|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item at school did Bryson like for its intoxicating scent?
(b) Memeograph paper.
(c) Lemon cleanser.
(d) Floor was.
2. In which town did the people in #121 live?
3. What did Bryson have to do three nights a week for his job?
(a) Wax floors.
(b) Collect subscription money.
(c) Spray out garbage cans.
(d) Clean tables.
4. What happened to the Thunderbolt Kid's sacred jersey?
(a) It got paint spots on it.
(b) It was thrown out by Bryson's parents.
(c) It went through the bleach cycle.
(d) It was ripped in a fight.
5. Who launched the first satellite into space?
(a) The Soviets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What killed the elm trees in Des Moines at the end of the 1950s?
2. Who was the friend who introduced Bryson to the finer things in life?
3. Which friend joined the military and died during the first Gulf War?
4. Discoveries about his parents' successes made Bryson revise the story of _____________.
5. What did Bryson and other boys especially look forward to at the venue in #147?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the events surrounding Bryson's finally getting into the strippers' tent at the state fair.
2. What did the adult Bryson recall about the Des Moines of his youth?
3. Describe the situation in which Bryson realized he could not trust adults.
4. What was Bryson's job as a boy and how did his absentmindedness become a liability?
5. What did Bryson buy with his newspaper route money and what other interest did he develop at this time?
6. Where did Bryson's grandparents live and what did he love about the place?
7. Describe Riverview Amusement Park and why Bryson thought it was so awful.
8. What were Bryson's favorite books in school and why did he like them?
9. What was Bryson's elementary school and what were some of the features that made it so nice?
10. What changes were occurring in Des Moines as the 1950s came to a close?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)