|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Trim?
(a) Toby's servant and friend.
(b) Toby's nephew.
(c) Walter's servant.
(d) Toby's commanding officer.
2. Which famous poet does Tristram quote in Volume 1?
3. Who is Dolly?
(a) The midwife.
(b) The chambermaid.
(c) Mr. Yorick's horse.
(d) Toby Shandy's wife.
4. On which night does Walter Shandy always wind the clock?
5. What is in Flanders?
(a) The most effective physicians.
(b) Toby and the British army.
(c) Bobby's university.
(d) The finest lacemakers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Shandy question while she and her husband are conceiving Tristram?
2. What does Walter Shandy want to name his newborn son?
3. In Volume 3, what does Dr. Slop create in the kitchen?
4. How does Walter Shandy determine to compensate for Tristram's deformity?
5. Why does Toby Shandy come to live with Walter and his family?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Toby's hobby assist in his recovery?
2. How does Walter Shandy attempt to change Tristram's name?
3. Whom does Dr. Slop blame for his injury?
4. What topics do the men discuss in Volume 2 while waiting for Tristram's birth?
5. Describe Yorick.
6. How does Walter Shandy help his brother after he returns from war?
7. Describe Walter Shandy.
8. What declaration does Tristram make about his narration in Volume 1?
9. What differing opinions do Walter Shandy and his wife have about childbirth?
10. What misunderstanding does Toby have about bridges in Volume 3?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)