|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2 of Volume 8, to what does Tristram equate with love?
2. How long does Toby know the Widow Wadham before he falls in love with her?
(a) Eleven years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) One year.
(d) Eleven months.
3. Who plans on spying on Toby through a keyhole?
(a) Mrs. Shandy.
4. What does Susannah burn in Volume 6?
(a) A wig.
(b) A shift.
(c) Her hand.
(d) A bedsheet.
5. Which animal does Tristram describe in Chapter 1 of Volume 6?
6. What does Walter Shandy decide to write in Volume 5?
(a) An educational book.
(b) A philosophy volume.
(c) An autobiography.
(d) A history book.
7. Which famous Astronomical clock does Tristram describe in Volume 7?
(a) St. Mark's clock.
(b) The Jubilee clock.
(c) Big Ben.
(d) Lippius's clock.
8. How do the abbess and the novice make their mules move?
(a) By reciting poetry.
(b) By leading them with a rope.
(c) By beating them with rods.
(d) By splitting the syllables of offensive words.
9. What does Trim inherit from Lieutenant Le Fever?
(a) A shift.
(b) A sword.
(d) A coat.
10. Who feels guilty about removing the lead from the window?
11. Who is Lieutenant Le Fever?
(a) A soldier Toby tries to help.
(b) Trim's cousin.
(c) Toby's cousin.
(d) Toby's commanding officer.
12. Who does Bridget plan to seduce?
13. Who explains to Toby that he is in love?
(d) Mrs. Shandy.
14. From where does Lieutenant Le Fever come?
15. What does Walter Shandy like to drink?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tom?
2. What new hobby does Toby Shandy pursue in Volume 6?
3. Why are the lead weights removed from the window that falls on Tristram?
4. Why doesn't Mrs. Shandy accompany Tristram to France?
5. In Volume 8, why does Walter write Toby a letter?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)