|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who delivers a fine sermon while the other characters wait for Tristram's birth?
(b) Mr. Yorick.
2. In Volume 3, what confusion does Toby have about Dr. Slop's creation?
(a) He asks if the doctor is French.
(b) He thinks the sandwich is for him.
(c) He thinks the doctor is creating a drawbridge for him.
(d) He wonders why a doctor would use a spoon for a knife.
3. What is Diduis' profession?
(a) A lawyer.
(c) A writer.
(d) The bishop.
4. Who is Bobby?
(a) Tristram's youngest brother.
(b) Tristram's uncle.
(c) Tristram's eldest brother.
(d) Tristram's imaginary friend.
5. When was Tristram conceived?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sent to fetch Dr. Slop?
2. What medical procedure does Walter Shandy suggest for his wife?
3. How tall is Dr. Slop?
4. Where does the preface appear in Volume 3?
5. Who is sent to fetch Dr. Slop's medicine bag?
Short Essay Questions
1. What topics do the men discuss in Volume 2 while waiting for Tristram's birth?
2. Describe Dr. Slop.
3. Why does Obidiah ride to Dr. Slop's residence twice?
4. What differing opinions do Walter Shandy and his wife have about childbirth?
5. How does Tristram end up with the wrong name?
6. What concerns does Walter Shandy have about Dr. Slop's medical abilities?
7. How does Walter Shandy attempt to change Tristram's name?
8. Describe Walter Shandy.
9. Why is Dr. Slop offended by the midwife's request to attend the birthing?
10. Why does Tristram's mother give birth in the country?
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)