|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lorrie tell him on the phone?
(a) That she is in love with someone else.
(b) That she loves his family.
(c) That she is sorry she left.
(d) That she is moving away.
2. What does Jimmy not tell Lorrie about the night of his birth?
(a) His father's reactions.
(b) His theory of evil.
(c) Grandpa Josef's predictions.
(d) His mother's account.
3. How was the widow Jeeter killed?
(a) From shock.
(b) By a toppled bell tower.
(c) From a gunshot.
(d) From poison.
4. What does Jimmy buy in preparation of the second of Grandpa Josef's terrible day predictions?
(a) A guard dog.
(b) A burglar alarm.
(c) Pepper spray.
(d) A 9mm pistol.
5. How does Jimmy define insanity and evil?
(a) Insanity and evil are interchangeable.
(b) Insanity is born of a lack of ability to appreciate evil.
(c) Insanity is evil and evil is madness.
(d) Insanity is not evil but all evil is insane.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time is left before the bombs go off when Jimmy begins loading?
2. Why does Lorrie think Crinkles is the weakest link?
3. Where is Jimmy born?
4. When were Lorrie and Jimmy married?
5. Where does Jimmy go for his first errand?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jimmy's biggest problem around Lorrie?
2. What makes Jimmy decide to use the nail file on Punchinello?
3. What dream did Punch have that he claims Virgilio refused to help him realize?
4. What things does Jimmy reveal about himself to Lorrie before he proposes?
5. What is the purpose of the tunnel and who built it?
6. What is the most significant curiosity regarding Jimmy's family's relationship to food?
7. What makes Jimmy nervous about the addition of Crinkles to the situation?
8. Who arrives while they are talking to the killer and why does that buoy his spirits?
9. How do most residents in Snow Village make their living?
10. How does Lorrie's demeanor help the situation that she and Jimmy find themselves in?
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)