|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bryson feel about where he grew up?
(a) He hated it.
(b) He was happy to be in a good city.
(c) He didn't feel one way or the other about it.
(d) He was bored to tears.
2. At what age did Bryson start the job in #109?
3. What was the landscape like in the area where Bryson's grandparents lived?
4. Research in the late 1950s indicated that ___________ caused cancer.
(b) exhaust fumes.
(d) paint thinner.
5. What was the name of Bryson's elementary school?
(a) George Washington Elementary.
(b) Woodland Heights.
(d) The Baker Academy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bryson buy with the money from his job?
2. Why were all the students so sleepy in school?
3. What was the name of the junior high Bryson attended?
4. What did Bryson's grandparents do in their house on winter nights?
5. Where did the Brysons spend a night in a cheap hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Bryson's grandparents live and what did he love about the place?
2. What were the circumstances when, for the second time, Bryson realized that adults could not be trusted?
3. What were Bryson's favorite books in school and why did he like them?
4. What did Bryson buy with his newspaper route money and what other interest did he develop at this time?
5. Describe the Audio Visual Club and why the boys were anxious to join.
6. For what was Bryson most notorious in high school and what did he do after graduation?
7. What did Bryson usually do when he spent time at his grandparents' home?
8. What did Bryson and his friends do when they went to the movie matinees?
9. How did the Bryson family end up staying in a hotel in Harlem?
10. Describe the scenario of sleeping on his grandparents' sleeping porch in the winter.
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)