|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Tristram conceived?
2. How tall is Dr. Slop?
(a) Five and three-quarters of a foot tall.
(b) Four and a half feet tall.
(c) Six feet tall.
(d) Three feet, eleven inches tall.
3. What is Trim's true name?
(a) James Butler.
(b) Tad Most.
(c) Todd Moore.
(d) John Smith.
4. What is Diduis' profession?
(a) A writer.
(b) The bishop.
(c) A lawyer.
5. What concerns does Walter Shandy have about Dr. Slop's abilities?
(a) He thinks the doctor is too short to operate.
(b) He questions the validity of his medical license.
(c) He is concerned that the forceps will damage the baby.
(d) He believes the doctor has been drinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Slop injure baby Tristram during delivery?
2. Which famous poet does Tristram quote in Volume 1?
3. What comfort does Dr. Slop offer Walter Shandy in Volume 2?
4. What does Toby buy to help plan out his old battles?
5. Why is Dr. Slop angry at Obidiah in Volume 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What point does Walter Shandy make in his discourse about womens' obsession with sex?
2. What are the "beds of justice"?
3. Why is Dr. Slop angry with Obidiah in Volume 3?
4. Describe Dr. Slop.
5. How does Trim attempt to dissuade Toby from approaching the Widow Wadham in Volume 9?
6. What distracts Walter Shandy from his ire at the end of Volume 4?
7. Describe Tristram Shandy.
8. What inconsistencies exist in Tristram's friendship with Eugenuis?
9. What dispute arises over Tristram's injury in Volume 6?
10. What difficulty does Tristram encounter in Lyon?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)