|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What exercise was held at the school each month?
(a) Civil Defense Drill.
(b) Fire Drills.
(c) Tornado Drills.
(d) Blizzard Drills.
2. What was the end of the dog in #114?
(a) He bit a visitor.
(b) He urinated on new carpet.
(c) He was hit by a car.
(d) He chewed a high heel shoe.
3. What was Bryson's parents' response to the Cuban Missile Crisis?
(a) Everything would be fine.
(b) They built an air raid shelter.
(c) They knew they were going to die.
(d) They were cautiously optimistic.
4. In what year did the first shopping mall open in Des Moines?
5. The bedroom of the person in #152 looked like a _____________.
6. What was Bill's reaction after the Cuban Missile Crisis?
(a) He wouldn't go out of the house.
(b) He never trusted grownups again.
(c) He drew comic books.
(d) He knew his family would be safe.
7. What nationality was the doctor who Bryson's parents took him to?
8. What was the coldest part of Bryson's grandparents' house?
(a) The attic.
(b) The sleeping porch.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The cellar.
9. What time did Bryson have to get to work on Sundays?
(d) Before dawn.
10. What did Bryson decide that he liked better than the item in #116?
11. What kind of car did Bryson's father buy?
(a) Station wagon.
(b) VW van.
(d) Mini van.
12. Who did Bryson say was the smartest person he ever met?
(a) Eddie Franklin.
(b) Doug Willoughby.
(c) Chuck Morrison.
(d) Scooter Jones.
13. What was the name of the dog that harassed Bryson?
14. Why did Bryson and his friends play inside most of the time?
(a) It was almost always winter.
(b) It was too hot to stay outside.
(c) There was more to do inside.
(d) They watched TV all the time.
15. What was the name of Bryson's elementary school?
(b) George Washington Elementary.
(c) The Baker Academy.
(d) Woodland Heights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Research in the late 1950s indicated that ___________ caused cancer.
2. What killed the elm trees in Des Moines at the end of the 1950s?
3. What entertainment venue did Bryson really enjoy?
4. What were Bryson's favorite books?
5. None of the rides at the amusement park in #145 had ____________.
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)