|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Michael K taken in order to be interrogated for more information about the attacks?
(a) Torture chamber.
(b) Medical ward.
(c) Firing range.
2. The doctor lets the captain know that Michael K is not of _________, which is why he should be let go.
(a) The war.
(b) The army.
(c) The men.
(d) This world.
3. The grandson ranted against the _________ and gave Michael K suggestions on what he should plant.
(a) Goat killing.
4. The doctor was told that Michael K was running a _________ ground for rebels in the mountains.
5. Captain Noel explained that Michael K was accused of being _____________.
(a) A rebel leader.
(b) An arsonist.
(c) A spy.
(d) A relative of the rebel leader.
6. What did Michael K only do sparingly so as not to call attention to his good and his new home?
(a) Change the roof.
(c) Take baths.
(d) Water his crop.
7. Michael K weighed less than 90 pounds when he enters the ___________ ward at the camp in Cape Town.
(b) Mental health.
8. Michael K learns of men on the mountains who come out at night to disrupt the government villages, called ____________.
(d) Ghost men.
9. Michael K ignored his body's cries for ________ and simply stayed in his new home.
10. When Noel asked Michael K about the ________, Michael K said that it belonged to no one else but the earth.
(a) Pumpkin seeds.
11. Michael K disguised the entrance of his dwelling so that it could not be seen from the __________.
(d) Military post.
12. What did Michael K realize would wash through his new dwelling though he didn't care?
(a) The ocean.
(b) A hard rain.
(c) The river.
(d) A wind.
13. Michael K used to get cold at night and would complain about being made _________.
14. While Michael could not _____________, he said there was nothing wrong with him.
(b) Keep food down.
(c) Stand up.
15. Michael K met a man named _______ who had been kicked off his farm and detained from his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Michael K decided to find another cave, one that was higher up and closer to the ________ line.
2. During what part of the camp's training did Michael K collapse which caused him to be taken to a doctor?
3. What did Michael K hold close to him as he lay in bed in the hospital ward?
4. Michael K actually did not make any sign of ____________ when in the hospital.
5. Fights among the refugees took place as people argued over the ____________ of items in the middle of camp.
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)