|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michael K made strange statements that make the doctor believe his ________ is dead.
2. What was Michael K too weak to fight off, so it was inserted into his body to help him feel better?
(a) Nose cannula.
(b) Food drip.
(c) A screw in his head.
(d) A banana bag.
3. The hunger pangs that Michael K was feeling finally went away and K was able to empty his _________.
4. What did Michael K only do sparingly so as not to call attention to his good and his new home?
(a) Water his crop.
(b) Take baths.
(c) Change the roof.
5. What happened in the two days that Michael K was with the other refugees?
(a) He was unconscious.
(b) He escapes.
(d) He was beaten and bloodied.
6. When the police found Michael K delirious, they assumed that he was _________ as he was wandering around in a stupor.
(b) A refugee.
7. Michael K loved spending time _____________ when he was allowed to do so during the day.
(b) Basking in the sun.
(c) Reading books.
8. The doctor didn't understand how _______ could have been running a garden to feel the rebels while starving to death.
9. The doctor wondered why Michael K was allowed to be in this training as he was in poor shape. What did the guard say?
(a) That he didn't even notice the trouble.
(b) He didn't care.
(c) He was just following orders.
(d) Michael K never complained.
10. What kind of camp was Michael K first taken to after he spent some time in the hospital recovering?
(b) Hard labor.
11. __________ were posted at every date with orders to shoot anyone outside of the wire at the walls.
(a) Green berets.
(b) Army troops.
(c) Congo men.
(d) Blue men.
12. What did Michael K hold close to him as he lay in bed in the hospital ward?
(a) A blanket.
(b) Pumpkin seeds.
(c) A picture.
(d) His bag.
13. Michael K actually did not make any sign of ____________ when in the hospital.
(a) Hearing people talk.
(d) Wanting to leave.
14. Captain Noel wanted the doctor to speed up the __________ process, even though the doctor was hesitant.
15. The doctor was told that Michael K was running a _________ ground for rebels in the mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. The camp where Michael K was kept was built on the old ___________ at the edge of town.
2. The grandson admits to Michael K that he is a deserter of the ________.
3. Michael K was put in with the ___________ refugees unfortunately and returned after two days.
4. Michael K disguised the entrance of his dwelling so that it could not be seen from the __________.
5. Michael K was unresponsive and the doctor became enraged when Michael K said that he was not in ________.
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)