|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What body part did Bryson break?
2. Where did the Bryson family go in the new vehicle?
(b) New York City.
(c) Myrtle Beach.
3. What item at school did Bryson like for its intoxicating scent?
(a) Lemon cleanser.
(b) Memeograph paper.
(d) Floor was.
4. What was the happiest year on record according to the Gallup Organization?
5. What was the coldest part of Bryson's grandparents' house?
(a) The attic.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The sleeping porch.
(d) The cellar.
6. What was Bryson's parents' response to the Cuban Missile Crisis?
(a) They built an air raid shelter.
(b) They knew they were going to die.
(c) They were cautiously optimistic.
(d) Everything would be fine.
7. In what year did the Thunderbolt Kid's sacred jersey meet its fate?
8. Students at the high school became preoccupied with _____________.
9. Who was the only former member of the club in #164 who was allowed to remain?
(b) Milton Milton.
10. Why did Bryson and his friends play inside most of the time?
(a) It was almost always winter.
(b) They watched TV all the time.
(c) It was too hot to stay outside.
(d) There was more to do inside.
11. Who launched the first satellite into space?
(a) The Soviets.
12. Where were the students supposed to go during the exercise in #107?
(a) The auditorium.
(b) The basement.
(c) Under their desks.
(d) The cloakroom.
13. What exercise was held at the school each month?
(a) Blizzard Drills.
(b) Fire Drills.
(c) Civil Defense Drill.
(d) Tornado Drills.
14. What did Bryson say about the Des Moines of his youth?
(a) It was just the same as it always was.
(b) It has grown so much it was unrecognizable.
(c) It was really deteriorated.
(d) In most cases, it was no longer there.
15. What did Bryson love about the town in #122?
(b) Main Street.
(c) Swimming pool.
(d) Ice cream shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. None of the rides at the amusement park in #145 had ____________.
2. What did Bryson's grandparents do in their house on winter nights?
3. Where did Bryson and his friends have fun most of the year?
4. In which town did the people in #121 live?
5. Research in the late 1950s indicated that ___________ caused cancer.
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)