|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Anne.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the publisher that accepted “Life in the Iron Mills” immediately and began a long friendship with Rebecca Harding Davis?
(a) Walker H. Macy
(b) James T. Fields
(c) William B. Peters
(d) James S. Stoudt
2. When was Rebecca Harding Davis’s last essay, “The Disease of Money-Getting,” published?
3. What night of the week is it that Deborah brings Hugh his dinner at the mill in the beginning of “Life in the Iron Mills”?
4. Who was the supposed author of The Imitation of Christ?
(a) Saint Peter
(b) Rudolf van Diepholt
(c) John van de Gronde
(d) Thomas Kempis
5. The narrator’s husband in “The Wife’s Story” tells her when his business fails that it “would have been better I had not trusted the whole to” whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is coming to have tea with Mrs. Palmer’s daughter Susan in the beginning of “Anne”?
2. Where does Deborah say Hugh was born in “Life in the Iron Mills”?
3. How does the narrator describe Hugh Wolfe’s face in “Life in the Iron Mills”?
4. What character on the train in “Anne” is said to be the “chairman of the Woman’s National Society for the Examination of Prisons”?
5. What Biblical figure, the son of Isaac, does the narrator denote having been deprived of his birthright in “Life in the Iron Mills”?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)