|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The doctor pleaded with Captain Noel to __________ and let Michael K go.
(a) Ignore Michael K.
(b) Create death orders.
(c) Get over it.
(d) Make up a story.
2. What kind of camp was Michael K first taken to after he spent some time in the hospital recovering?
(d) Hard labor.
3. The doctor was told that Michael K was running a _________ ground for rebels in the mountains.
4. What did not arrive as it usually did at camp the next day, leaving Michael K to wonder if they were being left to die?
(b) Water supply.
(d) Food supply.
5. There were more attacks on ____________ and the police chief asked for Michael K to be interrogated.
(a) Prince Albert.
(b) Cape Town.
(c) Cote d'Azur.
6. What age did Michael K claim to be even though he seemed to look a lot older than this?
7. What did K water for the last time before heading toward the town and away from the grandson?
8. Michael K was put in with the ___________ refugees unfortunately and returned after two days.
9. What did Michael K hold close to him as he lay in bed in the hospital ward?
(a) His bag.
(b) A picture.
(c) A blanket.
(d) Pumpkin seeds.
10. The camp where Michael K was kept was built on the old ___________ at the edge of town.
(b) Train station.
11. The relative of Captain Oosthuizen was a ____________ and drove Michael K ruthlessly the entire day.
12. The doctor lets the captain know that Michael K is not of _________, which is why he should be let go.
(a) This world.
(b) The men.
(c) The army.
(d) The war.
13. The only food that Michael K had to eat was ______ and grubs when he was staying in the cave.
14. The hunger pangs that Michael K was feeling finally went away and K was able to empty his _________.
15. The doctor wondered why Michael K was allowed to be in this training as he was in poor shape. What did the guard say?
(a) He didn't care.
(b) That he didn't even notice the trouble.
(c) Michael K never complained.
(d) He was just following orders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Michael K used to get cold at night and would complain about being made _________.
2. Who asked Michael K about his face and even shared his lunch with K?
3. Michael K weighed less than 90 pounds when he enters the ___________ ward at the camp in Cape Town.
4. What did Michael K only do sparingly so as not to call attention to his good and his new home?
5. The camp where Michael K was at was patrolled by __________ which were police with blue berets.
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)