|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which might be a restriction against two people being married?
(a) Either one is a former criminal.
(b) Differences in education level.
(c) They are too closely related by blood.
(d) They are too old.
2. What is a typical mattress made of in 1250?
(c) Flour stuffed in sacks.
(d) Goose feathers.
3. What color is a burgher's house covered in upon his death?
4. Why do housewives frequently refrain from wearing makeup or wigs?
(a) Burghers prefer their wives to be natural beauties.
(b) Makeup and wigs contain unhealthy and allergic materials.
(c) There is a common fear that such "disguises" bring bad luck.
(d) The wearing of make up or wigs is frowned upon by the church.
5. Who is a wet nurse?
(a) A magician who lives in the swamp.
(b) A woman who attends to drowning victims.
(c) A woman who nurses another woman's baby.
(d) A doctor specializing in the fluids of the body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't the merchants use carts on the way to Troyes?
2. In 1250, who lives in the Viscount's Tower?
3. What is consanguinity?
4. What is "churching?"
5. Why is it wise to restrict a baby's movements after birth, according to medieval wisdom?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)