|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of the nurses left in the hospital in Chapter 19?
(a) Debbie and Lindsay.
(b) Maggie and Linda.
(c) Anna and Rachel.
(d) Wendy and Mandy.
2. What does Miranda's family have to eat in Chapter 17 after Matt gets back from the post office?
(a) Pasta with creamed soup.
(b) Soup and oatmeal.
(c) Soup and macaroni with marinara sauce.
(d) Macaroni and tuna.
3. What time does Miranda get up at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) 11 a.m.
(c) 10 a.m.
4. On February 15, how many steps is Matt able to walk up?
5. On December 4, how high are some of the snow drifts?
(a) 4 feet.
(b) 5 feet.
(c) 3 feet.
(d) 2 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miranda's family have to eat on September 8?
2. What does Miranda burn in Chapter 19?
3. How many shovels does Miranda's family find in the garage in Chapter 17?
4. In Chapter 17, when Miranda and Jonny put out containers to catch the snow, how much snow is in the bottom of the garbage can by the time they finish setting out containers?
5. What is the date at the beginning of Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. On December 7, when are the only times that anyone from the family gets outside?
2. What plans does Mrs. Nesbitt want Miranda to follow when Mrs. Nesbitt dies?
3. Where was Brandon Erlich when the asteroid hit and how did he get home?
4. On October 28, what does Peter say about Miranda's mother's ankle when she trips a second time?
5. What does Miranda wear and have to try to stay warm on September 6?
6. What do Miranda and Jonny do when Matt takes so long to come back from the post office in Chapter 17?
7. What does Miranda's family have for Christmas dinner?
8. Why does Miranda decide to homeschool?
9. What is happening with the library and the librarian on October 3?
10. What encouragement does Miranda's mom give Miranda on September 19?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)