|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the things Michael learned while he attended the special school he did?
2. Where did K pay his rent though he said that he would not be coming back?
(c) The garden society.
3. Michael K finally convinced Anna that he could take her away from the city by means of __________.
(a) The cart.
(b) A truck.
(c) A train.
(d) A plane.
4. Michael K felt that it was his _______ to take care of his mother when she became ill.
5. How old was Michael K when he was able to leave school and get a job that paid him money?
6. Where does K go instead of going to work the day after his mother tells him that she wants to move?
(a) A store.
(b) The hospital.
(c) Train station.
(d) The border crossing.
7. The ________ line of Michael's mouth ensured that his mouth would never close completely.
8. Michael K is born with a ________ lip which causes him a number of problems in his life.
9. What did Michael K decide to abandon after his encounter with the soldier who took from him?
(a) His money.
(c) His name.
(d) His clothes.
10. Michael was not judged to be smart enough for regular school, so he was sent to a special _______ institution.
11. What did Michael K end up eating from the ground because he was getting dizzy?
(a) A piece of someone's bread.
(b) Rotted meat.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) Rotted fruit.
12. What was Michael K in charge of cleaning when he was a night attendant for the parks service?
(a) The main lobby.
(b) Public bathrooms.
(c) A work shed.
(d) The sidewalks.
13. The nurses at the hospital ___________ to let Michael K stay with his mother overnight in the ward.
(a) Would not willing.
(c) Were willing.
14. How long was it by car to travel to Prince Albert, according to Michael K's estimations?
(a) A week.
(b) 5 hours.
(c) 4 days.
(d) A day.
15. What did Michael K and Anna need in order to get through the checkpoint at the outskirts of town?
(a) A permit.
(b) A letter of permission.
(c) A bribe.
(d) A ticket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Anna saved in order to help her and Michael K get to the city where she wants to be?
2. Where did K go in order to steal the parts he felt he needed to make a makeshift seat for his mother to travel in?
3. On what day of the week did Michael K always visit his mother, even when he was working on a regular basis?
4. For whose department did Michael K work when he was finally able to find work?
5. What did Michael K start working after he was attacked during a night shift at his job?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)