|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where on his body is Trim wounded?
(a) His head.
(b) His groin.
(c) His back.
(d) His knee.
2. What type of book does Toby plan to write?
(a) A war manual.
(b) An autobiography.
(c) A book of poetry.
(d) A history book.
3. What falls after Walter realizes Tristram has been named incorrectly?
(a) The bed.
(b) The clock.
(c) A glass vase.
(d) His breeches.
4. What animal does Toby gently catch and release when Tristram is ten?
(a) A flea.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A fly.
(d) A gnat.
5. Who delivers a fine sermon while the other characters wait for Tristram's birth?
(d) Mr. Yorick.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many miles away does Dr. Slop live?
2. What medical instrument does Dr. Slop show Toby?
3. What does Phutatoruis exclaim when he is injured?
4. Who is Dolly?
5. What explanation does Toby give for Mrs. Shandy's reluctance to employ Dr. Slop?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Dr. Slop angry with Obidiah in Volume 3?
2. How is Phutatoruis injured in Volume 4?
3. With what hobby is Toby Shandy obsessed?
4. Why is Dr. Slop offended by the midwife's request to attend the birthing?
5. What topics do the men discuss in Volume 2 while waiting for Tristram's birth?
6. How does Toby's hobby assist in his recovery?
7. To what does Uncle Toby attribute to Tristram's problems before entering the world?
8. Describe Dr. Slop.
9. How does Walter Shandy attempt to change Tristram's name?
10. Describe Tristram Shandy.
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)