|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susannah burn in Volume 6?
(a) A shift.
(b) A wig.
(c) Her hand.
(d) A bedsheet.
2. What does the commissary accidentally damage in Volume 7?
(a) Tristram's carriage.
(b) Tristram's breeches.
(c) Tristram's notes.
(d) Tristram's shoes.
3. How do the abbess and the novice make their mules move?
(a) By splitting the syllables of offensive words.
(b) By leading them with a rope.
(c) By beating them with rods.
(d) By reciting poetry.
4. What does the Widow Wadham kick out of her way in Volume 8?
(a) A corking pin.
(b) A chamberpot.
(c) A dog.
(d) A coal scuttle.
5. With whom does Trim fall in love?
(a) A baker.
(b) A nun.
(c) A maid.
(d) A seamstress.
6. Who needs to have an eye examined in Volume 8?
(d) Widow Wadham.
7. Who feels guilty about removing the lead from the window?
8. What does Tristram write about Calais?
(a) The cuisine.
(b) The streets are nasty and foul-smelling.
(c) His time with Julia.
(d) A history of the town.
9. What reaction does Trim have to Bobby's death?
(a) He delivers a poetical speech.
(b) He weeps uncontrollably.
(c) He goes back to sleep.
(d) He continues reading his book.
10. What does Trim inherit from Lieutenant Le Fever?
(b) A sword.
(c) A shift.
(d) A coat.
11. Who is present when Tristram is injured in Volume 5?
12. Who does Bridget plan to seduce?
13. What is the irony evident in Walter Shandy's book?
(a) He only repeats what others have already said.
(b) His life is bland and uninteresting.
(c) He neglects Tristram while writing.
(d) He knows nothing about war.
14. In Chapter 2 of Volume 8, to what does Tristram equate with love?
15. In Volume 5, what does Walter Shandy do while his son's wound is being tended?
(a) Paces the floor.
(b) Reads from his book.
(c) Falls asleep.
(d) Rants and raves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lieutenant Le Fever die?
2. Why does Toby become Billy Le Fever's guardian?
3. Who falls in love with Toby Shandy in Volume 8?
4. Which famous Astronomical clock does Tristram describe in Volume 7?
5. What concern does Tristram voice in Chapter 1 of Volume 7?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)