|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has accompanied Tristram to France in the past?
(a) Walter, Toby and Trim.
(b) Walter and Mrs. Shandy.
(c) Julia and Trim.
(d) Trim and Obidiah.
2. In Volume 5, why does Mrs. Shandy eavesdrop on her husband?
(a) She wants to learn about the world of men.
(b) She thought she heard the word "wife".
(c) She suspects he is being unfaithful.
(d) She is interested in his reaction.
3. What does Walter Shandy decide to write in Volume 5?
(a) An educational book.
(b) A history book.
(c) An autobiography.
(d) A philosophy volume.
4. What does Walter Shandy like to drink?
5. Who explains to Toby that he is in love?
(a) Mrs. Shandy.
6. Who attempts to tell the story of the King of Bohemia?
7. What reaction does Susannah have to Bobby's death?
(a) She continues reading her book.
(b) She runs into the kitchen weeping.
(c) She comments philosophically.
(d) She goes back to sleep.
8. Which city does Tristram describe as nasty and foul-smelling?
9. What does Susannah hope to inherit in Volume 5?
(a) Mrs. Shandy's dresses.
(b) Silver and china.
(c) Bobby Shandy's estate.
(d) A large sum of money.
10. On what day does Trim fall in love?
11. How does Tristram escape death?
(a) By writing a book.
(b) By traveling abroad.
(c) By going to war.
(d) By finding a wife.
12. Who is Tom?
(a) Trim's nephew.
(b) Trim's brother.
(c) Toby's brother.
(d) Toby's nephew.
13. Why doesn't Mrs. Shandy accompany Tristram to France?
(a) She fears mules.
(b) She is busy knitting breeches.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She does not like the smell.
14. For what position does Toby recommend Billy Le Fever?
15. Which animal does Tristram describe in Chapter 1 of Volume 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Walter want to have tutor Tristram?
2. Where does Tristram find his travel notes?
3. How do the abbess and the novice make their mules move?
4. Who is Lieutenant Le Fever?
5. Who is called to tend Tristram's wound in Volume 5?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)