|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Bryson think his real father must have been?
(a) Green Hornet.
(d) King Volton.
2. Where did the Brysons visit during their trip to the state in #59?
(b) The Empire State Building.
(c) The White House.
(d) Universal Studios.
3. Why did Bryson hate going to the dentist?
(a) He was too slow.
(b) He had bad breath.
(c) He did not use Novocaine.
(d) He had a mean nurse.
4. Where did Bryson get to accompany his father on business-related trips?
(b) Major League ballgames.
(c) Printing plants.
(d) Business openings.
5. Where did the radioactive ash from the bomb fall?
(a) Navy ships.
(b) Nearby islands.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) Pearl Harbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word was not allowed on television in the 1950s?
2. What unusual physical characteristic did Bryson's uncle have?
3. What did Bryson and his friends make a little neighborhood kid eat once as an experiment?
4. What did Bryson keep for years just for the sake of conversation?
5. Where did the Thunderbolt Kid get his powers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the albino Lincoln Logs experience.
2. Name some of the things that showed that life was simpler and safer in the 1950s.
3. What was Bryson's notion of how slowly time passed for kids?
4. What were some of the regulations about sex in the 1950s?
5. How did Bryson get some insight into sex?
6. What was the only real danger in town and how did the Thunderbolt Kid take care of the situation?
7. How many siblings did Bryson have?
8. What form of exercise did Bryson's father like to practice and what was an unusual location for his exercise routine?
9. Where did Bryson go with his friend's family on a summer outing and why did he not look forward to it?
10. What were the results on children of the U.S. bomb testings and what happened when the tests were moved underground?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)