|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say Anne had in her hands when she fell asleep in the beginning of “Anne”?
(a) Yellow daisies
(c) Red roses
2. Who is coming to have tea with Mrs. Palmer’s daughter Susan in the beginning of “Anne”?
(a) Joe Hill
(b) Jasper Tyrell
(c) Mr. Kirby
(d) Neff Sanders
3. The narrator learns in “The Wife’s Story” that her husband’s first wife was addicted to what?
4. What was Mrs. Palmer’s husband’s name in “Anne”?
(a) Joe Palmer
(b) James Palmer
(c) Neff Palmer
(d) Job Palmer
5. What word used in “The Wife’s Story” means unrestrained?
6. What Jacky’s last name in “The Wife’s Story”?
7. What is the name of the narrator’s husband in “The Wife’s Story”?
(a) Mr. Mason
(b) Dr. Smithfield
(c) Dr. Anderson
(d) Dr. Manning
8. Where had Mrs. Palmer made investments in the West, according to the narrator of “Anne”?
(c) The Dakotas
9. Mrs. Palmer discovers that a man named Mr. Corvill is on the train with her in “Anne.” Corvill is noted as the name of a famous what?
(c) Opera singer
10. What servant does Mrs. Palmer give her satchel to and ask him to carry it to the station in “Anne”?
11. What is the narrator’s name in “The Wife’s Story”?
12. How long after her marriage does the narrator of “The Wife’s Story” say she and her husband moved?
(a) 5 months
(b) 2 and ½ years
(c) 3 months
(d) 18 months
13. The narrator says that in the long carriage rides she took with her husband in their first six months of marriage, she used to “succeed in coaxing him imperceptibly back to talk of his life” where?
(d) South America
14. What does the narrator say her husband bought after their marriage, “thinking to please me,” in “The Wife’s Story”?
(a) A wig
(b) A cape
(c) A monocle
(d) A ring
15. Mrs. Palmer, when she first awakens in “Anne,” recalls that her voice left her at what age?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did the narrator’s husband have from his first marriage in “The Wife’s Story”?
2. What is Jacky’s relationship to the narrator’s husband in “The Wife’s Story”?
3. What is the name of Mrs. Palmer’s son in “Anne”?
4. On the morning that Mrs. Palmer awakens from her dream of youth in “Anne,” a letter arrives from Mrs. Palmer’s consignees named what in Philadelphia?
5. What does the narrator of “The Wife’s Story” say was the work of her life prior to her marriage?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)