|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the elementary school students eat lunch?
(a) At home.
(b) The auditorium.
(c) The cafeteria.
(d) The junior high building.
2. What was the landscape like in the area where Bryson's grandparents lived?
3. What college did Bryson attend for a short time?
(a) Drake University.
(b) University of Minnesota.
(c) San Diego State.
(d) Notre Dame University.
4. What killed the elm trees in Des Moines at the end of the 1950s?
(c) Dutch elm disease.
5. What topic did Bryson's father talk to the family about periodically?
(a) Moving to a big city.
(b) Saving more money.
(c) Helping out around the house.
(d) Living on a farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Bryson always forget to bring to school?
2. What was the happiest year on record according to the Gallup Organization?
3. What entertainment venue did Bryson really enjoy?
4. Which friend became Bryson's literary agent?
5. Who was the only former member of the club in #164 who was allowed to remain?
Short Essay Questions
1. The Iowa State Fair had many attractions but what did boys hope to see the most?
2. Where did Bryson's grandparents live and what did he love about the place?
3. What did Bryson usually do when he spent time at his grandparents' home?
4. What was Bryson's elementary school and what were some of the features that made it so nice?
5. How did the very long winter season impact the school children?
6. What did Bryson buy with his newspaper route money and what other interest did he develop at this time?
7. What did Bryson and his friends do when they went to the movie matinees?
8. What happened to The Thunderbolt Kid's sacred jersey?
9. What were the weather extremes in Winfield?
10. Who was Dewey and how did he impact Bryson's job?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)