|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Jimmy and Lorrie go the day before Thanksgiving?
2. What is her ailment?
3. What fear do Annie and Lucy share?
4. What does Punchinello admit to Lorrie and Jimmy?
5. What do Jimmy and Lorrie name their first born?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jimmy keep his children from coming down stairs?
2. What does Konrad want from Lorrie and why does he feel he is entitled to it?
3. What three things does Punchinello want to get in return for any cooperation?
4. What happens that helps Jimmy and Lorrie to move on with their lives?
5. What positive impact has prison had on Punchinello?
6. How is Jimmy able to overcome his fear and propel himself into action?
7. What news does Captain Huey Foster give Jimmy when he calls him out of the delivery room?
8. What window into Punch's reality does he open for Jimmy to see?
9. How does Jimmy finally overcome Beezo?
10. What precautions does Jimmy take when they leave the hospital with their new daughter, Annie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Jimmy meet Lorrie? What events conspire to bond them together? How does Jimmy reveal both his strengths and his weaknesses to her during the time they are together? What does he do that ultimately saves her from an unknown fate? How is he affected when he stops Lorrie from being taken by Punchinello in his van?
Essay Topic 2
What does Lorrie reveal to Jimmie after they have managed to subdue and restrain Konrad Beezo? How does she explain the way she feels to him? What is she so grateful for, and why does she want him to know this now? What is so exceptionally different in her mind between her life and his? What does she admit to him that renders him speechless? How does it make him love her even more?
Essay Topic 3
What events does Punchinello Beezo describe to Lorrie and Jimmy? How do these events differ from the events as Jimmy knows them? Why do the back issues of the Snow Village newspaper upset Beezo? What does he do when he reads about the incident that involved his father at the time of his birth? Who does he ultimately hold responsible?
This section contains 1,165 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)