|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jimmy and Lorrie immediately realize?
2. What is her ailment?
3. When does Lorrie finally come home?
4. What three things survive the fire Konrad Beezo set?
5. After setting their home on fire, what conditions does Konrad promise to return under?
Short Essay Questions
1. What details must Jimmy attend to when they get to the hospital?
2. What birth defect does Jimmy inquire about that reduces Punchinello to tears and why does it?
3. How is Jimmy able to overcome his fear and propel himself into action?
4. How do they react when Andy is born, considering the threat Beezo made when he burned down their home?
5. How are the Tock family prepared for the fifth terrible day?
6. What does Konrad want from Lorrie and why does he feel he is entitled to it?
7. What surprise do Lorrie and Jimmy get when Agent Carson is sent over by Huey Foster?
8. What positive impact has prison had on Punchinello?
9. What window into Punch's reality does he open for Jimmy to see?
10. What three things does Punchinello want to get in return for any cooperation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Konrad Beezo know that Lorrie was due and had gone into labor? From where did he monitor her and how did he gain access to this convenient post? What does Huey Foster of the Snow Valley police department discover when he goes to Nedra's house? What condition does he find her in that upsets him to such a degree? What has Konrad done to her that is unusual and degrading?
Essay Topic 2
How does Charlene explain the events that took place on the night that Punch and Jimmy were born? What events conspired to bring her to the decision that she made? Why was she so sure that she would never be caught in her deception? What harm did this deception cause if any? Who benefited? What did Charlene do with the child born to Madelaine? Where is the boy now?
Essay Topic 3
When is the next time Jimmy and Lorrie see Konrad Beezo? How does he manage to get past their defenses? What does he use as a disguise to get into the house? Who does he impersonate? To what degree does he change his appearance? What does he want this time? How do Jimmy and Lorrie react to this request? What is the outcome of this encounter?
This section contains 1,183 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)