|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what decade of American life did Bryson write in this book?
2. Who was President of the United States when Bryson was born?
(a) Harry Truman.
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) Dwight Eisenhower.
3. Who created the first television dinners?
(a) Marie Callendar's.
(b) Lean Cuisine.
(d) C.A. Swanson.
4. What was outlawed in almost every state?
(a) Lite beer.
(b) Panty raids.
(c) Various sexual acts.
5. What were Bryson's three uncles called?
(a) The Three Musketeers.
(b) The Trio of Terror.
(c) The Three Stooges.
(d) Three Blind Mice.
6. Where did Bryson grow up?
(a) Bangor, Maine.
(b) Des Moines, Iowa.
(c) Columbus, Ohio.
(d) Butte, Montana.
7. For what publication did Bryson's father work?
(a) The Columbus Disptach.
(b) The Des Moines Register.
(c) Sporting News.
(d) The Reader's Digest.
8. In what year did the movie in #73 come out?
9. What type of exercise did Bryson's father practice?
(a) Weight lifting.
10. Who was a person Bryson got to meet on one of these trips with his father?
(a) Lyndon Johnson.
(b) Ed Sullivan.
(c) Willie Mays.
(d) Captain Kangaroo.
11. What did Bryson say was a myth about childhood?
(a) Time goes by fast.
(b) Every day is an adventure.
(c) Any Christmas gift is the best.
(d) Every birthday is happy.
12. Who was Bryson's friend who lived across the alley and had good toys?
(a) Billy MacKenzie.
(b) Butch Cavanaugh.
(c) Buddy Doberman.
(d) Eddie Williams.
13. Who was the friend that Bryson went on the outing with?
(b) Milton Milton.
14. Why did Bryson think that Sunday mornings were too long?
(a) He had to go to church.
(b) He wasn't allowed to sleep in.
(c) He waited for the TV programs to start.
(d) He had to do his paper route.
15. What were household buying more than one of in the 1950s?
(a) Time Shares.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bryson's favorite candies were almost always made of ______________.
2. What did Bryson keep for years just for the sake of conversation?
3. Who was the doctor who made a house call to tend to Bryson's head injury?
4. What did the Thunderbolt Kid do to the man who drank out of Bryson's glass at Toddle House?
5. What word was not allowed on television in the 1950s?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)