|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Chapter 10, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why must the housewife be especially careful in selecting food from the market?
(a) Many merchants try to dilute their goods to increase their profit.
(b) Food prices vary greatly depending on market conditions.
(c) Poisonous food is rampant in the area.
(d) Their burgher husbands have very particular tastes.
2. What is the solar?
(a) Cloak room.
(b) Dining hall.
3. What is the donjon of the Count's Castle used for?
(a) To imprison political prisoners and debtors.
(c) It is home to many merchant families.
(d) Ceremonies and jousting tournaments.
4. Wealthy burghers can expect to have a home of how many stories?
(a) Two and a half.
(d) They share a one-story home with another burgher.
5. Which of the following is NOT an advantage of gold over iron?
(a) Gold is more easily worked with than iron.
(b) Goldsmiths earn higher wages than blacksmiths.
(c) Gold is more rare and thus more expensive than iron.
(d) Gold is a much tougher, harder metal than iron.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a superstition about childbirth mentioned in the text?
2. What might a dying man request as a form of penitence?
3. Which of the following is NOT a step taken in the preparation of a typical dinner?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the tools of a midwife?
5. According to the manners of the time, how should bread be consumed?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)