|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bryson's mother serve at every meal even though Bryson did not like it?
2. About what decade of American life did Bryson write in this book?
3. America was at war with ____________ when Bryson was born.
4. Who was Bryson's sister?
5. What disease was a major concern during the 1950s?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the albino Lincoln Logs experience.
2. What were the results of the hydrogen bombs dropped by the United States in 1952 and 1954?
3. What was the only real danger in town and how did the Thunderbolt Kid take care of the situation?
4. Describe a typical experience of Bryson's family stopping to see his mother's family every time they went on vacation.
5. What behaviors did teenagers exhibit in the 1950s?
6. How many siblings did Bryson have?
7. What businesses came about as the result of more cars in America?
8. How did the Thunderbolt Kid get his powers and what were the circumstances of the Thunderbolt Kid getting his costume?
9. How did Bryson get some insight into sex?
10. Who was The Thunderbolt Kid?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are several events of foreshadowing in the stories. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the stories that serve as foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Bryson's parents. What were their physical characteristics? What were their motivations? What were their fears? What were their dreams? What else can you say about Bryson's parents?
Essay Topic 3
Bryson had respect for all of the people in the book but do you think he likes any one of them more than the others? Who would you choose to be your new friend among the people Bryson introduced in the book. Explain.
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)