|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item at school did Bryson like for its intoxicating scent?
(a) Lemon cleanser.
(c) Memeograph paper.
(d) Floor was.
2. What club did Doug Willoughby take over?
(a) The FFA Club.
(b) The 4-H Club.
(c) The Drama Club.
(d) The Audio-Visual Club.
3. What did Bryson and his friends do at the venue in #149?
(a) Raced cars.
(b) Took naps.
(c) Had popcorn fights.
(d) Did belly floppers.
4. Which friend joined the military and died during the first Gulf War?
(a) Jed Mattes.
(b) Milton Milton.
(c) Doug Willoughby.
(d) Stephen Katz.
5. What did Bryson say about the Des Moines of his youth?
(a) It was really deteriorated.
(b) In most cases, it was no longer there.
(c) It was just the same as it always was.
(d) It has grown so much it was unrecognizable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Discoveries about his parents' successes made Bryson revise the story of _____________.
2. What eroded the sense of security for people in the 1950s?
3. Bryson wrote about which relatives in Chapter 10?
4. What was the happiest year on record according to the Gallup Organization?
5. What kind of tree grew in the backyard of Bryson's grandparents' farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Bryson's job as a boy and how did his absentmindedness become a liability?
2. Where did Bryson's grandparents live and what did he love about the place?
3. What was the irony of sending Bryson to the cloakroom as a punishment?
4. What did Bryson usually do when he spent time at his grandparents' home?
5. What were the circumstances when, for the second time, Bryson realized that adults could not be trusted?
6. What did Bryson buy with his newspaper route money and what other interest did he develop at this time?
7. What did the adult Bryson recall about what happened to his parents and friends?
8. Describe the scenario of sleeping on his grandparents' sleeping porch in the winter.
9. Describe the events surrounding Bryson's finally getting into the strippers' tent at the state fair.
10. What was the recovery process for Bryson's broken leg?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)