Act 1, First Scene (p. 293-303)
• Rosaura pursues Astolfo, who is on his way to marry his cousin and claim the Polish throne.
• Rosaura is seeking justice from Astolfo who probably raped her.
• Rosaura is accompanied by Clarnn, a jester-type character.
• Rosaura is dressed like a man for safety's sake.
• Rosaura is thrown from her horse and is not badly injured.
• As Rosaura about to remount, she hears moaning coming from a tower hidden in rocks.
• Rosaura and Clarnn investigate and hear a man threaten them when they enter the tower.
• Rosaura and Clarnn meet Segismundo and hear of his plight.
• Clotaldo and some guards arrive and arrest Rosaura and Clarnn.
• Clotaldo is particularly interested in the sword which Rosaura carries, though she refuses to tell him where she got it.
• Clotaldo explains to the audience (not the characters) that the sword is his and how he left it...
This section contains 1,279 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)