|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dolly?
(a) The midwife.
(b) Mr. Yorick's horse.
(c) The chambermaid.
(d) Toby Shandy's wife.
2. How long does Toby take to recover from his injury?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Six days.
(c) Six months.
(d) Six years.
3. When the midwife falls, what does Dr. Slop offer to examine?
(a) Her shin.
(b) Her hand.
(c) Her hip.
(d) Her nose.
4. What is Diduis' profession?
(a) The bishop.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A writer.
5. Who has the power to change Tristram's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Trim?
2. What concern does Walter Shandy express about his son's birth in Volume 2?
3. What is Yorick's first name?
4. Who helps the village midwife attain a license?
5. What saves Toby's life after the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Walter Shandy help his brother after he returns from war?
2. Describe Yorick.
3. What distracts Walter Shandy from his ire at the end of Volume 4?
4. Why does Tristram's mother give birth in the country?
5. How is Tristram's face deformed?
6. Describe Toby Shandy.
7. What unusual literary element is placed in the middle of Volume 3?
8. What differing opinions do Walter Shandy and his wife have about childbirth?
9. How does Walter Shandy attempt to change Tristram's name?
10. Describe Walter Shandy.
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)