|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Bryson's three uncles called?
(a) The Three Musketeers.
(b) Three Blind Mice.
(c) The Trio of Terror.
(d) The Three Stooges.
2. Where did the Brysons spend Christmas of 1960?
(b) New York.
(c) Washington, D.C.
3. Who was the friend that Bryson went on the outing with?
(a) Milton Milton.
4. How did life in the 1950s make people feel?
(a) Everything was good.
(b) They lived as if there were no tomorrow.
(c) Danger lurked around every corner.
(d) They were scared of another war.
5. Who did Bryson think his real father must have been?
(a) Green Hornet.
(c) King Volton.
6. Who was the doctor who made a house call to tend to Bryson's head injury?
(a) Dr. Kerrigan.
(b) Dr. Alzheimer.
(c) Dr. Morton.
(d) Dr. Bigelow.
7. What was outlawed in almost every state?
(b) Lite beer.
(c) Panty raids.
(d) Various sexual acts.
8. Why did Bryson think he would never get to visit the location in #55?
(a) It was too far away.
(b) He was too old.
(c) His father was cheap.
(d) His mother said the rides were not safe.
9. What did Bryson and his friends make a little neighborhood kid eat once as an experiment?
(b) Red berries in the backyard.
(d) Kitty litter.
10. What precaution did kids in the 1950s not have to take?
(a) Had cell phones and pagers.
(b) Wore seat belts in the car.
(c) Cupboards were not baby-proofed.
(d) They did not have to come inside when it got dark.
11. In what ocean is the Eniwetok atoll located?
12. What was something that Bryson's mother tended to forget?
(a) The safe combination.
(b) Her kids' birthdays.
(c) Driving directions.
(d) Where she put her keys.
13. When did the United States explode a hydrogen bomb in the Eniwetok atoll?
(a) January 3, 1945.
(b) April 4, 1959.
(c) November 1, 1952.
(d) September 15, 1954.
14. Why could men and boys not see the magazine in #78?
(a) It was illegal to buy it.
(b) It was too expensive.
(c) It was embarrassing to ask for it.
(d) Their wives would kill them.
15. What were household buying more than one of in the 1950s?
(d) Time Shares.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Bryson born?
2. What did Bryson and his buddies do the girlie magazine's he found in his father's closet?
3. What did Bryson keep for years just for the sake of conversation?
4. Bryson's favorite candies were almost always made of ______________.
5. What publication did most boys need to rely on to seem partially clothed girls?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)