|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What university did Bryson's mother attend?
(a) Iowa State.
2. What did Bryson and other boys especially look forward to at the venue in #147?
(a) The horse races.
(b) The dunk 'em booth.
(c) The shooting gallery.
(d) The strippers' tent.
3. What did Bryson buy with the money from his job?
(a) A tent.
(b) A set of golf clubs.
(c) A portable TV.
(d) A bicycle.
4. What eroded the sense of security for people in the 1950s?
(b) The Great Depression.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) Soviet long range missiles.
5. Even though the year in #157 was a happy one, who was still excluded from many places in America?
(c) African Americans.
6. What was the name of the dog that harassed Bryson?
7. In what year did Bryson's father die?
8. Which friend became Bryson's literary agent?
(a) Milton Milton.
(b) Jed Mattes.
(c) Doug Willoughby.
(d) Stephen Katz.
9. What did Bryson threaten to do to Bryson when he saw the amount of absences on his report cards?
(a) Send him to a military academy.
(b) Take away his comic books.
(c) Withhold his allowance.
(d) Ground him for the rest of his life.
10. For how long was Bryson in a cast?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 10 weeks.
11. Which friend got Bryson into the strippers' tent?
(b) Milton Milton.
12. Which friend appeared in Bryson's book, A WALK IN THE WOODS?
(a) Milton Milton.
(b) Chuck Morrison.
(c) Stephen Katz.
(d) Doug Willoughby.
13. Who launched the first satellite into space?
(a) The Soviets.
14. What entertainment venue did Bryson really enjoy?
(a) The Iowa State Fair.
(b) Max & Eddy's.
(c) Ice cream socials.
(d) The Des Moines Fair.
15. Students at the high school became preoccupied with _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age did Bryson start the job in #109?
2. Where did Bryson and his friends have fun most of the year?
3. What was the name of Bryson's elementary school?
4. What type of soda did Bryson get when he went downtown with his grandfather?
5. At whose house was Bryson playing when he broke the body part in #133?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)