|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did boys charge other boys for once they discovered them?
(a) Porn magazines.
(b) X-rated movies.
(c) Holes in walls where undressed women could be seen.
(d) Risque postcards.
2. How did life in the 1950s make people feel?
(a) They lived as if there were no tomorrow.
(b) Danger lurked around every corner.
(c) Everything was good.
(d) They were scared of another war.
3. What craft looked like fun at first but ended up being messy and frustrating?
(a) Creepy Crawlers.
(b) Building models.
(d) Paint by Numbers.
4. Who was Bryson's friend who lived across the alley and had good toys?
(a) Buddy Doberman.
(b) Billy MacKenzie.
(c) Butch Cavanaugh.
(d) Eddie Williams.
5. Why did Bryson think that Sunday mornings were too long?
(a) He wasn't allowed to sleep in.
(b) He had to go to church.
(c) He waited for the TV programs to start.
(d) He had to do his paper route.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Bryson born?
2. In what city did Bryson's mother's relatives live?
3. How many children under the age of 12 were living in the mid-1950s in America?
4. Where did Bryson go on the outing with his friend and his family?
5. Where did Bryson like to accompany his father because there was always the chance of injury for excitement?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Bryson's mother's main personality quirk?
2. What was the ritual Bryson had with his mother every Friday evening?
3. Where did Bryson go with his friend's family on a summer outing and why did he not look forward to it?
4. Describe the albino Lincoln Logs experience.
5. How easy was it for Bryson to find somebody to play with?
6. What behaviors did teenagers exhibit in the 1950s?
7. How did television change life for people in the 1950s?
8. What were some of the regulations about sex in the 1950s?
9. Describe the events at the lake and why this was one of the best days of Bryson's life?
10. What were the results of the hydrogen bombs dropped by the United States in 1952 and 1954?
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)