|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is an ideal quality of a wet nurse?
(a) A thorough understanding of Latin and Greek.
(b) The ability to play the lute.
(c) A strictly regimented diet.
(d) Intense powers of concentration.
2. Why do housewives frequently refrain from wearing makeup or wigs?
(a) Makeup and wigs contain unhealthy and allergic materials.
(b) Burghers prefer their wives to be natural beauties.
(c) There is a common fear that such "disguises" bring bad luck.
(d) The wearing of make up or wigs is frowned upon by the church.
3. Where do the burghers get their name?
(a) From the cities they dwell in.
(b) From their reputation as hated money lenders.
(c) From the food they sell within towns.
(d) From the commodities they deal in.
4. What are the majority of homes in Troyes made from?
5. What is a superstition about childbirth mentioned in the text?
(a) A jongleur is made to attend the birth to ensure the child has a happy rather than sad disposition.
(b) Very particular lute music is played prior to and during birth, so the child will not be born deaf.
(c) The woman's face is covered with a cloth during childbirth, as it is considered ill fortune for a woman to witness the birth of her own child.
(d) The time of birth must be recorded exactly, which can be used to predict the child's future.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a "commune" as defined by this book?
2. How do diners wipe their mouths during dinner?
3. How tall are Troyes' city walls?
4. Who lives in the Count's Castle?
5. Which of the following is NOT done in the counting room?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)