|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Michael K begin to do as he become more and more despondent about his situation?
(a) Eat more.
(b) Sleep more.
(c) Sell his possessions.
2. How did Michael K's mother feed her son since he could not breast feed or bottle feed?
(a) A rag.
(b) By spoon.
(c) A cup.
(d) She didn't.
3. Michael K was fed by some strangers, but the children continued to stare at his __________.
(a) Long hair.
(c) Long fingernails.
(d) Emaciated body.
4. The nurses at the hospital ___________ to let Michael K stay with his mother overnight in the ward.
(b) Were willing.
(d) Would not willing.
5. How long was it by car to travel to Prince Albert, according to Michael K's estimations?
(a) A day.
(b) A week.
(c) 5 hours.
(d) 4 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anna feel a connection to the town she wants to move to, as answered in #25?
2. Eventually, Michael K found a ____________ and ate until he was sick.
3. What had collapsed, leaving the train track covered in rocks and other pieces of debris?
4. What did Anna's employers allow her to go on once she became ill?
5. What did Michael K add to the cart in order to protect her from the worst of the weather?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did K go back to working days for the parks and gardens after working nights for a time?
2. What happened after K ate the goat that took him such a long time to kill?
3. What did K tell Visagie's grandson when he arrived at the farmhouse unexpectedly where K was staying?
4. Why didn't K mind the extra burden of taking care of his mother when she was in failing health?
5. What kind of job did K get when he left school at the age of 15 in the book?
6. What happened because Michael K was judged to be not smart enough for regular school?
7. What was K going to do with the money that Anna had saved up over the years?
8. What had been Anna's job for eight years when she was in Sea Point at the Cote d'Azur apartments?
9. What did Michael decide to use in order to move his mother around, eventually taking her to her beloved destination?
10. What did Michael K's deformity cause him trouble with when he was just a baby?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)