|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Chapter 13, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following is NOT one of the subjects of the quadrivium?
2. What part of the city of Troyes are Jews located in?
(a) The Viscount's Tower.
(b) The canal.
(d) The new city.
3. Chretien de Troyes' works are the basis for what legend?
(a) King Arthur.
(b) The sack of Troy.
(d) The ugly duckling.
4. Many of Thibaut IV's love songs are about which woman?
(a) Queen Elizabeth.
(b) Queen Blanche.
(c) The Duchess of Windsor.
5. Why are Jews in a precarious position in Troyes?
(a) Royals may decree to ban Jews at any time.
(b) The Church actively hunts Jews in order to convert them.
(c) The Jews depend on the spice trade, which is sometimes interrupted.
(d) Their temples are constantly vandalized.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a typical play activity for young children?
2. What does a midwife do?
3. What language were the earliest playlets conducted in?
4. Educated wanderers who developed an irreverent brand of Latin verse were known as what?
5. How is mental illness treated by medieval doctors?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)