|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was something that Bryson's mother tended to forget?
(a) Her kids' birthdays.
(b) Where she put her keys.
(c) The safe combination.
(d) Driving directions.
2. Where did the Thunderbolt Kid get his powers?
(a) From a spell cast by his favorite teacher.
(b) Bryson gave him the powers.
(c) Bryson was not sure.
(d) From the Greek Gods.
3. What word was not allowed on television in the 1950s?
4. What was the name of the cafeteria where the Brysons enjoyed having meals?
5. The hydrogen bomb could have ignited all the ____________ in the world.
(d) carbon dioxide.
6. Who was the friend that Bryson went on the outing with?
(a) Milton Milton.
7. For what characteristic was Bryson's father known?
(a) He was a great dancer.
(b) He was a great bowler.
(c) He was artistic.
(d) He was cheap.
8. What super power did the Thunderbolt Kid use primarily?
(a) Ability to leap tall buildings.
(b) Ability to shoot lasers from his fingers.
(c) X-ray vision.
(d) Ability to fly.
9. What family attraction and vacation spot opened in 1955?
(a) Six Flags.
(c) Universal Studios.
10. Where did Bryson grow up?
(a) Butte, Montana.
(b) Des Moines, Iowa.
(c) Bangor, Maine.
(d) Columbus, Ohio.
11. Who did a huge belly flop off the diving board while on the outing?
(a) Milton Milton.
(b) Mr. Milton.
12. What craft looked like fun at first but ended up being messy and frustrating?
(a) Creepy Crawlers.
(c) Building models.
(d) Paint by Numbers.
13. Who was President of the United States when Bryson was born?
(a) Dwight Eisenhower.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) John F. Kennedy.
(d) Harry Truman.
14. Where did Bryson get to accompany his father on business-related trips?
(a) Business openings.
(c) Major League ballgames.
(d) Printing plants.
15. In what ocean is the Eniwetok atoll located?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the United States explode a hydrogen bomb in the Eniwetok atoll?
2. What did Bryson's parents tell him his mother was doing when he came upon them having sex one afternoon?
3. Who distributed fish tainted from the radioactive ash?
4. Who was the doctor who made a house call to tend to Bryson's head injury?
5. How many children under the age of 12 were living in the mid-1950s in America?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)