|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Toby gently catch and release when Tristram is ten?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A flea.
(c) A gnat.
(d) A fly.
2. In Volume 4, why does the man with the big nose travel to Strasborg?
(a) To attend a nose convention.
(b) To find a wife.
(c) To sell a cow.
(d) To seek a surgeon.
3. What does Phutatoruis exclaim when he is injured?
4. Who is Dolly?
(a) Mr. Yorick's horse.
(b) The midwife.
(c) The chambermaid.
(d) Toby Shandy's wife.
5. Who asks Dr. Slop to come to the birthing room?
(c) Walter Shandy.
(d) The midwife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Yorick christen Tristram with the wrong name?
2. According to Uncle Toby, when do Tristram's problems begin?
3. What comfort does Dr. Slop offer Walter Shandy in Volume 2?
4. What concerns does Walter Shandy have about Dr. Slop's abilities?
5. Where on his body is Toby Shandy wounded?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Tristram's face deformed?
2. How does Walter Shandy react to Tristram's deformity?
3. What differing opinions do Walter Shandy and his wife have about childbirth?
4. Describe Walter Shandy.
5. What declaration does Tristram make about his narration in Volume 1?
6. What unusual literary element is placed in the middle of Volume 3?
7. What misunderstanding does Toby have about bridges in Volume 3?
8. With what hobby is Toby Shandy obsessed?
9. Describe Tristram Shandy.
10. How does Walter Shandy help his brother after he returns from war?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)