|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Anna's room located when she was able to stay with her employer's permission?
(a) In the closet.
(b) Under the stairs.
(c) In a shed.
(d) In an attic.
2. How long does the clerk say that it might take for Michael K to hear about his paperwork?
(a) One week.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) He doesn't tell him about paperwork.
3. What did a soldier who stopped Michael K on the side of the road take from him?
(a) His mother's ashes.
(b) His money.
(c) The cart.
(d) His shoes.
4. How old was Michael K when he was able to leave school and get a job that paid him money?
5. After there was an accident on the street with a military vehicle, there was a _________ which caused Michael K and his mother to hide.
6. What did Michael use to fend off two would-be robbers from taking anything from himself and his mother?
(a) A piece of glass.
(b) A pipe.
(c) A book.
(d) A gun.
7. What did Michael K add to the cart in order to protect her from the worst of the weather?
(a) An umbrella attachment.
(b) A metal top.
(c) A set of windows.
(d) A canopy.
8. Who told Michael K's mother that his lip would improve and close up over time?
(a) His father.
(b) Her doctor.
(c) The midwife.
(d) His aunt.
9. Where did K pay his rent though he said that he would not be coming back?
(c) The garden society.
10. What did Michael K begin to do as he become more and more despondent about his situation?
(a) Sell his possessions.
(b) Eat more.
(d) Sleep more.
11. What did Anna's employers allow her to go on once she became ill?
(a) Their health insurance.
(b) A vacation.
(c) Light duty.
12. Michael K felt that it was his _______ to take care of his mother when she became ill.
13. Michael was not judged to be smart enough for regular school, so he was sent to a special _______ institution.
14. At what age did Michael K have to start taking care of his mother, Anna, when her health began to fail?
15. Where did Michael K and his mother sleep when he began to realize it might take days for them to reach Prince Albert?
(a) The hospital lobby.
(b) A tree.
(c) A checkpoint.
(d) Undergrowth near the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. How might Michael K describe the room where her mother was staying for a while?
2. Michael K liked working in ________ because people had never liked him due to his face.
3. One morning, men came and cleared out all of the ___________ in the apartment without any explanation to Michael K and Anna.
4. What did Michael K and Anna need in order to get through the checkpoint at the outskirts of town?
5. What did Anna have up her nose when she was in the hospital ward on the second day?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)