|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was an insect that rose from the ground and could fly up someone's shorts?
(b) Lightning bug.
2. In what year did the movie in #73 come out?
3. What family attraction and vacation spot opened in 1955?
(a) Universal Studios.
(c) Six Flags.
4. What super power did the Thunderbolt Kid use primarily?
(a) X-ray vision.
(b) Ability to shoot lasers from his fingers.
(c) Ability to leap tall buildings.
(d) Ability to fly.
5. Who was a person Bryson got to meet on one of these trips with his father?
(a) Captain Kangaroo.
(b) Ed Sullivan.
(c) Willie Mays.
(d) Lyndon Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the doctor who made a house call to tend to Bryson's head injury?
2. What was one of the few things that was really exciting for Bryson?
3. How did life in the 1950s make people feel?
4. What movie did Bryson's sister decide they needed to see?
5. Where did Bryson get to accompany his father on business-related trips?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Joseph R. McCarthy and what was his role in the fear of Communism that spread across America?
2. What particular times were especially long for kids?
3. What were some of the appliances that people in the 1950s were excited about owning?
4. What was the only real danger in town and how did the Thunderbolt Kid take care of the situation?
5. What were the results on children of the U.S. bomb testings and what happened when the tests were moved underground?
6. What importance did comic books have in the lives of Bryson and most other kids in the 1950s?
7. How many siblings did Bryson have?
8. How did the Thunderbolt Kid get his powers and what were the circumstances of the Thunderbolt Kid getting his costume?
9. What was the ritual Bryson had with his mother every Friday evening?
10. Describe the events at the lake and why this was one of the best days of Bryson's life?
This section contains 1,158 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)