|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tristram find his travel notes?
(a) Crumpled up under a lady's hat.
(b) In the donkey's feed sack.
(c) Wadded up in the street.
(d) In his back pocket.
2. What does Susannah burn in Volume 6?
(a) A wig.
(b) A shift.
(c) A bedsheet.
(d) Her hand.
3. In Chapter 2 of Volume 8, to what does Tristram equate with love?
4. What are the "beds of justice"?
(a) Walter's bed.
(b) The couches in the parlor.
(c) The flowerbeds.
(d) Walter's law books.
5. In Volume 8, which character makes a battle plan with Toby to approach the Widow Wadham?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which famous Astronomical clock does Tristram describe in Volume 7?
2. Who is Tom?
3. Why are the lead weights removed from the window that falls on Tristram?
4. Why does Toby become Billy Le Fever's guardian?
5. What does Billy inherit from Lieutenant Le Fever?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tristram's mother eavesdrop on Walter and Toby's conversation in Volume 5?
2. Who is Lieutenant Le Fever?
3. What dispute arises over Tristram's injury in Volume 6?
4. How does the Shandy household react to the news of Bobby's death?
5. What unusual friend does Tristram make in Lyon?
6. What position does Toby recommend Billy Le Fever assume in the Shandy household?
7. How does Toby discover his love for Widow Wadham?
8. Why does Tristram decide to travel abroad in Volume 7?
9. Why does Walter Shandy write Toby a letter in Volume 8?
10. Why does Trim take responsibility for Tristram's injury in Volume 5?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)