|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Slop injure baby Tristram during delivery?
(a) He sews Tristram's ears to his head.
(b) He accidentally circumcises Tristram.
(c) He drops Tristram on his head.
(d) With his forceps.
2. Who is Slawkenburguis?
(a) A famous physician.
(b) A nose scholar.
(c) A local lawyer.
(d) Walter's favorite philosopher.
3. When considering names for his newborn son, which name does Walter like the least?
4. In Volume 3, what confusion does Toby have about Dr. Slop's creation?
(a) He wonders why a doctor would use a spoon for a knife.
(b) He thinks the sandwich is for him.
(c) He thinks the doctor is creating a drawbridge for him.
(d) He asks if the doctor is French.
5. Who is named as Tristram's godfather?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Tristram's christening rushed?
2. How does Dr. Slop cut his thumb?
3. Who is present at Mr. Yorick's death?
4. What is Yorick's first name?
5. What is Mrs. Shandy's maiden name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Yorick assist the midwife?
2. What declaration does Tristram make about his narration in Volume 1?
3. How is Phutatoruis injured in Volume 4?
4. Describe Yorick.
5. Why does Obidiah ride to Dr. Slop's residence twice?
6. Whom does Dr. Slop blame for his injury?
7. What differing opinions do Walter Shandy and his wife have about childbirth?
8. What unusual literary element is placed in the middle of Volume 3?
9. Why is Dr. Slop offended by the midwife's request to attend the birthing?
10. What topics do the men discuss in Volume 2 while waiting for Tristram's birth?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)