Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Bryson born?
2. What did Bryson name the green jersey with the golden thunderbolt on the chest?
(a) Sacred Jersey of Zap.
(b) Invisibility cloak.
(c) Bryson's Bolt Brigade.
(d) Zip Zag Zap.
3. About what decade of American life did Bryson write in this book?
4. Where did Bryson grow up?
(a) Bangor, Maine.
(b) Des Moines, Iowa.
(c) Butte, Montana.
(d) Columbus, Ohio.
5. Who was the girl in Bryson's neighborhood that everyone wanted to see naked?
(a) Cheryl Meyers.
(b) Susie MacKenzie.
(c) Mary O'Leary.
(d) Carolyn Westfall.
6. Why did Bryson hate going to the dentist?
(a) He was too slow.
(b) He had bad breath.
(c) He did not use Novocaine.
(d) He had a mean nurse.
7. Who tasted the albino Lincoln Logs?
(a) Mr. Milton.
(c) Milton Milton.
(d) Mr. Sipkowicz.
8. What type of exercise did Bryson's father practice?
(b) Weight lifting.
9. How did life in the 1950s make people feel?
(a) Everything was good.
(b) They were scared of another war.
(c) They lived as if there were no tomorrow.
(d) Danger lurked around every corner.
10. Where did Bryson get to accompany his father on business-related trips?
(a) Business openings.
(b) Printing plants.
(c) Major League ballgames.
11. In what year did the movie in #73 come out?
12. What was it about Bryson's Thunderbolt Kid outfit that caused laughter from the other kids?
(a) He wore his underpants over his jeans.
(b) He didn't wear any pants.
(c) He wore black socks and sandals.
(d) He had orange wings.
13. What appliance was treated like a treasured guest in the Bryson household?
(b) Electric can opener.
14. Who was the doctor who made a house call to tend to Bryson's head injury?
(a) Dr. Kerrigan.
(b) Dr. Alzheimer.
(c) Dr. Morton.
(d) Dr. Bigelow.
15. Where did Bryson like to accompany his father because there was always the chance of injury for excitement?
(a) The lumberyard.
(b) A car dealership.
(c) The auto mechanic shop.
(d) The race track.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Brysons spend Christmas of 1960?
2. Why did Bryson think that Sunday mornings were too long?
3. What disease was a major concern during the 1950s?
4. What was Bryson's father's job at the publication?
5. What could take Bryson a whole morning to do on the weekends?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)