|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Walter Shandy attribute his family problems?
(b) Their small noses.
(c) Bad karma.
(d) Bad food.
2. Who is Dolly?
(a) Mr. Yorick's horse.
(b) The midwife.
(c) The chambermaid.
(d) Toby Shandy's wife.
3. Of what descent is Mr. Yorick's family?
4. Tristram interrupts his story about Toby with an anecdote about which author?
(b) John Locke.
(d) Edgar Allen Poe.
5. Where on his body is Trim wounded?
(a) His head.
(b) His groin.
(c) His knee.
(d) His back.
6. Why is Tristram's christening rushed?
(a) Fights break out concerning his name.
(b) Yorick charges extra on Sundays.
(c) Susannah believes he is dying.
(d) The vicar is leaving town.
7. Who asks Dr. Slop to come to the birthing room?
(c) The midwife.
(d) Walter Shandy.
8. What is Trim's true name?
(a) John Smith.
(b) Tad Most.
(c) Todd Moore.
(d) James Butler.
9. What animal does Toby gently catch and release when Tristram is ten?
(a) A flea.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A gnat.
(d) A fly.
10. Why is Dr. Slop angry at Obidiah in Volume 3?
(a) Obidiah ties tight knots in his bag.
(b) Obidiah ruins his jacket.
(c) Obidiah spills tea on his lap.
(d) He arrives after the baby is born.
11. Who delivers a fine sermon while the other characters wait for Tristram's birth?
(b) Mr. Yorick.
12. What is in Flanders?
(a) Bobby's university.
(b) The finest lacemakers.
(c) The most effective physicians.
(d) Toby and the British army.
13. Who does Tristram compare to the main character in Don Quixote?
(a) Walter Shandy.
(b) Dr. Slop.
(c) Toby Shandy.
(d) Mr. Yorick.
14. Who is Slawkenburguis?
(a) Walter's favorite philosopher.
(b) A nose scholar.
(c) A famous physician.
(d) A local lawyer.
15. What opinion does Tristram have about time?
(a) It moves too quickly.
(b) It is meaningless.
(c) It moves too slowly.
(d) Everyone's concept of time is different.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Phutatoruis blame for his injury?
2. Who is present at Mr. Yorick's death?
3. Why does Toby Shandy come to live with Walter and his family?
4. When the midwife falls, what does Dr. Slop offer to examine?
5. What does Walter Shandy want to name his newborn son?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)