|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What body part did Bryson break?
2. What was the name of Bryson's elementary school?
(a) The Baker Academy.
(c) Woodland Heights.
(d) George Washington Elementary.
3. What did Bryson and his friends do at the venue in #149?
(a) Had popcorn fights.
(b) Did belly floppers.
(c) Took naps.
(d) Raced cars.
4. What college did Bryson attend for a short time?
(a) San Diego State.
(b) Notre Dame University.
(c) Drake University.
(d) University of Minnesota.
5. Who was the only former member of the club in #164 who was allowed to remain?
(c) Milton Milton.
Short Answer Questions
1. At whose house was Bryson playing when he broke the body part in #133?
2. Where was Bryson sent quite a bit as punishment?
3. What did Bryson say about the Des Moines of his youth?
4. Students at the high school became preoccupied with _____________.
5. What was the one constant in the potluck suppers in town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Bryson's favorite books in school and why did he like them?
2. Describe the events surrounding Bryson's finally getting into the strippers' tent at the state fair.
3. What were some of the unpleasant issues Americans faced in 1957 even though the Gallup organization claimed it was a very happy year?
4. Describe the situation in which Bryson realized he could not trust adults.
5. What were the circumstances when, for the second time, Bryson realized that adults could not be trusted?
6. What did Bryson usually do when he spent time at his grandparents' home?
7. Describe the scenario of sleeping on his grandparents' sleeping porch in the winter.
8. How did the very long winter season impact the school children?
9. What was Bryson's elementary school and what were some of the features that made it so nice?
10. What did Bryson learn about his parents that pleased him and how did this change his views of his real parentage?
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)