|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did K go in order to steal the parts he felt he needed to make a makeshift seat for his mother to travel in?
2. What had Anna saved in order to help her and Michael K get to the city where she wants to be?
3. Where did K pay his rent though he said that he would not be coming back?
4. After the accident, it seems that travel was restricted to the ___________ by the order of the police and government.
5. What would the hospital NOT give to Michael K's mother, even though she desperately needed it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened after K ate the goat that took him such a long time to kill?
2. What had been Anna's job for eight years when she was in Sea Point at the Cote d'Azur apartments?
3. What hindered K and Anna's movements after there were a number of riots in the area?
4. Why didn't K mind the extra burden of taking care of his mother when she was in failing health?
5. What was one of the terrible things the hospital did not do when they released K's mother?
6. What happened to Anna the day after she was taken to the hospital with a fever?
7. What happened one day at the Buhrmann's apartment while Anna and K were trying to live there?
8. What did Michael K's deformity cause him trouble with when he was just a baby?
9. What kind of job did K get when he left school at the age of 15 in the book?
10. Why weren't Michael and his mother allowed to travel through a checkpoint?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Michael's mother is repulsed by the way her son looks when he is born.
Part 1: Why do you think Michael's mother can't get past the idea of his hare lip?
Part 2: Do you think a mother should love their child unconditionally? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think Michael's mother's reaction affected him in his life? Why?
Essay Topic 2
K decides that once he escapes from the camp he wants a home, but not one that he was bound to.
Part 1: How do you think K believes a life should be led?
Part 2: Why do you think K does not want to be bound to his home?
Part 3: Do you think you can want a home and yet not be bound to one? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Michael has decided that it is his duty to take care of his mother, not a burden.
Part 1: Why do you think Michael decides taking care of his mom is a duty?
Part 2: Do you agree that taking care of your parent is the duty of every child? Why or why not?
Part 3: How might Anna have fared without the help of Michael?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)