|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is a baby dressed until it can walk?
(a) The baby is left naked until it can walk.
(b) With very tight wrappings.
(c) With a loose-fitting dress.
(d) All in white, in the hopes that a witch cannot hurt him/her.
2. According to ideal notions of beauty, how should skin appear to be considered beautiful?
(a) Dark and tanned.
(b) Ruddy and flushed.
(c) As white and flawless as possible.
(d) Shiny, with a high-gloss sheen.
3. What city is the central subject of the book?
4. How tall are Troyes' city walls?
(a) 20 feet.
(b) 30 feet.
(c) 10 feet.
(d) 4 feet.
5. What are the majority of homes in Troyes made from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a superstition about childbirth mentioned in the text?
2. Who lives in the "old city?"
3. Where are toilets located?
4. Which might be a restriction against two people being married?
5. Which of the following is a typical play activity for young children?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)