|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which friend went to college in California?
(a) Buddy Doberman.
(b) Chuck Morrison.
(c) Jed Mattes.
(d) Milton Milton.
2. For how long was Bryson in a cast?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 10 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
3. Where did the elementary school students eat lunch?
(a) The cafeteria.
(b) The auditorium.
(c) The junior high building.
(d) At home.
4. Who was the only former member of the club in #164 who was allowed to remain?
(b) Milton Milton.
5. What eroded the sense of security for people in the 1950s?
(a) Soviet long range missiles.
(b) The Great Depression.
(c) The Vietnam War.
6. Where did the Bryson family go in the new vehicle?
(a) New York City.
(c) Myrtle Beach.
7. What killed the elm trees in Des Moines at the end of the 1950s?
(c) Dutch elm disease.
8. In what year did the first shopping mall open in Des Moines?
9. What did Bryson say about the Des Moines of his youth?
(a) It was just the same as it always was.
(b) In most cases, it was no longer there.
(c) It has grown so much it was unrecognizable.
(d) It was really deteriorated.
10. Which friend appeared in Bryson's book, A WALK IN THE WOODS?
(a) Doug Willoughby.
(b) Chuck Morrison.
(c) Milton Milton.
(d) Stephen Katz.
11. What did Bryson love about the town in #122?
(a) Ice cream shop.
(b) Main Street.
(d) Swimming pool.
12. What exercise was held at the school each month?
(a) Fire Drills.
(b) Tornado Drills.
(c) Civil Defense Drill.
(d) Blizzard Drills.
13. What did Bryson buy with the money from his job?
(a) A tent.
(b) A set of golf clubs.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A portable TV.
14. What did Bryson and his friends do at the venue in #149?
(a) Took naps.
(b) Raced cars.
(c) Did belly floppers.
(d) Had popcorn fights.
15. What body part did Bryson break?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Brysons spend a night in a cheap hotel?
2. Which friend joined the military and died during the first Gulf War?
3. What was the happiest year on record according to the Gallup Organization?
4. What did Bryson decide that he liked better than the item in #116?
5. Where did Bryson's mother move after her husband died?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)