|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Toby Shandy stop setting up battle scenes?
(a) To spend more time with Tristram.
(b) He is preparing for Billy's arrival.
(c) The war ends.
(d) He is bored with war.
2. From where does Lieutenant Le Fever come?
3. Who feels guilty about removing the lead from the window?
4. What reaction does Walter Shandy have to Bobby's death?
(a) He goes back to sleep.
(b) He continues reading his book.
(c) He comments philosophically.
(d) He weeps uncontrollably.
5. How does Tristram escape death?
(a) By finding a wife.
(b) By going to war.
(c) By traveling abroad.
(d) By writing a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Mrs. Shandy accompany Tristram to France?
2. What does Walter Shandy decide to write in Volume 5?
3. Why are the lead weights removed from the window that falls on Tristram?
4. How does Tristram describe love in his alphabetical listing?
5. Which commandment does Yorick ask Trim to repeat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tristram decide to travel abroad in Volume 7?
2. How is Tristram injured at the age of five?
3. How does the Shandy household react to the news of Bobby's death?
4. How does Toby discover his love for Widow Wadham?
5. How does Toby react to the end of the war?
6. What unusual friend does Tristram make in Lyon?
7. What dispute arises over Tristram's injury in Volume 6?
8. What are the "beds of justice"?
9. What position does Toby recommend Billy Le Fever assume in the Shandy household?
10. Why does Trim take responsibility for Tristram's injury in Volume 5?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)