|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Aunt Dinah have an affair?
(a) The butler.
(b) Toby Shandy.
(c) Mr. Yorick.
(d) The coachman.
2. In Volume 3, what does Dr. Slop create in the kitchen?
(a) A scalpel.
(b) A bridge.
(c) A sandwich.
(d) An omelet.
3. What type of book does Toby plan to write?
(a) An autobiography.
(b) A war manual.
(c) A book of poetry.
(d) A history book.
4. What does Mr. Yorick often loan the villagers?
(a) His horses.
(c) His cloak.
5. When considering names for his newborn son, which name does Walter like the least?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Dr. Slop to come to the birthing room?
2. Why is Tristram's christening rushed?
3. Which famous engineer do Toby and Walter discuss while waiting for Tristram's birth?
4. How long does Toby take to recover from his injury?
5. Where on his body is Toby Shandy wounded?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Obidiah ride to Dr. Slop's residence twice?
2. How does Yorick assist the midwife?
3. Describe Tristram Shandy.
4. What topics do the men discuss in Volume 2 while waiting for Tristram's birth?
5. What concerns does Walter Shandy have about Dr. Slop's medical abilities?
6. To what does Uncle Toby attribute to Tristram's problems before entering the world?
7. What differing opinions do Walter Shandy and his wife have about childbirth?
8. How does Toby's hobby assist in his recovery?
9. How does Walter Shandy react to Tristram's deformity?
10. How does Walter Shandy help his brother after he returns from war?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)