|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wife's Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The character called Mitchell in “Life in the Iron Mills” is said to be an amateur what?
(d) Opera singer
2. The narrator describes “Jacky’s rough voice” as being like what in “The Wife’s Story”?
(a) The cuckoo’s
(b) A canary’s
(c) A siren’s
(d) A vulture’s
3. What is the name of the lawyer that the judge appoints to Hugh Wolfe in “Life in the Iron Mills”?
(a) Mr. Gibson
(b) Mr. Clarke
(c) Mr. May
(d) Mr. Smith
4. Rebecca Harding Davis was the eldest of how many children in her family?
5. What nonprofit literary publisher published Life in the Iron Mills and Other Stories, including “A Biographical Interpretation”?
(a) Amazon Publishing Company
(b) Penguin Books
(c) Simon and Schuster
(d) The Feminist Press
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator of “The Wife’s Story” recalls a time in Paris when she had gone to whose studio outside of the city to see her “Horse-Fair”?
2. When was “Life in the Iron Mills” first published in a periodical?
3. What does Mitchell refer to as “the cure for all the world’s diseases” in “Life in the Iron Mills”?
4. Where does Deborah say Hugh was born in “Life in the Iron Mills”?
5. Waiting for the Verdict is a novel about what?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)