|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the happiest year on record according to the Gallup Organization?
2. Who launched the first satellite into space?
(d) The Soviets.
3. What did Bryson love about the town in #122?
(a) Main Street.
(b) Ice cream shop.
(d) Swimming pool.
4. Which friend appeared in Bryson's book, A WALK IN THE WOODS?
(a) Milton Milton.
(b) Stephen Katz.
(c) Chuck Morrison.
(d) Doug Willoughby.
5. What was the one constant in the potluck suppers in town?
(b) Meat loaf.
6. What was the name of the broken down amusement park?
(d) Fantasy Farm.
7. The bedroom of the person in #152 looked like a _____________.
8. What did Bryson discover about his mother from her college days?
(a) She was the National Honor Society president.
(b) She was an exchange student.
(c) She was prom queen.
(d) She was editor of the school newspaper.
9. Where did the elementary school students eat lunch?
(a) At home.
(b) The junior high building.
(c) The cafeteria.
(d) The auditorium.
10. What did Bryson say about the Des Moines of his youth?
(a) It was just the same as it always was.
(b) It has grown so much it was unrecognizable.
(c) In most cases, it was no longer there.
(d) It was really deteriorated.
11. What did Bryson threaten to do to Bryson when he saw the amount of absences on his report cards?
(a) Withhold his allowance.
(b) Send him to a military academy.
(c) Ground him for the rest of his life.
(d) Take away his comic books.
12. What did Bryson and his friends do at the venue in #149?
(a) Did belly floppers.
(b) Raced cars.
(c) Had popcorn fights.
(d) Took naps.
13. What game did the person in #152 introduce Bryson to?
(a) Pac Man.
(b) Match fighting.
(d) Red Rover.
14. What job did Bryson have during the 1950s and 1960s?
(a) Newspaper boy.
(b) Delivery boy.
(c) Bus boy.
(d) Grocery bagger.
15. What did Bryson buy with the money from his job?
(a) A set of golf clubs.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A tent.
(d) A portable TV.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Bryson when he broke the body part in #133?
2. What was the name of the junior high Bryson attended?
3. In what year did the first shopping mall open in Des Moines?
4. In what year was the Cuban Missile Crisis?
5. Which friend got Bryson into the strippers' tent?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)