Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the students supposed to go during the exercise in #107?
2. How old was Bryson when he broke the body part in #133?
3. What was the name of Bryson's elementary school?
4. Why did Bryson and his friends play inside most of the time?
5. What college did Bryson attend for a short time?
Essay Topic 1
Create a "character" sketch of the city of Des Moines. What personality shines through for you for this city? Did Bryson make you want to learn more and perhaps visit one day? What would you most like to see? What is the one fact or interesting feature that you can recall about Des Moines? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Bill Bryson. What are his physical characteristics? What are his personality traits? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What else can you say about Bryson?
Essay Topic 3
What is the point of view of this book? Why did Bryson use this point of view? Is it the only way the book could have realistically been written? How else could Bryson have used point of view to alter the rhythm of the book? Explain.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)