|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The camp where Michael K was at was patrolled by __________ which were police with blue berets.
2. The grandson questioned Michael K about his ________ and asked why the house was not stocked for his arrival.
3. Captain Noel wanted the doctor to speed up the __________ process, even though the doctor was hesitant.
4. The hunger pangs that Michael K was feeling finally went away and K was able to empty his _________.
5. The ________ shop in Prince Albert mysteriously exploded and fire spread in the town.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did K like to hold against himself when he was lying in bed though he was not recovering?
2. What news did K not seem very interested in when the doctor told him this information?
3. What did K refuse to do when he was put in with the regular refugees at the camp?
4. What did K tell the doctor when the doctor asks him if he is fasting during his stay at the camp?
5. What is the doctor's explanation of K's refusal to eat camp food during his stay at the camp?
6. What are some of the things which are added to the refugee camps in order to make them internment camps?
7. What did the guard say when he was asked why K had even been a part of the training?
8. What were some of the signs of K's poor condition when he collapsed during physical training?
9. What do Captain Noel and the doctor decide to do with K after they realize he did not do anything?
10. What was the doctor's reasoning behind feeling that K was innocent of the charges?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Michael decides to not eat for a while, mainly because he can not, and then realizes he is still strong.
Part 1: Why do you think Michael didn't make eating more of a priority?
Part 2: Do you think Michael could have gotten his life together more easily if he had taken the time to eat?
Part 3: How do you think you would feel after not eating for days or weeks on end?
Essay Topic 2
The doctor wonders if K no seeking independence sooner from his mother has caused him to crave freedom now at all costs.
Part 1: Do you agree with the assessment of the doctor? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think every human being craves freedom? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you enjoy freedom in your daily life today?
Essay Topic 3
In the end, K had no shame in being simple and being a drifter in life.
Part 1: Do you think K was truly happy with the way his life turned out? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you believe that K died at the end of the book? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think that perhaps death is the truest form of freedom? Why or why not?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)