|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which friend joined the military and died during the first Gulf War?
(a) Doug Willoughby.
(b) Milton Milton.
(c) Stephen Katz.
(d) Jed Mattes.
2. What was the coldest part of Bryson's grandparents' house?
(a) The attic.
(b) The sleeping porch.
(c) The cellar.
(d) The kitchen.
3. What university did Bryson's mother attend?
(a) Iowa State.
4. How old was Bryson when he broke the body part in #133?
5. In what year did the first shopping mall open in Des Moines?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the end of the dog in #114?
2. What did Bryson's grandparents do in their house on winter nights?
3. What college did Bryson attend for a short time?
4. What was the happiest year on record according to the Gallup Organization?
5. Why did Bryson and his friends play inside most of the time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the situation in which Bryson realized he could not trust adults.
2. What was the recovery process for Bryson's broken leg?
3. What was Bryson's elementary school and what were some of the features that made it so nice?
4. Describe the scenario of sleeping on his grandparents' sleeping porch in the winter.
5. Where did Bryson's grandparents live and what did he love about the place?
6. What happened to The Thunderbolt Kid's sacred jersey?
7. The Iowa State Fair had many attractions but what did boys hope to see the most?
8. How did the Bryson family end up staying in a hotel in Harlem?
9. What were some of the unpleasant issues Americans faced in 1957 even though the Gallup organization claimed it was a very happy year?
10. What did Bryson usually do when he spent time at his grandparents' home?
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)