|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Michael K unable to procure a ticket to get him and his mother to another city?
2. What did Michael K end up eating from the ground because he was getting dizzy?
3. Where did Michael K and his mother sleep when he began to realize it might take days for them to reach Prince Albert?
4. What was Michael K in charge of cleaning when he was a night attendant for the parks service?
5. The nurses at the hospital ___________ to let Michael K stay with his mother overnight in the ward.
Short Essay Questions
1. What had been Anna's job for eight years when she was in Sea Point at the Cote d'Azur apartments?
2. What did K decide to do when he could not get any more garden work after the death of his mother?
3. Where was Michael taken when he was found wandering the roads without papers?
4. What was K going to do with the money that Anna had saved up over the years?
5. What kind of job did K get when he left school at the age of 15 in the book?
6. Why weren't Michael and his mother allowed to travel through a checkpoint?
7. What did Michael K's deformity cause him trouble with when he was just a baby?
8. What did K have to fend off in the morning after he and his mother spent the night sleeping in some undergrowth?
9. Why didn't K mind the extra burden of taking care of his mother when she was in failing health?
10. What kind of deformity was Michael K born with which repulses his mother when she looks at him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Michael was often isolated from other children when he was growing up as his mother kept him away from other children.
Part 1: Why do you think Michael's mother kept him away from other children?
Part 2: Do you agree that Michael should have been kept away from other children? Why or why not?
Part 3: How might a child be affected by being kept alone for long periods of time?
Essay Topic 2
The trip that Anna and Michael make exhausts both of them.
Part 1: Do you think Anna and Michael should have attempted the trip at all? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think Anna would have died had she stayed where she was before the trip? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think Michael should have pushed Anna to travel in the way she did? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Michael's mother is repulsed by the way her son looks when he is born.
Part 1: Why do you think Michael's mother can't get past the idea of his hare lip?
Part 2: Do you think a mother should love their child unconditionally? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think Michael's mother's reaction affected him in his life? Why?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)