|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Konrad assure Lorrie of?
(a) Jimmy is dead.
(b) He will win.
(c) He will not hurt her.
(d) It is her fault.
2. What is the medical reason Jimmy and Lorrie go to see Punch?
3. What do Lorrie and Jimmy intend to do?
(a) Watch the circus.
(b) Get tickets for the kids.
(c) Return the money.
(d) Kill Virgilio as promised.
4. What is her ailment?
(a) Cancer of the kidneys.
(b) Cancer of the liver.
(c) Lung cancer.
(d) Cancer of the pancreas.
5. How does Jimmy finally stop Beezo?
(a) He shoots him in the neck.
(b) He strangles him.
(c) He shoots him in the head.
(d) He throws him down the stairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy try to give Jimmy?
2. What fear do Annie and Lucy share?
3. When is the third terrible day predicted by Josef Tock?
4. What does Punch really want from Jimmy in return?
5. After setting their home on fire, what conditions does Konrad promise to return under?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prompts Charlene to give one of the twins to Rudy and Madelaine in place of the child they had that was stillborn?
2. What news does Captain Huey Foster give Jimmy when he calls him out of the delivery room?
3. What does Jimmy begin by explaining now?
4. After Jimmy's family arrives, and police deputies are standing guard, what phone call does Jimmy get?
5. How does Punchinello first respond to the request for a kidney for Annie?
6. What details must Jimmy attend to when they get to the hospital?
7. What does the doorbell reveal?
8. How does Beezo manage to so completely fool Lorrie and Jimmy?
9. How does Jimmy keep his children from coming down stairs?
10. How is Jimmy able to overcome his fear and propel himself into action?
This section contains 1,126 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)