|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bryson say about the Des Moines of his youth?
(a) In most cases, it was no longer there.
(b) It has grown so much it was unrecognizable.
(c) It was really deteriorated.
(d) It was just the same as it always was.
2. What university did Bryson's mother attend?
(c) Iowa State.
3. What supermarket remained from Bryson's youth?
4. Who did Bryson say was the smartest person he ever met?
(a) Scooter Jones.
(b) Chuck Morrison.
(c) Eddie Franklin.
(d) Doug Willoughby.
5. What eroded the sense of security for people in the 1950s?
(a) Soviet long range missiles.
(c) The Great Depression.
(d) The Vietnam War.
6. What weather condition was a threat to the area?
7. Which friend got Bryson into the strippers' tent?
(a) Milton Milton.
8. The bedroom of the person in #152 looked like a _____________.
9. For how long was Bryson in a cast?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 10 weeks.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 6 weeks.
10. What color was the barn on Bryson's grandparents' farm?
11. What game did the person in #152 introduce Bryson to?
(b) Red Rover.
(c) Pac Man.
(d) Match fighting.
12. What was the name of the junior high Bryson attended?
(a) Andrew Jackson Junior High School.
(b) Mont Verde Junior High School.
(c) Green Meadows Junior High School.
(d) Callanan Junior High School.
13. Who was the only former member of the club in #164 who was allowed to remain?
(a) Milton Milton.
14. Research in the late 1950s indicated that ___________ caused cancer.
(c) paint thinner.
(d) exhaust fumes.
15. In what year did the first shopping mall open in Des Moines?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bryson have to do three nights a week for his job?
2. Who was the transfer student who was drunk often at the age of 14?
3. What kind of car did Bryson's father buy?
4. What was the coldest part of Bryson's grandparents' house?
5. What body part did Bryson break?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)