|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where could Bryson sneak a peek at the magazine in #78?
(a) The trunk of the car.
(b) A drawer in the garage.
(c) The pharmacy.
(d) His father's dresser drawer.
2. What did Bryson and his buddies do the girlie magazine's he found in his father's closet?
(a) Wrote balloon captions on them.
(b) Highlighted certain images.
(c) Sold them.
(d) Tore out some pages.
3. Where did the Brysons visit during their trip to the state in #59?
(a) The White House.
(b) Universal Studios.
(c) The Empire State Building.
4. Why did Bryson think that Sunday mornings were too long?
(a) He waited for the TV programs to start.
(b) He had to go to church.
(c) He had to do his paper route.
(d) He wasn't allowed to sleep in.
5. What was Bryson's father's job at the publication?
(c) Sports writer.
(d) Managing editor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bryson's mother serve at every meal even though Bryson did not like it?
2. Where did the Brysons spend Christmas of 1960?
3. What were Bryson's three uncles called?
4. Who did a huge belly flop off the diving board while on the outing?
5. What did boys charge other boys for once they discovered them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What other accessories did Bryson need to become the Thunderbolt Kid?
2. What was Bryson's notion of how slowly time passed for kids?
3. What were some of the regulations about sex in the 1950s?
4. Where did Bryson's father work and what were some of the perks of the job?
5. How many siblings did Bryson have?
6. What behaviors did teenagers exhibit in the 1950s?
7. What is the premise of THE LIFE AND TIMES OF THE THUNDERBOLT KID?
8. What were some of the appliances that people in the 1950s were excited about owning?
9. What businesses came about as the result of more cars in America?
10. What were the results on children of the U.S. bomb testings and what happened when the tests were moved underground?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)