|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ________ line of Michael's mouth ensured that his mouth would never close completely.
2. The nurses at the hospital ___________ to let Michael K stay with his mother overnight in the ward.
3. What had Anna saved in order to help her and Michael K get to the city where she wants to be?
4. What was wrong with Anna that Michael K decided that she needed to be taken to a hospital?
5. How old was Michael K when he was able to leave school and get a job that paid him money?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did K enjoy working in solitude during his time with the parks and garden department?
2. What happened after K ate the goat that took him such a long time to kill?
3. What did Michael decide to use in order to move his mother around, eventually taking her to her beloved destination?
4. What hindered K and Anna's movements after there were a number of riots in the area?
5. What happened to Anna the day after she was taken to the hospital with a fever?
6. Where was Michael taken when he was found wandering the roads without papers?
7. What had been Anna's job for eight years when she was in Sea Point at the Cote d'Azur apartments?
8. What did Michael K's deformity cause him trouble with when he was just a baby?
9. Why did K go back to working days for the parks and gardens after working nights for a time?
10. What did K have to fend off in the morning after he and his mother spent the night sleeping in some undergrowth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The camp's accommodations become worse once the Captain is in charge.
Part 1: Why do you think the Captain seemingly doesn't care about the welfare of the campers?
Part 2: Do you think the Captain should have been nicer to the campers? Why or why not?
Part 3: What do you think the Captain's goals for the camp and its inhabitants really were?
Essay Topic 2
In the end, K had no shame in being simple and being a drifter in life.
Part 1: Do you think K was truly happy with the way his life turned out? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you believe that K died at the end of the book? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think that perhaps death is the truest form of freedom? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Michael decides to break into his old work in order to steal a wheelbarrow to move his mother from place to place.
Part 1: Why do you think Michael decided he needed to steal the wheelbarrow instead of asking for it or buying it?
Part 2: Do you think it's ever right to steal? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you agree with the decision Michael made about the wheelbarrow? Why or why not?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)