|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Biographical Interpretation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Deborah go to live after serving her jail sentence in “Life in the Iron Mills”?
(a) With Old Wolfe
(b) With the Quakers
(c) With Janey and her husband
(d) With her mother
2. What is the name of the man that goes about town lighting the lamps at dusk in “Life in the Iron Mills”?
(a) Mr. Clarke
(b) Neff Sanders
(c) Joe Hill
(d) Mr. Mitchell
3. Janey tells Deborah that “the father” is in the stone house with whom in the beginning of “Life in the Iron Mills”?
4. Of Deborah’s thoughts on Hugh in “Life in the Iron Mills,” the narrator says, “She knew, that, down under all the vileness and coarseness of his life, there was a groping passion for whatever was” what?
(a) Beautiful and pure
(b) Full of comfort
(d) Available to love
5. Where was Rebecca Harding Davis born?
(a) New Hope, Pennsylvania
(b) Washington, Pennsylvania
(c) New York, New York
(d) Wheeling, West Virginia
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Deborah hide the money she’s stolen when Hugh falls asleep after they’ve arrived home from the mill in “Life in the Iron Mills”?
2. Rebecca Harding and L. Clarke Davis met where?
3. On what date were L. Clarke Davis and Rebecca Harding Davis married?
4. What does Deborah begin to eat for dinner after returning from the cotton mill in the beginning of “Life in the Iron Mills”?
5. What war caused Rebecca Harding Davis to set aside her writing for a time?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)