|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacky take out from her pocket and show the narrator when she discusses the narrator’s husband’s past in “The Wife’s Story”?
(a) A wool mitten
(b) An alligator suitcase
(c) A morocco case
(d) A leather briefcase
2. What does the narrator of “Anne” say that Anne had “ever since she was a baby, and felt it as she did her blood from her feet to her head, and triumphed and was happy in it”?
(a) Powerful wisdom
(b) Emotional strength
(c) Great beauty
(d) A lofty inheritance
3. The narrator states in “Anne” that Mrs. Palmer once went all the way to Philadelphia to hear an Italian stroller named what?
4. What is the narrator’s name in “The Wife’s Story”?
5. When Mrs. Palmer awakens, her servant tells her that who is at the house looking for his money in “Anne”?
(a) The mayor
(b) The coal-man
(c) The carriage driver
(d) The funeral director
6. What character on the train in “Anne” is described as a “fat hunched man with the greasy black whiskers and gaudy chain”?andrew
(a) Job Palmer
(b) George Forbes
(d) Mr. Corvill
7. What word used in “The Wife’s Story” means unrestrained?
8. What is the name of the narrator’s husband in “The Wife’s Story”?
(a) Dr. Manning
(b) Dr. Smithfield
(c) Dr. Anderson
(d) Mr. Mason
9. What Jacky’s last name in “The Wife’s Story”?
10. The narrator in “The Wife’s Story” says there had been a time when she had dreamed of achieving whose stature?
(a) Susan B. Anthony’s
(b) Eleanor Roosevelt’s
(c) Heidi C. Clark’s
(d) Margaret Fuller’s
11. What is Mrs. Palmer’s first name in “Anne”?
12. When Mrs. Palmer returns from walking in the woods, Susan tells her she must take “four grains of quinine and” what when going to bed in “Anne”?
(a) A dram of whisky
(b) A cookie
(c) A spoon of cough syrup
(d) A hot lemonade
13. Who is coming to have tea with Mrs. Palmer’s daughter Susan in the beginning of “Anne”?
(a) Joe Hill
(b) Neff Sanders
(c) Jasper Tyrell
(d) Mr. Kirby
14. Mrs. Palmer gets on a train going where after withdrawing her bonds at the trust company in “Anne”?
(c) New York
15. What is Jacky’s relationship to the narrator’s husband in “The Wife’s Story”?
(a) She is his ward
(b) She is his sister
(c) She is his aunt
(d) She is his wife
Short Answer Questions
1. By what name does the narrator say she called her husband in their first six months of marriage in “The Wife’s Story”?
2. At what station does Mrs. Palmer get off the train and go to the trust company in “Anne”?
3. What character on the train in “Anne” is said to be the “chairman of the Woman’s National Society for the Examination of Prisons”?
4. A few weeks prior to when the narrator and her husband moved in “The Wife’s Story,” she describes a cool morning in what month?
5. Where had Mrs. Palmer made investments in the West, according to the narrator of “Anne”?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)