|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Shandy's maiden name?
(a) Elsabeth Mollard.
(b) Elizabeth Mollineux.
(c) Emily Yorick.
(d) Elizabeth Yorick.
2. To what does Walter Shandy attribute his family problems?
(a) Bad karma.
(b) Bad food.
(d) Their small noses.
3. Who is Mr. Yorick?
(a) The midwife's husband.
(b) The village doctor.
(c) The village parson.
(d) Walter's servant.
4. What part of baby Tristram's body is damaged during delivery?
(a) His ears.
(b) His nose.
(c) His head.
(d) His left foot.
5. How does Dr. Slop injure baby Tristram during delivery?
(a) He sews Tristram's ears to his head.
(b) He accidentally circumcises Tristram.
(c) He drops Tristram on his head.
(d) With his forceps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of book does Toby plan to write?
2. What is Phutatoruis' profession?
3. Why is Dr. Slop offended by the sermon delivered in Volume 2?
4. Why does Yorick christen Tristram with the wrong name?
5. What is dropped into Phutatoruis' lap in Volume 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Tristram's face deformed?
2. What concerns does Walter Shandy have about Dr. Slop's medical abilities?
3. Why is Dr. Slop offended by the midwife's request to attend the birthing?
4. To what does Uncle Toby attribute to Tristram's problems before entering the world?
5. Describe Dr. Slop.
6. Why does Trim deliver a sermon in Volume 2?
7. How does Walter Shandy react to Tristram's deformity?
8. What declaration does Tristram make about his narration in Volume 1?
9. Why does Walter Shandy decide to name his son Trismegistus?
10. What differing opinions do Walter Shandy and his wife have about childbirth?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)