|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michael K weighed less than 90 pounds when he enters the ___________ ward at the camp in Cape Town.
(c) Mental health.
2. The relative of Captain Oosthuizen was a ____________ and drove Michael K ruthlessly the entire day.
3. Michael K found out that half of his crops had been eaten or trampled by the ___________ of the saboteurs.
4. The ________ shop in Prince Albert mysteriously exploded and fire spread in the town.
5. What age did Michael K claim to be even though he seemed to look a lot older than this?
6. Michael K used to get cold at night and would complain about being made _________.
7. The doctor didn't understand how _______ could have been running a garden to feel the rebels while starving to death.
8. A man speaks to Michael K about a town called __________ desired the refugees in the camp, though they were still relying on the cheap labor.
(a) Cote d'Azur.
(b) Blue Cote.
(c) Prince Albert.
(d) Point Arena.
9. Michael K met a man named _______ who had been kicked off his farm and detained from his family.
10. Michael K actually did not make any sign of ____________ when in the hospital.
(b) Wanting to leave.
(d) Hearing people talk.
11. Fights among the refugees took place as people argued over the ____________ of items in the middle of camp.
12. Michael K collapsed during the training after suffering from labored breathing and a low ____________.
(b) Blood pressure.
13. When the police found Michael K delirious, they assumed that he was _________ as he was wandering around in a stupor.
(a) A refugee.
14. What did Michael K only do sparingly so as not to call attention to his good and his new home?
(b) Take baths.
(c) Change the roof.
(d) Water his crop.
15. Who asked Michael K about his face and even shared his lunch with K?
(b) The doctor.
(c) The guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did not arrive as it usually did at camp the next day, leaving Michael K to wonder if they were being left to die?
2. Michael K ignored his body's cries for ________ and simply stayed in his new home.
3. Captain Noel explained that Michael K was accused of being _____________.
4. Michael K disguised the entrance of his dwelling so that it could not be seen from the __________.
5. If anyone left the camp where Michael K was at, they would be sent to the ________ camp called Brandvlei.
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)