|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Chapter 13, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the characteristics of the Gothic font?
(a) Stiff, angular letters written with heavy lines.
(b) Soft, flowing letters with fine lines.
(c) Lower-case and upper-case letters.
(d) Huge letters with no ornamentation.
2. What were the two French languages of the 13th century?
(a) Southern and Northern.
(b) Latin and Greek.
(c) Provencal and Northern.
(d) La Bouche and Western.
3. Who rules Champagne in the year 1250?
(a) Thibaut the Great.
(b) Thibaut IV.
(c) Geoffroi de Villehardouin.
(d) Queen Blanche.
4. Who is a wet nurse?
(a) A magician who lives in the swamp.
(b) A woman who attends to drowning victims.
(c) A woman who nurses another woman's baby.
(d) A doctor specializing in the fluids of the body.
5. The tale "Flamenca" is an example of what type of book?
(b) Epic poem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the right of coinage?
2. What is the most profitable type of fabric in 1250 Troyes?
3. What are common maladies in the 13th century?
4. How many leper's colonies existed in France around 1250?
5. How does an apprentice become a master?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)