|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does he tell his frightened girls?
2. What does Punchinello ask Jimmy after Charlene leaves?
3. What does Konrad assure Lorrie of?
4. When does Lorrie finally come home?
5. What does Lorrie warn against?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is so significant about the gunman's identity?
2. What does Punchinello finally agree to do the surgery in return for?
3. What happens that helps Jimmy and Lorrie to move on with their lives?
4. What does the doorbell reveal?
5. What news does Captain Huey Foster give Jimmy when he calls him out of the delivery room?
6. How does Jimmy finally overcome Beezo?
7. What prompts Charlene to give one of the twins to Rudy and Madelaine in place of the child they had that was stillborn?
8. What gives Jimmy's position away when he is waiting for the gunman to pass, and why is that fortuitous?
9. What details must Jimmy attend to when they get to the hospital?
10. What fills Jimmy with a sense of foreboding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What events alter several lives on the day that Jimmy is born? How does Konrad react to the condition of his wife during her delivery? What does he do when the delivery is over? Who does he hold responsible for the events that take place in the delivery room? What does he do that changes Jimmy's life forever? How long does it take before Jimmy knows the truth?
Essay Topic 2
How does Konrad Beezo come into their lives? What does he want from Jimmy and Lorrie that they are not willing to give him? Why does he think he has a right to claim this? What events does he refer to that he believes gives him this right? How does Jimmy deal with him the first time? Where does he leave him and where are Jimmy and Lorrie going? Why doesn't Konrad pursue the issue?
Essay Topic 3
How many murders does Punchinello commit before the police take him into custody? What is the reason that he kills his first victim? Why does he kill the next victims? What reason does he have for committing the next murder? What kind of gift does he call it, and who is the gift for? Why is the gift obtained under somewhat dishonest circumstances?
This section contains 1,189 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)