|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who distributed fish tainted from the radioactive ash?
(a) Japanese fishermen.
(b) Malaysian shrimp boats.
(c) New England seafood companies.
(d) U.S. Navy.
2. Who did a huge belly flop off the diving board while on the outing?
(b) Mr. Milton.
(d) Milton Milton.
3. Who was the friend that Bryson went on the outing with?
(c) Milton Milton.
4. Who was President of the United States when Bryson was born?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) Dwight Eisenhower.
(d) Harry Truman.
5. What unusual physical characteristic did Bryson's uncle have?
(a) A streak of white hair in his black hair.
(b) A peg leg.
(c) One blue eye and one green eye.
(d) A hole in his throat.
6. In what unusual place did Bryson's father practice his exercise?
(a) Bathroom stalls.
(b) Hardware stores.
7. Where did Bryson get to accompany his father on business-related trips?
(a) Major League ballgames.
(c) Business openings.
(d) Printing plants.
8. Where did Bryson and his mother go for pie after the movies?
(b) Waffle House.
(d) Toddle House.
9. In what state did the military begin testing atomic bombs?
10. What disease was a major concern during the 1950s?
11. Why did Bryson think he would never get to visit the location in #55?
(a) His father was cheap.
(b) It was too far away.
(c) He was too old.
(d) His mother said the rides were not safe.
12. For what publication did Bryson's father work?
(a) The Des Moines Register.
(b) Sporting News.
(c) The Columbus Disptach.
(d) The Reader's Digest.
13. What was an insect that rose from the ground and could fly up someone's shorts?
(b) Lightning bug.
14. Who was Bryson's sister?
15. What was a household item that people were buying in the 1950s?
(a) Trash compactor.
(d) Espresso machine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bryson and his friends make a little neighborhood kid eat once as an experiment?
2. How did life in the 1950s make people feel?
3. When did the United States explode a hydrogen bomb in the Eniwetok atoll?
4. What did Bryson keep for years just for the sake of conversation?
5. What were household buying more than one of in the 1950s?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)