|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Bryson's brother?
2. What was another fear for people in the 1950s?
(a) Fuel emissions.
(b) E Coli bacteria.
3. What kind of kit did Bryson get for Christmas one year that was disappointing?
(a) Erector set.
(b) Artist kit.
(c) Doctor bag.
(d) Chemistry set.
4. What did Bryson and his friends make a little neighborhood kid eat once as an experiment?
(a) Red berries in the backyard.
(b) Kitty litter.
5. Where did the Thunderbolt Kid get his powers?
(a) Bryson gave him the powers.
(b) From the Greek Gods.
(c) From a spell cast by his favorite teacher.
(d) Bryson was not sure.
6. For what publication did Bryson's father work?
(a) The Columbus Disptach.
(b) The Des Moines Register.
(c) The Reader's Digest.
(d) Sporting News.
7. Who was a person Bryson got to meet on one of these trips with his father?
(a) Willie Mays.
(b) Ed Sullivan.
(c) Lyndon Johnson.
(d) Captain Kangaroo.
8. Who was President of the United States when Bryson was born?
(a) Dwight Eisenhower.
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) Harry Truman.
9. What did boys charge other boys for once they discovered them?
(a) Risque postcards.
(b) Holes in walls where undressed women could be seen.
(c) Porn magazines.
(d) X-rated movies.
10. What did Bryson's parents tell him his mother was doing when he came upon them having sex one afternoon?
(a) Changing the bedding.
(b) Checking his father's teeth.
(c) Testing out a new mattress.
(d) Looking for dirty socks.
11. Why could men and boys not see the magazine in #78?
(a) Their wives would kill them.
(b) It was illegal to buy it.
(c) It was too expensive.
(d) It was embarrassing to ask for it.
12. What did Bryson name the green jersey with the golden thunderbolt on the chest?
(a) Bryson's Bolt Brigade.
(b) Invisibility cloak.
(c) Zip Zag Zap.
(d) Sacred Jersey of Zap.
13. What appliance was treated like a treasured guest in the Bryson household?
(a) Electric can opener.
14. Bryson's favorite candies were almost always made of ______________.
15. In what city did Bryson's mother's relatives live?
(b) San Diego.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children under the age of 12 were living in the mid-1950s in America?
2. Which state did the U.S. use as a test site?
3. What super power did the Thunderbolt Kid use primarily?
4. Where did Bryson like to accompany his father because there was always the chance of injury for excitement?
5. Where did the Brysons visit during their trip to the state in #59?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)