|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Toby Shandy set up his battle scenes?
(a) On the roof.
(b) In the parlor.
(c) On the bowling green.
(d) In the kitchen.
2. What reaction does Susannah have to Bobby's death?
(a) She runs into the kitchen weeping.
(b) She goes back to sleep.
(c) She continues reading her book.
(d) She comments philosophically.
3. What reaction does Walter Shandy have to Bobby's death?
(a) He goes back to sleep.
(b) He comments philosophically.
(c) He weeps uncontrollably.
(d) He continues reading his book.
4. How old is Tristram when he is injured by a falling window sash?
5. Who is present when Tristram is injured in Volume 5?
6. What does Susannah burn in Volume 6?
(a) A bedsheet.
(b) A shift.
(c) Her hand.
(d) A wig.
7. Who explains to Toby that he is in love?
(c) Mrs. Shandy.
8. In Chapter 1 of Volume 5, what subject does Tristram discuss?
9. What does the Widow Wadham kick out of her way in Volume 8?
(a) A dog.
(b) A chamberpot.
(c) A corking pin.
(d) A coal scuttle.
10. What does Walter Shandy like to drink?
11. What unusual friend does Tristram make in Lyon?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A pigeon.
(c) A dove.
(d) A sheep.
12. Who has accompanied Tristram to France in the past?
(a) Walter and Mrs. Shandy.
(b) Trim and Obidiah.
(c) Julia and Trim.
(d) Walter, Toby and Trim.
13. In Volume 5, who finds Tristram after he has been injured?
(c) Mrs. Shandy.
(d) Dr. Slop.
14. What does the commissary accidentally damage in Volume 7?
(a) Tristram's notes.
(b) Tristram's breeches.
(c) Tristram's carriage.
(d) Tristram's shoes.
15. In Chapter 2 of Volume 8, to what does Tristram equate with love?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who plans on spying on Toby through a keyhole?
2. What does Trim inherit from Lieutenant Le Fever?
3. Who does Bridget plan to seduce?
4. Who attempts to tell the story of the King of Bohemia?
5. In Volume 8, which character makes a battle plan with Toby to approach the Widow Wadham?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)