|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Yorick?
(a) The midwife's husband.
(b) Walter's servant.
(c) The village doctor.
(d) The village parson.
2. Who is Bobby?
(a) Tristram's imaginary friend.
(b) Tristram's eldest brother.
(c) Tristram's uncle.
(d) Tristram's youngest brother.
3. Why does Toby Shandy come to live with Walter and his family?
(a) He lost all his money in a bet.
(b) His parents abandoned him.
(c) To recover from a war wound.
(d) He is too old to live alone.
4. What opinion does Tristram have about time?
(a) It moves too slowly.
(b) Everyone's concept of time is different.
(c) It is meaningless.
(d) It moves too quickly.
5. What does Phutatoruis exclaim when he is injured?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sent to fetch Dr. Slop's medicine bag?
2. How does Dr. Slop injure baby Tristram during delivery?
3. Why is Dr. Slop offended by the request to come to the birthing room?
4. Who is Slawkenburguis?
5. Why does Yorick christen Tristram with the wrong name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What unusual literary element is placed in the middle of Volume 3?
2. How does Walter Shandy react to Tristram's deformity?
3. Describe Walter Shandy.
4. Whom does Dr. Slop blame for his injury?
5. What topics do the men discuss in Volume 2 while waiting for Tristram's birth?
6. Describe Toby Shandy.
7. Why does Tristram's mother give birth in the country?
8. Describe Tristram Shandy.
9. To what does Uncle Toby attribute to Tristram's problems before entering the world?
10. How does Toby's hobby assist in his recovery?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)