|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The grandson ranted against the _________ and gave Michael K suggestions on what he should plant.
2. The grandson admits to Michael K that he is a deserter of the ________.
3. Michael K collapsed during the training after suffering from labored breathing and a low ____________.
4. What did Michael K only do sparingly so as not to call attention to his good and his new home?
5. Michael K learns of men on the mountains who come out at night to disrupt the government villages, called ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What news did K not seem very interested in when the doctor told him this information?
2. What was the name that was given to Michael by the Captain, even though Michael tried to explain what his actual name was?
3. What did K tell the doctor when the doctor asks him if he is fasting during his stay at the camp?
4. Where was K admitted for medical assistance during the first part of this chapter?
5. What did the doctor think K's mother's influence was on K's current habit of not eating any food?
6. What did K refuse to do when he was put in with the regular refugees at the camp?
7. What did K like to hold against himself when he was lying in bed though he was not recovering?
8. What were some the accusations that K was facing, according to Captain Noel when he speaks to the doctor?
9. Why did the doctor want the captain to discharge Michael out of the camp?
10. What did the guard say when he was asked why K had even been a part of the training?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Michael was attacked when he was working nights, so he switched to days in order to be safer.
Part 1: Do you think Michael's condition made him an easier target for violence? Why or why not?
Part 2: Should Michael even be working on his own? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think Michael's switch to a new job proves he is strong or that he is weak? Why?
Essay Topic 2
K decides he does not want to be a servant so he leaves and finds a cave to live in.
Part 1: Why do you think K decided not to be a servant?
Part 2: Do you think the servant job might have been a good idea for K? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think you would be a servant for someone else? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In the end, K had no shame in being simple and being a drifter in life.
Part 1: Do you think K was truly happy with the way his life turned out? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you believe that K died at the end of the book? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think that perhaps death is the truest form of freedom? Why or why not?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)