|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the friend who introduced Bryson to the finer things in life?
(a) Jed Mattes.
(b) James Hall.
(c) Jared Clark.
(d) Jeremy Miller.
2. What did Bryson threaten to do to Bryson when he saw the amount of absences on his report cards?
(a) Withhold his allowance.
(b) Ground him for the rest of his life.
(c) Take away his comic books.
(d) Send him to a military academy.
3. What club did Doug Willoughby take over?
(a) The Audio-Visual Club.
(b) The 4-H Club.
(c) The FFA Club.
(d) The Drama Club.
4. What did Bryson feel about where he grew up?
(a) He was bored to tears.
(b) He was happy to be in a good city.
(c) He didn't feel one way or the other about it.
(d) He hated it.
5. In what year was the Cuban Missile Crisis?
6. Bryson wrote about which relatives in Chapter 10?
7. What nationality was the doctor who Bryson's parents took him to?
8. What did Bryson and his friends do at the venue in #149?
(a) Did belly floppers.
(b) Had popcorn fights.
(c) Took naps.
(d) Raced cars.
9. What was Bryson's parents' response to the Cuban Missile Crisis?
(a) They knew they were going to die.
(b) Everything would be fine.
(c) They were cautiously optimistic.
(d) They built an air raid shelter.
10. What kind of car did Bryson's father buy?
(a) VW van.
(b) Mini van.
(c) Station wagon.
11. Why did Bryson and his friends play inside most of the time?
(a) They watched TV all the time.
(b) It was almost always winter.
(c) It was too hot to stay outside.
(d) There was more to do inside.
12. What did Bryson and other boys especially look forward to at the venue in #147?
(a) The shooting gallery.
(b) The strippers' tent.
(c) The horse races.
(d) The dunk 'em booth.
13. What was the end of the dog in #114?
(a) He was hit by a car.
(b) He chewed a high heel shoe.
(c) He urinated on new carpet.
(d) He bit a visitor.
14. In which town did the people in #121 live?
15. In what year did the first shopping mall open in Des Moines?
Short Answer Questions
1. What quality hindered Bryson in his work?
2. Which friend appeared in Bryson's book, A WALK IN THE WOODS?
3. What exercise was held at the school each month?
4. What game did the person in #152 introduce Bryson to?
5. What did Bryson love about the town in #122?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)