|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bryson keep for years just for the sake of conversation?
(a) Ball cards.
(c) Knee scars.
(d) Comic books.
2. Who liked to harass smaller children in town?
(a) The Rogers boys.
(b) The Butter boys.
(c) The Miller brothers.
(d) The Knapke twins.
3. Who did a huge belly flop off the diving board while on the outing?
(a) Milton Milton.
(d) Mr. Milton.
4. What was the main street of Bryson's hometown?
(a) Grand Avenue.
(b) Main Street.
(c) Commerce Street.
(d) Wayne Avenue.
5. What family attraction and vacation spot opened in 1955?
(b) Six Flags.
(c) Universal Studios.
6. Who was the doctor who made a house call to tend to Bryson's head injury?
(a) Dr. Morton.
(b) Dr. Alzheimer.
(c) Dr. Kerrigan.
(d) Dr. Bigelow.
7. What movie did Bryson's sister decide they needed to see?
(a) Peyton Place.
(b) From Here to Eternity.
(c) Wild Like the Wind.
8. What craft looked like fun at first but ended up being messy and frustrating?
(b) Creepy Crawlers.
(c) Paint by Numbers.
(d) Building models.
9. Who was the friend that Bryson went on the outing with?
(a) Milton Milton.
10. What did Bryson and his friends make a little neighborhood kid eat once as an experiment?
(c) Kitty litter.
(d) Red berries in the backyard.
11. Who did Bryson think his real father must have been?
(a) King Volton.
(d) Green Hornet.
12. What was another fear for people in the 1950s?
(a) E Coli bacteria.
(b) Fuel emissions.
13. What type of exercise did Bryson's father practice?
(a) Weight lifting.
14. What unusual physical characteristic did Bryson's uncle have?
(a) A hole in his throat.
(b) A streak of white hair in his black hair.
(c) A peg leg.
(d) One blue eye and one green eye.
15. Bryson's favorite candies were almost always made of ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which state did the U.S. use as a test site?
2. Who was the girl in Bryson's neighborhood that everyone wanted to see naked?
3. What did Bryson, Buddy and Bill do to the Lincoln Logs to turn them white?
4. What became the joy of every family in the 1950s?
5. Where did Bryson get to accompany his father on business-related trips?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)