|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a household item that people were buying in the 1950s?
(c) Trash compactor.
(d) Espresso machine.
2. Who was the Thunderbolt Kid?
(a) Bryson's best friend.
(b) Bryson's arch enemy.
(c) Bryson's brother.
(d) Bryson's alter ego.
3. What publication did most boys need to rely on to seem partially clothed girls?
(a) Medical supply books.
(c) Mail order catalogs.
(d) National Geographic.
4. Bryson recalled a day in August of ____________ when he went on an outing with a friend and his family.
5. Who was the friend that Bryson went on the outing with?
(b) Milton Milton.
6. What was something that Bryson's mother tended to forget?
(a) The safe combination.
(b) Driving directions.
(c) Her kids' birthdays.
(d) Where she put her keys.
7. Where did Bryson get to accompany his father on business-related trips?
(a) Printing plants.
(b) Business openings.
(c) Major League ballgames.
8. What was the name of the novelty and joke store Bryson used to frequent?
(b) Buzz's Place.
(c) Star City.
9. Why could men and boys not see the magazine in #78?
(a) It was illegal to buy it.
(b) It was too expensive.
(c) Their wives would kill them.
(d) It was embarrassing to ask for it.
10. Who was the Bryson family's dentist?
(a) Dr. E.W. Miller.
(b) Dr. D.K. Brewster.
(c) Dr. Cavanaugh.
(d) Dr. Brock.
11. In what state did the military begin testing atomic bombs?
12. Who was Bryson's brother?
13. For what publication did Bryson's father work?
(a) Sporting News.
(b) The Reader's Digest.
(c) The Columbus Disptach.
(d) The Des Moines Register.
14. What movie did Bryson's sister decide they needed to see?
(a) Peyton Place.
(b) Wild Like the Wind.
(c) From Here to Eternity.
15. In what city did Bryson's mother's relatives live?
(c) San Diego.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Thunderbolt Kid do to the man who drank out of Bryson's glass at Toddle House?
2. Who was the girl in Bryson's neighborhood that everyone wanted to see naked?
3. Where did Bryson and his mother go for pie after the movies?
4. What did Bryson and his buddies do the girlie magazine's he found in his father's closet?
5. What was the main street of Bryson's hometown?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)