|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Bryson always forget to bring to school?
(a) His signed report card.
(b) Valentine's cards for the class.
(c) His homework assignment.
(d) His lunch.
2. What kind of tree grew in the backyard of Bryson's grandparents' farm?
3. What was the happiest year on record according to the Gallup Organization?
4. What weather condition was a threat to the area?
5. How old was Bryson when he broke the body part in #133?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which friend joined the military and died during the first Gulf War?
2. What was the coldest part of Bryson's grandparents' house?
3. What did Bryson discover about his mother from her college days?
4. Bryson wrote about which relatives in Chapter 10?
5. What killed the elm trees in Des Moines at the end of the 1950s?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Audio Visual Club and why the boys were anxious to join.
2. Where did Bryson's grandparents live and what did he love about the place?
3. Describe the situation in which Bryson realized he could not trust adults.
4. What was Bryson's job as a boy and how did his absentmindedness become a liability?
5. What did Bryson learn about his parents that pleased him and how did this change his views of his real parentage?
6. For what was Bryson most notorious in high school and what did he do after graduation?
7. What were Bryson's favorite books in school and why did he like them?
8. What were the weather extremes in Winfield?
9. What was the recovery process for Bryson's broken leg?
10. What did Bryson usually do when he spent time at his grandparents' home?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)