|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What might a dying man request as a form of penitence?
(a) To drink the blood of an ox.
(b) To lie down on a hair cloth.
(c) To be set upon a raft made out of ebony wood.
(d) To dip his coins and other property into a vat of boiling oil.
2. What structure is common to all floors of a burghers' home?
(a) A large fireplace.
(b) A rectangular eating table.
(c) A mattress.
(d) A statue of the Virgin Mary.
3. When is a Caesarian section typically performed in the case of a woman giving birth?
(a) Only if the woman has died, or the child has died in the womb.
(b) The Bishop determines whether a birth should be done via Caesarian section.
(c) Caesarian section is more typical than a natural childbirth.
(d) The midwife makes the determination to have a Caesarian section.
4. How wide are Troyes' city walls?
(a) 15 feet.
(b) 8 feet.
(c) 4 feet.
(d) 1 feet.
5. Which of the following is NOT a step taken in the preparation of a typical dinner?
(a) The wife must visit the butcher's to select a meat.
(b) Food must be taken to the cathedral to be blessed.
(c) Meats must be roasted in a communal oven.
(d) Servants chop and blanch vegetables.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is an ideal quality of a wet nurse?
2. How often does the typical city dweller in 1250 take a bath?
3. Which might be a restriction against two people being married?
4. Wealthy burghers can expect to have a home of how many stories?
5. Who lives in the attic of a home?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)