|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Yorick?
(a) The midwife's husband.
(b) The village parson.
(c) Walter's servant.
(d) The village doctor.
2. How long does Toby take to recover from his injury?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Six years.
(c) Six days.
(d) Six months.
3. Whom does Phutatoruis blame for his injury?
4. Who is sent to fetch the midwife?
5. What does Trim oil in Volume 3?
(a) The generator.
(b) His hair.
(c) Door hinges.
(d) The floor.
6. Who is Bobby?
(a) Tristram's uncle.
(b) Tristram's imaginary friend.
(c) Tristram's youngest brother.
(d) Tristram's eldest brother.
7. What type of book does Toby plan to write?
(a) A book of poetry.
(b) An autobiography.
(c) A war manual.
(d) A history book.
8. Who is Slawkenburguis?
(a) A local lawyer.
(b) Walter's favorite philosopher.
(c) A nose scholar.
(d) A famous physician.
9. What phrase is inscribed on Mr. Yorick's gravestone?
(a) He loved the nag.
(b) He rode well.
(c) Alas, poor Yorick.
(d) Resquiet Im Pace.
10. Who does Tristram compare to the main character in Don Quixote?
(a) Toby Shandy.
(b) Mr. Yorick.
(c) Dr. Slop.
(d) Walter Shandy.
11. With whom does Aunt Dinah have an affair?
(a) Toby Shandy.
(b) The butler.
(c) Mr. Yorick.
(d) The coachman.
12. Where does the preface appear in Volume 3?
(a) In the middle of the book.
(b) Tristram promises to include it in the next volume.
(c) At the end of the book.
(d) In the beginning of the book.
13. Where on his body is Trim wounded?
(a) His knee.
(b) His groin.
(c) His head.
(d) His back.
14. What does Mr. Yorick often loan the villagers?
(a) His horses.
(d) His cloak.
15. What comfort does Dr. Slop offer Walter Shandy in Volume 2?
(a) Medicine has made great advances.
(b) Children do grow up and move away.
(c) All births are difficult.
(d) He is young enough to find another wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Phutatoruis' profession?
2. Which famous engineer do Toby and Walter discuss while waiting for Tristram's birth?
3. Who dies and leaves Walter a substantial inheritance in Volume 4?
4. How does Dr. Slop injure baby Tristram during delivery?
5. What does Walter Shandy want to name his newborn son?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)