|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bryson feel about where he grew up?
(a) He hated it.
(b) He didn't feel one way or the other about it.
(c) He was happy to be in a good city.
(d) He was bored to tears.
2. What exercise was held at the school each month?
(a) Fire Drills.
(b) Civil Defense Drill.
(c) Tornado Drills.
(d) Blizzard Drills.
3. Where did the Brysons spend a night in a cheap hotel?
4. For how long was Bryson in a cast?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 10 weeks.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 2 months.
5. What type of soda did Bryson get when he went downtown with his grandfather?
(d) Dr. Pepper.
6. What did Bryson discover about his mother from her college days?
(a) She was editor of the school newspaper.
(b) She was an exchange student.
(c) She was prom queen.
(d) She was the National Honor Society president.
7. What were Bryson's favorite books?
(a) Clifford the Dog.
(b) The Adventures of Aqua Man.
(c) Dick and Jane books.
(d) Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn.
8. Students at the high school became preoccupied with _____________.
9. What was the one constant in the potluck suppers in town?
(d) Meat loaf.
10. What did Bryson have to do three nights a week for his job?
(a) Wax floors.
(b) Spray out garbage cans.
(c) Collect subscription money.
(d) Clean tables.
11. What was the end of the dog in #114?
(a) He chewed a high heel shoe.
(b) He urinated on new carpet.
(c) He was hit by a car.
(d) He bit a visitor.
12. In what year was the Cuban Missile Crisis?
13. What did Bryson and other boys especially look forward to at the venue in #147?
(a) The dunk 'em booth.
(b) The shooting gallery.
(c) The horse races.
(d) The strippers' tent.
14. What did Bryson decide that he liked better than the item in #116?
15. What happened to the Thunderbolt Kid's sacred jersey?
(a) It was thrown out by Bryson's parents.
(b) It went through the bleach cycle.
(c) It was ripped in a fight.
(d) It got paint spots on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weather condition was a threat to the area?
2. Which friend went to college in California?
3. Which friend appeared in Bryson's book, A WALK IN THE WOODS?
4. At what age did Bryson start the job in #109?
5. In what year did Bryson's father die?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)