|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What supermarket remained from Bryson's youth?
2. What job did Bryson have during the 1950s and 1960s?
(a) Delivery boy.
(b) Newspaper boy.
(c) Grocery bagger.
(d) Bus boy.
3. What was Bryson's parents' response to the Cuban Missile Crisis?
(a) They were cautiously optimistic.
(b) They knew they were going to die.
(c) Everything would be fine.
(d) They built an air raid shelter.
4. Bryson wrote about which relatives in Chapter 10?
5. What topic did Bryson's father talk to the family about periodically?
(a) Saving more money.
(b) Helping out around the house.
(c) Living on a farm.
(d) Moving to a big city.
6. Where did the Brysons spend a night in a cheap hotel?
7. What did Bryson's grandparents do in their house on winter nights?
(a) Went to bed early.
(b) Planned spring gardens.
(c) Turned off the heat.
(d) Played cards.
8. Where was Bryson sent quite a bit as punishment?
(a) The AV room.
(b) The cloakroom.
(d) The Principal's office.
9. Who was the only former member of the club in #164 who was allowed to remain?
(d) Milton Milton.
10. What did Bryson threaten to do to Bryson when he saw the amount of absences on his report cards?
(a) Take away his comic books.
(b) Ground him for the rest of his life.
(c) Withhold his allowance.
(d) Send him to a military academy.
11. What killed the elm trees in Des Moines at the end of the 1950s?
(d) Dutch elm disease.
12. What subject did Bryson especially like?
13. What was the end of the dog in #114?
(a) He bit a visitor.
(b) He chewed a high heel shoe.
(c) He urinated on new carpet.
(d) He was hit by a car.
14. What was the name of the broken down amusement park?
(a) Fantasy Farm.
15. What body part did Bryson break?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was the Cuban Missile Crisis?
2. What did Bryson feel about where he grew up?
3. The bedroom of the person in #152 looked like a _____________.
4. What kind of car did Bryson's father buy?
5. Why did Bryson and his friends play inside most of the time?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)