|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The camp where Michael K was at was patrolled by __________ which were police with blue berets.
(a) White Corps.
(b) Blue Husks.
(c) Free Corps.
(d) Blue Bandits.
2. Michael K found out that half of his crops had been eaten or trampled by the ___________ of the saboteurs.
3. There were more attacks on ____________ and the police chief asked for Michael K to be interrogated.
(b) Cote d'Azur.
(c) Cape Town.
(d) Prince Albert.
4. Michael K made strange statements that make the doctor believe his ________ is dead.
5. A man speaks to Michael K about a town called __________ desired the refugees in the camp, though they were still relying on the cheap labor.
(a) Point Arena.
(b) Prince Albert.
(c) Cote d'Azur.
(d) Blue Cote.
6. The camp technically wasn't a _________, but Michael K also wasn't allowed to leave.
(b) Military installation.
7. The only food that Michael K had to eat was ______ and grubs when he was staying in the cave.
8. Who asked Michael K about his face and even shared his lunch with K?
(a) The doctor.
(c) The guard.
9. Michael K collapsed during the training after suffering from labored breathing and a low ____________.
(d) Blood pressure.
10. Michael K used to get cold at night and would complain about being made _________.
11. What was Michael K too weak to fight off, so it was inserted into his body to help him feel better?
(a) A screw in his head.
(b) A banana bag.
(c) Food drip.
(d) Nose cannula.
12. If anyone left the camp where Michael K was at, they would be sent to the ________ camp called Brandvlei.
(b) Hard labor.
13. The doctor lets the captain know that Michael K is not of _________, which is why he should be let go.
(a) The men.
(b) The army.
(c) This world.
(d) The war.
14. What did Michael K hold close to him as he lay in bed in the hospital ward?
(a) A blanket.
(b) Pumpkin seeds.
(c) A picture.
(d) His bag.
15. Captain Noel wanted the doctor to speed up the __________ process, even though the doctor was hesitant.
Short Answer Questions
1. The grandson admits to Michael K that he is a deserter of the ________.
2. The doctor didn't understand how _______ could have been running a garden to feel the rebels while starving to death.
3. The doctor pleaded with Captain Noel to __________ and let Michael K go.
4. What did Michael K only do sparingly so as not to call attention to his good and his new home?
5. Michael K was not interested in the __________ that the doctor proposed in order to help him.
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)