|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the clerk say that it might take for Michael K to hear about his paperwork?
(a) One week.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 2 months.
(d) He doesn't tell him about paperwork.
2. The nurses at the hospital ___________ to let Michael K stay with his mother overnight in the ward.
(b) Would not willing.
(c) Were willing.
3. What did Anna's employers allow her to go on once she became ill?
(a) Light duty.
(b) A vacation.
(d) Their health insurance.
4. What did a soldier who stopped Michael K on the side of the road take from him?
(a) His mother's ashes.
(b) His money.
(c) The cart.
(d) His shoes.
5. Anna K had worked as a ________ for eight years when she was in Sea Point, which was a suburb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Michael K is born with a ________ lip which causes him a number of problems in his life.
2. Michael K was fed by some strangers, but the children continued to stare at his __________.
3. What would the hospital NOT give to Michael K's mother, even though she desperately needed it?
4. One morning, men came and cleared out all of the ___________ in the apartment without any explanation to Michael K and Anna.
5. Where did police put Michael K when they found him on the side of the road without any papers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did K have to fend off in the morning after he and his mother spent the night sleeping in some undergrowth?
2. What happened because Michael K was judged to be not smart enough for regular school?
3. What happened one day at the Buhrmann's apartment while Anna and K were trying to live there?
4. Why weren't Michael and his mother allowed to travel through a checkpoint?
5. What was K going to do with the money that Anna had saved up over the years?
6. Why didn't K mind the extra burden of taking care of his mother when she was in failing health?
7. What happened after K ate the goat that took him such a long time to kill?
8. What happened to Anna the day after she was taken to the hospital with a fever?
9. What was one of the terrible things the hospital did not do when they released K's mother?
10. What did Michael K's deformity cause him trouble with when he was just a baby?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)