|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item at school did Bryson like for its intoxicating scent?
2. What kind of car did Bryson's father buy?
3. What nationality was the doctor who Bryson's parents took him to?
4. Discoveries about his parents' successes made Bryson revise the story of _____________.
5. Research in the late 1950s indicated that ___________ caused cancer.
Essay Topic 1
Bryson had respect for all of the people in the book but do you think he likes any one of them more than the others? Who would you choose to be your new friend among the people Bryson introduced in the book. Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Explain some of the examples of regionalism found in the book. Can regionalism include more than accents and food? What else encompasses the culture and personality of a region?
Essay Topic 3
There are several events of foreshadowing in the stories. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the stories that serve as foreshadowing.
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)