|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has accompanied Tristram to France in the past?
(a) Walter, Toby and Trim.
(b) Julia and Trim.
(c) Walter and Mrs. Shandy.
(d) Trim and Obidiah.
2. Who plans on spying on Toby through a keyhole?
(a) Mrs. Shandy.
3. Who needs to have an eye examined in Volume 8?
(d) Widow Wadham.
4. Who feels guilty about removing the lead from the window?
5. Who does Bridget plan to seduce?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Mrs. Shandy accompany Tristram to France?
2. How does Tristram describe love in his alphabetical listing?
3. For what position does Toby recommend Billy Le Fever?
4. How do the abbess and the novice make their mules move?
5. For what item is Tristram forced to pay in Lyon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What difficulty does Tristram encounter in Lyon?
2. Why does Tristram decide to travel abroad in Volume 7?
3. Why does Walter Shandy write Toby a letter in Volume 8?
4. Describe the farcical nature of the story of the abbess and the novice.
5. What inconsistencies exist in Tristram's friendship with Eugenuis?
6. How does Toby become Billy Le Fever's guardian?
7. Why does Tristram's mother eavesdrop on Walter and Toby's conversation in Volume 5?
8. Who is Lieutenant Le Fever?
9. How does Toby discover his love for Widow Wadham?
10. How does Walter Shandy react to Tristram's injury in Volume 5?
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)