|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the midwife falls, what does Dr. Slop offer to examine?
(a) Her hand.
(b) Her hip.
(c) Her nose.
(d) Her shin.
2. What medical instrument does Dr. Slop show Toby?
3. Which famous engineer do Toby and Walter discuss while waiting for Tristram's birth?
4. In Volume 3, what does Dr. Slop create in the kitchen?
(a) A scalpel.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) An omelet.
(d) A bridge.
5. Where does Mrs. Shandy wish to deliver her child?
(a) The Shandy estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dolly?
2. In Volume 4, why does the man with the big nose travel to Strasborg?
3. What type of book does Toby plan to write?
4. What is in Flanders?
5. What do Walter and Toby do after Dr. Slop leaves the parlor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Toby's hobby assist in his recovery?
2. What declaration does Tristram make about his narration in Volume 1?
3. What misunderstanding does Toby have about bridges in Volume 3?
4. What topics do the men discuss in Volume 2 while waiting for Tristram's birth?
5. Describe Yorick.
6. What concerns does Walter Shandy have about Dr. Slop's medical abilities?
7. Describe Tristram Shandy.
8. How does Walter Shandy react to Tristram's deformity?
9. To what does Uncle Toby attribute to Tristram's problems before entering the world?
10. With what hobby is Toby Shandy obsessed?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)