|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The doctor wondered why Michael K was allowed to be in this training as he was in poor shape. What did the guard say?
(a) That he didn't even notice the trouble.
(b) He was just following orders.
(c) He didn't care.
(d) Michael K never complained.
2. The grandson questioned Michael K about his ________ and asked why the house was not stocked for his arrival.
3. The __________ explained that everyone was in the war, whether they wanted to be or not.
4. The ________ shop in Prince Albert mysteriously exploded and fire spread in the town.
5. The signs on the area announcing __________ information had never been removed.
6. Michael K disguised the entrance of his dwelling so that it could not be seen from the __________.
(b) Military post.
7. The grandson ranted against the _________ and gave Michael K suggestions on what he should plant.
(b) Goat killing.
8. Where did Michael K decide to live after leaving the farmhouse where he had been staying?
9. Michael K decided to find another cave, one that was higher up and closer to the ________ line.
10. Michael K used to get cold at night and would complain about being made _________.
11. Michael K found out that half of his crops had been eaten or trampled by the ___________ of the saboteurs.
12. The camp where Michael K was kept was built on the old ___________ at the edge of town.
(b) Train station.
13. Where was Michael K taken in order to be interrogated for more information about the attacks?
(b) Torture chamber.
(c) Firing range.
(d) Medical ward.
14. What did not arrive as it usually did at camp the next day, leaving Michael K to wonder if they were being left to die?
(b) Water supply.
(d) Food supply.
15. Michael K collapsed during the training after suffering from labored breathing and a low ____________.
(b) Blood pressure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of camp was Michael K first taken to after he spent some time in the hospital recovering?
2. What is the name of the rehabilitation camp where Michael K ends up in Cape Town?
3. Captain Noel wanted the doctor to speed up the __________ process, even though the doctor was hesitant.
4. Michael K ignored his body's cries for ________ and simply stayed in his new home.
5. A man speaks to Michael K about a town called __________ desired the refugees in the camp, though they were still relying on the cheap labor.
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)