|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Chapter 10, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is a Caesarian section typically performed in the case of a woman giving birth?
(a) The midwife makes the determination to have a Caesarian section.
(b) Caesarian section is more typical than a natural childbirth.
(c) Only if the woman has died, or the child has died in the womb.
(d) The Bishop determines whether a birth should be done via Caesarian section.
2. What part of the city of Troyes are Jews located in?
(a) The canal.
(c) The Viscount's Tower.
(d) The new city.
3. What is usury?
(a) The ability to use a church structure for ceremonies.
(b) A material used to stuff mattresses.
(c) The process by which raw wool becomes sellable wool.
(d) Lending money at exorbitant rates of interest.
4. What is the computus?
(a) The set of rules for determining the exact date of moveable feasts.
(b) A scale used to measure grain and spice.
(c) A crude abacus used for basic arithmetic operations.
(d) A map showing all the known lands in the world, and important landmarks.
5. How wide are Troyes' city walls?
(a) 8 feet.
(b) 15 feet.
(c) 4 feet.
(d) 1 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the manners of the time, how should bread be consumed?
2. What is a typical mattress made of in 1250?
3. What does a fuller do?
4. What is the highest title a merchant can hope to obtain?
5. What is the donjon of the Count's Castle used for?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)