|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tristram forced to sell in Lyon?
(a) His breeches.
(b) His sword.
(c) His carriage.
(d) His coat.
2. What does Walter Shandy decide to write in Volume 5?
(a) A history book.
(b) A philosophy volume.
(c) An educational book.
(d) An autobiography.
3. What is in Dover?
(a) A battle.
(b) A port.
(c) Cliffs to scale.
4. In Volume 8, why does Walter write Toby a letter?
(a) To apologize for his behavior.
(b) To encourage him to make a will.
(c) To express his anger.
(d) To explain how to deal with women.
5. How do the abbess and the novice make their mules move?
(a) By splitting the syllables of offensive words.
(b) By beating them with rods.
(c) By reciting poetry.
(d) By leading them with a rope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What concern does Widow Wadham express about Toby Shandy in Volume 8?
2. What unusual friend does Tristram make in Lyon?
3. What reaction does Trim have to Bobby's death?
4. From where does Lieutenant Le Fever come?
5. Which famous Astronomical clock does Tristram describe in Volume 7?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)