|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Lorrie go into labor?
2. What does Jimmy buy in preparation of the second of Grandpa Josef's terrible day predictions?
3. What time does Lorrie leave?
4. What 'gift' does Punch give Jimmy and Lorrie?
5. Who does Crinkles resemble?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jimmy tell Punch in an effort to ensure that no harm will come to Lorrie?
2. What things does Jimmy reveal about himself to Lorrie before he proposes?
3. What makes Jimmy decide to use the nail file on Punchinello?
4. What does Lorrie reveal to Jimmy about her family?
5. How do most residents in Snow Village make their living?
6. How does Jimmy manage to convince Lorrie to marry him?
7. What is Jimmy's surprising initial response to the killer's shooting of Lionel Davis?
8. How does Lorrie's demeanor help the situation that she and Jimmy find themselves in?
9. How many people are killed by Punchinello in the commission of his crime and how are they killed?
10. What does Jimmy do to try to get away from the man in the Hummer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do Jimmy and Lorrie ask of Punchinello? How does he respond to this request? Why does Jimmy go back in to see him after they had already left? What changes Punch's mind? What one request does he have in return for the precious gift they require of him? Why does Jimmy so readily agree? Does Jimmy ever intend to fulfill his part of this agreement? Why not?
Essay Topic 2
What is the last thing Konrad Beezo does before he disappears the first time? What three things remain when it is all over? What is the significance of these three items? Which item gives Jimmy the creeps? Why? How is it even possible that one of these items survives? What is written on the card that links him to the day he was born?
Essay Topic 3
How does Jimmy propose to Lorrie? What things does he reveal to her during his proposal? What does this tell the reader about his personality and the type of character he is? Why does Lorrie turn him down at first? What does Jimmy do that changes her mind? How does she explain the reason that she turned him down, and what request does she make of him at that time?
This section contains 1,198 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)