|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Dr. Slop and Susannah throw at each other in Volume 6?
2. Who does Walter want to have tutor Tristram?
3. In Volume 5, what does Walter Shandy do while his son's wound is being tended?
4. What reaction does Susannah have to Bobby's death?
5. What are the "beds of justice"?
Essay Topic 1
What elements of foreshadowing are present in the novel? How does foreshadowing motivate the action of the plot? How does Sterne use foreshadowing as a marketing tool?
Essay Topic 2
How are love and marriage depicted in the novel? How do the male characters view love and marriage? How do the female characters view love and marriage? What lesson does Tristram learn about love?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the protagonist and antagonists of the novel. How is Tristram an "anti-hero"? What conflicts does he endure? How are the conflicts of the novel resolved?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)