|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was it about Bryson's Thunderbolt Kid outfit that caused laughter from the other kids?
(a) He wore his underpants over his jeans.
(b) He had orange wings.
(c) He didn't wear any pants.
(d) He wore black socks and sandals.
2. What was the name of the cafeteria where the Brysons enjoyed having meals?
3. What disease was a major concern during the 1950s?
4. What type of exercise did Bryson's father practice?
(d) Weight lifting.
5. In what state did the military begin testing atomic bombs?
6. What was the area set apart in the grocery where kids could read while their parents shopped?
(a) Little Shoppers.
(b) Kiddie Corral.
(c) Tot Shop.
(d) Little Library.
7. Why could men and boys not see the magazine in #78?
(a) It was too expensive.
(b) Their wives would kill them.
(c) It was embarrassing to ask for it.
(d) It was illegal to buy it.
8. Who did a huge belly flop off the diving board while on the outing?
(b) Milton Milton.
(c) Mr. Milton.
9. How many children under the age of 12 were living in the mid-1950s in America?
(a) 7 million.
(c) 32 million.
(d) 123 million.
10. When did the United States explode a hydrogen bomb in the Eniwetok atoll?
(a) January 3, 1945.
(b) April 4, 1959.
(c) November 1, 1952.
(d) September 15, 1954.
11. Where did Bryson like to accompany his father because there was always the chance of injury for excitement?
(a) The lumberyard.
(b) The race track.
(c) The auto mechanic shop.
(d) A car dealership.
12. What was another fear for people in the 1950s?
(a) Fuel emissions.
(d) E Coli bacteria.
13. Who was Bryson's sister?
14. What did Bryson name the green jersey with the golden thunderbolt on the chest?
(a) Sacred Jersey of Zap.
(b) Bryson's Bolt Brigade.
(c) Zip Zag Zap.
(d) Invisibility cloak.
15. What was the repercussion of underground bomb tests?
(a) Huge craters.
(b) Sunken mines.
(c) Destroyed phone lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Thunderbolt Kid get his powers?
2. What was the name of the store where Bryson bought penny candy?
3. The hydrogen bomb could have ignited all the ____________ in the world.
4. Who was President of the United States when Bryson was born?
5. How did life in the 1950s make people feel?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)