Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Tristram when he is injured by a falling window sash?
2. Why does Toby become Billy Le Fever's guardian?
3. Who is called to tend Tristram's wound in Volume 5?
4. Who needs to have an eye examined in Volume 8?
5. In Volume 8, why does Walter write Toby a letter?
How are philosophies expressed in the novel? Describe the purpose Sterne may have had for Walter Shandy's philosophical ramblings. What philosophies does Tristram express and how do these ideas affect the action of the novel?
How does the setting of the novel affect the mood of the story? Describe the differences between Sterne's masculine and feminine settings. Why does the masculine setting dominate the novel?
Describe the symbolism evident in the novel. What is the significance of Bobby's death and Tristram's journey through France? How are symbols or symbolic imagery used to advance the plot?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)