|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did K try to salvage once he realized that the people who lived above them had left the building as well?
2. At what apartments did Anna K work for the duration of her eight years of employment?
(a) Gold Territory.
(b) Cape Town.
(c) Cote d'Azur.
(d) Prince Albert.
3. What did Michael K add to the cart in order to protect her from the worst of the weather?
(a) An umbrella attachment.
(b) A metal top.
(c) A set of windows.
(d) A canopy.
4. After there was an accident on the street with a military vehicle, there was a _________ which caused Michael K and his mother to hide.
5. Michael K finally convinced Anna that he could take her away from the city by means of __________.
(a) A plane.
(b) A truck.
(c) The cart.
(d) A train.
6. A soldier came over to Michael K to warn him to stay _________ or else he might be shot on sight.
(a) At the hostel.
(b) On the road.
(c) Off the road.
(d) In his home.
7. What did Michael K begin to do as he become more and more despondent about his situation?
(a) Sleep more.
(b) Sell his possessions.
(c) Eat more.
8. Where was Anna's room located when she was able to stay with her employer's permission?
(a) In an attic.
(b) Under the stairs.
(c) In a shed.
(d) In the closet.
9. What did Michael K end up eating from the ground because he was getting dizzy?
(a) Rotted fruit.
(b) A piece of someone's bread.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) Rotted meat.
10. What would the hospital NOT give to Michael K's mother, even though she desperately needed it?
(a) A wheelchair.
(b) A bandage for her wound.
(c) A new IV port.
(d) A glucose monitor.
11. Where did Michael K's mother take him in order to isolate him from other children?
(a) A pumpkin patch.
(b) A playground.
(c) A garden.
(d) Her work.
12. For whose department did Michael K work when he was finally able to find work?
(a) Cape Town.
(b) Point Arena.
(c) Prince Albert.
(d) White House.
13. Where did police put Michael K when they found him on the side of the road without any papers?
(d) Train car.
14. Where did K pay his rent though he said that he would not be coming back?
(a) The garden society.
15. Michael K is born with a ________ lip which causes him a number of problems in his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Anna have up her nose when she was in the hospital ward on the second day?
2. Michael K was fed by some strangers, but the children continued to stare at his __________.
3. What did Anna's employers allow her to go on once she became ill?
4. Eventually, Michael K found a ____________ and ate until he was sick.
5. How long does the clerk say that it might take for Michael K to hear about his paperwork?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)