|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What startles Jimmy and gives away his position?
2. How old is Annie?
3. What does Lorrie tell Beezo to do?
4. What does Huey Foster call to tell them?
5. Who does Jimmy not see himself cast as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Captain Huey Foster give Jimmy when he calls him out of the delivery room?
2. How does Jimmy keep his children from coming down stairs?
3. What does the doorbell reveal?
4. How does Jimmy finally overcome Beezo?
5. How does Beezo manage to so completely fool Lorrie and Jimmy?
6. How is Jimmy able to overcome his fear and propel himself into action?
7. What prompts Charlene to give one of the twins to Rudy and Madelaine in place of the child they had that was stillborn?
8. What three things does Punchinello want to get in return for any cooperation?
9. What details must Jimmy attend to when they get to the hospital?
10. What does Lorrie do that takes Beezo by surprise?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do Jimmy and Lorrie ask of Punchinello? How does he respond to this request? Why does Jimmy go back in to see him after they had already left? What changes Punch's mind? What one request does he have in return for the precious gift they require of him? Why does Jimmy so readily agree? Does Jimmy ever intend to fulfill his part of this agreement? Why not?
Essay Topic 2
How does Jimmy propose to Lorrie? What things does he reveal to her during his proposal? What does this tell the reader about his personality and the type of character he is? Why does Lorrie turn him down at first? What does Jimmy do that changes her mind? How does she explain the reason that she turned him down, and what request does she make of him at that time?
Essay Topic 3
How does Konrad Beezo come into their lives? What does he want from Jimmy and Lorrie that they are not willing to give him? Why does he think he has a right to claim this? What events does he refer to that he believes gives him this right? How does Jimmy deal with him the first time? Where does he leave him and where are Jimmy and Lorrie going? Why doesn't Konrad pursue the issue?
This section contains 1,171 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)