|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jimmy do to Konrad to subdue him?
(a) Hits him with a thick branch.
(b) Hits him twice with a rock.
(c) Sprays him with pepper spray.
(d) Shoots him.
2. What secret does Jimmy reveal to Punch?
(a) That they are brothers.
(b) That he is remorseful.
(c) That their parents were switched.
(d) That he is his uncle.
3. What degree has Punchinello earned from prison?
(a) Correspondence degree in politics.
(b) Correspondence degree in law.
(c) Correspondence degree in medicine.
(d) Correspondence degree in science.
4. What does Jimmy begin by revealing?
(a) His plan of retreat.
(b) The reasons he wrote this book.
(c) His fear of the day to come.
(d) The way he feels about the five days.
5. Why does Jimmy go back to Punchinello after they had left?
(a) He wants to ask him one more time.
(b) He thought he could still succeed.
(c) They forgot Annie's photograph.
(d) He couldn't give up.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the third terrible day predicted by Josef Tock?
2. What does Punchinello admit to Lorrie and Jimmy?
3. What is the third child born to Jimmy and Lorrie and when?
4. When the doorbell rings on the fifth terrible day, who is standing there?
5. How did Konrad use Sydactyly to torment Virgilio?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vivacemente reveal that he wants and why?
2. What does Lorrie do that takes Beezo by surprise?
3. After Jimmy's family arrives, and police deputies are standing guard, what phone call does Jimmy get?
4. What gives Jimmy's position away when he is waiting for the gunman to pass, and why is that fortuitous?
5. What is so significant about the gunman's identity?
6. How does Jimmy finally overcome Beezo?
7. What precautions does Jimmy take when they leave the hospital with their new daughter, Annie?
8. What does the doorbell reveal?
9. What prompts Charlene to give one of the twins to Rudy and Madelaine in place of the child they had that was stillborn?
10. What fills Jimmy with a sense of foreboding?
This section contains 1,138 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)