|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Homenas?
(a) A town.
(b) A church.
(c) A law text.
(d) A song.
2. Who is Slawkenburguis?
(a) Walter's favorite philosopher.
(b) A famous physician.
(c) A local lawyer.
(d) A nose scholar.
3. How does Dr. Slop cut his thumb?
(a) While trying to operate on Mrs. Shandy.
(b) While trying to open his bag.
(c) On a sharp edge of the tea cup.
(d) Trying to hold onto the reins.
4. With whom does Aunt Dinah have an affair?
(a) Toby Shandy.
(b) Mr. Yorick.
(c) The butler.
(d) The coachman.
5. What book does Walter Shandy hand Dr. Slop after he cuts his thumb?
(a) A medical text.
(b) A book of excommunication.
(c) A collection of poetry by Ovid.
(d) The Bible.
6. What medical instrument does Dr. Slop show Toby?
7. What is in Flanders?
(a) Bobby's university.
(b) Toby and the British army.
(c) The finest lacemakers.
(d) The most effective physicians.
8. Why is Dr. Slop offended by the request to come to the birthing room?
(a) He expects to be paid in advance.
(b) He is not finished telling his story to Toby.
(c) He feels the midwife should personally ask for his help.
(d) He has not finished his tea.
9. What is Phutatoruis' profession?
(a) A writer.
(b) The bishop.
(d) A lawyer.
10. What does Phutatoruis exclaim when he is injured?
11. What does Toby Shandy have difficulty remembering after the war?
(a) How to tie his cravat.
(b) How to eat and drink.
(c) Exactly how he was injured.
(d) His full name.
12. What does Mr. Yorick often loan the villagers?
(c) His cloak.
(d) His horses.
13. In what battle is Toby Shandy wounded?
(a) The siege of Namur.
(b) The battle of Sambre.
(c) The battle of Roch.
(d) The gate of St. Nicholas.
14. Where does Mrs. Shandy wish to deliver her child?
(c) The Shandy estate.
15. What is Diduis' profession?
(a) The bishop.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dr. Slop angry at Obidiah in Volume 3?
2. What animal does Toby gently catch and release when Tristram is ten?
3. When the midwife falls, what does Dr. Slop offer to examine?
4. Who is present at Mr. Yorick's death?
5. In Volume 3, what does Dr. Slop create in the kitchen?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)