|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michael K collapsed during the training after suffering from labored breathing and a low ____________.
(c) Blood pressure.
2. Michael K ignored his body's cries for ________ and simply stayed in his new home.
3. What did Michael K realize would wash through his new dwelling though he didn't care?
(a) A hard rain.
(b) The river.
(c) The ocean.
(d) A wind.
4. When Noel asked Michael K about the ________, Michael K said that it belonged to no one else but the earth.
(a) Pumpkin seeds.
5. __________ were posted at every date with orders to shoot anyone outside of the wire at the walls.
(a) Congo men.
(b) Army troops.
(c) Blue men.
(d) Green berets.
6. Michael K found out that half of his crops had been eaten or trampled by the ___________ of the saboteurs.
7. The only food that Michael K had to eat was ______ and grubs when he was staying in the cave.
8. Michael K loved spending time _____________ when he was allowed to do so during the day.
(c) Reading books.
(d) Basking in the sun.
9. What happened in the two days that Michael K was with the other refugees?
(a) He escapes.
(b) He was unconscious.
(c) He was beaten and bloodied.
10. The signs on the area announcing __________ information had never been removed.
11. During what part of the camp's training did Michael K collapse which caused him to be taken to a doctor?
12. The grandson admits to Michael K that he is a deserter of the ________.
(a) Refugee camp.
13. The camp technically wasn't a _________, but Michael K also wasn't allowed to leave.
(b) Military installation.
14. What age did Michael K claim to be even though he seemed to look a lot older than this?
15. The relative of Captain Oosthuizen was a ____________ and drove Michael K ruthlessly the entire day.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Michael could not _____________, he said there was nothing wrong with him.
2. What was Michael K too weak to fight off, so it was inserted into his body to help him feel better?
3. Michael K met a man named _______ who had been kicked off his farm and detained from his family.
4. The captain decide that the refugees were ungrateful _________ and that they would starve as a result of the explosion.
5. What did Michael K hold close to him as he lay in bed in the hospital ward?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)