|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Konrad Beezo.
2. What is the medical reason Jimmy and Lorrie go to see Punch?
3. What do Jimmy and Lorrie name their first born?
4. What do Jimmy and Lorrie immediately realize?
5. Who does Konrad remind Lorrie of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Punchinello finally agree to do the surgery in return for?
2. What does Jimmy begin by explaining now?
3. What three things does Punchinello want to get in return for any cooperation?
4. How is Jimmy able to overcome his fear and propel himself into action?
5. What does Konrad want from Lorrie and why does he feel he is entitled to it?
6. After Jimmy's family arrives, and police deputies are standing guard, what phone call does Jimmy get?
7. What fills Jimmy with a sense of foreboding?
8. What birth defect does Jimmy inquire about that reduces Punchinello to tears and why does it?
9. What surprise do Lorrie and Jimmy get when Agent Carson is sent over by Huey Foster?
10. What happens that helps Jimmy and Lorrie to move on with their lives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Lorrie write the last few chapters of Jimmy's memoir's? What conclusions does the reader draw from the fact that Jimmy does not finish the story of his five terrible days? Where does Lorrie's version of events begin? How does she start her narration and in what ways is it similar to the narration as it was originally written by Jimmy?
Essay Topic 2
What happens when Jimmy and Lorrie go to the Halloway Farm as requested? What do they see when they get there? What is requested of them by Virgilio Vivacemente? How do they respond? What is offered to Lorrie and Jimmy and what threat is made if they refuse? What do Lorrie and Jimmy conspire to do and how does it almost back fire? What happens to Jimmy? To Virgilio?
Essay Topic 3
How does Konrad Beezo come into their lives? What does he want from Jimmy and Lorrie that they are not willing to give him? Why does he think he has a right to claim this? What events does he refer to that he believes gives him this right? How does Jimmy deal with him the first time? Where does he leave him and where are Jimmy and Lorrie going? Why doesn't Konrad pursue the issue?
This section contains 1,159 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)