|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The captain decide that the refugees were ungrateful _________ and that they would starve as a result of the explosion.
2. The camp technically wasn't a _________, but Michael K also wasn't allowed to leave.
(c) Military installation.
3. The doctor pleaded with Captain Noel to __________ and let Michael K go.
(a) Create death orders.
(b) Get over it.
(c) Ignore Michael K.
(d) Make up a story.
4. Michael K was not interested in the __________ that the doctor proposed in order to help him.
5. What did Michael K hold close to him as he lay in bed in the hospital ward?
(a) Pumpkin seeds.
(b) A picture.
(c) His bag.
(d) A blanket.
6. Michael K decided to find another cave, one that was higher up and closer to the ________ line.
7. __________ were posted at every date with orders to shoot anyone outside of the wire at the walls.
(a) Congo men.
(b) Army troops.
(c) Blue men.
(d) Green berets.
8. The doctor wondered why Michael K was allowed to be in this training as he was in poor shape. What did the guard say?
(a) Michael K never complained.
(b) He was just following orders.
(c) That he didn't even notice the trouble.
(d) He didn't care.
9. During what part of the camp's training did Michael K collapse which caused him to be taken to a doctor?
10. What did Michael K only do sparingly so as not to call attention to his good and his new home?
(a) Change the roof.
(b) Take baths.
(c) Water his crop.
11. Michael K used to get cold at night and would complain about being made _________.
12. What kind of camp was Michael K first taken to after he spent some time in the hospital recovering?
(d) Hard labor.
13. What did not arrive as it usually did at camp the next day, leaving Michael K to wonder if they were being left to die?
(a) Food supply.
(b) Water supply.
14. The doctor was told that Michael K was running a _________ ground for rebels in the mountains.
15. Michael K found out that half of his crops had been eaten or trampled by the ___________ of the saboteurs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Michael K ignored his body's cries for ________ and simply stayed in his new home.
2. What did K water for the last time before heading toward the town and away from the grandson?
3. The __________ explained that everyone was in the war, whether they wanted to be or not.
4. Michael K made strange statements that make the doctor believe his ________ is dead.
5. What was Michael K too weak to fight off, so it was inserted into his body to help him feel better?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)