|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, when will school close for the year?
2. How much older is Matt than Miranda?
3. In Chapter 5, when is school planned to reopen?
4. How warm does it get on August 10?
5. In Chapter 4, when does Matt intend to be back home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Miranda's father have on June 11?
2. What does the NBC anchorman report about the damage that happened after the mood was hit by the asteroid?
3. How are conditions changing on July 10?
4. Why is it good for Jonny to go to baseball camp?
5. What was the school day like for Miranda on May 18?
6. On May 21, what does the president say about the situation since the asteroid hit?
7. What does the moon look like after it is hit by the asteroid?
8. What do Miranda and Dan share about their grandparents in Chapter 6?
9. Who is Brandon Erlich?
10. What happens when a thunderstorm begins on May 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Survival is a major theme in the novel. What types of things do people have to survive, and how does the struggle to survive bring out the best and the worst in people?
Essay Topic 2
The crises cause external and internal conflicts for the characters in the novel. How does conflict affect the various characters, and do characters struggle more with external or internal conflicts? Which type of conflicts seem to be most difficult to deal with?
Essay Topic 3
The mood in the novel changes from positive to negative. What is the overall mood in the novel? How does that affect the plot?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)