|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many deputies show up at the hospital to guard against Konrad?
2. What three things survive the fire Konrad Beezo set?
3. When Lorrie reminds Punch that he is Annie's uncle, how does he respond?
4. What does Jimmy realize as he hides from the gunman?
5. What does Jimmy do to Konrad to subdue him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do they react when Andy is born, considering the threat Beezo made when he burned down their home?
2. What prompts Charlene to give one of the twins to Rudy and Madelaine in place of the child they had that was stillborn?
3. What window into Punch's reality does he open for Jimmy to see?
4. How are the Tock family prepared for the fifth terrible day?
5. What does Vivacemente reveal that he wants and why?
6. How does Punchinello first respond to the request for a kidney for Annie?
7. What news does Captain Huey Foster give Jimmy when he calls him out of the delivery room?
8. What surprise do Lorrie and Jimmy get when Agent Carson is sent over by Huey Foster?
9. What happens that helps Jimmy and Lorrie to move on with their lives?
10. What does Jimmy begin by explaining now?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What events alter several lives on the day that Jimmy is born? How does Konrad react to the condition of his wife during her delivery? What does he do when the delivery is over? Who does he hold responsible for the events that take place in the delivery room? What does he do that changes Jimmy's life forever? How long does it take before Jimmy knows the truth?
Essay Topic 2
How does Jimmy propose to Lorrie? What things does he reveal to her during his proposal? What does this tell the reader about his personality and the type of character he is? Why does Lorrie turn him down at first? What does Jimmy do that changes her mind? How does she explain the reason that she turned him down, and what request does she make of him at that time?
Essay Topic 3
What does Lorrie reveal to Jimmie after they have managed to subdue and restrain Konrad Beezo? How does she explain the way she feels to him? What is she so grateful for, and why does she want him to know this now? What is so exceptionally different in her mind between her life and his? What does she admit to him that renders him speechless? How does it make him love her even more?
This section contains 1,311 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)