|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1 of Volume 5, what subject does Tristram discuss?
2. What concern does Widow Wadham express about Toby Shandy in Volume 8?
(a) His intelligence.
(b) His conversational abilities.
(c) The extent of his groin wound.
(d) His finances.
3. Who is Billy Le Fever?
(a) Trim's cousin.
(b) Toby's cousin.
(c) Lieutenant Le Fever's son.
(d) Toby's nephew.
4. Which animal does Tristram describe in Chapter 1 of Volume 6?
5. How long does Toby know the Widow Wadham before he falls in love with her?
(a) Eleven months.
(b) One year.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Eleven years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is called to tend Tristram's wound in Volume 5?
2. Which city does Tristram describe as nasty and foul-smelling?
3. How does Tristram describe love in his alphabetical listing?
4. Who does Bridget plan to seduce?
5. Why does Toby Shandy stop setting up battle scenes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Toby and Trim temporarily move in with Widow Wadham?
2. What inconsistencies exist in Tristram's friendship with Eugenuis?
3. Why does Tristram's mother eavesdrop on Walter and Toby's conversation in Volume 5?
4. Who is Lieutenant Le Fever?
5. How does Toby react to the end of the war?
6. What dispute arises over Tristram's injury in Volume 6?
7. What difficulty does Tristram encounter in Lyon?
8. Why does Tristram decide to travel abroad in Volume 7?
9. What could Bobby's death symbolize to Tristram?
10. How does Toby become Billy Le Fever's guardian?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)