|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Dr. Slop and Susannah throw at each other in Volume 6?
(d) The poultice.
2. In Chapter 2 of Volume 8, to what does Tristram equate with love?
3. Which famous Astronomical clock does Tristram describe in Volume 7?
(a) St. Mark's clock.
(b) The Jubilee clock.
(c) Big Ben.
(d) Lippius's clock.
4. In Volume 8, which character makes a battle plan with Toby to approach the Widow Wadham?
5. Why does Walter want Tristram to wear breeches?
(a) To appear more manly.
(b) To imitate his father.
(c) To hide his deformity.
(d) To appear modest.
6. Why does Toby spend a few nights at the Widow Wadham's house?
(a) She needs manly work done in the house.
(b) The construction of his house is incomplete.
(c) She hosts a large party.
(d) His house floods.
7. Why are the lead weights removed from the window that falls on Tristram?
(a) To make a fork.
(b) Lead is toxic to children.
(c) To prevent Tristram from cutting his fingers.
(d) To make part of Toby's fortification.
8. What does Walter Shandy like to drink?
9. In Volume 5, who finds Tristram after he has been injured?
(c) Dr. Slop.
(d) Mrs. Shandy.
10. How do the abbess and the novice make their mules move?
(a) By splitting the syllables of offensive words.
(b) By reciting poetry.
(c) By leading them with a rope.
(d) By beating them with rods.
11. How does Tristram travel through the southern region of France?
(a) On foot.
(b) By train.
(c) By stagecoach.
(d) By mule.
12. Where does Toby Shandy set up his battle scenes?
(a) On the roof.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the parlor.
(d) On the bowling green.
13. Who does Bridget plan to seduce?
14. What concern does Widow Wadham express about Toby Shandy in Volume 8?
(a) His conversational abilities.
(b) The extent of his groin wound.
(c) His intelligence.
(d) His finances.
15. How old is Tristram when he is injured by a falling window sash?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trim inherit from Lieutenant Le Fever?
2. What does Walter Shandy decide to write in Volume 5?
3. How does Tristram describe love in his alphabetical listing?
4. Why does Toby Shandy stop setting up battle scenes?
5. Where does Tristram find his travel notes?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)