|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Bryson hate going to the dentist?
(a) He was too slow.
(b) He did not use Novocaine.
(c) He had a mean nurse.
(d) He had bad breath.
2. Who created the first television dinners?
(a) C.A. Swanson.
(b) Marie Callendar's.
(d) Lean Cuisine.
3. What was the name of the novelty and joke store Bryson used to frequent?
(c) Star City.
(d) Buzz's Place.
4. What was an insect that rose from the ground and could fly up someone's shorts?
(c) Lightning bug.
5. Where did the radioactive ash from the bomb fall?
(a) Navy ships.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) Pearl Harbor.
(d) Nearby islands.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Bryson injure his head when he was ten-years-old?
2. Who led a movement in trying to identify the element in #95?
3. The hydrogen bomb could have ignited all the ____________ in the world.
4. For what characteristic was Bryson's father known?
5. Who was the doctor who made a house call to tend to Bryson's head injury?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of the regulations about sex in the 1950s?
2. How did television change life for people in the 1950s?
3. Who was the one girl that all the neighborhood boys wanted to see naked and how did Bryson miss out on this momentous occasion?
4. What businesses came about as the result of more cars in America?
5. Who was The Thunderbolt Kid?
6. How did the Thunderbolt Kid get his powers and what were the circumstances of the Thunderbolt Kid getting his costume?
7. What were some of the appliances that people in the 1950s were excited about owning?
8. What was Bryson's notion of how slowly time passed for kids?
9. What were some of the ways that boys could see glimpses of naked women?
10. What other accessories did Bryson need to become the Thunderbolt Kid?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)