|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality was the doctor who Bryson's parents took him to?
2. What university did Bryson's mother attend?
(a) Iowa State.
3. What was the one constant in the potluck suppers in town?
(b) Meat loaf.
4. How old was Bryson when he broke the body part in #133?
5. Research in the late 1950s indicated that ___________ caused cancer.
(a) exhaust fumes.
(c) paint thinner.
6. What was the happiest year on record according to the Gallup Organization?
7. Where did the Bryson family go in the new vehicle?
(a) Myrtle Beach.
(c) New York City.
8. Why were all the students so sleepy in school?
(a) It was too hot inside.
(b) They had to get up too early.
(c) They ate big lunches.
(d) It was really boring.
9. What was Bill's reaction after the Cuban Missile Crisis?
(a) He never trusted grownups again.
(b) He knew his family would be safe.
(c) He drew comic books.
(d) He wouldn't go out of the house.
10. What type of soda did Bryson get when he went downtown with his grandfather?
(c) Dr. Pepper.
11. What was the coldest part of Bryson's grandparents' house?
(a) The sleeping porch.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The cellar.
(d) The attic.
12. What color was the barn on Bryson's grandparents' farm?
13. What did Bryson feel about where he grew up?
(a) He hated it.
(b) He didn't feel one way or the other about it.
(c) He was happy to be in a good city.
(d) He was bored to tears.
14. What were Bryson's favorite books?
(a) Clifford the Dog.
(b) Dick and Jane books.
(c) The Adventures of Aqua Man.
(d) Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn.
15. What did Bryson love about the town in #122?
(b) Main Street.
(c) Swimming pool.
(d) Ice cream shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bryson decide that he liked better than the item in #116?
2. What college did Bryson attend for a short time?
3. At what age did Bryson start the job in #109?
4. In what year did the first shopping mall open in Des Moines?
5. Bryson wrote about which relatives in Chapter 10?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)