|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Trim inherit from Lieutenant Le Fever?
(a) A coat.
(b) A sword.
(c) A shift.
2. Which animal does Tristram describe in Chapter 1 of Volume 6?
3. Who feels guilty about removing the lead from the window?
4. How long does Toby know the Widow Wadham before he falls in love with her?
(a) Eleven years.
(b) Eleven months.
(c) One year.
(d) Twenty years.
5. Who needs to have an eye examined in Volume 8?
(c) Widow Wadham.
6. Why does Toby become Billy Le Fever's guardian?
(a) Billy's mother and father leave him on the doorstep.
(b) Lieutenant Le Fever dies.
(c) Billy's mother dies.
(d) Lieutenant Le Fever goes to war.
7. Where does Toby Shandy set up his battle scenes?
(a) On the bowling green.
(b) On the roof.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the parlor.
8. Why does Toby Shandy stop setting up battle scenes?
(a) The war ends.
(b) To spend more time with Tristram.
(c) He is preparing for Billy's arrival.
(d) He is bored with war.
9. Who is present when Tristram is injured in Volume 5?
10. In Volume 5, who finds Tristram after he has been injured?
(b) Mrs. Shandy.
(c) Dr. Slop.
11. In Chapter 1 of Volume 5, what subject does Tristram discuss?
12. Who is Lieutenant Le Fever?
(a) Toby's commanding officer.
(b) A soldier Toby tries to help.
(c) Toby's cousin.
(d) Trim's cousin.
13. In Chapter 2 of Volume 8, to what does Tristram equate with love?
14. What unusual friend does Tristram make in Lyon?
(a) A sheep.
(b) A pigeon.
(c) A donkey.
(d) A dove.
15. Who does Bridget plan to seduce?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has accompanied Tristram to France in the past?
2. Why does Walter want Tristram to wear breeches?
3. From where does Lieutenant Le Fever come?
4. What does Susannah hope to inherit in Volume 5?
5. Why does Tristram relieve himself out the window in Volume 5?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)