|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Aunt Dinah have an affair?
(a) Toby Shandy.
(b) The coachman.
(c) The butler.
(d) Mr. Yorick.
2. What do Walter and Toby do after Dr. Slop leaves the parlor?
(a) Play cards.
(b) Drink brandy.
(c) Read books.
(d) Fall asleep.
3. What is Phutatoruis' profession?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) The bishop.
(d) A writer.
4. What type of book does Toby plan to write?
(a) A book of poetry.
(b) A history book.
(c) A war manual.
(d) An autobiography.
5. How is Toby wounded in Volume 3?
(a) He faints at the sight of the scalpel.
(b) Dr. Slop's forceps tear his skin.
(c) He trips over the rug and falls.
(d) He pinches his thumb in the clamp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is named as Tristram's godfather?
2. How tall is Dr. Slop?
3. Who is Hammond Shandy?
4. What explanation does Toby give for Mrs. Shandy's reluctance to employ Dr. Slop?
5. Who is Trim?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Toby's hobby assist in his recovery?
2. What topics do the men discuss in Volume 2 while waiting for Tristram's birth?
3. What distracts Walter Shandy from his ire at the end of Volume 4?
4. Describe Walter Shandy.
5. Why is Dr. Slop offended by the midwife's request to attend the birthing?
6. Why does Trim deliver a sermon in Volume 2?
7. How does Tristram end up with the wrong name?
8. Describe Yorick.
9. To what does Uncle Toby attribute to Tristram's problems before entering the world?
10. How does Walter Shandy attempt to change Tristram's name?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)