|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Lorrie's water breaks?
2. What is obviously missing?
3. When Lorrie reminds Punch that he is Annie's uncle, how does he respond?
4. What does Punchinello ask Jimmy after Charlene leaves?
5. How many deputies show up at the hospital to guard against Konrad?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do they react when Andy is born, considering the threat Beezo made when he burned down their home?
2. What fills Jimmy with a sense of foreboding?
3. What news does Captain Huey Foster give Jimmy when he calls him out of the delivery room?
4. After Jimmy's family arrives, and police deputies are standing guard, what phone call does Jimmy get?
5. What gives Jimmy's position away when he is waiting for the gunman to pass, and why is that fortuitous?
6. What details must Jimmy attend to when they get to the hospital?
7. What birth defect does Jimmy inquire about that reduces Punchinello to tears and why does it?
8. What precautions does Jimmy take when they leave the hospital with their new daughter, Annie?
9. What does Lorrie do that takes Beezo by surprise?
10. What does Vivacemente reveal that he wants and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the reasons that Punchinello Beezo, Crinkles and Honker give for committing the robbery of the Snow Village Bank? Why do each of the reasons differ? What motivates Punch to commit this crime? What motivates Honker? What is Crinkles reason? Why does Punch bring hostages? How do Crinkles and Honker respond when they see Lorrie and Jimmie?
Essay Topic 2
How does Charlene explain the events that took place on the night that Punch and Jimmy were born? What events conspired to bring her to the decision that she made? Why was she so sure that she would never be caught in her deception? What harm did this deception cause if any? Who benefited? What did Charlene do with the child born to Madelaine? Where is the boy now?
Essay Topic 3
How does Jimmy propose to Lorrie? What things does he reveal to her during his proposal? What does this tell the reader about his personality and the type of character he is? Why does Lorrie turn him down at first? What does Jimmy do that changes her mind? How does she explain the reason that she turned him down, and what request does she make of him at that time?
This section contains 1,220 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)