|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Chapter 13, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which might be a restriction against two people being married?
(a) Differences in education level.
(b) Either one is a former criminal.
(c) They are too old.
(d) They are too closely related by blood.
2. How is time kept throughout the day in Troyes?
(a) The Count's Castle has an official timekeeper.
(b) A large sundial in the middle of town is referred to.
(c) The church rings bells at three-hour intervals.
(d) The church rings bells every hour on the hour.
3. What material is used for ice skates?
(b) Ivory tusks.
(c) Horse shin bones.
4. The tale "Flamenca" is an example of what type of book?
(a) Epic poem.
5. What does a midwife do?
(a) She attends to a pregnant woman and aids her in the birthing process.
(b) She is reported to ward away evil spirits with her relics.
(c) She is a mistress for the burgher.
(d) She buys food and other household items for the wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is mental illness treated by medieval doctors?
2. Which of the following is NOT a function of guilds?
3. What is a consignment?
4. What does a tanner use to soften an animal's hide?
5. How many leper's colonies existed in France around 1250?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)