|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has accompanied Tristram to France in the past?
(a) Julia and Trim.
(b) Walter and Mrs. Shandy.
(c) Trim and Obidiah.
(d) Walter, Toby and Trim.
2. For what position does Toby recommend Billy Le Fever?
3. Who falls in love with Toby Shandy in Volume 8?
(a) Mrs. Shandy.
(d) Widow Wadham.
4. Which commandment does Yorick ask Trim to repeat?
(a) The fifth.
(b) The first.
(c) The third.
(d) The tenth.
5. Who is Lieutenant Le Fever?
(a) Toby's commanding officer.
(b) Toby's cousin.
(c) A soldier Toby tries to help.
(d) Trim's cousin.
6. What are the "beds of justice"?
(a) Walter's law books.
(b) The couches in the parlor.
(c) The flowerbeds.
(d) Walter's bed.
7. What does Susannah hope to inherit in Volume 5?
(a) Silver and china.
(b) Bobby Shandy's estate.
(c) Mrs. Shandy's dresses.
(d) A large sum of money.
8. How old is Tristram when he is injured by a falling window sash?
9. How does Tristram travel through the southern region of France?
(a) By train.
(b) On foot.
(c) By mule.
(d) By stagecoach.
10. What is in Dover?
(a) Cliffs to scale.
(b) A port.
(d) A battle.
11. Where does Tristram find his travel notes?
(a) In the donkey's feed sack.
(b) In his back pocket.
(c) Wadded up in the street.
(d) Crumpled up under a lady's hat.
12. What reaction does Susannah have to Bobby's death?
(a) She continues reading her book.
(b) She goes back to sleep.
(c) She comments philosophically.
(d) She runs into the kitchen weeping.
13. What does Tristram write about Calais?
(a) The cuisine.
(b) A history of the town.
(c) The streets are nasty and foul-smelling.
(d) His time with Julia.
14. In Volume 5, what does Walter Shandy do while his son's wound is being tended?
(a) Paces the floor.
(b) Falls asleep.
(c) Reads from his book.
(d) Rants and raves.
15. Who plans on spying on Toby through a keyhole?
(c) Mrs. Shandy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tristram describe love in his alphabetical listing?
2. What reaction does Walter Shandy have to Bobby's death?
3. Why does Toby Shandy stop setting up battle scenes?
4. In Volume 8, why does Walter write Toby a letter?
5. Which city does Tristram describe as nasty and foul-smelling?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)