|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Walter want Tristram to wear breeches?
(a) To appear modest.
(b) To hide his deformity.
(c) To imitate his father.
(d) To appear more manly.
2. Why does Toby Shandy stop setting up battle scenes?
(a) He is preparing for Billy's arrival.
(b) The war ends.
(c) He is bored with war.
(d) To spend more time with Tristram.
3. What does the Widow Wadham kick out of her way in Volume 8?
(a) A dog.
(b) A chamberpot.
(c) A corking pin.
(d) A coal scuttle.
4. In Volume 8, why does Walter write Toby a letter?
(a) To explain how to deal with women.
(b) To encourage him to make a will.
(c) To express his anger.
(d) To apologize for his behavior.
5. What reaction does Trim have to Bobby's death?
(a) He goes back to sleep.
(b) He delivers a poetical speech.
(c) He weeps uncontrollably.
(d) He continues reading his book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tristram find his travel notes?
2. What concern does Widow Wadham express about Toby Shandy in Volume 8?
3. What is in Dover?
4. What is the irony evident in Walter Shandy's book?
5. Who is Billy Le Fever?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)