|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phutatoruis exclaim when he is injured?
2. With whom does Aunt Dinah have an affair?
(a) The butler.
(b) Toby Shandy.
(c) Mr. Yorick.
(d) The coachman.
3. Who has the power to change Tristram's name?
4. What part of baby Tristram's body is damaged during delivery?
(a) His head.
(b) His left foot.
(c) His nose.
(d) His ears.
5. How is Toby wounded in Volume 3?
(a) Dr. Slop's forceps tear his skin.
(b) He faints at the sight of the scalpel.
(c) He pinches his thumb in the clamp.
(d) He trips over the rug and falls.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Obidiah have?
2. How does Walter Shandy determine to compensate for Tristram's deformity?
3. What is Mrs. Shandy's maiden name?
4. Who is the narrator?
5. Why does Yorick christen Tristram with the wrong name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Walter Shandy decide to name his son Trismegistus?
2. How does Yorick assist the midwife?
3. Why does Trim deliver a sermon in Volume 2?
4. Describe Tristram Shandy.
5. Why is Dr. Slop angry with Obidiah in Volume 3?
6. Describe Toby Shandy.
7. What is Slawkenburguis' story?
8. What misunderstanding does Toby have about bridges in Volume 3?
9. Describe Dr. Slop.
10. What unusual literary element is placed in the middle of Volume 3?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)