|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What exercise was held at the school each month?
(a) Civil Defense Drill.
(b) Blizzard Drills.
(c) Tornado Drills.
(d) Fire Drills.
2. What club did Doug Willoughby take over?
(a) The Audio-Visual Club.
(b) The Drama Club.
(c) The 4-H Club.
(d) The FFA Club.
3. What weather condition was a threat to the area?
4. Where did Bryson's mother move after her husband died?
(a) A smaller house.
(b) Her daughter's house.
(c) An apartment.
(d) A retirement community.
5. What was the minimum age for admittance into the venue in #148 when Bryson was 13?
6. What job did Bryson have during the 1950s and 1960s?
(a) Newspaper boy.
(b) Grocery bagger.
(c) Delivery boy.
(d) Bus boy.
7. What body part did Bryson break?
8. What did Bryson buy with the money from his job?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A set of golf clubs.
(c) A portable TV.
(d) A tent.
9. What type of soda did Bryson get when he went downtown with his grandfather?
(b) Dr. Pepper.
10. What did Bryson have to do three nights a week for his job?
(a) Wax floors.
(b) Collect subscription money.
(c) Clean tables.
(d) Spray out garbage cans.
11. Bryson wrote about which relatives in Chapter 10?
12. Which friend got Bryson into the strippers' tent?
(b) Milton Milton.
13. What eroded the sense of security for people in the 1950s?
(a) Soviet long range missiles.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(d) The Great Depression.
14. What college did Bryson attend for a short time?
(a) Drake University.
(b) University of Minnesota.
(c) Notre Dame University.
(d) San Diego State.
15. What did Bryson feel about where he grew up?
(a) He hated it.
(b) He was bored to tears.
(c) He didn't feel one way or the other about it.
(d) He was happy to be in a good city.
Short Answer Questions
1. Research in the late 1950s indicated that ___________ caused cancer.
2. In what year did the first shopping mall open in Des Moines?
3. Where did Bryson and his friends have fun most of the year?
4. In what year did the Thunderbolt Kid's sacred jersey meet its fate?
5. Where did the elementary school students eat lunch?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)