|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reaction does Trim have to Bobby's death?
(a) He goes back to sleep.
(b) He delivers a poetical speech.
(c) He weeps uncontrollably.
(d) He continues reading his book.
2. Who feels guilty about removing the lead from the window?
3. What does the commissary accidentally damage in Volume 7?
(a) Tristram's shoes.
(b) Tristram's breeches.
(c) Tristram's carriage.
(d) Tristram's notes.
4. Who needs to have an eye examined in Volume 8?
(d) Widow Wadham.
5. What is Johnathan's profession?
(a) The butler.
(b) The coachman.
(c) The undertaker.
(d) The cook.
6. Which animal does Tristram describe in Chapter 1 of Volume 6?
7. Why does Toby Shandy stop setting up battle scenes?
(a) He is bored with war.
(b) To spend more time with Tristram.
(c) The war ends.
(d) He is preparing for Billy's arrival.
8. How long does Toby know the Widow Wadham before he falls in love with her?
(a) Eleven months.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Eleven years.
(d) One year.
9. What concern does Widow Wadham express about Toby Shandy in Volume 8?
(a) His conversational abilities.
(b) His intelligence.
(c) The extent of his groin wound.
(d) His finances.
10. Who is Tom?
(a) Trim's nephew.
(b) Trim's brother.
(c) Toby's brother.
(d) Toby's nephew.
11. In Volume 5, what does Walter Shandy do while his son's wound is being tended?
(a) Paces the floor.
(b) Reads from his book.
(c) Falls asleep.
(d) Rants and raves.
12. Who is Billy Le Fever?
(a) Lieutenant Le Fever's son.
(b) Toby's cousin.
(c) Trim's cousin.
(d) Toby's nephew.
13. Who attempts to tell the story of the King of Bohemia?
14. What does Susannah burn in Volume 6?
(a) A shift.
(b) A bedsheet.
(c) A wig.
(d) Her hand.
15. Why does Walter want Tristram to wear breeches?
(a) To hide his deformity.
(b) To appear more manly.
(c) To imitate his father.
(d) To appear modest.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what item is Tristram forced to pay in Lyon?
2. Who explains to Toby that he is in love?
3. What is Tristram forced to sell in Lyon?
4. Who is Lieutenant Le Fever?
5. What does Trim inherit from Lieutenant Le Fever?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)