|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ were posted at every date with orders to shoot anyone outside of the wire at the walls.
2. The camp where Michael K was kept was built on the old ___________ at the edge of town.
3. The camp technically wasn't a _________, but Michael K also wasn't allowed to leave.
4. When Noel asked Michael K about the ________, Michael K said that it belonged to no one else but the earth.
5. During what part of the camp's training did Michael K collapse which caused him to be taken to a doctor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did K like to hold against himself when he was lying in bed though he was not recovering?
2. What did K tell Captain Noel when the captain asked him about his garden?
3. What are some of the things which are added to the refugee camps in order to make them internment camps?
4. What did the guard say when he was asked why K had even been a part of the training?
5. What do Captain Noel and the doctor decide to do with K after they realize he did not do anything?
6. What was the doctor's reasoning behind feeling that K was innocent of the charges?
7. Why did the doctor want the captain to discharge Michael out of the camp?
8. What did K refuse to do when he was put in with the regular refugees at the camp?
9. What did K tell the doctor when the doctor asks him if he is fasting during his stay at the camp?
10. What were some of the signs of K's poor condition when he collapsed during physical training?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The trip that Anna and Michael make exhausts both of them.
Part 1: Do you think Anna and Michael should have attempted the trip at all? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think Anna would have died had she stayed where she was before the trip? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think Michael should have pushed Anna to travel in the way she did? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Michael's mother is repulsed by the way her son looks when he is born.
Part 1: Why do you think Michael's mother can't get past the idea of his hare lip?
Part 2: Do you think a mother should love their child unconditionally? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think Michael's mother's reaction affected him in his life? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Michael seems to have a lot of troubles with feelings of depression, especially after the death of his mother.
Part 1: Why do you think Michael becomes so despondent after the death of his mother?
Part 2: Do you think Michael is capable of surviving and thriving on his own? Why or why not?
Part 3: How might you react after the death of a parent? Why?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)