|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is present when Tristram is injured in Volume 5?
2. In Chapter 2 of Volume 8, to what does Tristram equate with love?
3. On what day does Trim fall in love?
4. Why does Tristram relieve himself out the window in Volume 5?
(a) It is raining too hard to go outside.
(b) He is too busy playing to go down to the outhouse.
(c) The chamber pot is missing from under the bed.
(d) The toilet is not working.
5. What reaction does Walter Shandy have to Bobby's death?
(a) He continues reading his book.
(b) He weeps uncontrollably.
(c) He goes back to sleep.
(d) He comments philosophically.
6. Where does Lieutenant Le Fever die?
(a) On the bowling green.
(b) On the battlefield.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the village inn.
7. Who needs to have an eye examined in Volume 8?
(d) Widow Wadham.
8. Who is buried in the tomb of the two lovers?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(b) Cleopatra and Mark Antony.
(c) Edward VIII and Mrs. Wallis Warfield Simpson.
(d) Amandus and Amanda.
9. What concern does Tristram voice in Chapter 1 of Volume 7?
(a) He may not be able to finish his book.
(b) He will never find a wife.
(c) He longs to find a purpose.
(d) He is frustrated with his appearance.
10. What concern does Widow Wadham express about Toby Shandy in Volume 8?
(a) His conversational abilities.
(b) The extent of his groin wound.
(c) His finances.
(d) His intelligence.
11. Who does Bridget plan to seduce?
12. What does Susannah burn in Volume 6?
(a) A bedsheet.
(b) A shift.
(c) Her hand.
(d) A wig.
13. What reaction does Trim have to Bobby's death?
(a) He delivers a poetical speech.
(b) He goes back to sleep.
(c) He continues reading his book.
(d) He weeps uncontrollably.
14. What new hobby does Toby Shandy pursue in Volume 6?
(a) Shot put.
(c) The Widow Wadham.
15. Which commandment does Yorick ask Trim to repeat?
(a) The fifth.
(b) The first.
(c) The tenth.
(d) The third.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1 of Volume 5, what subject does Tristram discuss?
2. Who attempts to tell the story of the King of Bohemia?
3. Who is Billy Le Fever?
4. With whom does Trim fall in love?
5. Why does Toby Shandy stop setting up battle scenes?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)