|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Michael K in charge of cleaning when he was a night attendant for the parks service?
(a) Public bathrooms.
(b) A work shed.
(c) The main lobby.
(d) The sidewalks.
2. Where did K pay his rent though he said that he would not be coming back?
(b) The garden society.
3. A soldier came over to Michael K to warn him to stay _________ or else he might be shot on sight.
(a) On the road.
(b) Off the road.
(c) In his home.
(d) At the hostel.
4. What was happening to Michael K as well since he was spending so many nights in the damp cold with his mother?
(a) He was getting angry.
(b) He was getting sick.
(c) He was getting desperate.
(d) He was shrinking.
5. What did Michael K and Anna need in order to get through the checkpoint at the outskirts of town?
(a) A permit.
(b) A bribe.
(c) A ticket.
(d) A letter of permission.
6. Michael K is born with a ________ lip which causes him a number of problems in his life.
7. What did Michael use to fend off two would-be robbers from taking anything from himself and his mother?
(a) A book.
(b) A gun.
(c) A piece of glass.
(d) A pipe.
8. What did Anna's employers allow her to go on once she became ill?
(a) Their health insurance.
(b) A vacation.
(c) Light duty.
9. What did Michael K notice about himself even though he had not eaten in a few days?
(a) He still had his strength.
(b) He was hungry.
(c) He was going crazy.
(d) He was not hungry.
10. What did Michael K add to the cart in order to protect her from the worst of the weather?
(a) A canopy.
(b) A set of windows.
(c) A metal top.
(d) An umbrella attachment.
11. Where was Anna's room located when she was able to stay with her employer's permission?
(a) Under the stairs.
(b) In a shed.
(c) In an attic.
(d) In the closet.
12. What did Michael K start working after he was attacked during a night shift at his job?
(a) Weekends only.
(b) He stopped working completely.
13. One morning, men came and cleared out all of the ___________ in the apartment without any explanation to Michael K and Anna.
14. Michael K liked working in ________ because people had never liked him due to his face.
(a) Cape Town.
(d) The storage room.
15. What was Michael K's first job once he left school and decided to find a reasonable job?
Short Answer Questions
1. How might Michael K describe the room where her mother was staying for a while?
2. Michael K was fed by some strangers, but the children continued to stare at his __________.
3. Where did Michael K sleep when he could not find any gardening work after the death of his mother?
4. Who told Michael K's mother that his lip would improve and close up over time?
5. How long does the clerk say that it might take for Michael K to hear about his paperwork?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)