|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who falls in love with Toby Shandy in Volume 8?
(b) Mrs. Shandy.
(c) Widow Wadham.
2. What does the Widow Wadham kick out of her way in Volume 8?
(a) A chamberpot.
(b) A coal scuttle.
(c) A corking pin.
(d) A dog.
3. What does Tristram write about Calais?
(a) A history of the town.
(b) His time with Julia.
(c) The streets are nasty and foul-smelling.
(d) The cuisine.
4. Who is Billy Le Fever?
(a) Lieutenant Le Fever's son.
(b) Toby's nephew.
(c) Trim's cousin.
(d) Toby's cousin.
5. Where does Lieutenant Le Fever die?
(a) On the bowling green.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) On the battlefield.
(d) In the village inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reaction does Trim have to Bobby's death?
2. Why are the lead weights removed from the window that falls on Tristram?
3. Who does Walter want to have tutor Tristram?
4. With whom does Trim fall in love?
5. What concern does Tristram voice in Chapter 1 of Volume 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Toby become Billy Le Fever's guardian?
2. Why does Tristram's mother eavesdrop on Walter and Toby's conversation in Volume 5?
3. How does Toby react to the end of the war?
4. Why does Trim take responsibility for Tristram's injury in Volume 5?
5. Who is Lieutenant Le Fever?
6. How does Toby plan to approach Widow Wadham about his affections?
7. Describe the farcical nature of the story of the abbess and the novice.
8. What dispute arises over Tristram's injury in Volume 6?
9. How does Toby discover his love for Widow Wadham?
10. How does the Shandy household react to the news of Bobby's death?
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)