|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dr. Slop angry at Obidiah in Volume 3?
(a) Obidiah ruins his jacket.
(b) Obidiah spills tea on his lap.
(c) He arrives after the baby is born.
(d) Obidiah ties tight knots in his bag.
2. Which famous poet does Tristram quote in Volume 1?
3. What comfort does Dr. Slop offer Walter Shandy in Volume 2?
(a) All births are difficult.
(b) Children do grow up and move away.
(c) He is young enough to find another wife.
(d) Medicine has made great advances.
4. What concern does Walter Shandy express about his son's birth in Volume 2?
(a) Mrs. Shandy is too old to deliver a child.
(b) Mrs. Shandy's pelvis could crush his head.
(c) A long delivery could cause a deformity.
(d) A breech birth is indicative of a stubborn child.
5. What opinion does Tristram have about time?
(a) It is meaningless.
(b) It moves too quickly.
(c) It moves too slowly.
(d) Everyone's concept of time is different.
6. Of what descent is Mr. Yorick's family?
7. What happens to Bobby at the end of Volume 4?
(a) He embarks on a tour of Europe.
(b) He marries a French woman.
(c) He dies.
(d) He arrives to rescue Tristram.
8. Who is sent to fetch the midwife?
9. What do Walter and Toby do after Dr. Slop leaves the parlor?
(a) Read books.
(b) Fall asleep.
(c) Drink brandy.
(d) Play cards.
10. What is dropped into Phutatoruis' lap in Volume 4?
(a) A full inkwell.
(b) A cup of tea.
(c) A hot chestnut.
(d) The forceps.
11. With whom does Aunt Dinah have an affair?
(a) The butler.
(b) Mr. Yorick.
(c) Toby Shandy.
(d) The coachman.
12. How many children does Obidiah have?
13. How tall is Dr. Slop?
(a) Four and a half feet tall.
(b) Three feet, eleven inches tall.
(c) Five and three-quarters of a foot tall.
(d) Six feet tall.
14. Who orders hot chestnuts from the kitchen in Volume 4?
15. What medical procedure does Walter Shandy suggest for his wife?
(a) A lobotomy.
(b) An episiotomy.
(c) A cesarean section.
(d) A hysterectomy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sent to fetch Dr. Slop?
2. What phrase is inscribed on Mr. Yorick's gravestone?
3. How does Walter Shandy determine to compensate for Tristram's deformity?
4. Where on his body is Trim wounded?
5. Which famous engineer do Toby and Walter discuss while waiting for Tristram's birth?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)