|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of soda did Bryson get when he went downtown with his grandfather?
(c) Dr. Pepper.
2. What was the happiest year on record according to the Gallup Organization?
3. What topic did Bryson's father talk to the family about periodically?
(a) Moving to a big city.
(b) Living on a farm.
(c) Saving more money.
(d) Helping out around the house.
4. Bryson wrote about which relatives in Chapter 10?
5. What color was the barn on Bryson's grandparents' farm?
6. What kind of car did Bryson's father buy?
(a) Mini van.
(b) Station wagon.
(d) VW van.
7. Research in the late 1950s indicated that ___________ caused cancer.
(a) exhaust fumes.
(d) paint thinner.
8. What did Bryson say about the Des Moines of his youth?
(a) It was just the same as it always was.
(b) It has grown so much it was unrecognizable.
(c) In most cases, it was no longer there.
(d) It was really deteriorated.
9. Where did the Bryson family go in the new vehicle?
(c) New York City.
(d) Myrtle Beach.
10. What exercise was held at the school each month?
(a) Tornado Drills.
(b) Civil Defense Drill.
(c) Blizzard Drills.
(d) Fire Drills.
11. Which friend appeared in Bryson's book, A WALK IN THE WOODS?
(a) Stephen Katz.
(b) Doug Willoughby.
(c) Milton Milton.
(d) Chuck Morrison.
12. What was the one constant in the potluck suppers in town?
(d) Meat loaf.
13. How old was Bryson when he broke the body part in #133?
14. What college did Bryson attend for a short time?
(a) Drake University.
(b) Notre Dame University.
(c) University of Minnesota.
(d) San Diego State.
15. Discoveries about his parents' successes made Bryson revise the story of _____________.
(a) his achievements.
(b) his school days.
(c) their courtship.
(d) his parentage.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which town did the people in #121 live?
2. What quality hindered Bryson in his work?
3. In what year did the Thunderbolt Kid's sacred jersey meet its fate?
4. Where did Bryson's grandparents go nearly every night in the summer?
5. Where were the students supposed to go during the exercise in #107?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)