|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did K try to salvage once he realized that the people who lived above them had left the building as well?
2. Who is repulsed by the physical deformity that Michael K has?
(a) His brother.
(b) His dad.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mom.
3. What had Anna saved in order to help her and Michael K get to the city where she wants to be?
(a) A map.
(d) A permit.
4. The nurses at the hospital ___________ to let Michael K stay with his mother overnight in the ward.
(c) Would not willing.
(d) Were willing.
5. Eventually, Michael K found a ____________ and ate until he was sick.
(b) Fruit tree.
(c) Meat factory.
(d) Vegetable garden.
6. What did Michael K and Anna need in order to get through the checkpoint at the outskirts of town?
(a) A bribe.
(b) A ticket.
(c) A letter of permission.
(d) A permit.
7. How did Michael K's mother feed her son since he could not breast feed or bottle feed?
(a) She didn't.
(b) A cup.
(c) A rag.
(d) By spoon.
8. What was wrong with Anna that Michael K decided that she needed to be taken to a hospital?
(c) Broken leg.
(d) Large cut on her forehead.
9. What was Michael K's first job once he left school and decided to find a reasonable job?
10. The ________ line of Michael's mouth ensured that his mouth would never close completely.
11. After there was an accident on the street with a military vehicle, there was a _________ which caused Michael K and his mother to hide.
12. What did the grandson of the Visages decide that Michael K was there for?
(a) To steal the valuables.
(b) To burn the house down.
(c) To be a servant.
(d) To help him take care of his mother.
13. One morning, men came and cleared out all of the ___________ in the apartment without any explanation to Michael K and Anna.
14. How long was it by car to travel to Prince Albert, according to Michael K's estimations?
(a) 4 days.
(b) A week.
(c) 5 hours.
(d) A day.
15. What did Michael K start working after he was attacked during a night shift at his job?
(a) Weekends only.
(d) He stopped working completely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Michael was not judged to be smart enough for regular school, so he was sent to a special _______ institution.
2. Where did Michael K and his mother sleep when he began to realize it might take days for them to reach Prince Albert?
3. What did Anna's employers allow her to go on once she became ill?
4. What did Michael K decide to abandon after his encounter with the soldier who took from him?
5. What would the hospital NOT give to Michael K's mother, even though she desperately needed it?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)