|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was it about Bryson's Thunderbolt Kid outfit that caused laughter from the other kids?
(a) He wore black socks and sandals.
(b) He had orange wings.
(c) He wore his underpants over his jeans.
(d) He didn't wear any pants.
2. What was the main street of Bryson's hometown?
(a) Main Street.
(b) Wayne Avenue.
(c) Grand Avenue.
(d) Commerce Street.
3. America was at war with ____________ when Bryson was born.
4. What was Bryson's father's job at the publication?
(a) Sports writer.
(c) Managing editor.
5. Who was Bryson's sister?
6. Who liked to harass smaller children in town?
(a) The Butter boys.
(b) The Miller brothers.
(c) The Rogers boys.
(d) The Knapke twins.
7. What did Bryson's mother serve at every meal even though Bryson did not like it?
(c) Cottage cheese.
8. What did boys charge other boys for once they discovered them?
(a) X-rated movies.
(b) Risque postcards.
(c) Holes in walls where undressed women could be seen.
(d) Porn magazines.
9. What was a popular spot for kids to play in in the 1950s?
(b) Vacant lots.
(c) Pool halls.
10. Where did Bryson and his mother go every Friday?
(a) Dinner and a movie.
(b) To vist his grandma.
(c) The library.
(d) The grocery.
11. What was the name of the novelty and joke store Bryson used to frequent?
(b) Star City.
(c) Buzz's Place.
12. Bryson recalled a day in August of ____________ when he went on an outing with a friend and his family.
13. What unusual physical characteristic did Bryson's uncle have?
(a) A peg leg.
(b) A hole in his throat.
(c) One blue eye and one green eye.
(d) A streak of white hair in his black hair.
14. Who did Bryson think his real father must have been?
(a) Green Hornet.
(d) King Volton.
15. What super power did the Thunderbolt Kid use primarily?
(a) X-ray vision.
(b) Ability to shoot lasers from his fingers.
(c) Ability to leap tall buildings.
(d) Ability to fly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What precaution did kids in the 1950s not have to take?
2. Where did Bryson and his mother go for pie after the movies?
3. Bryson's favorite candies were almost always made of ______________.
4. Who was the Bryson family's dentist?
5. Where could Bryson sneak a peek at the magazine in #78?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)