|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michael K actually did not make any sign of ____________ when in the hospital.
(a) Hearing people talk.
(c) Wanting to leave.
2. Michael K collapsed during the training after suffering from labored breathing and a low ____________.
(d) Blood pressure.
3. The doctor believes that Michael is too ________ to have been helping the rebels.
4. Michael K disguised the entrance of his dwelling so that it could not be seen from the __________.
(c) Military post.
5. During what part of the camp's training did Michael K collapse which caused him to be taken to a doctor?
6. The captain decide that the refugees were ungrateful _________ and that they would starve as a result of the explosion.
7. What did Michael K hold close to him as he lay in bed in the hospital ward?
(a) Pumpkin seeds.
(b) His bag.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A picture.
8. Michael K loved spending time _____________ when he was allowed to do so during the day.
(a) Basking in the sun.
(d) Reading books.
9. Fights among the refugees took place as people argued over the ____________ of items in the middle of camp.
10. Michael K gave another man half of his wages in order to help him support his ____________.
11. The grandson admits to Michael K that he is a deserter of the ________.
(b) Refugee camp.
12. There were more attacks on ____________ and the police chief asked for Michael K to be interrogated.
(a) Prince Albert.
(c) Cape Town.
(d) Cote d'Azur.
13. The camp technically wasn't a _________, but Michael K also wasn't allowed to leave.
(b) Military installation.
14. When the police found Michael K delirious, they assumed that he was _________ as he was wandering around in a stupor.
(d) A refugee.
15. Where did Michael K decide to live after leaving the farmhouse where he had been staying?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of camp was Michael K first taken to after he spent some time in the hospital recovering?
2. Captain Noel explained that Michael K was accused of being _____________.
3. A man speaks to Michael K about a town called __________ desired the refugees in the camp, though they were still relying on the cheap labor.
4. What happened in the two days that Michael K was with the other refugees?
5. While Michael could not _____________, he said there was nothing wrong with him.
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)