|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Chapter 13, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rules Champagne in the year 1250?
(a) Queen Blanche.
(b) Thibaut IV.
(c) Thibaut the Great.
(d) Geoffroi de Villehardouin.
2. What immediately follows the sermon in a typical church service?
(a) The Gregorian chant.
(b) The Creed.
(c) The thema.
(d) The Offertory.
3. According to medieval medicine, how many "humors" are there in the body?
4. What must a Jew wear to identify his or her religion?
(a) An iron necklace with the star of David.
(b) A red pentagram.
(c) A black and white armband.
(d) A yellow circle.
5. What is the computus?
(a) A map showing all the known lands in the world, and important landmarks.
(b) A scale used to measure grain and spice.
(c) A crude abacus used for basic arithmetic operations.
(d) The set of rules for determining the exact date of moveable feasts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the difference between Jewish money lenders and Christian money lenders?
2. What disaster befalls Troyes in 1188?
3. Why is the catapult of the Middles Ages superior to its Roman ancestor?
4. What are common maladies in the 13th century?
5. How is a baby dressed until it can walk?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)