|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which commandment does Yorick ask Trim to repeat?
(a) The third.
(b) The tenth.
(c) The first.
(d) The fifth.
2. What reaction does Trim have to Bobby's death?
(a) He weeps uncontrollably.
(b) He delivers a poetical speech.
(c) He continues reading his book.
(d) He goes back to sleep.
3. Who falls in love with Toby Shandy in Volume 8?
(a) Mrs. Shandy.
(d) Widow Wadham.
4. Why does Walter want Tristram to wear breeches?
(a) To appear more manly.
(b) To hide his deformity.
(c) To appear modest.
(d) To imitate his father.
5. Where does Tristram find his travel notes?
(a) In the donkey's feed sack.
(b) Crumpled up under a lady's hat.
(c) In his back pocket.
(d) Wadded up in the street.
6. Who plans on spying on Toby through a keyhole?
(d) Mrs. Shandy.
7. Who attempts to tell the story of the King of Bohemia?
8. What new hobby does Toby Shandy pursue in Volume 6?
(a) The Widow Wadham.
(b) Shot put.
9. What is the irony evident in Walter Shandy's book?
(a) His life is bland and uninteresting.
(b) He knows nothing about war.
(c) He neglects Tristram while writing.
(d) He only repeats what others have already said.
10. Who explains to Toby that he is in love?
(c) Mrs. Shandy.
11. Which famous Astronomical clock does Tristram describe in Volume 7?
(a) The Jubilee clock.
(b) St. Mark's clock.
(c) Lippius's clock.
(d) Big Ben.
12. Why does Toby Shandy stop setting up battle scenes?
(a) To spend more time with Tristram.
(b) He is bored with war.
(c) The war ends.
(d) He is preparing for Billy's arrival.
13. How old is Tristram when he is injured by a falling window sash?
14. How does Tristram escape death?
(a) By writing a book.
(b) By going to war.
(c) By finding a wife.
(d) By traveling abroad.
15. With whom does Trim fall in love?
(a) A maid.
(b) A baker.
(c) A nun.
(d) A seamstress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tom?
2. Who does Walter want to have tutor Tristram?
3. What concern does Tristram voice in Chapter 1 of Volume 7?
4. Who feels guilty about removing the lead from the window?
5. How do the abbess and the novice make their mules move?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)