|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comfort does Dr. Slop offer Walter Shandy in Volume 2?
(a) Medicine has made great advances.
(b) Children do grow up and move away.
(c) All births are difficult.
(d) He is young enough to find another wife.
2. In Volume 3, what does Dr. Slop create in the kitchen?
(a) A scalpel.
(b) A bridge.
(c) An omelet.
(d) A sandwich.
3. What is Homenas?
(a) A law text.
(b) A song.
(c) A town.
(d) A church.
4. Who asks Dr. Slop to come to the birthing room?
(b) Walter Shandy.
(d) The midwife.
5. How many children does Obidiah have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trim oil in Volume 3?
2. Who is sent to fetch Dr. Slop's medicine bag?
3. Which famous engineer do Toby and Walter discuss while waiting for Tristram's birth?
4. Which famous poet does Tristram quote in Volume 1?
5. Why is Tristram's christening rushed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Dr. Slop angry with Obidiah in Volume 3?
2. Describe Tristram Shandy.
3. With what hobby is Toby Shandy obsessed?
4. Why does Walter Shandy decide to name his son Trismegistus?
5. Whom does Dr. Slop blame for his injury?
6. How does Walter Shandy help his brother after he returns from war?
7. How is Tristram's face deformed?
8. Describe Yorick.
9. Why does Tristram's mother give birth in the country?
10. What misunderstanding does Toby have about bridges in Volume 3?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)