|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what unusual place did Bryson's father practice his exercise?
(b) Bathroom stalls.
(c) Hardware stores.
2. What word was not allowed on television in the 1950s?
3. What were Bryson's three uncles called?
(a) Three Blind Mice.
(b) The Trio of Terror.
(c) The Three Stooges.
(d) The Three Musketeers.
4. Where did Bryson get to accompany his father on business-related trips?
(a) Major League ballgames.
(c) Business openings.
(d) Printing plants.
5. What did Bryson and his buddies do the girlie magazine's he found in his father's closet?
(a) Sold them.
(b) Tore out some pages.
(c) Highlighted certain images.
(d) Wrote balloon captions on them.
6. Who was the Bryson family's dentist?
(a) Dr. D.K. Brewster.
(b) Dr. Brock.
(c) Dr. E.W. Miller.
(d) Dr. Cavanaugh.
7. What did boys charge other boys for once they discovered them?
(a) Risque postcards.
(b) Porn magazines.
(c) Holes in walls where undressed women could be seen.
(d) X-rated movies.
8. What was it about Bryson's Thunderbolt Kid outfit that caused laughter from the other kids?
(a) He didn't wear any pants.
(b) He wore black socks and sandals.
(c) He wore his underpants over his jeans.
(d) He had orange wings.
9. What family attraction and vacation spot opened in 1955?
(c) Universal Studios.
(d) Six Flags.
10. The hydrogen bomb could have ignited all the ____________ in the world.
(a) carbon dioxide.
11. Who was the friend that Bryson went on the outing with?
(d) Milton Milton.
12. In what year was Bryson born?
13. What was the main street of Bryson's hometown?
(a) Commerce Street.
(b) Main Street.
(c) Wayne Avenue.
(d) Grand Avenue.
14. How did life in the 1950s make people feel?
(a) Danger lurked around every corner.
(b) They were scared of another war.
(c) They lived as if there were no tomorrow.
(d) Everything was good.
15. What became the joy of every family in the 1950s?
(c) Ice cream makers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Bryson like to accompany his father because there was always the chance of injury for excitement?
2. By 1958, the average child in the United States carried ten times more _______________ than the year before.
3. What did the Thunderbolt Kid do to the man who drank out of Bryson's glass at Toddle House?
4. Who did Bryson think his real father must have been?
5. What super power did the Thunderbolt Kid use primarily?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)