|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Volume 5, what does Walter Shandy do while his son's wound is being tended?
(a) Rants and raves.
(b) Falls asleep.
(c) Paces the floor.
(d) Reads from his book.
2. For what item is Tristram forced to pay in Lyon?
(a) A new shoe.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A notebook.
(d) Another carriage.
3. What reaction does Susannah have to Bobby's death?
(a) She continues reading her book.
(b) She comments philosophically.
(c) She runs into the kitchen weeping.
(d) She goes back to sleep.
4. Why does Tristram relieve himself out the window in Volume 5?
(a) He is too busy playing to go down to the outhouse.
(b) The chamber pot is missing from under the bed.
(c) It is raining too hard to go outside.
(d) The toilet is not working.
5. What do Dr. Slop and Susannah throw at each other in Volume 6?
(a) The poultice.
6. In Volume 5, why does Mrs. Shandy eavesdrop on her husband?
(a) She thought she heard the word "wife".
(b) She is interested in his reaction.
(c) She suspects he is being unfaithful.
(d) She wants to learn about the world of men.
7. Why doesn't Mrs. Shandy accompany Tristram to France?
(a) She does not like the smell.
(b) She fears mules.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is busy knitting breeches.
8. Where does Lieutenant Le Fever die?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the village inn.
(c) On the bowling green.
(d) On the battlefield.
9. Who is buried in the tomb of the two lovers?
(a) Edward VIII and Mrs. Wallis Warfield Simpson.
(b) Amandus and Amanda.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) Cleopatra and Mark Antony.
10. Who explains to Toby that he is in love?
(b) Mrs. Shandy.
11. Who needs to have an eye examined in Volume 8?
(b) Widow Wadham.
12. Who plans on spying on Toby through a keyhole?
(a) Mrs. Shandy.
13. What does Walter Shandy like to drink?
14. Which famous Astronomical clock does Tristram describe in Volume 7?
(a) Big Ben.
(b) Lippius's clock.
(c) The Jubilee clock.
(d) St. Mark's clock.
15. In Chapter 1 of Volume 5, what subject does Tristram discuss?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day does Trim fall in love?
2. Why does Walter want Tristram to wear breeches?
3. What are the "beds of justice"?
4. Which city does Tristram describe as nasty and foul-smelling?
5. Who is Lieutenant Le Fever?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)