|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bryson keep for years just for the sake of conversation?
(a) Ball cards.
(c) Knee scars.
(d) Comic books.
2. Who did a huge belly flop off the diving board while on the outing?
(a) Milton Milton.
(b) Mr. Milton.
3. When did the United States explode a hydrogen bomb in the Eniwetok atoll?
(a) April 4, 1959.
(b) September 15, 1954.
(c) January 3, 1945.
(d) November 1, 1952.
4. In what month was Bryson born?
5. What was the name of the cafeteria where the Brysons enjoyed having meals?
6. Where did Bryson like to accompany his father because there was always the chance of injury for excitement?
(a) A car dealership.
(b) The race track.
(c) The lumberyard.
(d) The auto mechanic shop.
7. What was another fear for people in the 1950s?
(b) Fuel emissions.
(d) E Coli bacteria.
8. Which state did the U.S. use as a test site?
(b) South Dakota.
9. What did Bryson and his friends make a little neighborhood kid eat once as an experiment?
(c) Red berries in the backyard.
(d) Kitty litter.
10. What was Bryson's father's job at the publication?
(a) Sports writer.
(b) Managing editor.
11. Who was the girl in Bryson's neighborhood that everyone wanted to see naked?
(a) Cheryl Meyers.
(b) Susie MacKenzie.
(c) Carolyn Westfall.
(d) Mary O'Leary.
12. Who distributed fish tainted from the radioactive ash?
(a) Japanese fishermen.
(b) Malaysian shrimp boats.
(c) U.S. Navy.
(d) New England seafood companies.
13. America was at war with ____________ when Bryson was born.
14. What precaution did kids in the 1950s not have to take?
(a) Had cell phones and pagers.
(b) Wore seat belts in the car.
(c) They did not have to come inside when it got dark.
(d) Cupboards were not baby-proofed.
15. Where was a bigger bomb dropped on March 1, 1954?
(b) Bikini atoll.
(c) Pacific Ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Bryson get to accompany his father on business-related trips?
2. What magazine offered men and boys the chance to see naked women?
3. Why did Bryson hate going to the dentist?
4. What was the name of the store where Bryson bought penny candy?
5. Where did the Thunderbolt Kid get his powers?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)