|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Michael K notice about himself even though he had not eaten in a few days?
(a) He still had his strength.
(b) He was going crazy.
(c) He was hungry.
(d) He was not hungry.
2. Where does K go instead of going to work the day after his mother tells him that she wants to move?
(a) A store.
(b) Train station.
(c) The border crossing.
(d) The hospital.
3. Michael was not judged to be smart enough for regular school, so he was sent to a special _______ institution.
4. For whose department did Michael K work when he was finally able to find work?
(a) White House.
(b) Prince Albert.
(c) Point Arena.
(d) Cape Town.
5. What is NOT one of the things Michael learned while he attended the special school he did?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did K try to salvage once he realized that the people who lived above them had left the building as well?
2. What did Michael K begin to do as he become more and more despondent about his situation?
3. What did Michael K decide to abandon after his encounter with the soldier who took from him?
4. Where did Michael K sleep when he could not find any gardening work after the death of his mother?
5. Who is repulsed by the physical deformity that Michael K has?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened after K ate the goat that took him such a long time to kill?
2. Why weren't Michael and his mother allowed to travel through a checkpoint?
3. What kind of job did K get when he left school at the age of 15 in the book?
4. Why did K enjoy working in solitude during his time with the parks and garden department?
5. What happened to Anna the day after she was taken to the hospital with a fever?
6. What did K have to fend off in the morning after he and his mother spent the night sleeping in some undergrowth?
7. What did Michael decide to use in order to move his mother around, eventually taking her to her beloved destination?
8. Where was Michael taken when he was found wandering the roads without papers?
9. What did K tell Visagie's grandson when he arrived at the farmhouse unexpectedly where K was staying?
10. Why did K go back to working days for the parks and gardens after working nights for a time?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)