|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the repercussion of underground bomb tests?
(a) Huge craters.
(b) Destroyed phone lines.
(c) Sunken mines.
2. What was Bryson's father's job at the publication?
(b) Managing editor.
(c) Sports writer.
3. What did boys charge other boys for once they discovered them?
(a) Porn magazines.
(b) X-rated movies.
(c) Holes in walls where undressed women could be seen.
(d) Risque postcards.
4. What unusual physical characteristic did Bryson's uncle have?
(a) A peg leg.
(b) A hole in his throat.
(c) One blue eye and one green eye.
(d) A streak of white hair in his black hair.
5. What did Bryson's parents tell him his mother was doing when he came upon them having sex one afternoon?
(a) Testing out a new mattress.
(b) Looking for dirty socks.
(c) Changing the bedding.
(d) Checking his father's teeth.
6. Who was a person Bryson got to meet on one of these trips with his father?
(a) Willie Mays.
(b) Ed Sullivan.
(c) Lyndon Johnson.
(d) Captain Kangaroo.
7. Who led a movement in trying to identify the element in #95?
(a) George McGovern.
(b) Merv Griffen.
(c) Joseph McCarthy.
(d) Hubert Humphrey.
8. How did Bryson injure his head when he was ten-years-old?
(a) Fell off his bike.
(b) A car accident.
(c) Got hit with a rock.
(d) Playing football.
9. Where did Bryson go on the outing with his friend and his family?
(a) Lake Ontario.
(c) Lake Ahquabi.
(d) Lake Tahoe.
10. Where did the radioactive ash from the bomb fall?
(a) Navy ships.
(b) Pearl Harbor.
(c) Nearby islands.
(d) San Francisco.
11. What publication did most boys need to rely on to seem partially clothed girls?
(b) National Geographic.
(c) Medical supply books.
(d) Mail order catalogs.
12. What magazine offered men and boys the chance to see naked women?
13. What did Bryson and his buddies do the girlie magazine's he found in his father's closet?
(a) Sold them.
(b) Tore out some pages.
(c) Highlighted certain images.
(d) Wrote balloon captions on them.
14. What was the area set apart in the grocery where kids could read while their parents shopped?
(a) Kiddie Corral.
(b) Little Shoppers.
(c) Little Library.
(d) Tot Shop.
15. What did Bryson name the green jersey with the golden thunderbolt on the chest?
(a) Sacred Jersey of Zap.
(b) Invisibility cloak.
(c) Zip Zag Zap.
(d) Bryson's Bolt Brigade.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Brysons visit during their trip to the state in #59?
2. Which state did the U.S. use as a test site?
3. What was an insect that rose from the ground and could fly up someone's shorts?
4. What family attraction and vacation spot opened in 1955?
5. What became the joy of every family in the 1950s?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)