|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they follow to the hospital?
2. Where was stillborn Jimmy Tock buried?
3. When the doorbell rings on the fifth terrible day, who is standing there?
4. Where do Jimmy and Lorrie go the day before Thanksgiving?
5. How many deputies show up at the hospital to guard against Konrad?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lorrie do that takes Beezo by surprise?
2. After Jimmy's family arrives, and police deputies are standing guard, what phone call does Jimmy get?
3. How does Jimmy keep his children from coming down stairs?
4. How does Punchinello first respond to the request for a kidney for Annie?
5. What gives Jimmy's position away when he is waiting for the gunman to pass, and why is that fortuitous?
6. What fills Jimmy with a sense of foreboding?
7. What does Vivacemente reveal that he wants and why?
8. How is Jimmy able to overcome his fear and propel himself into action?
9. What is so significant about the gunman's identity?
10. What happens that helps Jimmy and Lorrie to move on with their lives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What events alter several lives on the day that Jimmy is born? How does Konrad react to the condition of his wife during her delivery? What does he do when the delivery is over? Who does he hold responsible for the events that take place in the delivery room? What does he do that changes Jimmy's life forever? How long does it take before Jimmy knows the truth?
Essay Topic 2
When is the next time Jimmy and Lorrie see Konrad Beezo? How does he manage to get past their defenses? What does he use as a disguise to get into the house? Who does he impersonate? To what degree does he change his appearance? What does he want this time? How do Jimmy and Lorrie react to this request? What is the outcome of this encounter?
Essay Topic 3
What happens on the fifth terrible day that Josef Tock predicted? How does the Tock family respond when the doorbell rings? Who is standing there and what does he want? Why does he panic when Jimmy tries to refuse his delivery? What is the delivery and why does the boy's last comment unnerve Jimmy to some degree?
This section contains 1,174 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)