Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Bryson born?
2. What did Bryson name the green jersey with the golden thunderbolt on the chest?
(a) Sacred Jersey of Zap.
(b) Invisibility cloak.
(c) Bryson's Bolt Brigade.
(d) Zip Zag Zap.
3. About what decade of American life did Bryson write in this book?
4. Where did Bryson grow up?
(a) Bangor, Maine.
(b) Des Moines, Iowa.
(c) Butte, Montana.
(d) Columbus, Ohio.
5. Who was the girl in Bryson's neighborhood that everyone wanted to see naked?
(a) Cheryl Meyers.
(b) Susie MacKenzie.
(c) Mary O'Leary.
(d) Carolyn Westfall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Bryson hate going to the dentist?
2. Who tasted the albino Lincoln Logs?
3. What type of exercise did Bryson's father practice?
4. How did life in the 1950s make people feel?
5. Where did Bryson get to accompany his father on business-related trips?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what was Bryson most notorious in high school and what did he do after graduation?
2. Who was The Thunderbolt Kid?
3. Describe the albino Lincoln Logs experience.
4. How did Bryson describe Des Moines and the area of the city where he lived?
5. Where did Bryson's grandparents live and what did he love about the place?
6. How did the Thunderbolt Kid get his powers and what were the circumstances of the Thunderbolt Kid getting his costume?
7. What form of exercise did Bryson's father like to practice and what was an unusual location for his exercise routine?
8. What was the irony of sending Bryson to the cloakroom as a punishment?
9. What were the circumstances when, for the second time, Bryson realized that adults could not be trusted?
10. How did Bryson get some insight into sex?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)