|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Cornell tell Jimmy?
2. What does Huey Foster call to tell them?
3. Where was stillborn Jimmy Tock buried?
4. Where does Vivacemente ask Jimmy to meet him?
5. What happened to the real Jimmy Tock?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Punchinello sometimes wonder if he's real?
2. How is Jimmy able to overcome his fear and propel himself into action?
3. What surprise do Lorrie and Jimmy get when Agent Carson is sent over by Huey Foster?
4. What does Vivacemente reveal that he wants and why?
5. How do they react when Andy is born, considering the threat Beezo made when he burned down their home?
6. What precautions does Jimmy take when they leave the hospital with their new daughter, Annie?
7. What does the doorbell reveal?
8. What prompts Charlene to give one of the twins to Rudy and Madelaine in place of the child they had that was stillborn?
9. What happens that helps Jimmy and Lorrie to move on with their lives?
10. What does Punchinello finally agree to do the surgery in return for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What fears do Annie and Lucy share? How are they described by the girls? How is their fear different from the fear that Adam has? Why is Adam's fear strangely like a premonition? How do the fears that the two girls share save them from the sight of Konrad dead, and their mother injured on the floor in the kitchen? What does Jimmie tell them to get them to stay away despite their fear?
Essay Topic 2
What are the reasons that Punchinello Beezo, Crinkles and Honker give for committing the robbery of the Snow Village Bank? Why do each of the reasons differ? What motivates Punch to commit this crime? What motivates Honker? What is Crinkles reason? Why does Punch bring hostages? How do Crinkles and Honker respond when they see Lorrie and Jimmie?
Essay Topic 3
What happens on the fifth terrible day that Josef Tock predicted? How does the Tock family respond when the doorbell rings? Who is standing there and what does he want? Why does he panic when Jimmy tries to refuse his delivery? What is the delivery and why does the boy's last comment unnerve Jimmy to some degree?
This section contains 1,219 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)