|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 17, when Miranda and Jonny put out containers to catch the snow, how much snow is in the bottom of the garbage can by the time they finish setting out containers?
(a) 1/2 an inch.
(b) An inch.
(c) 3/4 of an inch.
(d) 2 inches.
2. What does Miranda find at Mrs. Nesbitt's that she hopes to give Jonny for Christmas?
(a) Baseball glove.
(b) Baseball cards.
(c) Baseball bat.
3. When does Miranda go back to school in Chapter 11?
(a) August 31.
(b) August 30.
(c) September 1.
(d) September 2.
4. In Chapter 19, how many people does a nurse say were at the hospital last week?
(b) 100, maybe more.
(d) About 150.
5. How much older is Miranda than Jonny?
(a) 1 1/2 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 2 1/2 years.
(d) 3 1/2 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Peter come by in Chapter 15?
2. On January 11, how often does Miranda give her families cold remedies and a sponge bath?
3. What is the temperature on October 13?
4. When is the last day that the library will be open due to not having heat?
5. What time of the day does Matt go to the post office on Fridays in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miranda wear and have to try to stay warm on September 6?
2. What does Miranda's family have to eat for Matt's birthday dinner?
3. Why does Miranda decide to have her mother cut her hair in Chapter 14?
4. Why does Mr. Mortensen come to Miranda's house in Chapter 18?
5. What happens when Miranda eats food from the pantry?
6. What does Peter say about Miranda's mother's injury?
7. How does Miranda describe finding Mrs. Nesbitt when she dies in Chapter 16?
8. What wakes Miranda and her family on February 22?
9. On October 26, what does Miranda say about chores she has to do?
10. What plans does Mrs. Nesbitt want Miranda to follow when Mrs. Nesbitt dies?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)