|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What publication did most boys need to rely on to seem partially clothed girls?
(a) Medical supply books.
(c) Mail order catalogs.
(d) National Geographic.
2. Who was Bryson's brother?
3. What did Bryson keep for years just for the sake of conversation?
(a) Comic books.
(b) Knee scars.
(d) Ball cards.
4. Where was a bigger bomb dropped on March 1, 1954?
(a) Bikini atoll.
(b) Pacific Ocean.
5. Where did Bryson and his mother go every Friday?
(a) The library.
(b) The grocery.
(c) Dinner and a movie.
(d) To vist his grandma.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who created the first television dinners?
2. What was the name of the novelty and joke store Bryson used to frequent?
3. What was outlawed in almost every state?
4. Who was the friend that Bryson went on the outing with?
5. The hydrogen bomb could have ignited all the ____________ in the world.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe a typical experience of Bryson's family stopping to see his mother's family every time they went on vacation.
2. What form of exercise did Bryson's father like to practice and what was an unusual location for his exercise routine?
3. What were some of the appliances that people in the 1950s were excited about owning?
4. Who was the one girl that all the neighborhood boys wanted to see naked and how did Bryson miss out on this momentous occasion?
5. What was the only real danger in town and how did the Thunderbolt Kid take care of the situation?
6. How many siblings did Bryson have?
7. What behaviors did teenagers exhibit in the 1950s?
8. Describe the events at the lake and why this was one of the best days of Bryson's life?
9. Who was The Thunderbolt Kid?
10. How easy was it for Bryson to find somebody to play with?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)