|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The doctor wondered why Michael K was allowed to be in this training as he was in poor shape. What did the guard say?
(a) He was just following orders.
(b) He didn't care.
(c) That he didn't even notice the trouble.
(d) Michael K never complained.
2. Michael K found out that half of his crops had been eaten or trampled by the ___________ of the saboteurs.
3. Michael K found out that at the camp he had to __________ in order to receive food.
4. What kind of camp was Michael K first taken to after he spent some time in the hospital recovering?
(d) Hard labor.
5. What did not arrive as it usually did at camp the next day, leaving Michael K to wonder if they were being left to die?
(a) Water supply.
(c) Food supply.
6. Michael K gave another man half of his wages in order to help him support his ____________.
7. The relative of Captain Oosthuizen was a ____________ and drove Michael K ruthlessly the entire day.
8. The grandson admits to Michael K that he is a deserter of the ________.
(c) Refugee camp.
9. When the police found Michael K delirious, they assumed that he was _________ as he was wandering around in a stupor.
(c) A refugee.
10. The grandson ranted against the _________ and gave Michael K suggestions on what he should plant.
(c) Goat killing.
11. Michael K disguised the entrance of his dwelling so that it could not be seen from the __________.
(c) Military post.
12. Captain Noel wanted the doctor to speed up the __________ process, even though the doctor was hesitant.
13. Michael K learns of men on the mountains who come out at night to disrupt the government villages, called ____________.
(b) Ghost men.
14. Michael K decided to find another cave, one that was higher up and closer to the ________ line.
15. What was Michael K too weak to fight off, so it was inserted into his body to help him feel better?
(a) A screw in his head.
(b) A banana bag.
(c) Food drip.
(d) Nose cannula.
Short Answer Questions
1. The captain decide that the refugees were ungrateful _________ and that they would starve as a result of the explosion.
2. The doctor was told that Michael K was running a _________ ground for rebels in the mountains.
3. What age did Michael K claim to be even though he seemed to look a lot older than this?
4. What is the name of the rehabilitation camp where Michael K ends up in Cape Town?
5. The camp where Michael K was at was patrolled by __________ which were police with blue berets.
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)