|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Bryson's grandparents go nearly every night in the summer?
(a) Potluck dinners.
(b) Drive-in movie.
(c) Ice cream shop.
(d) VFW hall.
2. In what year did the Thunderbolt Kid's sacred jersey meet its fate?
3. Where did the Brysons spend a night in a cheap hotel?
4. What was the minimum age for admittance into the venue in #148 when Bryson was 13?
5. Which friend got Bryson into the strippers' tent?
(a) Milton Milton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What exercise was held at the school each month?
2. What did Bryson's grandparents do in their house on winter nights?
3. Who was the friend who introduced Bryson to the finer things in life?
4. At whose house was Bryson playing when he broke the body part in #133?
5. What weather condition was a threat to the area?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Bryson's elementary school and what were some of the features that made it so nice?
2. Who was Dewey and how did he impact Bryson's job?
3. For what was Bryson most notorious in high school and what did he do after graduation?
4. What was Bryson's opinion of staying in Des Moines versus moving to a bigger city?
5. Describe the Audio Visual Club and why the boys were anxious to join.
6. What were the weather extremes in Winfield?
7. What did the adult Bryson recall about what happened to his parents and friends?
8. What was Bryson's job as a boy and how did his absentmindedness become a liability?
9. What did Bryson and his friends do when they went to the movie matinees?
10. Describe the events surrounding Bryson's finally getting into the strippers' tent at the state fair.
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)