|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Homenas?
(a) A song.
(b) A town.
(c) A law text.
(d) A church.
2. What concern does Walter Shandy express about his son's birth in Volume 2?
(a) Mrs. Shandy's pelvis could crush his head.
(b) A breech birth is indicative of a stubborn child.
(c) Mrs. Shandy is too old to deliver a child.
(d) A long delivery could cause a deformity.
3. Who is Trim?
(a) Walter's servant.
(b) Toby's servant and friend.
(c) Toby's nephew.
(d) Toby's commanding officer.
4. Who does Tristram compare to the main character in Don Quixote?
(a) Toby Shandy.
(b) Dr. Slop.
(c) Walter Shandy.
(d) Mr. Yorick.
5. What does Trim oil in Volume 3?
(a) Door hinges.
(b) The floor.
(c) His hair.
(d) The generator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Bobby at the end of Volume 4?
2. In Volume 4, why does the man with the big nose travel to Strasborg?
3. What falls after Walter realizes Tristram has been named incorrectly?
4. In Volume 3, what does Dr. Slop create in the kitchen?
5. How does Dr. Slop injure baby Tristram during delivery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Toby Shandy.
2. Why does Walter Shandy decide to name his son Trismegistus?
3. How does Toby's hobby assist in his recovery?
4. Whom does Dr. Slop blame for his injury?
5. Describe Walter Shandy.
6. How is Phutatoruis injured in Volume 4?
7. How does Yorick assist the midwife?
8. What misunderstanding does Toby have about bridges in Volume 3?
9. What concerns does Walter Shandy have about Dr. Slop's medical abilities?
10. What distracts Walter Shandy from his ire at the end of Volume 4?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)