|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The doctor pleaded with Captain Noel to __________ and let Michael K go.
(a) Get over it.
(b) Create death orders.
(c) Ignore Michael K.
(d) Make up a story.
2. Captain Noel wanted the doctor to speed up the __________ process, even though the doctor was hesitant.
3. During what part of the camp's training did Michael K collapse which caused him to be taken to a doctor?
4. Michael K was put in with the ___________ refugees unfortunately and returned after two days.
5. What did Michael K realize would wash through his new dwelling though he didn't care?
(a) A hard rain.
(b) A wind.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Michael K decide to live after leaving the farmhouse where he had been staying?
2. Who asked Michael K about his face and even shared his lunch with K?
3. What did Michael K only do sparingly so as not to call attention to his good and his new home?
4. A man speaks to Michael K about a town called __________ desired the refugees in the camp, though they were still relying on the cheap labor.
5. Michael K met a man named _______ who had been kicked off his farm and detained from his family.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the doctor's explanation of K's refusal to eat camp food during his stay at the camp?
2. What are some of the things which are added to the refugee camps in order to make them internment camps?
3. What news did K not seem very interested in when the doctor told him this information?
4. What did K refuse to do when he was put in with the regular refugees at the camp?
5. What did K like to hold against himself when he was lying in bed though he was not recovering?
6. How did anyone know that the camp where Michael was at was once a racetrack?
7. What were some the accusations that K was facing, according to Captain Noel when he speaks to the doctor?
8. What were some of the signs of K's poor condition when he collapsed during physical training?
9. Why did the doctor want the captain to discharge Michael out of the camp?
10. What do Captain Noel and the doctor decide to do with K after they realize he did not do anything?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)