|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Toby gently catch and release when Tristram is ten?
(a) A flea.
(b) A gnat.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A fly.
2. Where does Mrs. Shandy wish to deliver her child?
(a) The Shandy estate.
3. What type of book does Toby plan to write?
(a) A book of poetry.
(b) An autobiography.
(c) A history book.
(d) A war manual.
4. In what battle is Toby Shandy wounded?
(a) The siege of Namur.
(b) The battle of Roch.
(c) The gate of St. Nicholas.
(d) The battle of Sambre.
5. Who does Tristram compare to the main character in Don Quixote?
(a) Mr. Yorick.
(b) Toby Shandy.
(c) Walter Shandy.
(d) Dr. Slop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of handkerchief does Walter Shandy use in Volume 3?
2. Which famous engineer do Toby and Walter discuss while waiting for Tristram's birth?
3. Why does Yorick christen Tristram with the wrong name?
4. Whom does Phutatoruis blame for his injury?
5. How is Toby wounded in Volume 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom does Dr. Slop blame for his injury?
2. What concerns does Walter Shandy have about Dr. Slop's medical abilities?
3. What differing opinions do Walter Shandy and his wife have about childbirth?
4. What topics do the men discuss in Volume 2 while waiting for Tristram's birth?
5. What is Slawkenburguis' story?
6. What unusual literary element is placed in the middle of Volume 3?
7. Why does Walter Shandy decide to name his son Trismegistus?
8. Why does Obidiah ride to Dr. Slop's residence twice?
9. How does Yorick assist the midwife?
10. Why is Dr. Slop angry with Obidiah in Volume 3?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)