|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bryson and his friends do at the venue in #149?
2. Discoveries about his parents' successes made Bryson revise the story of _____________.
3. At what age did Bryson start the job in #109?
4. What did Bryson discover about his mother from her college days?
5. What was Bryson's parents' response to the Cuban Missile Crisis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Bryson's childhood growing up in Des Moines, Iowa, in the 1950s. What was his family life like? Who were his friends? What were his school experiences? How did these people and experiences form him into the adult he became?
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Bryson's parents. What were their physical characteristics? What were their motivations? What were their fears? What were their dreams? What else can you say about Bryson's parents?
Essay Topic 3
Bryson is masterful at crafting literary descriptions for his readers. Choose a paragraph from the book which you find especially descriptive. How do you think Bryson was able to craft it the way he did? What is so appealing to you about the passage? Explain.
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)