|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game did the person in #152 introduce Bryson to?
(a) Match fighting.
(c) Pac Man.
(d) Red Rover.
2. Where did Bryson's mother move after her husband died?
(a) Her daughter's house.
(b) A retirement community.
(c) An apartment.
(d) A smaller house.
3. Where did Bryson and his friends have fun most of the year?
(a) Horse track.
(b) Swimming pool.
(c) Go-kart park.
(d) Movie theater.
4. What body part did Bryson break?
5. What did Bryson and other boys especially look forward to at the venue in #147?
(a) The shooting gallery.
(b) The horse races.
(c) The dunk 'em booth.
(d) The strippers' tent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What topic did Bryson's father talk to the family about periodically?
2. What did Bryson decide that he liked better than the item in #116?
3. What were Bryson's favorite books?
4. Why did Bryson and his friends play inside most of the time?
5. What entertainment venue did Bryson really enjoy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the weather extremes in Winfield?
2. What was the irony of sending Bryson to the cloakroom as a punishment?
3. For what was Bryson most notorious in high school and what did he do after graduation?
4. Where did Bryson's grandparents live and what did he love about the place?
5. What did the adult Bryson recall about what happened to his parents and friends?
6. What did Bryson usually do when he spent time at his grandparents' home?
7. Describe Riverview Amusement Park and why Bryson thought it was so awful.
8. Describe the scenario of sleeping on his grandparents' sleeping porch in the winter.
9. What did the adult Bryson recall about the Des Moines of his youth?
10. How did the very long winter season impact the school children?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)