|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did boys charge other boys for once they discovered them?
(a) Porn magazines.
(b) Risque postcards.
(c) X-rated movies.
(d) Holes in walls where undressed women could be seen.
2. Who was Bryson's brother?
3. What was one of the few things that was really exciting for Bryson?
(a) Comic books.
(b) Camp outs.
(c) Drive-in movies.
(d) Going swimming.
4. What was the name of the cafeteria where the Brysons enjoyed having meals?
5. In what year did the movie in #73 come out?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the radioactive ash from the bomb fall?
2. Who was the girl in Bryson's neighborhood that everyone wanted to see naked?
3. How many children under the age of 12 were living in the mid-1950s in America?
4. What was Bryson's father's job at the publication?
5. In what city did Bryson's mother's relatives live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Bryson's father work and what were some of the perks of the job?
2. What were the results on children of the U.S. bomb testings and what happened when the tests were moved underground?
3. What were some of the appliances that people in the 1950s were excited about owning?
4. Describe the events at the lake and why this was one of the best days of Bryson's life?
5. Describe a typical experience of Bryson's family stopping to see his mother's family every time they went on vacation.
6. How did Bryson describe Des Moines and the area of the city where he lived?
7. How many siblings did Bryson have?
8. What behaviors did teenagers exhibit in the 1950s?
9. What businesses came about as the result of more cars in America?
10. What particular times were especially long for kids?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)