|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the Thunderbolt Kid's sacred jersey?
(a) It got paint spots on it.
(b) It went through the bleach cycle.
(c) It was ripped in a fight.
(d) It was thrown out by Bryson's parents.
2. What was Bill's reaction after the Cuban Missile Crisis?
(a) He knew his family would be safe.
(b) He wouldn't go out of the house.
(c) He drew comic books.
(d) He never trusted grownups again.
3. What body part did Bryson break?
4. What was the happiest year on record according to the Gallup Organization?
5. What item at school did Bryson like for its intoxicating scent?
(b) Floor was.
(c) Memeograph paper.
(d) Lemon cleanser.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even though the year in #157 was a happy one, who was still excluded from many places in America?
2. Which friend appeared in Bryson's book, A WALK IN THE WOODS?
3. What job did Bryson have during the 1950s and 1960s?
4. Which of the following did Bryson always forget to bring to school?
5. What did Bryson have to do three nights a week for his job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of the unpleasant issues Americans faced in 1957 even though the Gallup organization claimed it was a very happy year?
2. What was the irony of sending Bryson to the cloakroom as a punishment?
3. What were Bryson's favorite books in school and why did he like them?
4. What was the recovery process for Bryson's broken leg?
5. What was Bryson's job as a boy and how did his absentmindedness become a liability?
6. What were the weather extremes in Winfield?
7. Describe the scenario of sleeping on his grandparents' sleeping porch in the winter.
8. Describe Riverview Amusement Park and why Bryson thought it was so awful.
9. What did Bryson usually do when he spent time at his grandparents' home?
10. Where did Bryson's grandparents live and what did he love about the place?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)