|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Anna have up her nose when she was in the hospital ward on the second day?
(a) A bandage.
(b) A cotton ball.
(c) A needle.
(d) A tube.
2. Michael K felt that it was his _______ to take care of his mother when she became ill.
3. At what apartments did Anna K work for the duration of her eight years of employment?
(a) Cape Town.
(b) Cote d'Azur.
(c) Prince Albert.
(d) Gold Territory.
4. The ________ line of Michael's mouth ensured that his mouth would never close completely.
5. Michael K liked working in ________ because people had never liked him due to his face.
(b) The storage room.
(c) Cape Town.
6. Why does Anna feel a connection to the town she wants to move to, as answered in #25?
(a) Her father is there.
(b) She has relatives there.
(c) She was born there.
(d) Her school is there.
7. After there was an accident on the street with a military vehicle, there was a _________ which caused Michael K and his mother to hide.
8. How did Michael K's mother feed her son since he could not breast feed or bottle feed?
(a) A rag.
(b) She didn't.
(c) By spoon.
(d) A cup.
9. What did Michael K and Anna need in order to get through the checkpoint at the outskirts of town?
(a) A permit.
(b) A bribe.
(c) A ticket.
(d) A letter of permission.
10. The nurses at the hospital ___________ to let Michael K stay with his mother overnight in the ward.
(a) Were willing.
(d) Would not willing.
11. How old was Michael K when he was able to leave school and get a job that paid him money?
12. What would the hospital NOT give to Michael K's mother, even though she desperately needed it?
(a) A glucose monitor.
(b) A bandage for her wound.
(c) A wheelchair.
(d) A new IV port.
13. Where did Michael K and his mother sleep when he began to realize it might take days for them to reach Prince Albert?
(a) A checkpoint.
(b) Undergrowth near the road.
(c) A tree.
(d) The hospital lobby.
14. Where did K go in order to steal the parts he felt he needed to make a makeshift seat for his mother to travel in?
(a) The hospital.
(b) Work shed.
(c) The basement.
(d) A hardware store.
15. Where was Anna's room located when she was able to stay with her employer's permission?
(a) Under the stairs.
(b) In a shed.
(c) In the closet.
(d) In an attic.
Short Answer Questions
1. A soldier came over to Michael K to warn him to stay _________ or else he might be shot on sight.
2. What did the grandson of the Visages decide that Michael K was there for?
3. What did Michael K end up eating from the ground because he was getting dizzy?
4. Who is repulsed by the physical deformity that Michael K has?
5. One morning, men came and cleared out all of the ___________ in the apartment without any explanation to Michael K and Anna.
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)