|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Michael K end up eating from the ground because he was getting dizzy?
(a) A piece of someone's bread.
(b) Rotted fruit.
(c) Rotted meat.
(d) A squirrel.
2. What did Michael K refuse to do when he found out that his mother had died in the hospital?
(a) See her.
(b) Sign their papers.
3. How might Michael K describe the room where her mother was staying for a while?
(c) Rat infested.
4. What did Anna's employers allow her to go on once she became ill?
(b) A vacation.
(c) Light duty.
(d) Their health insurance.
5. On what day of the week did Michael K always visit his mother, even when he was working on a regular basis?
(b) It varied.
6. At what apartments did Anna K work for the duration of her eight years of employment?
(a) Prince Albert.
(b) Cote d'Azur.
(c) Gold Territory.
(d) Cape Town.
7. What was happening to Michael K as well since he was spending so many nights in the damp cold with his mother?
(a) He was getting sick.
(b) He was getting angry.
(c) He was getting desperate.
(d) He was shrinking.
8. Where did K decide that he and his mother should travel in order to be more successful with their journey?
(a) A tunnel.
(b) The main roads.
(c) The military trucks.
(d) The side roads.
9. Where did Michael K and his mother sleep when he began to realize it might take days for them to reach Prince Albert?
(a) A checkpoint.
(b) A tree.
(c) The hospital lobby.
(d) Undergrowth near the road.
10. Where was Anna's room located when she was able to stay with her employer's permission?
(a) In the closet.
(b) In an attic.
(c) In a shed.
(d) Under the stairs.
11. Who told Michael K's mother that his lip would improve and close up over time?
(a) Her doctor.
(b) His father.
(c) The midwife.
(d) His aunt.
12. Anna K had worked as a ________ for eight years when she was in Sea Point, which was a suburb.
13. Where does Anna decide that she wants to do instead of staying where she is with her employers?
(a) Sea Point.
(b) Prince Albert.
(c) Cape Town.
(d) Cote d'Azur.
14. What would the hospital NOT give to Michael K's mother, even though she desperately needed it?
(a) A wheelchair.
(b) A bandage for her wound.
(c) A glucose monitor.
(d) A new IV port.
15. Where did police put Michael K when they found him on the side of the road without any papers?
(b) Train car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Michael K start working after he was attacked during a night shift at his job?
2. Where did Anna sit with Michael K in order to wait for the bus to arrive?
3. What did a soldier who stopped Michael K on the side of the road take from him?
4. What is NOT one of the things Michael learned while he attended the special school he did?
5. Where does K go instead of going to work the day after his mother tells him that she wants to move?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)