|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The camp technically wasn't a _________, but Michael K also wasn't allowed to leave.
(c) Military installation.
2. The only food that Michael K had to eat was ______ and grubs when he was staying in the cave.
3. The doctor didn't understand how _______ could have been running a garden to feel the rebels while starving to death.
4. Michael K met a man named _______ who had been kicked off his farm and detained from his family.
5. The __________ explained that everyone was in the war, whether they wanted to be or not.
6. Michael K was not interested in the __________ that the doctor proposed in order to help him.
7. The doctor was told that Michael K was running a _________ ground for rebels in the mountains.
8. The doctor wondered why Michael K was allowed to be in this training as he was in poor shape. What did the guard say?
(a) He was just following orders.
(b) He didn't care.
(c) Michael K never complained.
(d) That he didn't even notice the trouble.
9. Michael K found out that half of his crops had been eaten or trampled by the ___________ of the saboteurs.
10. Michael K ignored his body's cries for ________ and simply stayed in his new home.
11. Michael K was put in with the ___________ refugees unfortunately and returned after two days.
12. While Michael could not _____________, he said there was nothing wrong with him.
(b) Keep food down.
(c) Stand up.
13. Where did Michael K decide to live after leaving the farmhouse where he had been staying?
14. Michael K actually did not make any sign of ____________ when in the hospital.
(a) Hearing people talk.
(d) Wanting to leave.
15. Michael K found out that at the camp he had to __________ in order to receive food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Michael K realize would wash through his new dwelling though he didn't care?
2. The camp where Michael K was at was patrolled by __________ which were police with blue berets.
3. The grandson questioned Michael K about his ________ and asked why the house was not stocked for his arrival.
4. When Noel asked Michael K about the ________, Michael K said that it belonged to no one else but the earth.
5. If anyone left the camp where Michael K was at, they would be sent to the ________ camp called Brandvlei.
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)