|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who keeps interrupting the story of the King of Bohemia?
2. How does Tristram describe love in his alphabetical listing?
3. What does the commissary accidentally damage in Volume 7?
(a) Tristram's shoes.
(b) Tristram's carriage.
(c) Tristram's notes.
(d) Tristram's breeches.
4. What reaction does Susannah have to Bobby's death?
(a) She runs into the kitchen weeping.
(b) She continues reading her book.
(c) She comments philosophically.
(d) She goes back to sleep.
5. For what item is Tristram forced to pay in Lyon?
(a) Another carriage.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A notebook.
(d) A new shoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Toby spend a few nights at the Widow Wadham's house?
2. Who falls in love with Toby Shandy in Volume 8?
3. Where does Lieutenant Le Fever die?
4. What reaction does Walter Shandy have to Bobby's death?
5. Who explains to Toby that he is in love?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Toby discover his love for Widow Wadham?
2. What inconsistencies exist in Tristram's friendship with Eugenuis?
3. How is Tristram injured at the age of five?
4. What could Bobby's death symbolize to Tristram?
5. What are the "beds of justice"?
6. How does Walter Shandy react to Tristram's injury in Volume 5?
7. What might Tristram mean when he describes romance as, "It is with love as with cuck-oldom"?
8. Why does Tristram's mother eavesdrop on Walter and Toby's conversation in Volume 5?
9. How does Toby react to the end of the war?
10. What dispute arises over Tristram's injury in Volume 6?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)