|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lieutenant Le Fever die?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) On the battlefield.
(c) On the bowling green.
(d) In the village inn.
2. What unusual friend does Tristram make in Lyon?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A sheep.
(c) A dove.
(d) A pigeon.
3. What is in Dover?
(a) A battle.
(c) A port.
(d) Cliffs to scale.
4. In Volume 8, why does Walter write Toby a letter?
(a) To apologize for his behavior.
(b) To express his anger.
(c) To encourage him to make a will.
(d) To explain how to deal with women.
5. In Volume 5, who finds Tristram after he has been injured?
(b) Mrs. Shandy.
(c) Dr. Slop.
6. What do Dr. Slop and Susannah throw at each other in Volume 6?
(b) The poultice.
7. Who is present when Tristram is injured in Volume 5?
8. Who is buried in the tomb of the two lovers?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(b) Cleopatra and Mark Antony.
(c) Edward VIII and Mrs. Wallis Warfield Simpson.
(d) Amandus and Amanda.
9. In Volume 8, which character makes a battle plan with Toby to approach the Widow Wadham?
10. Why does Toby Shandy stop setting up battle scenes?
(a) He is preparing for Billy's arrival.
(b) He is bored with war.
(c) The war ends.
(d) To spend more time with Tristram.
11. How does Tristram travel to Paris?
(a) By train.
(b) By stagecoach.
(c) By boat.
(d) By mule.
12. Where does Tristram find his travel notes?
(a) Wadded up in the street.
(b) In the donkey's feed sack.
(c) In his back pocket.
(d) Crumpled up under a lady's hat.
13. How old is Tristram when he is injured by a falling window sash?
14. What does Billy inherit from Lieutenant Le Fever?
(a) A shift.
(c) A sword.
(d) A coat.
15. Why does Tristram relieve himself out the window in Volume 5?
(a) It is raining too hard to go outside.
(b) He is too busy playing to go down to the outhouse.
(c) The chamber pot is missing from under the bed.
(d) The toilet is not working.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tristram escape death?
2. Where does Toby Shandy set up his battle scenes?
3. Why does Toby become Billy Le Fever's guardian?
4. What does Walter Shandy decide to write in Volume 5?
5. Which animal does Tristram describe in Chapter 1 of Volume 6?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)