|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car did Bryson's father buy?
(a) VW van.
(b) Station wagon.
(d) Mini van.
2. What club did Doug Willoughby take over?
(a) The Drama Club.
(b) The 4-H Club.
(c) The Audio-Visual Club.
(d) The FFA Club.
3. The bedroom of the person in #152 looked like a _____________.
4. What time did Bryson have to get to work on Sundays?
(b) Before dawn.
5. Why did Bryson and his friends play inside most of the time?
(a) It was too hot to stay outside.
(b) There was more to do inside.
(c) They watched TV all the time.
(d) It was almost always winter.
6. What was the end of the dog in #114?
(a) He bit a visitor.
(b) He urinated on new carpet.
(c) He was hit by a car.
(d) He chewed a high heel shoe.
7. What supermarket remained from Bryson's youth?
8. Which friend appeared in Bryson's book, A WALK IN THE WOODS?
(a) Milton Milton.
(b) Chuck Morrison.
(c) Stephen Katz.
(d) Doug Willoughby.
9. What did Bryson decide that he liked better than the item in #116?
10. Students at the high school became preoccupied with _____________.
11. Even though the year in #157 was a happy one, who was still excluded from many places in America?
(b) African Americans.
12. Discoveries about his parents' successes made Bryson revise the story of _____________.
(a) his achievements.
(b) his parentage.
(c) their courtship.
(d) his school days.
13. Who launched the first satellite into space?
(a) The Soviets.
14. None of the rides at the amusement park in #145 had ____________.
(a) seat belts.
15. What topic did Bryson's father talk to the family about periodically?
(a) Moving to a big city.
(b) Saving more money.
(c) Helping out around the house.
(d) Living on a farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Bill's reaction after the Cuban Missile Crisis?
2. Where did the Brysons spend a night in a cheap hotel?
3. What color was the barn on Bryson's grandparents' farm?
4. What was the landscape like in the area where Bryson's grandparents lived?
5. What was the name of the junior high Bryson attended?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)