|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. America was at war with ____________ when Bryson was born.
2. What were household buying more than one of in the 1950s?
(c) Time Shares.
3. Where did Bryson get to accompany his father on business-related trips?
(a) Major League ballgames.
(c) Business openings.
(d) Printing plants.
4. Who liked to harass smaller children in town?
(a) The Butter boys.
(b) The Rogers boys.
(c) The Miller brothers.
(d) The Knapke twins.
5. Bryson recalled a day in August of ____________ when he went on an outing with a friend and his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who distributed fish tainted from the radioactive ash?
2. Who created the first television dinners?
3. In what ocean is the Eniwetok atoll located?
4. What kind of kit did Bryson get for Christmas one year that was disappointing?
5. What was a popular spot for kids to play in in the 1950s?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Bryson get some insight into sex?
2. What sorts of things did Bryson and other kids do to help pass the long days?
3. What were the results of the hydrogen bombs dropped by the United States in 1952 and 1954?
4. Name some of the things that showed that life was simpler and safer in the 1950s.
5. What form of exercise did Bryson's father like to practice and what was an unusual location for his exercise routine?
6. What behaviors did teenagers exhibit in the 1950s?
7. How did the Thunderbolt Kid get his powers and what were the circumstances of the Thunderbolt Kid getting his costume?
8. What was Bryson's notion of how slowly time passed for kids?
9. Describe the events at the lake and why this was one of the best days of Bryson's life?
10. What were some of the regulations about sex in the 1950s?
This section contains 1,125 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)