|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Uncle Toby, when do Tristram's problems begin?
(a) At the age of five.
(b) Sixty seconds after he is conceived.
(c) At birth.
(d) Nine months before he enters the world.
2. What type of book does Toby plan to write?
(a) A war manual.
(b) An autobiography.
(c) A history book.
(d) A book of poetry.
3. What happens to Bobby at the end of Volume 4?
(a) He dies.
(b) He embarks on a tour of Europe.
(c) He marries a French woman.
(d) He arrives to rescue Tristram.
4. What is Homenas?
(a) A town.
(b) A law text.
(c) A song.
(d) A church.
5. Who does Tristram compare to the main character in Don Quixote?
(a) Walter Shandy.
(b) Toby Shandy.
(c) Mr. Yorick.
(d) Dr. Slop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of handkerchief does Walter Shandy use in Volume 3?
2. What does Phutatoruis exclaim when he is injured?
3. What does Trim oil in Volume 3?
4. Who is Slawkenburguis?
5. Who helps the village midwife attain a license?
Short Essay Questions
1. With what hobby is Toby Shandy obsessed?
2. How does Tristram end up with the wrong name?
3. Describe Dr. Slop.
4. What distracts Walter Shandy from his ire at the end of Volume 4?
5. Why does Walter Shandy decide to name his son Trismegistus?
6. Why is Dr. Slop angry with Obidiah in Volume 3?
7. Why does Tristram's mother give birth in the country?
8. Describe Yorick.
9. Why does Obidiah ride to Dr. Slop's residence twice?
10. What declaration does Tristram make about his narration in Volume 1?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)