|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Tristram conceived?
2. Who does Mrs. Shandy wish to have deliver her child?
(a) Walter Shandy.
(b) The village midwife.
(c) Mr. Yorick.
(d) Dr. Slop.
3. When the midwife falls, what does Dr. Slop offer to examine?
(a) Her hand.
(b) Her shin.
(c) Her hip.
(d) Her nose.
4. What is dropped into Phutatoruis' lap in Volume 4?
(a) A cup of tea.
(b) A hot chestnut.
(c) A full inkwell.
(d) The forceps.
5. Where does the preface appear in Volume 3?
(a) At the end of the book.
(b) In the beginning of the book.
(c) In the middle of the book.
(d) Tristram promises to include it in the next volume.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Trim's true name?
2. Tristram interrupts his story about Toby with an anecdote about which author?
3. With whom does Aunt Dinah have an affair?
4. What does Trim oil in Volume 3?
5. What animal does Toby gently catch and release when Tristram is ten?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Toby's hobby assist in his recovery?
2. What concerns does Walter Shandy have about Dr. Slop's medical abilities?
3. How is Phutatoruis injured in Volume 4?
4. How does Walter Shandy attempt to change Tristram's name?
5. What distracts Walter Shandy from his ire at the end of Volume 4?
6. With what hobby is Toby Shandy obsessed?
7. Describe Toby Shandy.
8. What declaration does Tristram make about his narration in Volume 1?
9. Why does Obidiah ride to Dr. Slop's residence twice?
10. Describe Dr. Slop.
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)