1. Michael K is born with a ________ lip which causes him a number of problems in his life.
2. Who is repulsed by the physical deformity that Michael K has?
(a) His mom.
(b) His dad.
(c) His sister.
(d) His brother.
3. The ________ line of Michael's mouth ensured that his mouth would never close completely.
4. How did Michael K's mother feed her son since he could not breast feed or bottle feed?
(a) A rag.
(b) She didn't.
(c) A cup.
(d) By spoon.
5. Who told Michael K's mother that his lip would improve and close up over time?
(a) The midwife.
(b) Her doctor.
(c) His father.
(d) His aunt.
6. Where did Michael K's mother take him in order to isolate him from other children?
(a) A garden.
(b) Her work.
(c) A pumpkin patch.
(d) A playground.
7. Michael was not judged to be smart enough for regular school, so he was sent to a special _______ institution.
This section contains 4,225 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)