|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did the movie in #73 come out?
2. What did Bryson, Buddy and Bill do to the Lincoln Logs to turn them white?
(a) Painted them.
(b) Rubbed lemons on them.
(c) Soaked them in bleach.
(d) Urinated on them.
3. What publication did most boys need to rely on to seem partially clothed girls?
(a) Medical supply books.
(b) Mail order catalogs.
(d) National Geographic.
4. For what characteristic was Bryson's father known?
(a) He was a great dancer.
(b) He was artistic.
(c) He was a great bowler.
(d) He was cheap.
5. What did the Thunderbolt Kid do to the man who drank out of Bryson's glass at Toddle House?
(a) Tripped him and made him fall.
(b) Sent laster beams into his eyes.
(c) Sent bolts of electricity into his back.
(d) Pushed him off the stool.
6. Who was the Bryson family's dentist?
(a) Dr. E.W. Miller.
(b) Dr. Brock.
(c) Dr. Cavanaugh.
(d) Dr. D.K. Brewster.
7. Who was Bryson's sister?
8. Where did Bryson grow up?
(a) Des Moines, Iowa.
(b) Columbus, Ohio.
(c) Butte, Montana.
(d) Bangor, Maine.
9. In what unusual place did Bryson's father practice his exercise?
(a) Bathroom stalls.
(b) Hardware stores.
10. The hydrogen bomb could have ignited all the ____________ in the world.
(c) carbon dioxide.
11. Who did Bryson think his real father must have been?
(c) King Volton.
(d) Green Hornet.
12. What precaution did kids in the 1950s not have to take?
(a) Cupboards were not baby-proofed.
(b) Wore seat belts in the car.
(c) They did not have to come inside when it got dark.
(d) Had cell phones and pagers.
13. What was the name of the store where Bryson bought penny candy?
(a) Sweet Sue's.
(b) The Candy Shoppe.
14. Who was the Thunderbolt Kid?
(a) Bryson's arch enemy.
(b) Bryson's alter ego.
(c) Bryson's brother.
(d) Bryson's best friend.
15. What movie did Bryson's sister decide they needed to see?
(b) Wild Like the Wind.
(c) Peyton Place.
(d) From Here to Eternity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Brysons spend Christmas of 1960?
2. In what year was Bryson born?
3. How did Bryson injure his head when he was ten-years-old?
4. What craft looked like fun at first but ended up being messy and frustrating?
5. Who led a movement in trying to identify the element in #95?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)