|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Palmer remembers when she wakes up in “Anne” that George Forbes is now what?
(a) A famous painter
(b) A famous author
(c) A sculpture artist
(d) An opera singer
2. What is Mrs. Palmer’s first name in “Anne”?
3. What does the man on the train refer to Mrs. Palmer’s father’s name as in “Anne”?
(a) Judge Anderson
(b) Judge Sinclair
(c) Judge Peters
(d) Judge Smith
4. What is the narrator’s name in “The Wife’s Story”?
5. When Susan tries putting a shawl in Mrs. Palmer in “Anne,” Mrs. Palmer replies, “I am not in my dotage, child, that I cannot walk out without being wrapped up like” what?
(a) A Siberian
(b) An Eskimo
(c) A child
(d) A monkey
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fruit does Mrs. Palmer’s farm produce in “Anne”?
2. Who is coming to have tea with Mrs. Palmer’s daughter Susan in the beginning of “Anne”?
3. What does Jacky take out from her pocket and show the narrator when she discusses the narrator’s husband’s past in “The Wife’s Story”?
4. Where had Mrs. Palmer made investments in the West, according to the narrator of “Anne”?
5. What is the name of Mrs. Palmer’s servant who tells her a man is there for his money when Mrs. Palmer awakens in “Anne”?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator note about the character of Mrs. Palmer in the ending of “Anne”?
2. How would you describe the ending of “The Wife’s Story”? What happens to Hester?
3. How is Hester’s departure from her family described in “The Wife’s Story”?
4. What conflict arises in “The Wife’s Story” relating to Hester’s musical ambitions?
5. How would you describe the character of Hester in “The Wife’s Story”? What information is established about Hester in the opening of the story?
6. What consumes Mrs. Palmer’s thoughts when her character is introduced in “Anne”?
7. Who does Mrs. Palmer first encounter on the train in “Anne”? What is Mrs. Palmer’s reaction?
8. When and why did Hester’s marriage begin to change in “The Wife’s Story”?
9. Why is Hester’s family moving in “The Wife’s Story”? How does Hester feel about the move?
10. What does Hester do after leaving her family in “The Wife’s Story”?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)