|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is an ideal quality of a wet nurse?
(a) The ability to play the lute.
(b) A thorough understanding of Latin and Greek.
(c) Intense powers of concentration.
(d) A strictly regimented diet.
2. What structure is common to all floors of a burghers' home?
(a) A large fireplace.
(b) A statue of the Virgin Mary.
(c) A mattress.
(d) A rectangular eating table.
3. Which of the following is NOT a step taken in the preparation of a typical dinner?
(a) Servants chop and blanch vegetables.
(b) Meats must be roasted in a communal oven.
(c) Food must be taken to the cathedral to be blessed.
(d) The wife must visit the butcher's to select a meat.
4. What is the widely-accepted currency in Troyes?
5. Why must the housewife be especially careful in selecting food from the market?
(a) Many merchants try to dilute their goods to increase their profit.
(b) Poisonous food is rampant in the area.
(c) Their burgher husbands have very particular tastes.
(d) Food prices vary greatly depending on market conditions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT done in the counting room?
2. What is an ecuelle?
3. What is "churching?"
4. Where do the burghers get their name?
5. According to the manners of the time, how should bread be consumed?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)