|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The __________ explained that everyone was in the war, whether they wanted to be or not.
2. What did K water for the last time before heading toward the town and away from the grandson?
3. What was Michael K too weak to fight off, so it was inserted into his body to help him feel better?
(a) A screw in his head.
(b) A banana bag.
(c) Nose cannula.
(d) Food drip.
4. Michael K was unresponsive and the doctor became enraged when Michael K said that he was not in ________.
(a) The world.
(b) The room.
(c) The war.
(d) The army.
5. The hunger pangs that Michael K was feeling finally went away and K was able to empty his _________.
6. Michael K disguised the entrance of his dwelling so that it could not be seen from the __________.
(a) Military post.
7. Captain Noel wanted the doctor to speed up the __________ process, even though the doctor was hesitant.
8. The relative of Captain Oosthuizen was a ____________ and drove Michael K ruthlessly the entire day.
9. Michael K found out that half of his crops had been eaten or trampled by the ___________ of the saboteurs.
10. Michael K loved spending time _____________ when he was allowed to do so during the day.
(a) Reading books.
(d) Basking in the sun.
11. Michael K weighed less than 90 pounds when he enters the ___________ ward at the camp in Cape Town.
(a) Mental health.
12. Michael K was not interested in the __________ that the doctor proposed in order to help him.
13. The doctor pleaded with Captain Noel to __________ and let Michael K go.
(a) Make up a story.
(b) Ignore Michael K.
(c) Get over it.
(d) Create death orders.
14. What did Michael K only do sparingly so as not to call attention to his good and his new home?
(a) Water his crop.
(b) Change the roof.
(c) Take baths.
15. Michael K was put in with the ___________ refugees unfortunately and returned after two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Michael K decided to find another cave, one that was higher up and closer to the ________ line.
2. Who asked Michael K about his face and even shared his lunch with K?
3. Captain Noel explained that Michael K was accused of being _____________.
4. The camp technically wasn't a _________, but Michael K also wasn't allowed to leave.
5. What happened in the two days that Michael K was with the other refugees?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)