|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Bryson hate going to the dentist?
(a) He was too slow.
(b) He did not use Novocaine.
(c) He had bad breath.
(d) He had a mean nurse.
2. Where could Bryson sneak a peek at the magazine in #78?
(a) The pharmacy.
(b) The trunk of the car.
(c) His father's dresser drawer.
(d) A drawer in the garage.
3. What was the name of the novelty and joke store Bryson used to frequent?
(a) Star City.
(d) Buzz's Place.
4. In what month was Bryson born?
5. Who was Bryson's brother?
6. Why did Bryson think he would never get to visit the location in #55?
(a) It was too far away.
(b) His mother said the rides were not safe.
(c) His father was cheap.
(d) He was too old.
7. In what state did the military begin testing atomic bombs?
8. For what characteristic was Bryson's father known?
(a) He was cheap.
(b) He was a great dancer.
(c) He was a great bowler.
(d) He was artistic.
9. What did Bryson and his friends make a little neighborhood kid eat once as an experiment?
(a) Red berries in the backyard.
(d) Kitty litter.
10. What was the name of the store where Bryson bought penny candy?
(a) Sweet Sue's.
(b) The Candy Shoppe.
11. What became the joy of every family in the 1950s?
(d) Ice cream makers.
12. What precaution did kids in the 1950s not have to take?
(a) Had cell phones and pagers.
(b) Wore seat belts in the car.
(c) They did not have to come inside when it got dark.
(d) Cupboards were not baby-proofed.
13. What disease was a major concern during the 1950s?
14. Who led a movement in trying to identify the element in #95?
(a) George McGovern.
(b) Hubert Humphrey.
(c) Joseph McCarthy.
(d) Merv Griffen.
15. Where was a bigger bomb dropped on March 1, 1954?
(b) Pacific Ocean.
(d) Bikini atoll.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bryson's parents tell him his mother was doing when he came upon them having sex one afternoon?
2. How many children under the age of 12 were living in the mid-1950s in America?
3. Who was the girl in Bryson's neighborhood that everyone wanted to see naked?
4. Why could men and boys not see the magazine in #78?
5. Who tasted the albino Lincoln Logs?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)