|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color was the barn on Bryson's grandparents' farm?
2. What was the name of the junior high Bryson attended?
(a) Mont Verde Junior High School.
(b) Andrew Jackson Junior High School.
(c) Callanan Junior High School.
(d) Green Meadows Junior High School.
3. At whose house was Bryson playing when he broke the body part in #133?
(a) Arthur Bergen's.
(b) Buddy Miller's.
(c) Eddie Corcoran's.
(d) Duke Collins'.
4. The bedroom of the person in #152 looked like a _____________.
5. What happened to the Thunderbolt Kid's sacred jersey?
(a) It went through the bleach cycle.
(b) It got paint spots on it.
(c) It was ripped in a fight.
(d) It was thrown out by Bryson's parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the broken down amusement park?
2. What supermarket remained from Bryson's youth?
3. In what year did the Thunderbolt Kid's sacred jersey meet its fate?
4. What did Bryson love about the town in #122?
5. Where were the students supposed to go during the exercise in #107?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Bryson's favorite books in school and why did he like them?
2. What was Bryson's job as a boy and how did his absentmindedness become a liability?
3. Who was Dewey and how did he impact Bryson's job?
4. What did Bryson and his friends do when they went to the movie matinees?
5. Where did Bryson's grandparents live and what did he love about the place?
6. For what was Bryson most notorious in high school and what did he do after graduation?
7. What happened to The Thunderbolt Kid's sacred jersey?
8. What was Bryson's elementary school and what were some of the features that made it so nice?
9. What were some of the unpleasant issues Americans faced in 1957 even though the Gallup organization claimed it was a very happy year?
10. What did Bryson buy with his newspaper route money and what other interest did he develop at this time?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)