|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Bryson's favorite books?
(a) Clifford the Dog.
(b) Dick and Jane books.
(c) The Adventures of Aqua Man.
(d) Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn.
2. What item at school did Bryson like for its intoxicating scent?
(a) Floor was.
(c) Memeograph paper.
(d) Lemon cleanser.
3. Where did the elementary school students eat lunch?
(a) At home.
(b) The auditorium.
(c) The cafeteria.
(d) The junior high building.
4. For how long was Bryson in a cast?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 10 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
5. The bedroom of the person in #152 looked like a _____________.
6. Where did Bryson and his friends have fun most of the year?
(a) Movie theater.
(b) Swimming pool.
(c) Horse track.
(d) Go-kart park.
7. What did Bryson say about the Des Moines of his youth?
(a) It was really deteriorated.
(b) It has grown so much it was unrecognizable.
(c) It was just the same as it always was.
(d) In most cases, it was no longer there.
8. In what year did the Thunderbolt Kid's sacred jersey meet its fate?
9. What was the coldest part of Bryson's grandparents' house?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The sleeping porch.
(c) The cellar.
(d) The attic.
10. How old was Bryson when he broke the body part in #133?
11. What supermarket remained from Bryson's youth?
12. In what year was the Cuban Missile Crisis?
13. In which town did the people in #121 live?
14. What topic did Bryson's father talk to the family about periodically?
(a) Living on a farm.
(b) Moving to a big city.
(c) Saving more money.
(d) Helping out around the house.
15. What quality hindered Bryson in his work?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bryson feel about where he grew up?
2. What exercise was held at the school each month?
3. Who was the only former member of the club in #164 who was allowed to remain?
4. What was Bryson's parents' response to the Cuban Missile Crisis?
5. What was the minimum age for admittance into the venue in #148 when Bryson was 13?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)