|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has accompanied Tristram to France in the past?
(a) Walter and Mrs. Shandy.
(b) Walter, Toby and Trim.
(c) Trim and Obidiah.
(d) Julia and Trim.
2. Which commandment does Yorick ask Trim to repeat?
(a) The tenth.
(b) The third.
(c) The fifth.
(d) The first.
3. Which famous Astronomical clock does Tristram describe in Volume 7?
(a) Big Ben.
(b) The Jubilee clock.
(c) St. Mark's clock.
(d) Lippius's clock.
4. How old is Tristram when he is injured by a falling window sash?
5. For what item is Tristram forced to pay in Lyon?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A new shoe.
(c) Another carriage.
(d) A notebook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Mrs. Shandy accompany Tristram to France?
2. What do Dr. Slop and Susannah throw at each other in Volume 6?
3. Who is Billy Le Fever?
4. What are the "beds of justice"?
5. Who is buried in the tomb of the two lovers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What irony exists in Walter Shandy's attempt to write a child-rearing book?
2. How does Walter Shandy react to Tristram's injury in Volume 5?
3. How does communication among the characters disintegrate in Volume 8?
4. How is Tristram injured at the age of five?
5. Why do Toby and Trim temporarily move in with Widow Wadham?
6. What position does Toby recommend Billy Le Fever assume in the Shandy household?
7. Who is Lieutenant Le Fever?
8. What difficulty does Tristram encounter in Lyon?
9. Why does Tristram's mother eavesdrop on Walter and Toby's conversation in Volume 5?
10. How does Toby plan to approach Widow Wadham about his affections?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)