|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did police put Michael K when they found him on the side of the road without any papers?
(d) Train car.
2. Where did Michael K sleep when he could not find any gardening work after the death of his mother?
(a) At the apartment.
(b) Under the railway bridge.
(c) In the hospital.
(d) In the cart.
3. At what age did Michael K have to start taking care of his mother, Anna, when her health began to fail?
4. What would the hospital NOT give to Michael K's mother, even though she desperately needed it?
(a) A glucose monitor.
(b) A wheelchair.
(c) A bandage for her wound.
(d) A new IV port.
5. For whose department did Michael K work when he was finally able to find work?
(a) White House.
(b) Point Arena.
(c) Prince Albert.
(d) Cape Town.
6. What was Michael K's first job once he left school and decided to find a reasonable job?
7. Where did K go in order to steal the parts he felt he needed to make a makeshift seat for his mother to travel in?
(a) The basement.
(b) A hardware store.
(c) Work shed.
(d) The hospital.
8. Who told Michael K's mother that his lip would improve and close up over time?
(a) The midwife.
(b) Her doctor.
(c) His father.
(d) His aunt.
9. What did Michael K begin to do as he become more and more despondent about his situation?
(a) Sell his possessions.
(c) Eat more.
(d) Sleep more.
10. At what apartments did Anna K work for the duration of her eight years of employment?
(a) Prince Albert.
(b) Cote d'Azur.
(c) Cape Town.
(d) Gold Territory.
11. What did Anna have up her nose when she was in the hospital ward on the second day?
(a) A needle.
(b) A cotton ball.
(c) A tube.
(d) A bandage.
12. What did Michael K refuse to do when he found out that his mother had died in the hospital?
(a) Sign their papers.
(b) See her.
13. After the accident, it seems that travel was restricted to the ___________ by the order of the police and government.
(a) Outlying areas.
14. Michael K finally convinced Anna that he could take her away from the city by means of __________.
(a) A truck.
(b) A train.
(c) A plane.
(d) The cart.
15. Where did K pay his rent though he said that he would not be coming back?
(d) The garden society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did K try to salvage once he realized that the people who lived above them had left the building as well?
2. What did a soldier who stopped Michael K on the side of the road take from him?
3. What did the grandson of the Visages decide that Michael K was there for?
4. Where was Anna's room located when she was able to stay with her employer's permission?
5. What was happening to Michael K as well since he was spending so many nights in the damp cold with his mother?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)