|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reaction does Trim have to Bobby's death?
(a) He continues reading his book.
(b) He goes back to sleep.
(c) He delivers a poetical speech.
(d) He weeps uncontrollably.
2. What does the Widow Wadham kick out of her way in Volume 8?
(a) A chamberpot.
(b) A corking pin.
(c) A coal scuttle.
(d) A dog.
3. Where does Tristram find his travel notes?
(a) Crumpled up under a lady's hat.
(b) In the donkey's feed sack.
(c) In his back pocket.
(d) Wadded up in the street.
4. Who is Tom?
(a) Trim's brother.
(b) Trim's nephew.
(c) Toby's nephew.
(d) Toby's brother.
5. What does Trim inherit from Lieutenant Le Fever?
(a) A shift.
(b) A sword.
(c) A coat.
6. What is Johnathan's profession?
(a) The cook.
(b) The coachman.
(c) The undertaker.
(d) The butler.
7. Who is present when Tristram is injured in Volume 5?
8. Who feels guilty about removing the lead from the window?
9. For what position does Toby recommend Billy Le Fever?
10. Why does Walter want Tristram to wear breeches?
(a) To appear more manly.
(b) To imitate his father.
(c) To appear modest.
(d) To hide his deformity.
11. From where does Lieutenant Le Fever come?
12. What does the commissary accidentally damage in Volume 7?
(a) Tristram's shoes.
(b) Tristram's carriage.
(c) Tristram's notes.
(d) Tristram's breeches.
13. In Volume 8, which character makes a battle plan with Toby to approach the Widow Wadham?
14. Which famous Astronomical clock does Tristram describe in Volume 7?
(a) The Jubilee clock.
(b) Big Ben.
(c) Lippius's clock.
(d) St. Mark's clock.
15. What does Billy inherit from Lieutenant Le Fever?
(b) A coat.
(c) A shift.
(d) A sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Mrs. Shandy accompany Tristram to France?
2. Where does Lieutenant Le Fever die?
3. Who is buried in the tomb of the two lovers?
4. How do the abbess and the novice make their mules move?
5. Why does Toby spend a few nights at the Widow Wadham's house?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)