|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bryson and other boys especially look forward to at the venue in #147?
(a) The shooting gallery.
(b) The horse races.
(c) The strippers' tent.
(d) The dunk 'em booth.
2. What nationality was the doctor who Bryson's parents took him to?
3. What weather condition was a threat to the area?
4. Who was the transfer student who was drunk often at the age of 14?
(a) Jeff Andrews.
(b) Eugene Milford.
(c) Stephen Katz.
(d) Mike Pitsenbarger.
5. What did Bryson's grandparents do in their house on winter nights?
(a) Planned spring gardens.
(b) Turned off the heat.
(c) Went to bed early.
(d) Played cards.
6. Who did Bryson say was the smartest person he ever met?
(a) Eddie Franklin.
(b) Doug Willoughby.
(c) Scooter Jones.
(d) Chuck Morrison.
7. The bedroom of the person in #152 looked like a _____________.
8. Where was Bryson sent quite a bit as punishment?
(a) The Principal's office.
(b) The cloakroom.
(d) The AV room.
9. What killed the elm trees in Des Moines at the end of the 1950s?
(d) Dutch elm disease.
10. Which friend got Bryson into the strippers' tent?
(c) Milton Milton.
11. Where did the Bryson family go in the new vehicle?
(a) New York City.
(d) Myrtle Beach.
12. What happened to the Thunderbolt Kid's sacred jersey?
(a) It got paint spots on it.
(b) It was thrown out by Bryson's parents.
(c) It was ripped in a fight.
(d) It went through the bleach cycle.
13. Which of the following did Bryson always forget to bring to school?
(a) Valentine's cards for the class.
(b) His signed report card.
(c) His lunch.
(d) His homework assignment.
14. What was the one constant in the potluck suppers in town?
(c) Meat loaf.
15. What was the name of the broken down amusement park?
(d) Fantasy Farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item at school did Bryson like for its intoxicating scent?
2. What color was the barn on Bryson's grandparents' farm?
3. What kind of car did Bryson's father buy?
4. Where were the students supposed to go during the exercise in #107?
5. What quality hindered Bryson in his work?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)