|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was another fear for people in the 1950s?
(a) Fuel emissions.
(c) E Coli bacteria.
2. Who was Bryson's sister?
3. What did Bryson and his friends make a little neighborhood kid eat once as an experiment?
(c) Kitty litter.
(d) Red berries in the backyard.
4. What was something that Bryson's mother tended to forget?
(a) The safe combination.
(b) Where she put her keys.
(c) Her kids' birthdays.
(d) Driving directions.
5. What was the repercussion of underground bomb tests?
(b) Destroyed phone lines.
(c) Huge craters.
(d) Sunken mines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Bryson get to accompany his father on business-related trips?
2. Who did a huge belly flop off the diving board while on the outing?
3. What precaution did kids in the 1950s not have to take?
4. What magazine offered men and boys the chance to see naked women?
5. What kind of kit did Bryson get for Christmas one year that was disappointing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the premise of THE LIFE AND TIMES OF THE THUNDERBOLT KID?
2. Describe the albino Lincoln Logs experience.
3. What was Bryson's mother's main personality quirk?
4. What form of exercise did Bryson's father like to practice and what was an unusual location for his exercise routine?
5. Name some of the things that showed that life was simpler and safer in the 1950s.
6. What were the results on children of the U.S. bomb testings and what happened when the tests were moved underground?
7. Who was Joseph R. McCarthy and what was his role in the fear of Communism that spread across America?
8. Describe a typical experience of Bryson's family stopping to see his mother's family every time they went on vacation.
9. Where did Bryson go with his friend's family on a summer outing and why did he not look forward to it?
10. Describe the events at the lake and why this was one of the best days of Bryson's life?
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)