|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Bryson's elementary school?
(a) The Baker Academy.
(b) George Washington Elementary.
(c) Woodland Heights.
2. Where were the students supposed to go during the exercise in #107?
(a) The basement.
(b) Under their desks.
(c) The auditorium.
(d) The cloakroom.
3. What happened to the Thunderbolt Kid's sacred jersey?
(a) It was ripped in a fight.
(b) It went through the bleach cycle.
(c) It got paint spots on it.
(d) It was thrown out by Bryson's parents.
4. What did Bryson threaten to do to Bryson when he saw the amount of absences on his report cards?
(a) Withhold his allowance.
(b) Take away his comic books.
(c) Ground him for the rest of his life.
(d) Send him to a military academy.
5. What kind of car did Bryson's father buy?
(a) VW van.
(c) Station wagon.
(d) Mini van.
Short Answer Questions
1. What club did Doug Willoughby take over?
2. What job did Bryson have during the 1950s and 1960s?
3. What was the name of the broken down amusement park?
4. Research in the late 1950s indicated that ___________ caused cancer.
5. The bedroom of the person in #152 looked like a _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the weather extremes in Winfield?
2. What did Bryson and his friends do when they went to the movie matinees?
3. For what was Bryson most notorious in high school and what did he do after graduation?
4. What did Bryson buy with his newspaper route money and what other interest did he develop at this time?
5. Describe the situation in which Bryson realized he could not trust adults.
6. What was the irony of sending Bryson to the cloakroom as a punishment?
7. Describe Riverview Amusement Park and why Bryson thought it was so awful.
8. Where did Bryson's grandparents live and what did he love about the place?
9. What did Bryson usually do when he spent time at his grandparents' home?
10. What did Bryson learn about his parents that pleased him and how did this change his views of his real parentage?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)