|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michael K used to get cold at night and would complain about being made _________.
2. The doctor didn't understand how _______ could have been running a garden to feel the rebels while starving to death.
3. The camp where Michael K was kept was built on the old ___________ at the edge of town.
(c) Train station.
4. What kind of camp was Michael K first taken to after he spent some time in the hospital recovering?
(d) Hard labor.
5. Who asked Michael K about his face and even shared his lunch with K?
(a) The doctor.
(b) The guard.
6. Michael K was not interested in the __________ that the doctor proposed in order to help him.
7. The grandson questioned Michael K about his ________ and asked why the house was not stocked for his arrival.
8. The doctor believes that Michael is too ________ to have been helping the rebels.
9. What did Michael K hold close to him as he lay in bed in the hospital ward?
(a) A picture.
(b) His bag.
(c) Pumpkin seeds.
(d) A blanket.
10. Michael K learns of men on the mountains who come out at night to disrupt the government villages, called ____________.
(b) Ghost men.
11. Michael K was put in with the ___________ refugees unfortunately and returned after two days.
12. The doctor lets the captain know that Michael K is not of _________, which is why he should be let go.
(a) This world.
(b) The men.
(c) The war.
(d) The army.
13. During what part of the camp's training did Michael K collapse which caused him to be taken to a doctor?
14. When the police found Michael K delirious, they assumed that he was _________ as he was wandering around in a stupor.
(b) A refugee.
15. Michael K ignored his body's cries for ________ and simply stayed in his new home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Michael K met a man named _______ who had been kicked off his farm and detained from his family.
2. A man speaks to Michael K about a town called __________ desired the refugees in the camp, though they were still relying on the cheap labor.
3. The hunger pangs that Michael K was feeling finally went away and K was able to empty his _________.
4. What did Michael K realize would wash through his new dwelling though he didn't care?
5. If anyone left the camp where Michael K was at, they would be sent to the ________ camp called Brandvlei.
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)