|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mrs. Shandy forced to deliver her child?
(a) The Shandy estate.
(c) The village inn.
(d) Along the roadside.
2. According to Uncle Toby, when do Tristram's problems begin?
(a) At birth.
(b) Nine months before he enters the world.
(c) At the age of five.
(d) Sixty seconds after he is conceived.
3. What explanation does Toby give for Mrs. Shandy's reluctance to employ Dr. Slop?
4. What is Trim's true name?
(a) James Butler.
(b) John Smith.
(c) Todd Moore.
(d) Tad Most.
5. Who is sent to fetch the midwife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tristram compare to the main character in Don Quixote?
2. What does Trim oil in Volume 3?
3. What do Walter and Toby do after Dr. Slop leaves the parlor?
4. What type of handkerchief does Walter Shandy use in Volume 3?
5. How many children does Obidiah have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Obidiah ride to Dr. Slop's residence twice?
2. To what does Uncle Toby attribute to Tristram's problems before entering the world?
3. Describe Dr. Slop.
4. What declaration does Tristram make about his narration in Volume 1?
5. What misunderstanding does Toby have about bridges in Volume 3?
6. How is Tristram's face deformed?
7. How does Yorick assist the midwife?
8. What topics do the men discuss in Volume 2 while waiting for Tristram's birth?
9. Why does Tristram's mother give birth in the country?
10. Describe Yorick.
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)