|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The doctor pleaded with Captain Noel to __________ and let Michael K go.
(a) Ignore Michael K.
(b) Create death orders.
(c) Make up a story.
(d) Get over it.
2. There were more attacks on ____________ and the police chief asked for Michael K to be interrogated.
(a) Cape Town.
(b) Cote d'Azur.
(c) Prince Albert.
3. Captain Noel explained that Michael K was accused of being _____________.
(a) A rebel leader.
(b) A relative of the rebel leader.
(c) A spy.
(d) An arsonist.
4. The doctor lets the captain know that Michael K is not of _________, which is why he should be let go.
(a) The army.
(b) This world.
(c) The war.
(d) The men.
5. The grandson questioned Michael K about his ________ and asked why the house was not stocked for his arrival.
6. The doctor was told that Michael K was running a _________ ground for rebels in the mountains.
7. Where was Michael K taken in order to be interrogated for more information about the attacks?
(a) Torture chamber.
(b) Medical ward.
(c) Firing range.
8. Michael K actually did not make any sign of ____________ when in the hospital.
(a) Hearing people talk.
(b) Wanting to leave.
9. The __________ explained that everyone was in the war, whether they wanted to be or not.
10. Michael K met a man named _______ who had been kicked off his farm and detained from his family.
11. What happened in the two days that Michael K was with the other refugees?
(b) He escapes.
(c) He was beaten and bloodied.
(d) He was unconscious.
12. The hunger pangs that Michael K was feeling finally went away and K was able to empty his _________.
13. Michael K found out that half of his crops had been eaten or trampled by the ___________ of the saboteurs.
14. When Noel asked Michael K about the ________, Michael K said that it belonged to no one else but the earth.
(d) Pumpkin seeds.
15. The relative of Captain Oosthuizen was a ____________ and drove Michael K ruthlessly the entire day.
Short Answer Questions
1. The doctor believes that Michael is too ________ to have been helping the rebels.
2. While Michael could not _____________, he said there was nothing wrong with him.
3. What is the name of the rehabilitation camp where Michael K ends up in Cape Town?
4. The ________ shop in Prince Albert mysteriously exploded and fire spread in the town.
5. The signs on the area announcing __________ information had never been removed.
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)