|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Bryson born?
2. Who was the friend that Bryson went on the outing with?
(d) Milton Milton.
3. Who liked to harass smaller children in town?
(a) The Butter boys.
(b) The Miller brothers.
(c) The Knapke twins.
(d) The Rogers boys.
4. What movie did Bryson's sister decide they needed to see?
(a) Wild Like the Wind.
(c) From Here to Eternity.
(d) Peyton Place.
5. Where could Bryson sneak a peek at the magazine in #78?
(a) The trunk of the car.
(b) His father's dresser drawer.
(c) The pharmacy.
(d) A drawer in the garage.
6. What publication did most boys need to rely on to seem partially clothed girls?
(a) National Geographic.
(b) Medical supply books.
(d) Mail order catalogs.
7. For what characteristic was Bryson's father known?
(a) He was a great bowler.
(b) He was a great dancer.
(c) He was cheap.
(d) He was artistic.
8. What super power did the Thunderbolt Kid use primarily?
(a) X-ray vision.
(b) Ability to fly.
(c) Ability to shoot lasers from his fingers.
(d) Ability to leap tall buildings.
9. America was at war with ____________ when Bryson was born.
10. Who distributed fish tainted from the radioactive ash?
(a) Japanese fishermen.
(b) New England seafood companies.
(c) Malaysian shrimp boats.
(d) U.S. Navy.
11. What craft looked like fun at first but ended up being messy and frustrating?
(a) Creepy Crawlers.
(b) Building models.
(d) Paint by Numbers.
12. What did Bryson and his friends make a little neighborhood kid eat once as an experiment?
(a) Red berries in the backyard.
(d) Kitty litter.
13. What family attraction and vacation spot opened in 1955?
(a) Universal Studios.
(d) Six Flags.
14. Who was the Bryson family's dentist?
(a) Dr. Brock.
(b) Dr. Cavanaugh.
(c) Dr. D.K. Brewster.
(d) Dr. E.W. Miller.
15. By 1958, the average child in the United States carried ten times more _______________ than the year before.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unusual physical characteristic did Bryson's uncle have?
2. Who tasted the albino Lincoln Logs?
3. What were household buying more than one of in the 1950s?
4. Where did Bryson get to accompany his father on business-related trips?
5. What kind of kit did Bryson get for Christmas one year that was disappointing?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)