|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What killed the elm trees in Des Moines at the end of the 1950s?
(c) Dutch elm disease.
2. What was the name of the dog that harassed Bryson?
3. What time did Bryson have to get to work on Sundays?
(d) Before dawn.
4. Bryson wrote about which relatives in Chapter 10?
5. Where did Bryson's mother move after her husband died?
(a) A smaller house.
(b) An apartment.
(c) Her daughter's house.
(d) A retirement community.
Short Answer Questions
1. None of the rides at the amusement park in #145 had ____________.
2. What did Bryson have to do three nights a week for his job?
3. Where did the Bryson family go in the new vehicle?
4. In what year was the Cuban Missile Crisis?
5. Why were all the students so sleepy in school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to The Thunderbolt Kid's sacred jersey?
2. What did Bryson and his friends do when they went to the movie matinees?
3. What were the circumstances when, for the second time, Bryson realized that adults could not be trusted?
4. What was the irony of sending Bryson to the cloakroom as a punishment?
5. What were some of the unpleasant issues Americans faced in 1957 even though the Gallup organization claimed it was a very happy year?
6. For what was Bryson most notorious in high school and what did he do after graduation?
7. The Iowa State Fair had many attractions but what did boys hope to see the most?
8. Describe the scenario of sleeping on his grandparents' sleeping porch in the winter.
9. What did Bryson learn about his parents that pleased him and how did this change his views of his real parentage?
10. Describe the Audio Visual Club and why the boys were anxious to join.
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)