|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a typical mattress made of in 1250?
(a) Goose feathers.
(c) Flour stuffed in sacks.
2. Why do housewives frequently refrain from wearing makeup or wigs?
(a) Burghers prefer their wives to be natural beauties.
(b) Makeup and wigs contain unhealthy and allergic materials.
(c) The wearing of make up or wigs is frowned upon by the church.
(d) There is a common fear that such "disguises" bring bad luck.
3. Where do the burghers get their name?
(a) From the commodities they deal in.
(b) From the cities they dwell in.
(c) From their reputation as hated money lenders.
(d) From the food they sell within towns.
4. What city is the central subject of the book?
5. Which might be a restriction against two people being married?
(a) They are too closely related by blood.
(b) Differences in education level.
(c) Either one is a former criminal.
(d) They are too old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What might a dying man request as a form of penitence?
2. What material is used for ice skates?
3. Which of the following is NOT a step taken in the preparation of a typical dinner?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the tools of a midwife?
5. How is a baby dressed until it can walk?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)