|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Bryson family go in the new vehicle?
(c) Myrtle Beach.
(d) New York City.
2. What did Bryson and his friends do at the venue in #149?
(a) Took naps.
(b) Had popcorn fights.
(c) Raced cars.
(d) Did belly floppers.
3. What did Bryson threaten to do to Bryson when he saw the amount of absences on his report cards?
(a) Ground him for the rest of his life.
(b) Withhold his allowance.
(c) Take away his comic books.
(d) Send him to a military academy.
4. What did Bryson have to do three nights a week for his job?
(a) Clean tables.
(b) Spray out garbage cans.
(c) Wax floors.
(d) Collect subscription money.
5. What was the end of the dog in #114?
(a) He urinated on new carpet.
(b) He was hit by a car.
(c) He bit a visitor.
(d) He chewed a high heel shoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the friend who introduced Bryson to the finer things in life?
2. What college did Bryson attend for a short time?
3. What did Bryson buy with the money from his job?
4. What did Bryson's grandparents do in their house on winter nights?
5. What type of soda did Bryson get when he went downtown with his grandfather?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bryson usually do when he spent time at his grandparents' home?
2. What did Bryson learn about his parents that pleased him and how did this change his views of his real parentage?
3. Describe Riverview Amusement Park and why Bryson thought it was so awful.
4. For what was Bryson most notorious in high school and what did he do after graduation?
5. What did the adult Bryson recall about what happened to his parents and friends?
6. What were the circumstances when, for the second time, Bryson realized that adults could not be trusted?
7. What did Bryson and his friends do when they went to the movie matinees?
8. What was Bryson's elementary school and what were some of the features that made it so nice?
9. What changes were occurring in Des Moines as the 1950s came to a close?
10. What was Bryson's opinion of staying in Des Moines versus moving to a bigger city?
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)