|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Chapter 13, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is troping?
(a) Words and melodies added to a traditional church service.
(b) A process to soften animal hides.
(c) A silly or impetuous idea.
(d) Traveling as part of a long pilgrimage.
2. What does a fuller do?
(a) He removes wool of its impurities.
(b) He treats yarn to give it firmness and body.
(c) He spins cotton into pieces of clothing.
(d) He digs graves.
3. How much time does an apprentice generally spend learning his craft?
(a) 3 months to 6 months.
(b) 6 months to 1 year.
(c) 1 to 2 years.
(d) 4 to 12 years.
4. Approximately how many doctors are there in the Troyes of 1250?
5. How does an apprentice become a master?
(a) In a church ritual.
(b) By the retirement or death of their master.
(c) By creating a masterpiece.
(d) By earning their master's degree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What might a dying man request as a form of penitence?
2. What is a lying-in chamber?
3. What disaster befalls Troyes in 1184?
4. How many deniers make up one shilling?
5. What is a proper subject for a Rutebauf poem?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)