|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Bryson when he broke the body part in #133?
2. What kind of tree grew in the backyard of Bryson's grandparents' farm?
3. In what year did the first shopping mall open in Des Moines?
4. What was the coldest part of Bryson's grandparents' house?
(a) The sleeping porch.
(b) The cellar.
(c) The attic.
(d) The kitchen.
5. What was the minimum age for admittance into the venue in #148 when Bryson was 13?
6. In what year did the Thunderbolt Kid's sacred jersey meet its fate?
7. What was the end of the dog in #114?
(a) He was hit by a car.
(b) He chewed a high heel shoe.
(c) He urinated on new carpet.
(d) He bit a visitor.
8. Who was the friend who introduced Bryson to the finer things in life?
(a) James Hall.
(b) Jared Clark.
(c) Jeremy Miller.
(d) Jed Mattes.
9. Which friend became Bryson's literary agent?
(a) Jed Mattes.
(b) Milton Milton.
(c) Doug Willoughby.
(d) Stephen Katz.
10. What body part did Bryson break?
11. What subject did Bryson especially like?
12. What did Bryson love about the town in #122?
(a) Swimming pool.
(b) Main Street.
(d) Ice cream shop.
13. What did Bryson and other boys especially look forward to at the venue in #147?
(a) The shooting gallery.
(b) The strippers' tent.
(c) The horse races.
(d) The dunk 'em booth.
14. What type of soda did Bryson get when he went downtown with his grandfather?
(b) Dr. Pepper.
15. What university did Bryson's mother attend?
(a) Iowa State.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bryson feel about where he grew up?
2. In what year did Bryson's father die?
3. What did Bryson discover about his mother from her college days?
4. What did Bryson decide that he liked better than the item in #116?
5. What killed the elm trees in Des Moines at the end of the 1950s?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)