|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Bryson like to accompany his father because there was always the chance of injury for excitement?
(a) A car dealership.
(b) The lumberyard.
(c) The auto mechanic shop.
(d) The race track.
2. What family attraction and vacation spot opened in 1955?
(c) Universal Studios.
(d) Six Flags.
3. What appliance was treated like a treasured guest in the Bryson household?
(d) Electric can opener.
4. America was at war with ____________ when Bryson was born.
5. In what year did the movie in #73 come out?
6. What were Bryson's three uncles called?
(a) Three Blind Mice.
(b) The Trio of Terror.
(c) The Three Stooges.
(d) The Three Musketeers.
7. Who was Bryson's brother?
8. Where did Bryson and his mother go every Friday?
(a) Dinner and a movie.
(b) The grocery.
(c) The library.
(d) To vist his grandma.
9. What was the name of the novelty and joke store Bryson used to frequent?
(b) Buzz's Place.
(c) Star City.
10. What was the main street of Bryson's hometown?
(a) Commerce Street.
(b) Wayne Avenue.
(c) Grand Avenue.
(d) Main Street.
11. What did Bryson, Buddy and Bill do to the Lincoln Logs to turn them white?
(a) Painted them.
(b) Urinated on them.
(c) Rubbed lemons on them.
(d) Soaked them in bleach.
12. What was the name of the store where Bryson bought penny candy?
(b) The Candy Shoppe.
(c) Sweet Sue's.
13. In what year was Bryson born?
14. What did Bryson and his friends make a little neighborhood kid eat once as an experiment?
(a) Kitty litter.
(b) Red berries in the backyard.
15. For what publication did Bryson's father work?
(a) Sporting News.
(b) The Reader's Digest.
(c) The Columbus Disptach.
(d) The Des Moines Register.
Short Answer Questions
1. By 1958, the average child in the United States carried ten times more _______________ than the year before.
2. About what decade of American life did Bryson write in this book?
3. What did the Thunderbolt Kid do to the man who drank out of Bryson's glass at Toddle House?
4. Where could Bryson sneak a peek at the magazine in #78?
5. Which state did the U.S. use as a test site?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)