|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What eroded the sense of security for people in the 1950s?
2. Where did Bryson's grandparents go nearly every night in the summer?
3. What was the minimum age for admittance into the venue in #148 when Bryson was 13?
4. Even though the year in #157 was a happy one, who was still excluded from many places in America?
5. Which of the following did Bryson always forget to bring to school?
Essay Topic 1
One of the most striking characteristics of Bryson's writing is his complete honesty. Explain why this is necessary to complete a book of this nature. Would a reader be able to see through fabrications and falsehoods in a book like this? Describe why this format is the perfect for Bryson's personality.
Essay Topic 2
There are several events of foreshadowing in the stories. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the stories that serve as foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Why did Bryson choose to use the first person perspective for the stories? What does this point of view entail? What do you know about the characters and the plot lines that you would not know from a different point of view? What do you NOT know about the characters and plot lines based on this point of view?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)