|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Yorick often loan the villagers?
(a) His cloak.
(b) His horses.
2. What concerns does Walter Shandy have about Dr. Slop's abilities?
(a) He questions the validity of his medical license.
(b) He thinks the doctor is too short to operate.
(c) He believes the doctor has been drinking.
(d) He is concerned that the forceps will damage the baby.
3. What happens to Bobby at the end of Volume 4?
(a) He embarks on a tour of Europe.
(b) He marries a French woman.
(c) He arrives to rescue Tristram.
(d) He dies.
4. How does Dr. Slop injure baby Tristram during delivery?
(a) He drops Tristram on his head.
(b) With his forceps.
(c) He accidentally circumcises Tristram.
(d) He sews Tristram's ears to his head.
5. Where on his body is Trim wounded?
(a) His back.
(b) His head.
(c) His knee.
(d) His groin.
6. Why is Dr. Slop offended by the sermon delivered in Volume 2?
(a) He is a Catholic.
(b) He is a Protestant.
(c) He is an Atheist.
(d) He is a scientist.
7. Who has the power to change Tristram's name?
8. To what does Walter Shandy attribute his family problems?
(a) Bad karma.
(b) Their small noses.
(c) Bad food.
9. When considering names for his newborn son, which name does Walter like the least?
10. Which famous engineer do Toby and Walter discuss while waiting for Tristram's birth?
11. How tall is Dr. Slop?
(a) Three feet, eleven inches tall.
(b) Six feet tall.
(c) Five and three-quarters of a foot tall.
(d) Four and a half feet tall.
12. How does Walter Shandy determine to compensate for Tristram's deformity?
(a) By forcing him to grow tall.
(b) By removing all the mirrors from the house.
(c) By teaching him Latin.
(d) By giving him a strong name.
13. Where on his body is Toby Shandy wounded?
(a) His knee.
(b) His head.
(c) His groin.
(d) His back.
14. Whom does Phutatoruis blame for his injury?
15. What type of book does Toby plan to write?
(a) A book of poetry.
(b) A history book.
(c) An autobiography.
(d) A war manual.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dr. Slop angry at Obidiah in Volume 3?
2. How many children does Obidiah have?
3. Who is the narrator?
4. What is Diduis' profession?
5. What does Trim oil in Volume 3?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)