|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the junior high Bryson attended?
(a) Green Meadows Junior High School.
(b) Callanan Junior High School.
(c) Mont Verde Junior High School.
(d) Andrew Jackson Junior High School.
2. In what year did the Thunderbolt Kid's sacred jersey meet its fate?
3. Who was the friend who introduced Bryson to the finer things in life?
(a) Jed Mattes.
(b) James Hall.
(c) Jeremy Miller.
(d) Jared Clark.
4. What was the happiest year on record according to the Gallup Organization?
5. What was the minimum age for admittance into the venue in #148 when Bryson was 13?
6. What kind of car did Bryson's father buy?
(a) Mini van.
(b) VW van.
(d) Station wagon.
7. What subject did Bryson especially like?
8. What did Bryson love about the town in #122?
(b) Ice cream shop.
(c) Swimming pool.
(d) Main Street.
9. What eroded the sense of security for people in the 1950s?
(a) Soviet long range missiles.
(b) The Great Depression.
(d) The Vietnam War.
10. Discoveries about his parents' successes made Bryson revise the story of _____________.
(a) his parentage.
(b) his achievements.
(c) their courtship.
(d) his school days.
11. Where did Bryson and his friends have fun most of the year?
(a) Horse track.
(b) Go-kart park.
(c) Movie theater.
(d) Swimming pool.
12. None of the rides at the amusement park in #145 had ____________.
(a) seat belts.
13. What did Bryson buy with the money from his job?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A tent.
(c) A set of golf clubs.
(d) A portable TV.
14. What was the landscape like in the area where Bryson's grandparents lived?
15. What was Bill's reaction after the Cuban Missile Crisis?
(a) He never trusted grownups again.
(b) He drew comic books.
(c) He wouldn't go out of the house.
(d) He knew his family would be safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who launched the first satellite into space?
2. What did Bryson feel about where he grew up?
3. What club did Doug Willoughby take over?
4. What was Bryson's parents' response to the Cuban Missile Crisis?
5. Why did Bryson and his friends play inside most of the time?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)