|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Lorrie's water breaks?
(a) Jimmy is called to the phone.
(b) Jimmy cries.
(c) Jimmy talks to Konrad.
(d) Jimmy loses consciousness.
2. When is Lucy Jean born?
(a) Two years after Annie.
(b) Twenty months after Annie.
(c) Eighteen months after Annie.
(d) Fourteen months after Annie.
3. How did Beezo intend to get Lorrie up the hill?
(a) On a sled.
(b) Dragging her by her parka.
(c) Driving her back up.
(d) In a sling made of seat belts.
4. What is her ailment?
(a) Cancer of the liver.
(b) Cancer of the pancreas.
(c) Cancer of the kidneys.
(d) Lung cancer.
5. What happens the reveals the real source of the terrible fourth day?
(a) Punch backs out at the last moment.
(b) Rowena dies in her sleep.
(c) Lucy is kidnapped.
(d) Annie doesn't make it till surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jimmy finally stop Beezo?
2. Where is Jimmy hit?
3. How does he break the window?
4. How old is Annie?
5. After setting their home on fire, what conditions does Konrad promise to return under?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Captain Huey Foster give Jimmy when he calls him out of the delivery room?
2. How does Jimmy finally overcome Beezo?
3. What prompts Charlene to give one of the twins to Rudy and Madelaine in place of the child they had that was stillborn?
4. What does the doorbell reveal?
5. Why does Punchinello sometimes wonder if he's real?
6. How is Jimmy able to overcome his fear and propel himself into action?
7. What birth defect does Jimmy inquire about that reduces Punchinello to tears and why does it?
8. What window into Punch's reality does he open for Jimmy to see?
9. What details must Jimmy attend to when they get to the hospital?
10. How does Punchinello first respond to the request for a kidney for Annie?
This section contains 1,136 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)