|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The relative of Captain Oosthuizen was a ____________ and drove Michael K ruthlessly the entire day.
2. Michael K learns of men on the mountains who come out at night to disrupt the government villages, called ____________.
(a) Ghost men.
3. The grandson admits to Michael K that he is a deserter of the ________.
(c) Refugee camp.
4. Michael K disguised the entrance of his dwelling so that it could not be seen from the __________.
(b) Military post.
5. Michael K was not interested in the __________ that the doctor proposed in order to help him.
6. The grandson ranted against the _________ and gave Michael K suggestions on what he should plant.
(a) Goat killing.
7. During what part of the camp's training did Michael K collapse which caused him to be taken to a doctor?
8. __________ were posted at every date with orders to shoot anyone outside of the wire at the walls.
(a) Congo men.
(b) Green berets.
(c) Blue men.
(d) Army troops.
9. While Michael could not _____________, he said there was nothing wrong with him.
(c) Stand up.
(d) Keep food down.
10. Michael K collapsed during the training after suffering from labored breathing and a low ____________.
(b) Blood pressure.
11. Michael K ignored his body's cries for ________ and simply stayed in his new home.
12. The camp technically wasn't a _________, but Michael K also wasn't allowed to leave.
(b) Military installation.
13. What did Michael K hold close to him as he lay in bed in the hospital ward?
(a) A picture.
(b) Pumpkin seeds.
(c) A blanket.
(d) His bag.
14. Who asked Michael K about his face and even shared his lunch with K?
(c) The guard.
(d) The doctor.
15. The doctor wondered why Michael K was allowed to be in this training as he was in poor shape. What did the guard say?
(a) That he didn't even notice the trouble.
(b) Michael K never complained.
(c) He didn't care.
(d) He was just following orders.
Short Answer Questions
1. The only food that Michael K had to eat was ______ and grubs when he was staying in the cave.
2. Michael K decided to find another cave, one that was higher up and closer to the ________ line.
3. The grandson questioned Michael K about his ________ and asked why the house was not stocked for his arrival.
4. Michael K gave another man half of his wages in order to help him support his ____________.
5. Michael K found out that half of his crops had been eaten or trampled by the ___________ of the saboteurs.
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)