|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What could take Bryson a whole morning to do on the weekends?
(a) Mowing the lawn.
(b) Lacing his shoes properly.
(c) Cleaning his room.
(d) Sweeping the garage.
2. What craft looked like fun at first but ended up being messy and frustrating?
(a) Paint by Numbers.
(b) Building models.
(d) Creepy Crawlers.
3. In what year did the movie in #73 come out?
4. What publication did most boys need to rely on to seem partially clothed girls?
(b) Medical supply books.
(c) National Geographic.
(d) Mail order catalogs.
5. What was the main street of Bryson's hometown?
(a) Wayne Avenue.
(b) Grand Avenue.
(c) Main Street.
(d) Commerce Street.
6. How did life in the 1950s make people feel?
(a) Everything was good.
(b) Danger lurked around every corner.
(c) They lived as if there were no tomorrow.
(d) They were scared of another war.
7. Who was President of the United States when Bryson was born?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) Dwight Eisenhower.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) Harry Truman.
8. In what year was Bryson born?
9. What type of exercise did Bryson's father practice?
(b) Weight lifting.
10. Who was the friend that Bryson went on the outing with?
(b) Milton Milton.
11. In what city did Bryson's mother's relatives live?
(b) San Diego.
12. America was at war with ____________ when Bryson was born.
13. What became the joy of every family in the 1950s?
(d) Ice cream makers.
14. Who was the doctor who made a house call to tend to Bryson's head injury?
(a) Dr. Morton.
(b) Dr. Alzheimer.
(c) Dr. Kerrigan.
(d) Dr. Bigelow.
15. Who was Bryson's friend who lived across the alley and had good toys?
(a) Butch Cavanaugh.
(b) Eddie Williams.
(c) Billy MacKenzie.
(d) Buddy Doberman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tasted the albino Lincoln Logs?
2. For what characteristic was Bryson's father known?
3. Who created the first television dinners?
4. Where did Bryson and his mother go for pie after the movies?
5. How did Bryson injure his head when he was ten-years-old?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)