|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michael K was fed by some strangers, but the children continued to stare at his __________.
(a) Long hair.
(c) Long fingernails.
(d) Emaciated body.
2. What did Michael K end up eating from the ground because he was getting dizzy?
(a) Rotted fruit.
(b) Rotted meat.
(c) A piece of someone's bread.
(d) A squirrel.
3. What had collapsed, leaving the train track covered in rocks and other pieces of debris?
(a) The foundation.
(b) The hillside.
(c) The bridge.
(d) A tunnel.
4. What did a soldier who stopped Michael K on the side of the road take from him?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His money.
(c) The cart.
(d) His mother's ashes.
5. On what day of the week did Michael K always visit his mother, even when he was working on a regular basis?
(b) It varied.
6. Michael K liked working in ________ because people had never liked him due to his face.
(c) Cape Town.
(d) The storage room.
7. Michael K finally convinced Anna that he could take her away from the city by means of __________.
(a) A train.
(b) A plane.
(c) The cart.
(d) A truck.
8. At what apartments did Anna K work for the duration of her eight years of employment?
(a) Gold Territory.
(b) Prince Albert.
(c) Cape Town.
(d) Cote d'Azur.
9. Where does K go instead of going to work the day after his mother tells him that she wants to move?
(a) Train station.
(b) The hospital.
(c) A store.
(d) The border crossing.
10. What was Michael K in charge of cleaning when he was a night attendant for the parks service?
(a) The main lobby.
(b) Public bathrooms.
(c) The sidewalks.
(d) A work shed.
11. What did Michael use to fend off two would-be robbers from taking anything from himself and his mother?
(a) A book.
(b) A pipe.
(c) A gun.
(d) A piece of glass.
12. What did Michael K notice about himself even though he had not eaten in a few days?
(a) He was hungry.
(b) He was not hungry.
(c) He still had his strength.
(d) He was going crazy.
13. Why is Michael K unable to procure a ticket to get him and his mother to another city?
(a) Not enough money.
(b) There are no tickets available.
(c) His deformity.
(d) No permit.
14. The ________ line of Michael's mouth ensured that his mouth would never close completely.
15. How might Michael K describe the room where her mother was staying for a while?
(c) Rat infested.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did K try to salvage once he realized that the people who lived above them had left the building as well?
2. What did Michael K start working after he was attacked during a night shift at his job?
3. How long was it by car to travel to Prince Albert, according to Michael K's estimations?
4. What did Michael K refuse to do when he found out that his mother had died in the hospital?
5. How old was Michael K when he was able to leave school and get a job that paid him money?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)