|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tries to block them in their driveway?
2. What genetic condition does Josef predict Jimmy will have?
3. What color is Honker's hair?
4. What is the main street?
5. What time does Lorrie leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What dream did Punch have that he claims Virgilio refused to help him realize?
2. What remarkable things does Josef tell Rudy?
3. What does Jimmy tell Punch in an effort to ensure that no harm will come to Lorrie?
4. What things does Jimmy reveal about himself to Lorrie before he proposes?
5. What is the purpose of the tunnel and who built it?
6. What does Lorrie's mother do for a living, and what are her main sources of income from it?
7. What does Punchinello tell Jimmy and Lorrie about the day of his birth?
8. What happens to Konrad Beezo's wife during delivery of their son?
9. What motivates the three criminals to rob the Snow Village bank?
10. What do Jimmy and Lorrie encounter as they are getting ready to leave for the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the last thing Konrad Beezo does before he disappears the first time? What three things remain when it is all over? What is the significance of these three items? Which item gives Jimmy the creeps? Why? How is it even possible that one of these items survives? What is written on the card that links him to the day he was born?
Essay Topic 2
When is the next time Jimmy and Lorrie see Konrad Beezo? How does he manage to get past their defenses? What does he use as a disguise to get into the house? Who does he impersonate? To what degree does he change his appearance? What does he want this time? How do Jimmy and Lorrie react to this request? What is the outcome of this encounter?
Essay Topic 3
How does Jimmy meet Lorrie? What events conspire to bond them together? How does Jimmy reveal both his strengths and his weaknesses to her during the time they are together? What does he do that ultimately saves her from an unknown fate? How is he affected when he stops Lorrie from being taken by Punchinello in his van?
This section contains 1,130 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)