|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Punchinello admit to Lorrie and Jimmy?
2. What are Punch's three demands?
3. What does Lorrie suggest they do instead?
4. What secret does Jimmy reveal to Punch?
5. What languages does Punchinello learn in prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jimmy keep his children from coming down stairs?
2. How are the Tock family prepared for the fifth terrible day?
3. What does Konrad want from Lorrie and why does he feel he is entitled to it?
4. What three things does Punchinello want to get in return for any cooperation?
5. How does Punchinello first respond to the request for a kidney for Annie?
6. What does Lorrie do that takes Beezo by surprise?
7. What happens that helps Jimmy and Lorrie to move on with their lives?
8. What surprise do Lorrie and Jimmy get when Agent Carson is sent over by Huey Foster?
9. What positive impact has prison had on Punchinello?
10. What birth defect does Jimmy inquire about that reduces Punchinello to tears and why does it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the last thing Konrad Beezo does before he disappears the first time? What three things remain when it is all over? What is the significance of these three items? Which item gives Jimmy the creeps? Why? How is it even possible that one of these items survives? What is written on the card that links him to the day he was born?
Essay Topic 2
What do Jimmy and Lorrie ask of Punchinello? How does he respond to this request? Why does Jimmy go back in to see him after they had already left? What changes Punch's mind? What one request does he have in return for the precious gift they require of him? Why does Jimmy so readily agree? Does Jimmy ever intend to fulfill his part of this agreement? Why not?
Essay Topic 3
How many murders does Punchinello commit before the police take him into custody? What is the reason that he kills his first victim? Why does he kill the next victims? What reason does he have for committing the next murder? What kind of gift does he call it, and who is the gift for? Why is the gift obtained under somewhat dishonest circumstances?
This section contains 1,154 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)