|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told Michael K's mother that his lip would improve and close up over time?
(a) His father.
(b) Her doctor.
(c) His aunt.
(d) The midwife.
2. What did Michael K end up eating from the ground because he was getting dizzy?
(a) Rotted meat.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) A piece of someone's bread.
(d) Rotted fruit.
3. What was Michael K's first job once he left school and decided to find a reasonable job?
4. On what day of the week did Michael K always visit his mother, even when he was working on a regular basis?
(d) It varied.
5. Where did Michael K's mother take him in order to isolate him from other children?
(a) A playground.
(b) Her work.
(c) A garden.
(d) A pumpkin patch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Michael K felt that it was his _______ to take care of his mother when she became ill.
2. Where did Michael K sleep when he could not find any gardening work after the death of his mother?
3. Where did police put Michael K when they found him on the side of the road without any papers?
4. What did Michael K begin to do as he become more and more despondent about his situation?
5. What did Anna's employers allow her to go on once she became ill?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)