|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michael K loved spending time _____________ when he was allowed to do so during the day.
(a) Basking in the sun.
(c) Reading books.
2. Michael K learns of men on the mountains who come out at night to disrupt the government villages, called ____________.
(c) Ghost men.
3. Michael K used to get cold at night and would complain about being made _________.
4. What was Michael K too weak to fight off, so it was inserted into his body to help him feel better?
(a) Nose cannula.
(b) Food drip.
(c) A banana bag.
(d) A screw in his head.
5. Michael K disguised the entrance of his dwelling so that it could not be seen from the __________.
(c) Military post.
Short Answer Questions
1. The hunger pangs that Michael K was feeling finally went away and K was able to empty his _________.
2. The camp where Michael K was kept was built on the old ___________ at the edge of town.
3. What is the name of the rehabilitation camp where Michael K ends up in Cape Town?
4. During what part of the camp's training did Michael K collapse which caused him to be taken to a doctor?
5. A man speaks to Michael K about a town called __________ desired the refugees in the camp, though they were still relying on the cheap labor.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the guard say when he was asked why K had even been a part of the training?
2. What did K tell the doctor when the doctor asks him if he is fasting during his stay at the camp?
3. What are some of the things which are added to the refugee camps in order to make them internment camps?
4. What did K like to hold against himself when he was lying in bed though he was not recovering?
5. Where was K admitted for medical assistance during the first part of this chapter?
6. What enraged the doctor during the interrogation of Michael after there were more attacks on Prince Albert?
7. What do Captain Noel and the doctor decide to do with K after they realize he did not do anything?
8. How did anyone know that the camp where Michael was at was once a racetrack?
9. What news did K not seem very interested in when the doctor told him this information?
10. What was the name that was given to Michael by the Captain, even though Michael tried to explain what his actual name was?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)