|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lionel Davis?
2. When does the first of Jimmy's five ordeals come to pass?
3. Where do the clowns go with the money from the bank?
4. What does Punch assure Jimmy?
5. What does Lorrie Hicks do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is so incredible about the predictions made by Josef in the hospital?
2. What things does Jimmy reveal about himself to Lorrie before he proposes?
3. What do Lorrie and Jimmie argue about where Crinkles is concerned?
4. What makes Jimmy decide to use the nail file on Punchinello?
5. Who arrives while they are talking to the killer and why does that buoy his spirits?
6. What does Lorrie's mother do for a living, and what are her main sources of income from it?
7. What dream did Punch have that he claims Virgilio refused to help him realize?
8. What is the most significant curiosity regarding Jimmy's family's relationship to food?
9. In what way does the killer reveal vulnerability?
10. What does Punchinello tell Jimmy and Lorrie about the day of his birth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens when Jimmy and Lorrie go to the Halloway Farm as requested? What do they see when they get there? What is requested of them by Virgilio Vivacemente? How do they respond? What is offered to Lorrie and Jimmy and what threat is made if they refuse? What do Lorrie and Jimmy conspire to do and how does it almost back fire? What happens to Jimmy? To Virgilio?
Essay Topic 2
What are the reasons that Punchinello Beezo, Crinkles and Honker give for committing the robbery of the Snow Village Bank? Why do each of the reasons differ? What motivates Punch to commit this crime? What motivates Honker? What is Crinkles reason? Why does Punch bring hostages? How do Crinkles and Honker respond when they see Lorrie and Jimmie?
Essay Topic 3
How does Konrad Beezo come into their lives? What does he want from Jimmy and Lorrie that they are not willing to give him? Why does he think he has a right to claim this? What events does he refer to that he believes gives him this right? How does Jimmy deal with him the first time? Where does he leave him and where are Jimmy and Lorrie going? Why doesn't Konrad pursue the issue?
This section contains 1,149 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)