|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Bryson's father's job at the publication?
(a) Sports writer.
(c) Managing editor.
2. In what year was Bryson born?
3. Who created the first television dinners?
(a) Lean Cuisine.
(b) C.A. Swanson.
(d) Marie Callendar's.
4. In what state did the military begin testing atomic bombs?
5. What did the Thunderbolt Kid do to the man who drank out of Bryson's glass at Toddle House?
(a) Sent laster beams into his eyes.
(b) Tripped him and made him fall.
(c) Pushed him off the stool.
(d) Sent bolts of electricity into his back.
6. What was something that Bryson's mother tended to forget?
(a) The safe combination.
(b) Driving directions.
(c) Her kids' birthdays.
(d) Where she put her keys.
7. About what decade of American life did Bryson write in this book?
8. Who was the Bryson family's dentist?
(a) Dr. D.K. Brewster.
(b) Dr. Brock.
(c) Dr. E.W. Miller.
(d) Dr. Cavanaugh.
9. Where did Bryson get to accompany his father on business-related trips?
(b) Major League ballgames.
(c) Business openings.
(d) Printing plants.
10. By 1958, the average child in the United States carried ten times more _______________ than the year before.
11. What were Bryson's three uncles called?
(a) The Three Musketeers.
(b) The Trio of Terror.
(c) Three Blind Mice.
(d) The Three Stooges.
12. What was the area set apart in the grocery where kids could read while their parents shopped?
(a) Little Shoppers.
(b) Little Library.
(c) Kiddie Corral.
(d) Tot Shop.
13. What publication did most boys need to rely on to seem partially clothed girls?
(a) National Geographic.
(c) Medical supply books.
(d) Mail order catalogs.
14. Where did the radioactive ash from the bomb fall?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) Navy ships.
(c) Nearby islands.
(d) Pearl Harbor.
15. In what year did the movie in #73 come out?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of kit did Bryson get for Christmas one year that was disappointing?
2. What was a popular spot for kids to play in in the 1950s?
3. What did Bryson and his friends make a little neighborhood kid eat once as an experiment?
4. What appliance was treated like a treasured guest in the Bryson household?
5. What was it about Bryson's Thunderbolt Kid outfit that caused laughter from the other kids?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)