|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were all the students so sleepy in school?
(a) They ate big lunches.
(b) They had to get up too early.
(c) It was really boring.
(d) It was too hot inside.
2. In what year was the Cuban Missile Crisis?
3. At whose house was Bryson playing when he broke the body part in #133?
(a) Eddie Corcoran's.
(b) Arthur Bergen's.
(c) Duke Collins'.
(d) Buddy Miller's.
4. Students at the high school became preoccupied with _____________.
5. Where was Bryson sent quite a bit as punishment?
(b) The cloakroom.
(c) The Principal's office.
(d) The AV room.
6. What was the name of Bryson's elementary school?
(a) George Washington Elementary.
(b) Woodland Heights.
(d) The Baker Academy.
7. Where did the elementary school students eat lunch?
(a) The auditorium.
(b) The junior high building.
(c) The cafeteria.
(d) At home.
8. Where did Bryson's mother move after her husband died?
(a) Her daughter's house.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A smaller house.
(d) A retirement community.
9. What job did Bryson have during the 1950s and 1960s?
(a) Delivery boy.
(b) Bus boy.
(c) Grocery bagger.
(d) Newspaper boy.
10. Even though the year in #157 was a happy one, who was still excluded from many places in America?
(c) African Americans.
11. The bedroom of the person in #152 looked like a _____________.
12. At what age did Bryson start the job in #109?
13. What college did Bryson attend for a short time?
(a) University of Minnesota.
(b) Notre Dame University.
(c) San Diego State.
(d) Drake University.
14. What was the end of the dog in #114?
(a) He urinated on new carpet.
(b) He bit a visitor.
(c) He chewed a high heel shoe.
(d) He was hit by a car.
15. What color was the barn on Bryson's grandparents' farm?
Short Answer Questions
1. What university did Bryson's mother attend?
2. In what year did the first shopping mall open in Des Moines?
3. Who launched the first satellite into space?
4. Which of the following did Bryson always forget to bring to school?
5. Which friend joined the military and died during the first Gulf War?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)