|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Tom?
(a) Toby's brother.
(b) Toby's nephew.
(c) Trim's brother.
(d) Trim's nephew.
2. With whom does Trim fall in love?
(a) A baker.
(b) A seamstress.
(c) A maid.
(d) A nun.
3. What does Walter Shandy decide to write in Volume 5?
(a) A philosophy volume.
(b) An educational book.
(c) A history book.
(d) An autobiography.
4. Why are the lead weights removed from the window that falls on Tristram?
(a) To make a fork.
(b) Lead is toxic to children.
(c) To make part of Toby's fortification.
(d) To prevent Tristram from cutting his fingers.
5. What is in Dover?
(a) A battle.
(c) A port.
(d) Cliffs to scale.
6. How does Tristram describe love in his alphabetical listing?
7. Who is Billy Le Fever?
(a) Trim's cousin.
(b) Toby's nephew.
(c) Toby's cousin.
(d) Lieutenant Le Fever's son.
8. What concern does Widow Wadham express about Toby Shandy in Volume 8?
(a) His finances.
(b) The extent of his groin wound.
(c) His conversational abilities.
(d) His intelligence.
9. Who has accompanied Tristram to France in the past?
(a) Walter and Mrs. Shandy.
(b) Trim and Obidiah.
(c) Walter, Toby and Trim.
(d) Julia and Trim.
10. Who is buried in the tomb of the two lovers?
(a) Cleopatra and Mark Antony.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) Edward VIII and Mrs. Wallis Warfield Simpson.
(d) Amandus and Amanda.
11. Who does Tristram consult for advice in Volume 7?
(c) The reader.
(d) Uncle Toby.
12. What does the Widow Wadham kick out of her way in Volume 8?
(a) A chamberpot.
(b) A coal scuttle.
(c) A corking pin.
(d) A dog.
13. Who explains to Toby that he is in love?
(c) Mrs. Shandy.
14. What unusual friend does Tristram make in Lyon?
(a) A dove.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A sheep.
(d) A pigeon.
15. Why does Toby Shandy stop setting up battle scenes?
(a) The war ends.
(b) He is bored with war.
(c) To spend more time with Tristram.
(d) He is preparing for Billy's arrival.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Volume 8, why does Walter write Toby a letter?
2. Who does Walter want to have tutor Tristram?
3. What new hobby does Toby Shandy pursue in Volume 6?
4. Why does Walter want Tristram to wear breeches?
5. What reaction does Trim have to Bobby's death?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)