|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Biographical Interpretation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom did Deborah presumably steal the money in “Life in the Iron Mills”?
(a) Mr. Wolfe
(b) Mr. Mitchell
(c) Dr. May
(d) Mr. Kirby
2. When was Rebecca Harding Davis’s last essay, “The Disease of Money-Getting,” published?
3. Where do Deborah’s coworkers tell her there a ball tonight in the beginning of “Life in the Iron Mills”?
(a) Miss Sarah’s
(b) Miss Andrews’
(c) Miss Potts’
(d) Miss Boyle’s
4. What word from “Life in the Iron Mills” means given or characterized by joking?
5. What does Deborah begin to eat for dinner after returning from the cotton mill in the beginning of “Life in the Iron Mills”?
(a) Pork sausage
(b) Boiled cabbage
(c) Haggis and rice
(d) Boiled potatoes
Short Answer Questions
1. What sentence does Hugh Wolfe receive in “Life in the Iron Mills”?
2. Of whom does the narrator say Hugh had found “a Man all- knowing, all-seeing, crowned by Nature, reigning” in “Life in the Iron Mills”?
3. What word from “Life in the Iron Mills” means slow, dull, or sluggish?
4. The character called Mitchell in “Life in the Iron Mills” is said to be an amateur what?
5. On what date were L. Clarke Davis and Rebecca Harding Davis married?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)