|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Konrad assure Lorrie of?
2. What is apparently part of Virgilio's manipulative style?
3. What fear does Andy develop?
4. Why does Jimmy go back to Punchinello after they had left?
5. What does Jimmy realize as he hides from the gunman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What positive impact has prison had on Punchinello?
2. How does Jimmy keep his children from coming down stairs?
3. What fills Jimmy with a sense of foreboding?
4. What three things does Punchinello want to get in return for any cooperation?
5. What birth defect does Jimmy inquire about that reduces Punchinello to tears and why does it?
6. What does Punchinello finally agree to do the surgery in return for?
7. How is Jimmy able to overcome his fear and propel himself into action?
8. After Jimmy's family arrives, and police deputies are standing guard, what phone call does Jimmy get?
9. What does Vivacemente reveal that he wants and why?
10. What does Lorrie do that takes Beezo by surprise?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens on the fifth terrible day that Josef Tock predicted? How does the Tock family respond when the doorbell rings? Who is standing there and what does he want? Why does he panic when Jimmy tries to refuse his delivery? What is the delivery and why does the boy's last comment unnerve Jimmy to some degree?
Essay Topic 2
How does Punch reveal an intimate part of himself during his meeting with Lorrie and Jimmy? What does he tell them that gives them a glimpse into his real self? How does he describe the way he wakes up at night? What is the symbolism of his revelations to Jimmy and Lorrie? How does Lorrie try to use this to convince him to donate a part of himself to keep Annie alive? Why is he so resentful?
Essay Topic 3
What happens when Jimmy and Lorrie go to the Halloway Farm as requested? What do they see when they get there? What is requested of them by Virgilio Vivacemente? How do they respond? What is offered to Lorrie and Jimmy and what threat is made if they refuse? What do Lorrie and Jimmy conspire to do and how does it almost back fire? What happens to Jimmy? To Virgilio?
This section contains 1,161 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)