|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bridget plan to seduce?
2. What is Johnathan's profession?
(a) The coachman.
(b) The cook.
(c) The undertaker.
(d) The butler.
3. What does Trim inherit from Lieutenant Le Fever?
(a) A sword.
(c) A coat.
(d) A shift.
4. Which famous Astronomical clock does Tristram describe in Volume 7?
(a) Lippius's clock.
(b) St. Mark's clock.
(c) Big Ben.
(d) The Jubilee clock.
5. What does Walter Shandy like to drink?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who plans on spying on Toby through a keyhole?
2. In Chapter 2 of Volume 8, to what does Tristram equate with love?
3. Who does Tristram consult for advice in Volume 7?
4. Why are the lead weights removed from the window that falls on Tristram?
5. Where does Lieutenant Le Fever die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Walter Shandy write Toby a letter in Volume 8?
2. What might Tristram mean when he describes romance as, "It is with love as with cuck-oldom"?
3. Why does Tristram's mother eavesdrop on Walter and Toby's conversation in Volume 5?
4. How does the Shandy household react to the news of Bobby's death?
5. How does Toby react to the end of the war?
6. Why does Tristram decide to travel abroad in Volume 7?
7. How is Tristram injured at the age of five?
8. How does Toby become Billy Le Fever's guardian?
9. How does Toby discover his love for Widow Wadham?
10. What position does Toby recommend Billy Le Fever assume in the Shandy household?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)