|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What talent does Punch admit he doesn't have?
(a) Talent to be a clown.
(b) Talent as a writer.
(c) Compassionate ability.
(d) Aerial talent.
2. What is solipsism?
(a) A tic that presents itself verbally.
(b) The belief in self as the only reality.
(c) A speech impediment.
(d) A type of infection.
3. What do Jimmy and Lorrie immediately realize?
(a) Virgilio has no sense of humor.
(b) Virgilio is evil.
(c) Virgilio is crazy.
(d) Virgilio is benign.
4. Why is Jimmy relieved?
(a) Lorrie will survive.
(b) Lorrie and all three children are fine.
(c) Beezo is dead.
(d) The children are unharmed.
5. After a month passes, what comes up that they see as an omen?
(a) They win a trip to Hawaii.
(b) The house next to their parents comes up for sale.
(c) The insurance money is enough to buy Nedra's home.
(d) They find a trailer to live in on their parents property.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many deputies show up at the hospital to guard against Konrad?
2. What degree has Punchinello earned from prison?
3. What is the medical reason Jimmy and Lorrie go to see Punch?
4. Who does the agent tell them they have arrested?
5. What fear does Andy develop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is so significant about the gunman's identity?
2. What does Jimmy begin by explaining now?
3. How does Jimmy keep his children from coming down stairs?
4. What news does Captain Huey Foster give Jimmy when he calls him out of the delivery room?
5. How does Punchinello first respond to the request for a kidney for Annie?
6. What fills Jimmy with a sense of foreboding?
7. What prompts Charlene to give one of the twins to Rudy and Madelaine in place of the child they had that was stillborn?
8. What birth defect does Jimmy inquire about that reduces Punchinello to tears and why does it?
9. What precautions does Jimmy take when they leave the hospital with their new daughter, Annie?
10. How does Jimmy finally overcome Beezo?
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)