|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What precaution did kids in the 1950s not have to take?
(a) Had cell phones and pagers.
(b) Cupboards were not baby-proofed.
(c) They did not have to come inside when it got dark.
(d) Wore seat belts in the car.
2. Who created the first television dinners?
(b) Marie Callendar's.
(c) Lean Cuisine.
(d) C.A. Swanson.
3. Where did the Brysons visit during their trip to the state in #59?
(a) Universal Studios.
(c) The Empire State Building.
(d) The White House.
4. Who was the Bryson family's dentist?
(a) Dr. D.K. Brewster.
(b) Dr. Cavanaugh.
(c) Dr. Brock.
(d) Dr. E.W. Miller.
5. What publication did most boys need to rely on to seem partially clothed girls?
(a) Mail order catalogs.
(b) Medical supply books.
(d) National Geographic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What family attraction and vacation spot opened in 1955?
2. What was Bryson's father's job at the publication?
3. Who was the friend that Bryson went on the outing with?
4. Who liked to harass smaller children in town?
5. In what month was Bryson born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of the appliances that people in the 1950s were excited about owning?
2. How easy was it for Bryson to find somebody to play with?
3. What particular times were especially long for kids?
4. Who was the one girl that all the neighborhood boys wanted to see naked and how did Bryson miss out on this momentous occasion?
5. What businesses came about as the result of more cars in America?
6. How did the Thunderbolt Kid get his powers and what were the circumstances of the Thunderbolt Kid getting his costume?
7. What is the premise of THE LIFE AND TIMES OF THE THUNDERBOLT KID?
8. How many siblings did Bryson have?
9. Name some of the things that showed that life was simpler and safer in the 1950s.
10. Describe the events at the lake and why this was one of the best days of Bryson's life?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)