|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Brysons spend Christmas of 1960?
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) New York.
2. Who was Bryson's brother?
3. America was at war with ____________ when Bryson was born.
4. What was one of the few things that was really exciting for Bryson?
(a) Going swimming.
(b) Camp outs.
(c) Drive-in movies.
(d) Comic books.
5. Where did Bryson and his mother go every Friday?
(a) Dinner and a movie.
(b) To vist his grandma.
(c) The grocery.
(d) The library.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was an insect that rose from the ground and could fly up someone's shorts?
2. Where did Bryson get to accompany his father on business-related trips?
3. What did Bryson and his friends make a little neighborhood kid eat once as an experiment?
4. What type of exercise did Bryson's father practice?
5. Why did Bryson think that Sunday mornings were too long?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sorts of things did Bryson and other kids do to help pass the long days?
2. What was Bryson's notion of how slowly time passed for kids?
3. What was Bryson's mother's main personality quirk?
4. What form of exercise did Bryson's father like to practice and what was an unusual location for his exercise routine?
5. How did television change life for people in the 1950s?
6. What were some of the ways that boys could see glimpses of naked women?
7. How easy was it for Bryson to find somebody to play with?
8. How many siblings did Bryson have?
9. What businesses came about as the result of more cars in America?
10. What were the results on children of the U.S. bomb testings and what happened when the tests were moved underground?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)