|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The __________ explained that everyone was in the war, whether they wanted to be or not.
2. The captain decide that the refugees were ungrateful _________ and that they would starve as a result of the explosion.
3. Michael K gave another man half of his wages in order to help him support his ____________.
4. The grandson ranted against the _________ and gave Michael K suggestions on what he should plant.
5. Michael K made strange statements that make the doctor believe his ________ is dead.
Short Essay Questions
1. What enraged the doctor during the interrogation of Michael after there were more attacks on Prince Albert?
2. What did K like to hold against himself when he was lying in bed though he was not recovering?
3. What did the doctor think K's biggest mistake was in his life?
4. What did K refuse to do when he was put in with the regular refugees at the camp?
5. What were some the accusations that K was facing, according to Captain Noel when he speaks to the doctor?
6. What was the doctor's reasoning behind feeling that K was innocent of the charges?
7. What did the doctor think K's mother's influence was on K's current habit of not eating any food?
8. What were some of the signs of K's poor condition when he collapsed during physical training?
9. What was medically wrong with K when he was admitted into the medical ward?
10. How did anyone know that the camp where Michael was at was once a racetrack?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
K decides that once he escapes from the camp he wants a home, but not one that he was bound to.
Part 1: How do you think K believes a life should be led?
Part 2: Why do you think K does not want to be bound to his home?
Part 3: Do you think you can want a home and yet not be bound to one? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Michael has decided that it is his duty to take care of his mother, not a burden.
Part 1: Why do you think Michael decides taking care of his mom is a duty?
Part 2: Do you agree that taking care of your parent is the duty of every child? Why or why not?
Part 3: How might Anna have fared without the help of Michael?
Essay Topic 3
K hadn't complained to the guard about being hungry, which is why he was sent to do strenuous exercise even though he should not have.
Part 1: Why do you think that K never complained?
Part 2: Do you think you would have complained if you were in K's situation? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think the guard should have realized K was in bad shape? Why or why not?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)