|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tristram relieve himself out the window in Volume 5?
(a) It is raining too hard to go outside.
(b) The chamber pot is missing from under the bed.
(c) He is too busy playing to go down to the outhouse.
(d) The toilet is not working.
2. Who attempts to tell the story of the King of Bohemia?
3. What reaction does Trim have to Bobby's death?
(a) He goes back to sleep.
(b) He weeps uncontrollably.
(c) He continues reading his book.
(d) He delivers a poetical speech.
4. What is in Dover?
(a) A battle.
(b) Cliffs to scale.
(c) A port.
5. What is Johnathan's profession?
(a) The butler.
(b) The coachman.
(c) The cook.
(d) The undertaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2 of Volume 8, to what does Tristram equate with love?
2. Who does Bridget plan to seduce?
3. What concern does Tristram voice in Chapter 1 of Volume 7?
4. On what day does Trim fall in love?
5. Who needs to have an eye examined in Volume 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What dispute arises over Tristram's injury in Volume 6?
2. What inconsistencies exist in Tristram's friendship with Eugenuis?
3. What could Bobby's death symbolize to Tristram?
4. How does communication among the characters disintegrate in Volume 8?
5. Why does Walter Shandy write Toby a letter in Volume 8?
6. Who is Lieutenant Le Fever?
7. How does Toby discover his love for Widow Wadham?
8. How does Toby plan to approach Widow Wadham about his affections?
9. How does Toby become Billy Le Fever's guardian?
10. What unusual friend does Tristram make in Lyon?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)