|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Megan's minister at her church?
2. In Chapter 3, how old is a young man's child, whose wife is pregnant?
3. How long has Miranda's mother been crying by the end of Chapter 3?
4. On June 22, how often does Miranda's father say that he tries to call them?
5. On June 3, which of Miranda's grades is dragged down by tests?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Peter think that Miranda should stop swimming in Chapter 8?
2. What does Miranda think about her father's wife Lisa?
3. What does Miranda learn when her father calls in Chapter 1?
4. In Chapter 9, what reasons does Miranda's mom give her that show how lucky the family is?
5. What news does Miranda's father have on June 11?
6. What do Miranda and Dan share about their grandparents in Chapter 6?
7. What does Miranda learn about grades at school on June 2?
8. What happens when a thunderstorm begins on May 19?
9. What does the moon look like after it is hit by the asteroid?
10. Why does Peter tell Miranda's family to start using mosquito spray on June 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Miranda feels like she is shrinking as her world shrinks. What does Miranda think she is becoming as the world gets smaller? In what ways is being a rock a positive and a negative thing for Miranda? How does that affect her desire to live?
Essay Topic 2
Miranda and her mother have their ups and down as the crisis continues. What type of relationship does Miranda have with her mother at the beginning of the novel, and how do circumstances affect their relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Keeping a journal is important for Miranda. Why does she keep a journal, and what does it reveal about her view of the future?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)