|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concern does Tristram voice in Chapter 1 of Volume 7?
(a) He is frustrated with his appearance.
(b) He longs to find a purpose.
(c) He will never find a wife.
(d) He may not be able to finish his book.
2. Why does Toby spend a few nights at the Widow Wadham's house?
(a) She hosts a large party.
(b) She needs manly work done in the house.
(c) The construction of his house is incomplete.
(d) His house floods.
3. Which famous Astronomical clock does Tristram describe in Volume 7?
(a) Big Ben.
(b) The Jubilee clock.
(c) Lippius's clock.
(d) St. Mark's clock.
4. Which animal does Tristram describe in Chapter 1 of Volume 6?
5. Why are the lead weights removed from the window that falls on Tristram?
(a) To make part of Toby's fortification.
(b) To make a fork.
(c) Lead is toxic to children.
(d) To prevent Tristram from cutting his fingers.
6. Who plans on spying on Toby through a keyhole?
(d) Mrs. Shandy.
7. From where does Lieutenant Le Fever come?
8. Where does Lieutenant Le Fever die?
(a) In the village inn.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) On the battlefield.
(d) On the bowling green.
9. Who is buried in the tomb of the two lovers?
(a) Amandus and Amanda.
(b) Cleopatra and Mark Antony.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) Edward VIII and Mrs. Wallis Warfield Simpson.
10. How does Tristram escape death?
(a) By traveling abroad.
(b) By going to war.
(c) By finding a wife.
(d) By writing a book.
11. Why does Toby become Billy Le Fever's guardian?
(a) Billy's mother and father leave him on the doorstep.
(b) Lieutenant Le Fever goes to war.
(c) Billy's mother dies.
(d) Lieutenant Le Fever dies.
12. What does Walter Shandy decide to write in Volume 5?
(a) An educational book.
(b) A history book.
(c) An autobiography.
(d) A philosophy volume.
13. Who feels guilty about removing the lead from the window?
14. Where does Toby Shandy set up his battle scenes?
(a) On the bowling green.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the parlor.
(d) On the roof.
15. Which city does Tristram describe as nasty and foul-smelling?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is present when Tristram is injured in Volume 5?
2. For what item is Tristram forced to pay in Lyon?
3. How do the abbess and the novice make their mules move?
4. Why does Toby Shandy stop setting up battle scenes?
5. Who does Walter want to have tutor Tristram?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)