|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the doctor who made a house call to tend to Bryson's head injury?
(a) Dr. Morton.
(b) Dr. Alzheimer.
(c) Dr. Bigelow.
(d) Dr. Kerrigan.
2. What craft looked like fun at first but ended up being messy and frustrating?
(a) Building models.
(b) Creepy Crawlers.
(d) Paint by Numbers.
3. What did the Thunderbolt Kid do to the man who drank out of Bryson's glass at Toddle House?
(a) Pushed him off the stool.
(b) Sent bolts of electricity into his back.
(c) Tripped him and made him fall.
(d) Sent laster beams into his eyes.
4. Who was the Thunderbolt Kid?
(a) Bryson's arch enemy.
(b) Bryson's best friend.
(c) Bryson's brother.
(d) Bryson's alter ego.
5. Bryson recalled a day in August of ____________ when he went on an outing with a friend and his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did life in the 1950s make people feel?
2. What did Bryson's parents tell him his mother was doing when he came upon them having sex one afternoon?
3. In what unusual place did Bryson's father practice his exercise?
4. What did Bryson's mother serve at every meal even though Bryson did not like it?
5. What was the main street of Bryson's hometown?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Bryson go with his friend's family on a summer outing and why did he not look forward to it?
2. What were some of the ways that boys could see glimpses of naked women?
3. What was the only real danger in town and how did the Thunderbolt Kid take care of the situation?
4. What businesses came about as the result of more cars in America?
5. How did Bryson get some insight into sex?
6. Describe the albino Lincoln Logs experience.
7. How did Bryson describe Des Moines and the area of the city where he lived?
8. What particular times were especially long for kids?
9. What was Bryson's notion of how slowly time passed for kids?
10. What were the results of the hydrogen bombs dropped by the United States in 1952 and 1954?
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)