|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what item is Tristram forced to pay in Lyon?
(a) A new shoe.
(b) A notebook.
(c) Another carriage.
(d) A suitcase.
2. What does Susannah hope to inherit in Volume 5?
(a) Mrs. Shandy's dresses.
(b) Silver and china.
(c) Bobby Shandy's estate.
(d) A large sum of money.
3. Who plans on spying on Toby through a keyhole?
(a) Mrs. Shandy.
4. What reaction does Walter Shandy have to Bobby's death?
(a) He comments philosophically.
(b) He continues reading his book.
(c) He weeps uncontrollably.
(d) He goes back to sleep.
5. Why does Toby become Billy Le Fever's guardian?
(a) Billy's mother dies.
(b) Lieutenant Le Fever dies.
(c) Billy's mother and father leave him on the doorstep.
(d) Lieutenant Le Fever goes to war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bridget plan to seduce?
2. Where does Toby Shandy set up his battle scenes?
3. What does Susannah burn in Volume 6?
4. What does Walter Shandy like to drink?
5. Why does Toby spend a few nights at the Widow Wadham's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Tristram injured at the age of five?
2. What position does Toby recommend Billy Le Fever assume in the Shandy household?
3. How does Toby plan to approach Widow Wadham about his affections?
4. How does the Shandy household react to the news of Bobby's death?
5. Describe the farcical nature of the story of the abbess and the novice.
6. Why do Toby and Trim temporarily move in with Widow Wadham?
7. Who is Lieutenant Le Fever?
8. How does Toby discover his love for Widow Wadham?
9. How does Walter Shandy react to Tristram's injury in Volume 5?
10. What could Bobby's death symbolize to Tristram?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)