Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Yorick?
(a) The midwife's husband.
(b) Walter's servant.
(c) The village doctor.
(d) The village parson.
2. Where on his body is Trim wounded?
(a) His head.
(b) His back.
(c) His groin.
(d) His knee.
3. Where is Mrs. Shandy forced to deliver her child?
(b) Along the roadside.
(c) The Shandy estate.
(d) The village inn.
4. What is Phutatoruis' profession?
(a) The bishop.
(b) A writer.
(c) A lawyer.
5. Who dies and leaves Walter a substantial inheritance in Volume 4?
(a) Hammond Shandy.
(b) Mr. Yorick.
(d) Aunt Dinah.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tristram interrupts his story about Toby with an anecdote about which author?
2. Of what descent is Mr. Yorick's family?
3. Who is Trim?
4. What does Walter Shandy want to name his newborn son?
5. Where on his body is Toby Shandy wounded?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Walter Shandy write Toby a letter in Volume 8?
2. What unusual friend does Tristram make in Lyon?
3. What irony exists in Walter Shandy's attempt to write a child-rearing book?
4. How does Walter Shandy react to Tristram's injury in Volume 5?
5. Why does Sterne follow Toby's entrance into the widow's house with two blank chapters?
6. How does Walter Shandy help his brother after he returns from war?
7. How does Toby discover his love for Widow Wadham?
8. Who is Lieutenant Le Fever?
9. What dispute arises over Tristram's injury in Volume 6?
10. What distracts Walter Shandy from his ire at the end of Volume 4?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)