|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Shandy's maiden name?
(a) Emily Yorick.
(b) Elizabeth Mollineux.
(c) Elizabeth Yorick.
(d) Elsabeth Mollard.
2. Where does Mrs. Shandy wish to deliver her child?
(a) The Shandy estate.
3. What does Mr. Yorick often loan the villagers?
(a) His cloak.
(c) His horses.
4. Who is the narrator?
(a) Walter Shandy.
(b) Mr. Yorick.
(c) Toby Shandy.
(d) Tristram Shandy.
5. In Volume 3, what confusion does Toby have about Dr. Slop's creation?
(a) He asks if the doctor is French.
(b) He thinks the sandwich is for him.
(c) He wonders why a doctor would use a spoon for a knife.
(d) He thinks the doctor is creating a drawbridge for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Shandy wish to have deliver her child?
2. What is Yorick's first name?
3. Who does Tristram compare to the main character in Don Quixote?
4. Whom does Phutatoruis blame for his injury?
5. When considering names for his newborn son, which name does Walter like the least?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Walter Shandy attempt to change Tristram's name?
2. What concerns does Walter Shandy have about Dr. Slop's medical abilities?
3. Why is Dr. Slop offended by the midwife's request to attend the birthing?
4. How does Toby's hobby assist in his recovery?
5. How does Walter Shandy react to Tristram's deformity?
6. Describe Dr. Slop.
7. With what hobby is Toby Shandy obsessed?
8. How is Phutatoruis injured in Volume 4?
9. What unusual literary element is placed in the middle of Volume 3?
10. Why does Trim deliver a sermon in Volume 2?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)