|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day does Trim fall in love?
2. What do Dr. Slop and Susannah throw at each other in Volume 6?
(c) The poultice.
3. Who is Tom?
(a) Trim's nephew.
(b) Toby's brother.
(c) Toby's nephew.
(d) Trim's brother.
4. What does Billy inherit from Lieutenant Le Fever?
(b) A coat.
(c) A sword.
(d) A shift.
5. What is the irony evident in Walter Shandy's book?
(a) He neglects Tristram while writing.
(b) He only repeats what others have already said.
(c) His life is bland and uninteresting.
(d) He knows nothing about war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who explains to Toby that he is in love?
2. What does Susannah hope to inherit in Volume 5?
3. With whom does Trim fall in love?
4. What does Trim inherit from Lieutenant Le Fever?
5. What new hobby does Toby Shandy pursue in Volume 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Toby and Trim temporarily move in with Widow Wadham?
2. Why does Tristram decide to travel abroad in Volume 7?
3. What might Tristram mean when he describes romance as, "It is with love as with cuck-oldom"?
4. How does Toby plan to approach Widow Wadham about his affections?
5. Who is Lieutenant Le Fever?
6. What are the "beds of justice"?
7. Why does Trim take responsibility for Tristram's injury in Volume 5?
8. How does Toby become Billy Le Fever's guardian?
9. How does Walter Shandy react to Tristram's injury in Volume 5?
10. Why does Tristram's mother eavesdrop on Walter and Toby's conversation in Volume 5?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)