|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The relative of Captain Oosthuizen was a ____________ and drove Michael K ruthlessly the entire day.
2. The doctor didn't understand how _______ could have been running a garden to feel the rebels while starving to death.
3. The camp where Michael K was kept was built on the old ___________ at the edge of town.
(b) Train station.
4. Michael K gave another man half of his wages in order to help him support his ____________.
5. Michael K collapsed during the training after suffering from labored breathing and a low ____________.
(c) Blood pressure.
6. The doctor was told that Michael K was running a _________ ground for rebels in the mountains.
7. What did K water for the last time before heading toward the town and away from the grandson?
8. While Michael could not _____________, he said there was nothing wrong with him.
(b) Keep food down.
(d) Stand up.
9. Michael K learns of men on the mountains who come out at night to disrupt the government villages, called ____________.
(c) Ghost men.
10. What happened in the two days that Michael K was with the other refugees?
(a) He was beaten and bloodied.
(c) He escapes.
(d) He was unconscious.
11. The ________ shop in Prince Albert mysteriously exploded and fire spread in the town.
12. Where did Michael K decide to live after leaving the farmhouse where he had been staying?
13. Michael K was unresponsive and the doctor became enraged when Michael K said that he was not in ________.
(a) The room.
(b) The world.
(c) The war.
(d) The army.
14. Michael K found out that at the camp he had to __________ in order to receive food.
15. The doctor wondered why Michael K was allowed to be in this training as he was in poor shape. What did the guard say?
(a) He didn't care.
(b) He was just following orders.
(c) Michael K never complained.
(d) That he didn't even notice the trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. There were more attacks on ____________ and the police chief asked for Michael K to be interrogated.
2. Fights among the refugees took place as people argued over the ____________ of items in the middle of camp.
3. The only food that Michael K had to eat was ______ and grubs when he was staying in the cave.
4. The grandson ranted against the _________ and gave Michael K suggestions on what he should plant.
5. The grandson admits to Michael K that he is a deserter of the ________.
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)