|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the rehabilitation camp where Michael K ends up in Cape Town?
2. If anyone left the camp where Michael K was at, they would be sent to the ________ camp called Brandvlei.
(d) Hard labor.
3. What did Michael K realize would wash through his new dwelling though he didn't care?
(a) The river.
(b) The ocean.
(c) A wind.
(d) A hard rain.
4. What did Michael K hold close to him as he lay in bed in the hospital ward?
(a) His bag.
(b) Pumpkin seeds.
(c) A picture.
(d) A blanket.
5. The only food that Michael K had to eat was ______ and grubs when he was staying in the cave.
6. Captain Noel wanted the doctor to speed up the __________ process, even though the doctor was hesitant.
7. Where was Michael K taken in order to be interrogated for more information about the attacks?
(a) Medical ward.
(b) Firing range.
(d) Torture chamber.
8. __________ were posted at every date with orders to shoot anyone outside of the wire at the walls.
(a) Blue men.
(b) Army troops.
(c) Congo men.
(d) Green berets.
9. The doctor didn't understand how _______ could have been running a garden to feel the rebels while starving to death.
10. When Noel asked Michael K about the ________, Michael K said that it belonged to no one else but the earth.
(d) Pumpkin seeds.
11. What did Michael K only do sparingly so as not to call attention to his good and his new home?
(a) Change the roof.
(c) Water his crop.
(d) Take baths.
12. While Michael could not _____________, he said there was nothing wrong with him.
(a) Stand up.
(c) Keep food down.
13. What did K water for the last time before heading toward the town and away from the grandson?
14. The camp technically wasn't a _________, but Michael K also wasn't allowed to leave.
(c) Military installation.
15. Captain Noel explained that Michael K was accused of being _____________.
(a) An arsonist.
(b) A relative of the rebel leader.
(c) A spy.
(d) A rebel leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. The doctor wondered why Michael K was allowed to be in this training as he was in poor shape. What did the guard say?
2. What happened in the two days that Michael K was with the other refugees?
3. Michael K made strange statements that make the doctor believe his ________ is dead.
4. Michael K weighed less than 90 pounds when he enters the ___________ ward at the camp in Cape Town.
5. Michael K gave another man half of his wages in order to help him support his ____________.
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)