|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Brysons spend Christmas of 1960?
(a) New York.
(d) Washington, D.C.
2. Why did Bryson think he would never get to visit the location in #55?
(a) He was too old.
(b) His father was cheap.
(c) It was too far away.
(d) His mother said the rides were not safe.
3. What was Bryson's father's job at the publication?
(a) Sports writer.
(c) Managing editor.
4. What was it about Bryson's Thunderbolt Kid outfit that caused laughter from the other kids?
(a) He wore his underpants over his jeans.
(b) He wore black socks and sandals.
(c) He had orange wings.
(d) He didn't wear any pants.
5. What could take Bryson a whole morning to do on the weekends?
(a) Cleaning his room.
(b) Sweeping the garage.
(c) Lacing his shoes properly.
(d) Mowing the lawn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Bryson hate going to the dentist?
2. What did Bryson and his friends make a little neighborhood kid eat once as an experiment?
3. What was outlawed in almost every state?
4. Where did the radioactive ash from the bomb fall?
5. For what publication did Bryson's father work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the situation in which Bryson realized he could not trust adults.
2. What were some of the ways that boys could see glimpses of naked women?
3. What form of exercise did Bryson's father like to practice and what was an unusual location for his exercise routine?
4. What were the results of the hydrogen bombs dropped by the United States in 1952 and 1954?
5. What behaviors did teenagers exhibit in the 1950s?
6. Who was Dewey and how did he impact Bryson's job?
7. What was the recovery process for Bryson's broken leg?
8. Where did Bryson's father work and what were some of the perks of the job?
9. For what was Bryson most notorious in high school and what did he do after graduation?
10. What did Bryson and his friends do when they went to the movie matinees?
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)