|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The doctor didn't understand how _______ could have been running a garden to feel the rebels while starving to death.
2. Where was Michael K taken in order to be interrogated for more information about the attacks?
(b) Medical ward.
(c) Firing range.
(d) Torture chamber.
3. The grandson questioned Michael K about his ________ and asked why the house was not stocked for his arrival.
4. When the police found Michael K delirious, they assumed that he was _________ as he was wandering around in a stupor.
(c) A refugee.
5. Michael K disguised the entrance of his dwelling so that it could not be seen from the __________.
(b) Military post.
6. What did not arrive as it usually did at camp the next day, leaving Michael K to wonder if they were being left to die?
(a) Water supply.
(c) Food supply.
7. The camp where Michael K was kept was built on the old ___________ at the edge of town.
(c) Train station.
8. The captain decide that the refugees were ungrateful _________ and that they would starve as a result of the explosion.
9. The doctor was told that Michael K was running a _________ ground for rebels in the mountains.
10. Michael K gave another man half of his wages in order to help him support his ____________.
11. The doctor pleaded with Captain Noel to __________ and let Michael K go.
(a) Make up a story.
(b) Get over it.
(c) Ignore Michael K.
(d) Create death orders.
12. The hunger pangs that Michael K was feeling finally went away and K was able to empty his _________.
13. There were more attacks on ____________ and the police chief asked for Michael K to be interrogated.
(a) Prince Albert.
(b) Cote d'Azur.
(c) Cape Town.
14. Who asked Michael K about his face and even shared his lunch with K?
(a) The doctor.
(d) The guard.
15. If anyone left the camp where Michael K was at, they would be sent to the ________ camp called Brandvlei.
(b) Hard labor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Michael K decided to find another cave, one that was higher up and closer to the ________ line.
2. Michael K loved spending time _____________ when he was allowed to do so during the day.
3. When Noel asked Michael K about the ________, Michael K said that it belonged to no one else but the earth.
4. The __________ explained that everyone was in the war, whether they wanted to be or not.
5. Michael K found out that half of his crops had been eaten or trampled by the ___________ of the saboteurs.
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)