|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Brysons spend Christmas of 1960?
(c) New York.
(d) Washington, D.C.
2. What did Bryson, Buddy and Bill do to the Lincoln Logs to turn them white?
(a) Rubbed lemons on them.
(b) Soaked them in bleach.
(c) Painted them.
(d) Urinated on them.
3. What did Bryson and his buddies do the girlie magazine's he found in his father's closet?
(a) Wrote balloon captions on them.
(b) Sold them.
(c) Highlighted certain images.
(d) Tore out some pages.
4. What were Bryson's three uncles called?
(a) The Three Musketeers.
(b) The Three Stooges.
(c) The Trio of Terror.
(d) Three Blind Mice.
5. What type of exercise did Bryson's father practice?
(d) Weight lifting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did a huge belly flop off the diving board while on the outing?
2. What super power did the Thunderbolt Kid use primarily?
3. What was the area set apart in the grocery where kids could read while their parents shopped?
4. In what year was Bryson born?
5. What movie did Bryson's sister decide they needed to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of the appliances that people in the 1950s were excited about owning?
2. Where did Bryson's father work and what were some of the perks of the job?
3. What other accessories did Bryson need to become the Thunderbolt Kid?
4. Describe a typical experience of Bryson's family stopping to see his mother's family every time they went on vacation.
5. How did Bryson get some insight into sex?
6. What sorts of things did Bryson and other kids do to help pass the long days?
7. What form of exercise did Bryson's father like to practice and what was an unusual location for his exercise routine?
8. What was the only real danger in town and how did the Thunderbolt Kid take care of the situation?
9. How easy was it for Bryson to find somebody to play with?
10. How many siblings did Bryson have?
This section contains 1,053 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)