|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does he say after Jimmy takes it?
2. What do Jimmy and Lorrie name their first born?
3. After setting their home on fire, what conditions does Konrad promise to return under?
4. What degree has Punchinello earned from prison?
5. How many in total work with Konrad as he breaks the law?
Short Essay Questions
1. What fills Jimmy with a sense of foreboding?
2. What gives Jimmy's position away when he is waiting for the gunman to pass, and why is that fortuitous?
3. What birth defect does Jimmy inquire about that reduces Punchinello to tears and why does it?
4. How do they react when Andy is born, considering the threat Beezo made when he burned down their home?
5. After Jimmy's family arrives, and police deputies are standing guard, what phone call does Jimmy get?
6. How does Jimmy keep his children from coming down stairs?
7. What positive impact has prison had on Punchinello?
8. What does the doorbell reveal?
9. How are the Tock family prepared for the fifth terrible day?
10. What does Punchinello finally agree to do the surgery in return for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What events alter several lives on the day that Jimmy is born? How does Konrad react to the condition of his wife during her delivery? What does he do when the delivery is over? Who does he hold responsible for the events that take place in the delivery room? What does he do that changes Jimmy's life forever? How long does it take before Jimmy knows the truth?
Essay Topic 2
What do Jimmy and Lorrie ask of Punchinello? How does he respond to this request? Why does Jimmy go back in to see him after they had already left? What changes Punch's mind? What one request does he have in return for the precious gift they require of him? Why does Jimmy so readily agree? Does Jimmy ever intend to fulfill his part of this agreement? Why not?
Essay Topic 3
What does Lorrie reveal to Jimmie after they have managed to subdue and restrain Konrad Beezo? How does she explain the way she feels to him? What is she so grateful for, and why does she want him to know this now? What is so exceptionally different in her mind between her life and his? What does she admit to him that renders him speechless? How does it make him love her even more?
This section contains 1,149 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)