|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Anne.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Janey’s eyes in “Life in the Iron Mills”?
2. What does the narrator of “The Wife’s Story” say was the work of her life prior to her marriage?
(a) A painting
(b) A novel
(c) An opera
(d) A sculpture
3. About how old does Mrs. Palmer appear when she looks in the mirror after awakening in “Anne”?
4. Of the now shutting-down iron mill, Mitchell says in “Life in the Iron Mills,” “One could fancy these red smoldering lights to be the half-shut eyes of wild beasts, and the spectral figures their” what?
(a) Glistening teeth
(b) Victims in the den
(c) Scaly wings
5. How many centuries ago does the narrator describe Christ rising up from the people in “Life in the Iron Mills”?
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator states in “Life in the Iron Mills,” “These great turning-days of life cast no shadow before, slip by unconsciously. Only a trifle, a little turn of the rudder, and the ship goes” where?
2. By what nickname is Hugh Wolfe called in the mill in “Life in the Iron Mills”?
3. How many hands are employed at the iron mill where Hugh works in “Life in the Iron Mills”?
4. How long has Deborah stood at the spools at her job in the beginning of “Life in the Iron Mills”?
5. The narrator describes her baby girl as what in “The Wife’s Story”?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)