|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what apartments did Anna K work for the duration of her eight years of employment?
(a) Cote d'Azur.
(b) Gold Territory.
(c) Prince Albert.
(d) Cape Town.
2. How long does the clerk say that it might take for Michael K to hear about his paperwork?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) He doesn't tell him about paperwork.
(d) One week.
3. What did Anna's employers allow her to go on once she became ill?
(b) Light duty.
(c) Their health insurance.
(d) A vacation.
4. What was wrong with Anna that Michael K decided that she needed to be taken to a hospital?
(b) Broken leg.
(c) Large cut on her forehead.
5. Where does K go instead of going to work the day after his mother tells him that she wants to move?
(a) A store.
(b) Train station.
(c) The border crossing.
(d) The hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is repulsed by the physical deformity that Michael K has?
2. Michael K is born with a ________ lip which causes him a number of problems in his life.
3. On what day of the week did Michael K always visit his mother, even when he was working on a regular basis?
4. What did a soldier who stopped Michael K on the side of the road take from him?
5. After there was an accident on the street with a military vehicle, there was a _________ which caused Michael K and his mother to hide.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did K decide to do when he could not get any more garden work after the death of his mother?
2. What happened after K ate the goat that took him such a long time to kill?
3. Why did K enjoy working in solitude during his time with the parks and garden department?
4. What kind of job did K get when he left school at the age of 15 in the book?
5. What was one of the terrible things the hospital did not do when they released K's mother?
6. What happened because Michael K was judged to be not smart enough for regular school?
7. What happened one day at the Buhrmann's apartment while Anna and K were trying to live there?
8. What did K tell Visagie's grandson when he arrived at the farmhouse unexpectedly where K was staying?
9. Why weren't Michael and his mother allowed to travel through a checkpoint?
10. Why did K go back to working days for the parks and gardens after working nights for a time?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)