|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The nurses at the hospital ___________ to let Michael K stay with his mother overnight in the ward.
(b) Were willing.
(d) Would not willing.
2. Where does K go instead of going to work the day after his mother tells him that she wants to move?
(a) The hospital.
(b) A store.
(c) The border crossing.
(d) Train station.
3. Why is Michael K unable to procure a ticket to get him and his mother to another city?
(a) No permit.
(b) There are no tickets available.
(c) Not enough money.
(d) His deformity.
4. Where did K go in order to steal the parts he felt he needed to make a makeshift seat for his mother to travel in?
(a) A hardware store.
(b) The basement.
(c) The hospital.
(d) Work shed.
5. Michael K was fed by some strangers, but the children continued to stare at his __________.
(a) Long fingernails.
(b) Long hair.
(d) Emaciated body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the grandson of the Visages decide that Michael K was there for?
2. Where did police put Michael K when they found him on the side of the road without any papers?
3. After the accident, it seems that travel was restricted to the ___________ by the order of the police and government.
4. What had Anna saved in order to help her and Michael K get to the city where she wants to be?
5. What did Michael K notice about himself even though he had not eaten in a few days?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)