|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which state did the U.S. use as a test site?
(c) South Dakota.
2. Who was Bryson's sister?
3. What was a household item that people were buying in the 1950s?
(b) Espresso machine.
(d) Trash compactor.
4. Who did Bryson think his real father must have been?
(a) King Volton.
(d) Green Hornet.
5. In what year did the movie in #73 come out?
6. Who was Bryson's brother?
7. What were household buying more than one of in the 1950s?
(d) Time Shares.
8. What was one of the few things that was really exciting for Bryson?
(a) Comic books.
(b) Drive-in movies.
(c) Camp outs.
(d) Going swimming.
9. Bryson recalled a day in August of ____________ when he went on an outing with a friend and his family.
10. What was outlawed in almost every state?
(a) Lite beer.
(c) Panty raids.
(d) Various sexual acts.
11. Who distributed fish tainted from the radioactive ash?
(a) U.S. Navy.
(b) Japanese fishermen.
(c) Malaysian shrimp boats.
(d) New England seafood companies.
12. Why could men and boys not see the magazine in #78?
(a) Their wives would kill them.
(b) It was too expensive.
(c) It was embarrassing to ask for it.
(d) It was illegal to buy it.
13. About what decade of American life did Bryson write in this book?
14. Why did Bryson think that Sunday mornings were too long?
(a) He wasn't allowed to sleep in.
(b) He waited for the TV programs to start.
(c) He had to go to church.
(d) He had to do his paper route.
15. Why did Bryson hate going to the dentist?
(a) He had a mean nurse.
(b) He was too slow.
(c) He had bad breath.
(d) He did not use Novocaine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was something that Bryson's mother tended to forget?
2. What were Bryson's three uncles called?
3. Who was the friend that Bryson went on the outing with?
4. For what publication did Bryson's father work?
5. In what city did Bryson's mother's relatives live?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)