|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Chapter 10, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a step taken in the preparation of a typical dinner?
(a) Food must be taken to the cathedral to be blessed.
(b) Servants chop and blanch vegetables.
(c) Meats must be roasted in a communal oven.
(d) The wife must visit the butcher's to select a meat.
2. What are relics?
(a) The sacred physical remains of saints.
(b) Extremely elderly members of the clergy.
(c) Extremely elderly members of the congregation.
(d) Candles that help to illuminate statuary inside the church.
3. According to the manners of the time, how should bread be consumed?
(a) It is polite to make loud noises when eating bread.
(b) It should be broken rather than bitten off.
(c) The pinkie finger must not touch the bread.
(d) Bread is reserved as the very last food item consumed.
4. Why are soldiers hired by merchants on the way to the fair at Troyes?
(a) To scout out the correct routes.
(b) As a status symbol.
(c) For protection from bandits.
(d) For the exertion of political power.
5. Who are the only types of people not allowed to be married?
(c) The extremely poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a function of guilds?
2. What color is untreated glass from the 13th century?
3. Which one of the following is NOT one of the subjects of the quadrivium?
4. What is the purpose of the flying buttress?
5. What time period is covered by the book?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)