|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is buried in the tomb of the two lovers?
(a) Edward VIII and Mrs. Wallis Warfield Simpson.
(b) Cleopatra and Mark Antony.
(c) Amandus and Amanda.
(d) Romeo and Juliet.
2. In Chapter 2 of Volume 8, to what does Tristram equate with love?
3. Why does Toby spend a few nights at the Widow Wadham's house?
(a) His house floods.
(b) She hosts a large party.
(c) She needs manly work done in the house.
(d) The construction of his house is incomplete.
4. In Volume 5, what does Walter Shandy do while his son's wound is being tended?
(a) Paces the floor.
(b) Rants and raves.
(c) Reads from his book.
(d) Falls asleep.
5. How does Tristram escape death?
(a) By writing a book.
(b) By traveling abroad.
(c) By finding a wife.
(d) By going to war.
6. For what item is Tristram forced to pay in Lyon?
(a) A new shoe.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A notebook.
(d) Another carriage.
7. Who falls in love with Toby Shandy in Volume 8?
(c) Mrs. Shandy.
(d) Widow Wadham.
8. In Volume 5, why does Mrs. Shandy eavesdrop on her husband?
(a) She wants to learn about the world of men.
(b) She is interested in his reaction.
(c) She suspects he is being unfaithful.
(d) She thought she heard the word "wife".
9. What new hobby does Toby Shandy pursue in Volume 6?
(c) The Widow Wadham.
(d) Shot put.
10. What is Johnathan's profession?
(a) The coachman.
(b) The undertaker.
(c) The butler.
(d) The cook.
11. Which animal does Tristram describe in Chapter 1 of Volume 6?
12. On what day does Trim fall in love?
13. What does Tristram write about Calais?
(a) His time with Julia.
(b) The streets are nasty and foul-smelling.
(c) The cuisine.
(d) A history of the town.
14. Who has accompanied Tristram to France in the past?
(a) Walter and Mrs. Shandy.
(b) Trim and Obidiah.
(c) Julia and Trim.
(d) Walter, Toby and Trim.
15. How does Tristram travel to Paris?
(a) By train.
(b) By boat.
(c) By stagecoach.
(d) By mule.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trim inherit from Lieutenant Le Fever?
2. Who is Lieutenant Le Fever?
3. How do the abbess and the novice make their mules move?
4. Where does Lieutenant Le Fever die?
5. For what position does Toby recommend Billy Le Fever?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)