|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of camp was Michael K first taken to after he spent some time in the hospital recovering?
(b) Hard labor.
2. Michael K loved spending time _____________ when he was allowed to do so during the day.
(a) Reading books.
(d) Basking in the sun.
3. If anyone left the camp where Michael K was at, they would be sent to the ________ camp called Brandvlei.
(b) Hard labor.
4. The hunger pangs that Michael K was feeling finally went away and K was able to empty his _________.
5. Michael K was unresponsive and the doctor became enraged when Michael K said that he was not in ________.
(a) The war.
(b) The world.
(c) The army.
(d) The room.
6. What did Michael K realize would wash through his new dwelling though he didn't care?
(a) A wind.
(b) The river.
(c) A hard rain.
(d) The ocean.
7. The doctor lets the captain know that Michael K is not of _________, which is why he should be let go.
(a) This world.
(b) The army.
(c) The men.
(d) The war.
8. Michael K collapsed during the training after suffering from labored breathing and a low ____________.
(b) Blood pressure.
9. The camp where Michael K was at was patrolled by __________ which were police with blue berets.
(a) Free Corps.
(b) Blue Bandits.
(c) Blue Husks.
(d) White Corps.
10. The doctor believes that Michael is too ________ to have been helping the rebels.
11. Michael K disguised the entrance of his dwelling so that it could not be seen from the __________.
(b) Military post.
12. The signs on the area announcing __________ information had never been removed.
13. __________ were posted at every date with orders to shoot anyone outside of the wire at the walls.
(a) Army troops.
(b) Green berets.
(c) Congo men.
(d) Blue men.
14. Who asked Michael K about his face and even shared his lunch with K?
(a) The guard.
(c) The doctor.
15. What did K water for the last time before heading toward the town and away from the grandson?
Short Answer Questions
1. While Michael could not _____________, he said there was nothing wrong with him.
2. The doctor was told that Michael K was running a _________ ground for rebels in the mountains.
3. What did Michael K only do sparingly so as not to call attention to his good and his new home?
4. Fights among the refugees took place as people argued over the ____________ of items in the middle of camp.
5. A man speaks to Michael K about a town called __________ desired the refugees in the camp, though they were still relying on the cheap labor.
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)