|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did Bryson have during the 1950s and 1960s?
(a) Bus boy.
(b) Grocery bagger.
(c) Newspaper boy.
(d) Delivery boy.
2. What subject did Bryson especially like?
3. What time did Bryson have to get to work on Sundays?
(a) Before dawn.
4. What did Bryson say about the Des Moines of his youth?
(a) It was really deteriorated.
(b) It has grown so much it was unrecognizable.
(c) It was just the same as it always was.
(d) In most cases, it was no longer there.
5. Where was Bryson sent quite a bit as punishment?
(a) The AV room.
(b) The cloakroom.
(c) The Principal's office.
6. What did Bryson feel about where he grew up?
(a) He didn't feel one way or the other about it.
(b) He hated it.
(c) He was bored to tears.
(d) He was happy to be in a good city.
7. Which friend became Bryson's literary agent?
(a) Doug Willoughby.
(b) Milton Milton.
(c) Stephen Katz.
(d) Jed Mattes.
8. What were Bryson's favorite books?
(a) The Adventures of Aqua Man.
(b) Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn.
(c) Dick and Jane books.
(d) Clifford the Dog.
9. What was the happiest year on record according to the Gallup Organization?
10. What color was the barn on Bryson's grandparents' farm?
11. What type of soda did Bryson get when he went downtown with his grandfather?
(d) Dr. Pepper.
12. How old was Bryson when he broke the body part in #133?
13. At what age did Bryson start the job in #109?
14. What was the one constant in the potluck suppers in town?
(d) Meat loaf.
15. The bedroom of the person in #152 looked like a _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the students supposed to go during the exercise in #107?
2. What did Bryson decide that he liked better than the item in #116?
3. What supermarket remained from Bryson's youth?
4. Discoveries about his parents' successes made Bryson revise the story of _____________.
5. Who did Bryson say was the smartest person he ever met?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)