Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Tristram when he is injured by a falling window sash?
2. Why does Toby become Billy Le Fever's guardian?
3. Who is called to tend Tristram's wound in Volume 5?
4. Who needs to have an eye examined in Volume 8?
5. In Volume 8, why does Walter write Toby a letter?
What impact does superficial and self-serving behavior have on the characters in the novel? Do any of the characters demonstrate growth or emotional development? What point might Sterne be making about human behavior?
Why might Sterne have had so many of his characters injured in the novel? How is Tristram's birth injury related to the injury of other characters? What injures do other characters suffer and how do these injuries express the themes of the novel?
Describe the symbolism evident in the novel. What is the significance of Bobby's death and Tristram's journey through France? How are symbols or symbolic imagery used to advance the plot?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)