|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which famous Astronomical clock does Tristram describe in Volume 7?
(a) Big Ben.
(b) The Jubilee clock.
(c) Lippius's clock.
(d) St. Mark's clock.
2. Who is buried in the tomb of the two lovers?
(a) Amandus and Amanda.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) Edward VIII and Mrs. Wallis Warfield Simpson.
(d) Cleopatra and Mark Antony.
3. Who is Lieutenant Le Fever?
(a) Toby's commanding officer.
(b) A soldier Toby tries to help.
(c) Trim's cousin.
(d) Toby's cousin.
4. Why does Tristram relieve himself out the window in Volume 5?
(a) The toilet is not working.
(b) The chamber pot is missing from under the bed.
(c) It is raining too hard to go outside.
(d) He is too busy playing to go down to the outhouse.
5. Who feels guilty about removing the lead from the window?
6. What does the commissary accidentally damage in Volume 7?
(a) Tristram's notes.
(b) Tristram's carriage.
(c) Tristram's breeches.
(d) Tristram's shoes.
7. Which animal does Tristram describe in Chapter 1 of Volume 6?
8. What new hobby does Toby Shandy pursue in Volume 6?
(b) The Widow Wadham.
(d) Shot put.
9. In Volume 5, who finds Tristram after he has been injured?
(c) Mrs. Shandy.
(d) Dr. Slop.
10. What does Trim inherit from Lieutenant Le Fever?
(a) A sword.
(c) A coat.
(d) A shift.
11. Who keeps interrupting the story of the King of Bohemia?
12. What does Walter Shandy decide to write in Volume 5?
(a) An educational book.
(b) An autobiography.
(c) A philosophy volume.
(d) A history book.
13. What is Tristram forced to sell in Lyon?
(a) His breeches.
(b) His sword.
(c) His coat.
(d) His carriage.
14. Which city does Tristram describe as nasty and foul-smelling?
15. Who is called to tend Tristram's wound in Volume 5?
(a) Mrs. Shandy.
(c) Dr. Slop.
(d) The midwife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reaction does Susannah have to Bobby's death?
2. On what day does Trim fall in love?
3. Which commandment does Yorick ask Trim to repeat?
4. Why does Walter want Tristram to wear breeches?
5. Who falls in love with Toby Shandy in Volume 8?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)