|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lieutenant Le Fever?
(a) Toby's cousin.
(b) Trim's cousin.
(c) A soldier Toby tries to help.
(d) Toby's commanding officer.
2. Who needs to have an eye examined in Volume 8?
(d) Widow Wadham.
3. Where does Tristram find his travel notes?
(a) In the donkey's feed sack.
(b) Wadded up in the street.
(c) Crumpled up under a lady's hat.
(d) In his back pocket.
4. What is the irony evident in Walter Shandy's book?
(a) His life is bland and uninteresting.
(b) He neglects Tristram while writing.
(c) He knows nothing about war.
(d) He only repeats what others have already said.
5. For what position does Toby recommend Billy Le Fever?
6. Who keeps interrupting the story of the King of Bohemia?
7. What does Walter Shandy like to drink?
8. How does Tristram travel to Paris?
(a) By mule.
(b) By boat.
(c) By train.
(d) By stagecoach.
9. In Volume 5, who finds Tristram after he has been injured?
(a) Mrs. Shandy.
(b) Dr. Slop.
10. Why does Toby become Billy Le Fever's guardian?
(a) Lieutenant Le Fever goes to war.
(b) Billy's mother dies.
(c) Billy's mother and father leave him on the doorstep.
(d) Lieutenant Le Fever dies.
11. What does Susannah burn in Volume 6?
(a) A shift.
(b) A wig.
(c) Her hand.
(d) A bedsheet.
12. Which famous Astronomical clock does Tristram describe in Volume 7?
(a) Lippius's clock.
(b) St. Mark's clock.
(c) Big Ben.
(d) The Jubilee clock.
13. Who does Walter want to have tutor Tristram?
(b) Billy Le Fever.
14. What new hobby does Toby Shandy pursue in Volume 6?
(b) The Widow Wadham.
(d) Shot put.
15. Who feels guilty about removing the lead from the window?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Volume 8, which character makes a battle plan with Toby to approach the Widow Wadham?
2. Who falls in love with Toby Shandy in Volume 8?
3. In Volume 8, why does Walter write Toby a letter?
4. Where does Toby Shandy set up his battle scenes?
5. What does Trim inherit from Lieutenant Le Fever?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)