|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What movie did Bryson's sister decide they needed to see?
(a) Peyton Place.
(b) Wild Like the Wind.
(d) From Here to Eternity.
2. Bryson's favorite candies were almost always made of ______________.
3. The hydrogen bomb could have ignited all the ____________ in the world.
(b) carbon dioxide.
4. Where did Bryson and his mother go every Friday?
(a) To vist his grandma.
(b) The grocery.
(c) Dinner and a movie.
(d) The library.
5. Who was a person Bryson got to meet on one of these trips with his father?
(a) Ed Sullivan.
(b) Captain Kangaroo.
(c) Lyndon Johnson.
(d) Willie Mays.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who led a movement in trying to identify the element in #95?
2. What did Bryson keep for years just for the sake of conversation?
3. Who liked to harass smaller children in town?
4. What were Bryson's three uncles called?
5. Why did Bryson hate going to the dentist?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Bryson go with his friend's family on a summer outing and why did he not look forward to it?
2. Who was Joseph R. McCarthy and what was his role in the fear of Communism that spread across America?
3. How did Bryson describe Des Moines and the area of the city where he lived?
4. Name some of the things that showed that life was simpler and safer in the 1950s.
5. What is the premise of THE LIFE AND TIMES OF THE THUNDERBOLT KID?
6. What form of exercise did Bryson's father like to practice and what was an unusual location for his exercise routine?
7. Who was the one girl that all the neighborhood boys wanted to see naked and how did Bryson miss out on this momentous occasion?
8. Describe the events at the lake and why this was one of the best days of Bryson's life?
9. How many siblings did Bryson have?
10. Who was The Thunderbolt Kid?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)