|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The camp technically wasn't a _________, but Michael K also wasn't allowed to leave.
(a) Military installation.
2. Michael K loved spending time _____________ when he was allowed to do so during the day.
(a) Basking in the sun.
(b) Reading books.
3. What kind of camp was Michael K first taken to after he spent some time in the hospital recovering?
(c) Hard labor.
4. __________ were posted at every date with orders to shoot anyone outside of the wire at the walls.
(a) Congo men.
(b) Blue men.
(c) Army troops.
(d) Green berets.
5. A man speaks to Michael K about a town called __________ desired the refugees in the camp, though they were still relying on the cheap labor.
(a) Prince Albert.
(b) Cote d'Azur.
(c) Blue Cote.
(d) Point Arena.
6. While Michael could not _____________, he said there was nothing wrong with him.
(b) Keep food down.
(d) Stand up.
7. What did Michael K hold close to him as he lay in bed in the hospital ward?
(a) Pumpkin seeds.
(b) A picture.
(c) His bag.
(d) A blanket.
8. Michael K gave another man half of his wages in order to help him support his ____________.
9. The signs on the area announcing __________ information had never been removed.
10. Where did Michael K decide to live after leaving the farmhouse where he had been staying?
11. The doctor didn't understand how _______ could have been running a garden to feel the rebels while starving to death.
12. Michael K was not interested in the __________ that the doctor proposed in order to help him.
13. Captain Noel explained that Michael K was accused of being _____________.
(a) A rebel leader.
(b) An arsonist.
(c) A relative of the rebel leader.
(d) A spy.
14. What did not arrive as it usually did at camp the next day, leaving Michael K to wonder if they were being left to die?
(b) Food supply.
(c) Water supply.
15. The captain decide that the refugees were ungrateful _________ and that they would starve as a result of the explosion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fights among the refugees took place as people argued over the ____________ of items in the middle of camp.
2. Michael K disguised the entrance of his dwelling so that it could not be seen from the __________.
3. If anyone left the camp where Michael K was at, they would be sent to the ________ camp called Brandvlei.
4. Michael K was unresponsive and the doctor became enraged when Michael K said that he was not in ________.
5. The camp where Michael K was kept was built on the old ___________ at the edge of town.
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)