|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was something that Bryson's mother tended to forget?
(a) The safe combination.
(b) Driving directions.
(c) Where she put her keys.
(d) Her kids' birthdays.
2. What was the repercussion of underground bomb tests?
(a) Sunken mines.
(c) Destroyed phone lines.
(d) Huge craters.
3. What disease was a major concern during the 1950s?
4. Bryson's favorite candies were almost always made of ______________.
5. Where did Bryson get to accompany his father on business-related trips?
(a) Major League ballgames.
(b) Printing plants.
(d) Business openings.
6. Where did the Brysons spend Christmas of 1960?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(d) New York.
7. Who was Bryson's sister?
8. Where did Bryson go on the outing with his friend and his family?
(a) Lake Ahquabi.
(b) Lake Ontario.
(c) Lake Tahoe.
9. Who tasted the albino Lincoln Logs?
(a) Mr. Sipkowicz.
(b) Milton Milton.
(c) Mr. Milton.
10. What family attraction and vacation spot opened in 1955?
(b) Universal Studios.
(d) Six Flags.
11. What did Bryson and his friends make a little neighborhood kid eat once as an experiment?
(b) Red berries in the backyard.
(c) Kitty litter.
12. What was the main street of Bryson's hometown?
(a) Main Street.
(b) Grand Avenue.
(c) Wayne Avenue.
(d) Commerce Street.
13. Who was the Bryson family's dentist?
(a) Dr. D.K. Brewster.
(b) Dr. E.W. Miller.
(c) Dr. Brock.
(d) Dr. Cavanaugh.
14. What super power did the Thunderbolt Kid use primarily?
(a) Ability to leap tall buildings.
(b) Ability to fly.
(c) X-ray vision.
(d) Ability to shoot lasers from his fingers.
15. In what year was Bryson born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did a huge belly flop off the diving board while on the outing?
2. In what state did the military begin testing atomic bombs?
3. What movie did Bryson's sister decide they needed to see?
4. What was outlawed in almost every state?
5. What was a household item that people were buying in the 1950s?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)