|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the killer ask her if she has in her purse?
2. How many people had Punchinello killed in total?
3. What 'gift' does Punch give Jimmy and Lorrie?
4. What tries to block them in their driveway?
5. What happened to Jimmy's Shelby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who arrives while they are talking to the killer and why does that buoy his spirits?
2. What is the purpose of the tunnel and who built it?
3. What is Jimmy's biggest problem around Lorrie?
4. What does Lorrie reveal to Jimmy about her family?
5. In what way does the killer reveal vulnerability?
6. What is the most significant curiosity regarding Jimmy's family's relationship to food?
7. What dream did Punch have that he claims Virgilio refused to help him realize?
8. What does Jimmy tell Punch in an effort to ensure that no harm will come to Lorrie?
9. What things does Jimmy reveal about himself to Lorrie before he proposes?
10. What happens on the way to the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is so amazing about the predictions made by Josef Tock? What physical condition is Josef in that makes his predictions such a surprise? What makes Jimmy believe in them without reservation? What do they find out after several predictions come true that makes the fact that Josef accurately predicted them even more amazing?
Essay Topic 2
What fears do Annie and Lucy share? How are they described by the girls? How is their fear different from the fear that Adam has? Why is Adam's fear strangely like a premonition? How do the fears that the two girls share save them from the sight of Konrad dead, and their mother injured on the floor in the kitchen? What does Jimmie tell them to get them to stay away despite their fear?
Essay Topic 3
How does Charlene explain the events that took place on the night that Punch and Jimmy were born? What events conspired to bring her to the decision that she made? Why was she so sure that she would never be caught in her deception? What harm did this deception cause if any? Who benefited? What did Charlene do with the child born to Madelaine? Where is the boy now?
This section contains 1,150 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)