|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who feels guilty about removing the lead from the window?
2. Who does Walter want to have tutor Tristram?
(c) Billy Le Fever.
3. What does Walter Shandy like to drink?
4. In Volume 8, which character makes a battle plan with Toby to approach the Widow Wadham?
5. Which animal does Tristram describe in Chapter 1 of Volume 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Mrs. Shandy accompany Tristram to France?
2. How does Tristram travel to Paris?
3. Who does Tristram consult for advice in Volume 7?
4. Who is called to tend Tristram's wound in Volume 5?
5. What reaction does Trim have to Bobby's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tristram's mother eavesdrop on Walter and Toby's conversation in Volume 5?
2. What inconsistencies exist in Tristram's friendship with Eugenuis?
3. How does communication among the characters disintegrate in Volume 8?
4. Why does Walter Shandy write Toby a letter in Volume 8?
5. How does Toby plan to approach Widow Wadham about his affections?
6. How does Toby discover his love for Widow Wadham?
7. How does Walter Shandy react to Tristram's injury in Volume 5?
8. What irony exists in Walter Shandy's attempt to write a child-rearing book?
9. What might Tristram mean when he describes romance as, "It is with love as with cuck-oldom"?
10. Why do Toby and Trim temporarily move in with Widow Wadham?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)