|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The only food that Michael K had to eat was ______ and grubs when he was staying in the cave.
2. The ________ shop in Prince Albert mysteriously exploded and fire spread in the town.
3. Michael K found out that at the camp he had to __________ in order to receive food.
4. When Noel asked Michael K about the ________, Michael K said that it belonged to no one else but the earth.
(b) Pumpkin seeds.
5. Michael K was put in with the ___________ refugees unfortunately and returned after two days.
6. The captain decide that the refugees were ungrateful _________ and that they would starve as a result of the explosion.
7. When the police found Michael K delirious, they assumed that he was _________ as he was wandering around in a stupor.
(a) A refugee.
8. Who asked Michael K about his face and even shared his lunch with K?
(b) The guard.
(d) The doctor.
9. Michael K actually did not make any sign of ____________ when in the hospital.
(b) Wanting to leave.
(d) Hearing people talk.
10. Michael K met a man named _______ who had been kicked off his farm and detained from his family.
11. The doctor believes that Michael is too ________ to have been helping the rebels.
12. Michael K loved spending time _____________ when he was allowed to do so during the day.
(c) Basking in the sun.
(d) Reading books.
13. If anyone left the camp where Michael K was at, they would be sent to the ________ camp called Brandvlei.
(c) Hard labor.
14. The relative of Captain Oosthuizen was a ____________ and drove Michael K ruthlessly the entire day.
15. While Michael could not _____________, he said there was nothing wrong with him.
(a) Keep food down.
(d) Stand up.
Short Answer Questions
1. The camp where Michael K was at was patrolled by __________ which were police with blue berets.
2. The camp technically wasn't a _________, but Michael K also wasn't allowed to leave.
3. A man speaks to Michael K about a town called __________ desired the refugees in the camp, though they were still relying on the cheap labor.
4. What kind of camp was Michael K first taken to after he spent some time in the hospital recovering?
5. Michael K made strange statements that make the doctor believe his ________ is dead.
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)