|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who plans on spying on Toby through a keyhole?
(d) Mrs. Shandy.
2. Who needs to have an eye examined in Volume 8?
(d) Widow Wadham.
3. How old is Tristram when he is injured by a falling window sash?
4. Who is Billy Le Fever?
(a) Toby's cousin.
(b) Trim's cousin.
(c) Toby's nephew.
(d) Lieutenant Le Fever's son.
5. How long does Toby know the Widow Wadham before he falls in love with her?
(a) One year.
(b) Eleven years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Eleven months.
6. What unusual friend does Tristram make in Lyon?
(a) A pigeon.
(b) A dove.
(c) A donkey.
(d) A sheep.
7. What is in Dover?
(a) Cliffs to scale.
(c) A port.
(d) A battle.
8. What does the Widow Wadham kick out of her way in Volume 8?
(a) A corking pin.
(b) A dog.
(c) A coal scuttle.
(d) A chamberpot.
9. Who is Tom?
(a) Toby's nephew.
(b) Trim's nephew.
(c) Toby's brother.
(d) Trim's brother.
10. Which animal does Tristram describe in Chapter 1 of Volume 6?
11. Which famous Astronomical clock does Tristram describe in Volume 7?
(a) The Jubilee clock.
(b) Big Ben.
(c) St. Mark's clock.
(d) Lippius's clock.
12. Why are the lead weights removed from the window that falls on Tristram?
(a) Lead is toxic to children.
(b) To make part of Toby's fortification.
(c) To make a fork.
(d) To prevent Tristram from cutting his fingers.
13. What new hobby does Toby Shandy pursue in Volume 6?
(a) The Widow Wadham.
(c) Shot put.
14. Who does Bridget plan to seduce?
15. Why does Tristram relieve himself out the window in Volume 5?
(a) It is raining too hard to go outside.
(b) The chamber pot is missing from under the bed.
(c) He is too busy playing to go down to the outhouse.
(d) The toilet is not working.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Volume 8, which character makes a battle plan with Toby to approach the Widow Wadham?
2. For what position does Toby recommend Billy Le Fever?
3. Who is buried in the tomb of the two lovers?
4. In Volume 8, why does Walter write Toby a letter?
5. In Chapter 2 of Volume 8, to what does Tristram equate with love?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)