|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How had Nedra been killed by Konrad?
2. What request does Punchinello make that Lorrie flatly refuses?
3. Why does Jimmy go back to Punchinello after they had left?
4. What does she have in her apron that she uses against him?
5. Who does Jimmy not see himself cast as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What birth defect does Jimmy inquire about that reduces Punchinello to tears and why does it?
2. What does Vivacemente reveal that he wants and why?
3. What happens that helps Jimmy and Lorrie to move on with their lives?
4. What fills Jimmy with a sense of foreboding?
5. How does Beezo manage to so completely fool Lorrie and Jimmy?
6. How does Jimmy keep his children from coming down stairs?
7. What does Konrad want from Lorrie and why does he feel he is entitled to it?
8. How is Jimmy able to overcome his fear and propel himself into action?
9. What details must Jimmy attend to when they get to the hospital?
10. What positive impact has prison had on Punchinello?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What fears do Annie and Lucy share? How are they described by the girls? How is their fear different from the fear that Adam has? Why is Adam's fear strangely like a premonition? How do the fears that the two girls share save them from the sight of Konrad dead, and their mother injured on the floor in the kitchen? What does Jimmie tell them to get them to stay away despite their fear?
Essay Topic 2
What happens when Jimmy and Lorrie go to the Halloway Farm as requested? What do they see when they get there? What is requested of them by Virgilio Vivacemente? How do they respond? What is offered to Lorrie and Jimmy and what threat is made if they refuse? What do Lorrie and Jimmy conspire to do and how does it almost back fire? What happens to Jimmy? To Virgilio?
Essay Topic 3
How many murders does Punchinello commit before the police take him into custody? What is the reason that he kills his first victim? Why does he kill the next victims? What reason does he have for committing the next murder? What kind of gift does he call it, and who is the gift for? Why is the gift obtained under somewhat dishonest circumstances?
This section contains 1,154 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)