|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of camp was Michael K first taken to after he spent some time in the hospital recovering?
(d) Hard labor.
2. Michael K weighed less than 90 pounds when he enters the ___________ ward at the camp in Cape Town.
(d) Mental health.
3. While Michael could not _____________, he said there was nothing wrong with him.
(a) Keep food down.
(b) Stand up.
4. The doctor lets the captain know that Michael K is not of _________, which is why he should be let go.
(a) The war.
(b) The army.
(c) The men.
(d) This world.
5. Michael K met a man named _______ who had been kicked off his farm and detained from his family.
6. When the police found Michael K delirious, they assumed that he was _________ as he was wandering around in a stupor.
(a) A refugee.
7. Michael K made strange statements that make the doctor believe his ________ is dead.
8. Michael K was not interested in the __________ that the doctor proposed in order to help him.
9. When Noel asked Michael K about the ________, Michael K said that it belonged to no one else but the earth.
(a) Pumpkin seeds.
10. The __________ explained that everyone was in the war, whether they wanted to be or not.
11. Michael K learns of men on the mountains who come out at night to disrupt the government villages, called ____________.
(d) Ghost men.
12. A man speaks to Michael K about a town called __________ desired the refugees in the camp, though they were still relying on the cheap labor.
(a) Blue Cote.
(b) Point Arena.
(c) Cote d'Azur.
(d) Prince Albert.
13. Michael K disguised the entrance of his dwelling so that it could not be seen from the __________.
(b) Military post.
14. What did K water for the last time before heading toward the town and away from the grandson?
15. What was Michael K too weak to fight off, so it was inserted into his body to help him feel better?
(a) A banana bag.
(b) Food drip.
(c) A screw in his head.
(d) Nose cannula.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ________ shop in Prince Albert mysteriously exploded and fire spread in the town.
2. What age did Michael K claim to be even though he seemed to look a lot older than this?
3. Michael K found out that at the camp he had to __________ in order to receive food.
4. What happened in the two days that Michael K was with the other refugees?
5. What did Michael K realize would wash through his new dwelling though he didn't care?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)