|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susannah hope to inherit in Volume 5?
(a) Mrs. Shandy's dresses.
(b) Bobby Shandy's estate.
(c) Silver and china.
(d) A large sum of money.
2. In Volume 5, what does Walter Shandy do while his son's wound is being tended?
(a) Reads from his book.
(b) Rants and raves.
(c) Falls asleep.
(d) Paces the floor.
3. Who explains to Toby that he is in love?
(d) Mrs. Shandy.
4. For what item is Tristram forced to pay in Lyon?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A notebook.
(c) Another carriage.
(d) A new shoe.
5. Why doesn't Mrs. Shandy accompany Tristram to France?
(a) She does not like the smell.
(b) She is busy knitting breeches.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She fears mules.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Toby Shandy stop setting up battle scenes?
2. What new hobby does Toby Shandy pursue in Volume 6?
3. Who needs to have an eye examined in Volume 8?
4. Which famous Astronomical clock does Tristram describe in Volume 7?
5. What is Johnathan's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Walter Shandy react to Tristram's injury in Volume 5?
2. How does communication among the characters disintegrate in Volume 8?
3. Why does Tristram decide to travel abroad in Volume 7?
4. How does Toby plan to approach Widow Wadham about his affections?
5. What unusual friend does Tristram make in Lyon?
6. How does the Shandy household react to the news of Bobby's death?
7. How does Toby react to the end of the war?
8. Why do Toby and Trim temporarily move in with Widow Wadham?
9. Why does Trim take responsibility for Tristram's injury in Volume 5?
10. How does Toby discover his love for Widow Wadham?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)