|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was the Cuban Missile Crisis?
2. Discoveries about his parents' successes made Bryson revise the story of _____________.
(a) their courtship.
(b) his school days.
(c) his parentage.
(d) his achievements.
3. What college did Bryson attend for a short time?
(a) University of Minnesota.
(b) Drake University.
(c) San Diego State.
(d) Notre Dame University.
4. Where did the Brysons spend a night in a cheap hotel?
5. Who was the transfer student who was drunk often at the age of 14?
(a) Mike Pitsenbarger.
(b) Jeff Andrews.
(c) Eugene Milford.
(d) Stephen Katz.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bryson say about the Des Moines of his youth?
2. Who launched the first satellite into space?
3. What subject did Bryson especially like?
4. Which of the following did Bryson always forget to bring to school?
5. What was the name of the dog that harassed Bryson?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scenario of sleeping on his grandparents' sleeping porch in the winter.
2. What did the adult Bryson recall about what happened to his parents and friends?
3. Who was Dewey and how did he impact Bryson's job?
4. What changes were occurring in Des Moines as the 1950s came to a close?
5. What was Bryson's job as a boy and how did his absentmindedness become a liability?
6. What happened to The Thunderbolt Kid's sacred jersey?
7. What did the adult Bryson recall about the Des Moines of his youth?
8. What were Bryson's favorite books in school and why did he like them?
9. What were some of the unpleasant issues Americans faced in 1957 even though the Gallup organization claimed it was a very happy year?
10. What was Bryson's elementary school and what were some of the features that made it so nice?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)