|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Bryson hate going to the dentist?
(a) He did not use Novocaine.
(b) He had bad breath.
(c) He was too slow.
(d) He had a mean nurse.
2. Where did the Brysons visit during their trip to the state in #59?
(a) Universal Studios.
(c) The Empire State Building.
(d) The White House.
3. What could take Bryson a whole morning to do on the weekends?
(a) Lacing his shoes properly.
(b) Mowing the lawn.
(c) Sweeping the garage.
(d) Cleaning his room.
4. What did Bryson and his buddies do the girlie magazine's he found in his father's closet?
(a) Wrote balloon captions on them.
(b) Sold them.
(c) Tore out some pages.
(d) Highlighted certain images.
5. What did Bryson, Buddy and Bill do to the Lincoln Logs to turn them white?
(a) Painted them.
(b) Rubbed lemons on them.
(c) Soaked them in bleach.
(d) Urinated on them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the girl in Bryson's neighborhood that everyone wanted to see naked?
2. Bryson recalled a day in August of ____________ when he went on an outing with a friend and his family.
3. In what year was Bryson born?
4. Who did Bryson think his real father must have been?
5. How many children under the age of 12 were living in the mid-1950s in America?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the irony of sending Bryson to the cloakroom as a punishment?
2. How did the Bryson family end up staying in a hotel in Harlem?
3. What particular times were especially long for kids?
4. What were the results of the hydrogen bombs dropped by the United States in 1952 and 1954?
5. What happened to The Thunderbolt Kid's sacred jersey?
6. What changes were occurring in Des Moines as the 1950s came to a close?
7. Describe the events at the lake and why this was one of the best days of Bryson's life?
8. Who was Dewey and how did he impact Bryson's job?
9. Where did Bryson's father work and what were some of the perks of the job?
10. What did Bryson usually do when he spent time at his grandparents' home?
This section contains 1,092 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)