|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Michael K was not interested in the __________ that the doctor proposed in order to help him.
2. The doctor believes that Michael is too ________ to have been helping the rebels.
3. Michael K decided to find another cave, one that was higher up and closer to the ________ line.
4. A man speaks to Michael K about a town called __________ desired the refugees in the camp, though they were still relying on the cheap labor.
5. The __________ explained that everyone was in the war, whether they wanted to be or not.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the guard say when he was asked why K had even been a part of the training?
2. What is the doctor's explanation of K's refusal to eat camp food during his stay at the camp?
3. What are some of the things which are added to the refugee camps in order to make them internment camps?
4. What was the doctor's reasoning behind feeling that K was innocent of the charges?
5. What did the doctor think K's biggest mistake was in his life?
6. What news did K not seem very interested in when the doctor told him this information?
7. Why did the doctor want the captain to discharge Michael out of the camp?
8. What did K refuse to do when he was put in with the regular refugees at the camp?
9. What did K tell the doctor when the doctor asks him if he is fasting during his stay at the camp?
10. What enraged the doctor during the interrogation of Michael after there were more attacks on Prince Albert?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Michael decides to not eat for a while, mainly because he can not, and then realizes he is still strong.
Part 1: Why do you think Michael didn't make eating more of a priority?
Part 2: Do you think Michael could have gotten his life together more easily if he had taken the time to eat?
Part 3: How do you think you would feel after not eating for days or weeks on end?
Essay Topic 2
K began to live a life in which he could make all of the decisions whether to eat or to sleep, work or not work.
Part 1: Do you think K found the absolute freedom he longed for? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think you would enjoy the type of life K begins to lead? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you define total freedom? Why?
Essay Topic 3
The camp's accommodations become worse once the Captain is in charge.
Part 1: Why do you think the Captain seemingly doesn't care about the welfare of the campers?
Part 2: Do you think the Captain should have been nicer to the campers? Why or why not?
Part 3: What do you think the Captain's goals for the camp and its inhabitants really were?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)