|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what characteristic was Bryson's father known?
(a) He was a great dancer.
(b) He was cheap.
(c) He was artistic.
(d) He was a great bowler.
2. Bryson recalled a day in August of ____________ when he went on an outing with a friend and his family.
3. What did Bryson keep for years just for the sake of conversation?
(a) Knee scars.
(c) Ball cards.
(d) Comic books.
4. What was the area set apart in the grocery where kids could read while their parents shopped?
(a) Kiddie Corral.
(b) Little Library.
(c) Little Shoppers.
(d) Tot Shop.
5. Where did Bryson and his mother go for pie after the movies?
(c) Toddle House.
(d) Waffle House.
Short Answer Questions
1. What family attraction and vacation spot opened in 1955?
2. What kind of kit did Bryson get for Christmas one year that was disappointing?
3. What was a household item that people were buying in the 1950s?
4. What did Bryson's mother serve at every meal even though Bryson did not like it?
5. Who was Bryson's brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Bryson's father work and what were some of the perks of the job?
2. What importance did comic books have in the lives of Bryson and most other kids in the 1950s?
3. What were the results of the hydrogen bombs dropped by the United States in 1952 and 1954?
4. How did television change life for people in the 1950s?
5. What businesses came about as the result of more cars in America?
6. How did the Thunderbolt Kid get his powers and what were the circumstances of the Thunderbolt Kid getting his costume?
7. What behaviors did teenagers exhibit in the 1950s?
8. Describe the albino Lincoln Logs experience.
9. What form of exercise did Bryson's father like to practice and what was an unusual location for his exercise routine?
10. What were the results on children of the U.S. bomb testings and what happened when the tests were moved underground?
This section contains 1,067 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)