|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state did the military begin testing atomic bombs?
2. What family attraction and vacation spot opened in 1955?
(c) Six Flags.
(d) Universal Studios.
3. Who did Bryson think his real father must have been?
(b) Green Hornet.
(d) King Volton.
4. Where did Bryson grow up?
(a) Bangor, Maine.
(b) Columbus, Ohio.
(c) Butte, Montana.
(d) Des Moines, Iowa.
5. Who was Bryson's brother?
6. Where did Bryson and his mother go for pie after the movies?
(a) Toddle House.
(c) Waffle House.
7. Where did the Brysons visit during their trip to the state in #59?
(a) The White House.
(c) Universal Studios.
(d) The Empire State Building.
8. What precaution did kids in the 1950s not have to take?
(a) Wore seat belts in the car.
(b) Had cell phones and pagers.
(c) They did not have to come inside when it got dark.
(d) Cupboards were not baby-proofed.
9. Bryson recalled a day in August of ____________ when he went on an outing with a friend and his family.
10. About what decade of American life did Bryson write in this book?
11. What type of exercise did Bryson's father practice?
(a) Weight lifting.
12. What was the area set apart in the grocery where kids could read while their parents shopped?
(a) Tot Shop.
(b) Little Shoppers.
(c) Little Library.
(d) Kiddie Corral.
13. By 1958, the average child in the United States carried ten times more _______________ than the year before.
14. Who liked to harass smaller children in town?
(a) The Butter boys.
(b) The Miller brothers.
(c) The Knapke twins.
(d) The Rogers boys.
15. What became the joy of every family in the 1950s?
(a) Ice cream makers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Bryson born?
2. What did Bryson's parents tell him his mother was doing when he came upon them having sex one afternoon?
3. What kind of kit did Bryson get for Christmas one year that was disappointing?
4. What was Bryson's father's job at the publication?
5. In what city did Bryson's mother's relatives live?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)