|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Bryson's father die?
2. Why were all the students so sleepy in school?
(a) They had to get up too early.
(b) It was too hot inside.
(c) They ate big lunches.
(d) It was really boring.
3. What did Bryson buy with the money from his job?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A tent.
(c) A set of golf clubs.
(d) A portable TV.
4. What did Bryson and other boys especially look forward to at the venue in #147?
(a) The shooting gallery.
(b) The horse races.
(c) The strippers' tent.
(d) The dunk 'em booth.
5. Research in the late 1950s indicated that ___________ caused cancer.
(a) paint thinner.
(b) exhaust fumes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the end of the dog in #114?
2. What did Bryson love about the town in #122?
3. Which of the following did Bryson always forget to bring to school?
4. What university did Bryson's mother attend?
5. Where did Bryson's grandparents go nearly every night in the summer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scenario of sleeping on his grandparents' sleeping porch in the winter.
2. What was the recovery process for Bryson's broken leg?
3. Describe the Audio Visual Club and why the boys were anxious to join.
4. What was Bryson's job as a boy and how did his absentmindedness become a liability?
5. What happened to The Thunderbolt Kid's sacred jersey?
6. What were Bryson's favorite books in school and why did he like them?
7. Where did Bryson's grandparents live and what did he love about the place?
8. What did Bryson usually do when he spent time at his grandparents' home?
9. What did Bryson and his friends do when they went to the movie matinees?
10. What was the irony of sending Bryson to the cloakroom as a punishment?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)