|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The nurses at the hospital ___________ to let Michael K stay with his mother overnight in the ward.
(c) Were willing.
(d) Would not willing.
2. What did Michael use to fend off two would-be robbers from taking anything from himself and his mother?
(a) A gun.
(b) A book.
(c) A piece of glass.
(d) A pipe.
3. Michael K is born with a ________ lip which causes him a number of problems in his life.
4. What is NOT one of the things Michael learned while he attended the special school he did?
5. What was Michael K's first job once he left school and decided to find a reasonable job?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was wrong with Anna that Michael K decided that she needed to be taken to a hospital?
2. At what age did Michael K have to start taking care of his mother, Anna, when her health began to fail?
3. Michael K finally convinced Anna that he could take her away from the city by means of __________.
4. Where did Michael K and his mother sleep when he began to realize it might take days for them to reach Prince Albert?
5. What did Michael K and Anna need in order to get through the checkpoint at the outskirts of town?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)