|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What could take Bryson a whole morning to do on the weekends?
(a) Cleaning his room.
(b) Sweeping the garage.
(c) Lacing his shoes properly.
(d) Mowing the lawn.
2. Bryson's favorite candies were almost always made of ______________.
3. What was the name of the cafeteria where the Brysons enjoyed having meals?
4. About what decade of American life did Bryson write in this book?
5. What were Bryson's three uncles called?
(a) The Three Musketeers.
(b) Three Blind Mice.
(c) The Three Stooges.
(d) The Trio of Terror.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the friend that Bryson went on the outing with?
2. What did Bryson's parents tell him his mother was doing when he came upon them having sex one afternoon?
3. What did Bryson and his buddies do the girlie magazine's he found in his father's closet?
4. What did Bryson's mother serve at every meal even though Bryson did not like it?
5. Who was Bryson's brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What particular times were especially long for kids?
2. Who was the one girl that all the neighborhood boys wanted to see naked and how did Bryson miss out on this momentous occasion?
3. What were some of the regulations about sex in the 1950s?
4. How did the Bryson family end up staying in a hotel in Harlem?
5. What were the weather extremes in Winfield?
6. How did television change life for people in the 1950s?
7. What behaviors did teenagers exhibit in the 1950s?
8. What was Bryson's elementary school and what were some of the features that made it so nice?
9. What did the adult Bryson recall about what happened to his parents and friends?
10. Who was Joseph R. McCarthy and what was his role in the fear of Communism that spread across America?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)