|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jimmy believe he knows the reason this is the fourth terrible day?
(a) He senses Punch has no heart.
(b) He believes he will lose Annie this day.
(c) He is convinced that Punch will refuse them.
(d) He thinks going to Punch was a mistake.
2. What does Jimmy realize as he hides from the gunman?
(a) Lorrie is alone.
(b) There is no help coming.
(c) He is out of ammunition.
(d) The target is Lorrie.
3. What does Punchinello ask Jimmy after Charlene leaves?
(a) "Do you ever think about me in here?"
(b) "Do you sometimes wonder if you're real?"
(c) "Are you ever sorry for stabbing me?"
(d) "Do you wonder what life might have been like?"
4. Where was stillborn Jimmy Tock buried?
(a) In a graveyard outside of town.
(b) In a plot behind the hospital.
(c) In the graveyard at Charlene's church.
(d) In a plot at Charlene's home.
5. What fear do Annie and Lucy share?
(a) Fear of fire.
(b) Monsters under the bed.
(c) Monsters in the closet.
(d) Fear of the dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the agent tell them they have arrested?
2. Why is Jimmy relieved?
3. What talent does Punch admit he doesn't have?
4. What is her ailment?
5. What does Lorrie thank Jimmy for as they wend their way back up the embankment?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Punchinello first respond to the request for a kidney for Annie?
2. What news does Captain Huey Foster give Jimmy when he calls him out of the delivery room?
3. What is so significant about the gunman's identity?
4. How does Beezo manage to so completely fool Lorrie and Jimmy?
5. How are the Tock family prepared for the fifth terrible day?
6. What does Punchinello finally agree to do the surgery in return for?
7. How is Jimmy able to overcome his fear and propel himself into action?
8. What does the doorbell reveal?
9. What birth defect does Jimmy inquire about that reduces Punchinello to tears and why does it?
10. What details must Jimmy attend to when they get to the hospital?
This section contains 1,131 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)