|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Konrad remind Lorrie of?
2. What does Jimmy begin by revealing?
3. What is the third child born to Jimmy and Lorrie and when?
4. What happens when Lorrie's water breaks?
5. What three things survive the fire Konrad Beezo set?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the doorbell reveal?
2. After Jimmy's family arrives, and police deputies are standing guard, what phone call does Jimmy get?
3. What three things does Punchinello want to get in return for any cooperation?
4. What positive impact has prison had on Punchinello?
5. What happens that helps Jimmy and Lorrie to move on with their lives?
6. What does Vivacemente reveal that he wants and why?
7. How does Jimmy finally overcome Beezo?
8. What does Konrad want from Lorrie and why does he feel he is entitled to it?
9. What does Jimmy begin by explaining now?
10. What surprise do Lorrie and Jimmy get when Agent Carson is sent over by Huey Foster?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Jimmy propose to Lorrie? What things does he reveal to her during his proposal? What does this tell the reader about his personality and the type of character he is? Why does Lorrie turn him down at first? What does Jimmy do that changes her mind? How does she explain the reason that she turned him down, and what request does she make of him at that time?
Essay Topic 2
What events alter several lives on the day that Jimmy is born? How does Konrad react to the condition of his wife during her delivery? What does he do when the delivery is over? Who does he hold responsible for the events that take place in the delivery room? What does he do that changes Jimmy's life forever? How long does it take before Jimmy knows the truth?
Essay Topic 3
How does Punch reveal an intimate part of himself during his meeting with Lorrie and Jimmy? What does he tell them that gives them a glimpse into his real self? How does he describe the way he wakes up at night? What is the symbolism of his revelations to Jimmy and Lorrie? How does Lorrie try to use this to convince him to donate a part of himself to keep Annie alive? Why is he so resentful?
This section contains 1,193 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)