|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jimmy not see himself cast as?
2. What does Dr. Cornell tell Jimmy?
3. How long does Lorrie's surgery last?
4. How many deputies show up at the hospital to guard against Konrad?
5. What does Punch really want from Jimmy in return?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens that helps Jimmy and Lorrie to move on with their lives?
2. What is so significant about the gunman's identity?
3. How does Punchinello first respond to the request for a kidney for Annie?
4. What does Lorrie do that takes Beezo by surprise?
5. What news does Captain Huey Foster give Jimmy when he calls him out of the delivery room?
6. What does Jimmy begin by explaining now?
7. Why does Punchinello sometimes wonder if he's real?
8. What does the doorbell reveal?
9. How does Beezo manage to so completely fool Lorrie and Jimmy?
10. What does Vivacemente reveal that he wants and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the reasons that Punchinello Beezo, Crinkles and Honker give for committing the robbery of the Snow Village Bank? Why do each of the reasons differ? What motivates Punch to commit this crime? What motivates Honker? What is Crinkles reason? Why does Punch bring hostages? How do Crinkles and Honker respond when they see Lorrie and Jimmie?
Essay Topic 2
How does Jimmy meet Lorrie? What events conspire to bond them together? How does Jimmy reveal both his strengths and his weaknesses to her during the time they are together? What does he do that ultimately saves her from an unknown fate? How is he affected when he stops Lorrie from being taken by Punchinello in his van?
Essay Topic 3
What is the last thing Konrad Beezo does before he disappears the first time? What three things remain when it is all over? What is the significance of these three items? Which item gives Jimmy the creeps? Why? How is it even possible that one of these items survives? What is written on the card that links him to the day he was born?
This section contains 1,150 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)