|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Shandy wish to have deliver her child?
(a) Mr. Yorick.
(b) The village midwife.
(c) Dr. Slop.
(d) Walter Shandy.
2. Who is present at Mr. Yorick's death?
(a) Dr. Slop.
3. When was Tristram conceived?
4. Tristram interrupts his story about Toby with an anecdote about which author?
(a) Edgar Allen Poe.
(c) John Locke.
5. What does Toby buy to help plan out his old battles?
(a) A map.
(b) A riding crop.
(c) A scope.
(d) A compass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dolly?
2. Who is the Homunculus?
3. Where does Mrs. Shandy wish to deliver her child?
4. Who asks Dr. Slop to come to the birthing room?
5. When considering names for his newborn son, which name does Walter like the least?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Dr. Slop.
2. Whom does Dr. Slop blame for his injury?
3. How does Walter Shandy attempt to change Tristram's name?
4. With what hobby is Toby Shandy obsessed?
5. Describe Walter Shandy.
6. How does Tristram end up with the wrong name?
7. Describe Yorick.
8. What declaration does Tristram make about his narration in Volume 1?
9. Why does Trim deliver a sermon in Volume 2?
10. What is Slawkenburguis' story?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)