|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which friend went to college in California?
(a) Buddy Doberman.
(b) Milton Milton.
(c) Chuck Morrison.
(d) Jed Mattes.
2. At what age did Bryson start the job in #109?
3. Who did Bryson say was the smartest person he ever met?
(a) Doug Willoughby.
(b) Scooter Jones.
(c) Eddie Franklin.
(d) Chuck Morrison.
4. Where did the Brysons spend a night in a cheap hotel?
5. What did Bryson say about the Des Moines of his youth?
(a) It was really deteriorated.
(b) It was just the same as it always was.
(c) It has grown so much it was unrecognizable.
(d) In most cases, it was no longer there.
6. What job did Bryson have during the 1950s and 1960s?
(a) Newspaper boy.
(b) Bus boy.
(c) Delivery boy.
(d) Grocery bagger.
7. In what year did the first shopping mall open in Des Moines?
8. Which friend got Bryson into the strippers' tent?
(b) Milton Milton.
9. Which of the following did Bryson always forget to bring to school?
(a) Valentine's cards for the class.
(b) His homework assignment.
(c) His lunch.
(d) His signed report card.
10. What killed the elm trees in Des Moines at the end of the 1950s?
(a) Dutch elm disease.
11. How old was Bryson when he broke the body part in #133?
12. What item at school did Bryson like for its intoxicating scent?
(a) Lemon cleanser.
(b) Memeograph paper.
(d) Floor was.
13. What was the name of the junior high Bryson attended?
(a) Callanan Junior High School.
(b) Green Meadows Junior High School.
(c) Mont Verde Junior High School.
(d) Andrew Jackson Junior High School.
14. In which town did the people in #121 live?
15. What kind of car did Bryson's father buy?
(a) Mini van.
(b) Station wagon.
(d) VW van.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Bryson's elementary school?
2. What topic did Bryson's father talk to the family about periodically?
3. Where did the elementary school students eat lunch?
4. What did Bryson discover about his mother from her college days?
5. Which friend appeared in Bryson's book, A WALK IN THE WOODS?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)