|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Shandy wish to deliver her child?
(a) The Shandy estate.
2. Why is Dr. Slop angry at Obidiah in Volume 3?
(a) He arrives after the baby is born.
(b) Obidiah ruins his jacket.
(c) Obidiah ties tight knots in his bag.
(d) Obidiah spills tea on his lap.
3. Why does Yorick christen Tristram with the wrong name?
(a) Yorick is deaf and cannot hear clearly.
(b) He doesn't like the name Walter has chosen.
(c) Susannah mispronounces the name.
(d) Mrs. Shandy interrupts the christening.
4. How many children does Obidiah have?
5. Who is Slawkenburguis?
(a) A nose scholar.
(b) A famous physician.
(c) A local lawyer.
(d) Walter's favorite philosopher.
6. What does Trim oil in Volume 3?
(a) Door hinges.
(b) The floor.
(c) The generator.
(d) His hair.
7. In Volume 4, why does the man with the big nose travel to Strasborg?
(a) To find a wife.
(b) To attend a nose convention.
(c) To sell a cow.
(d) To seek a surgeon.
8. How does Dr. Slop cut his thumb?
(a) While trying to open his bag.
(b) Trying to hold onto the reins.
(c) While trying to operate on Mrs. Shandy.
(d) On a sharp edge of the tea cup.
9. Who asks Dr. Slop to come to the birthing room?
(c) Walter Shandy.
(d) The midwife.
10. When the midwife falls, what does Dr. Slop offer to examine?
(a) Her nose.
(b) Her hand.
(c) Her shin.
(d) Her hip.
11. What book does Walter Shandy hand Dr. Slop after he cuts his thumb?
(a) A medical text.
(b) A collection of poetry by Ovid.
(c) The Bible.
(d) A book of excommunication.
12. Which famous poet does Tristram quote in Volume 1?
13. Who helps the village midwife attain a license?
(a) Dr. Slop.
(b) Toby Shandy.
(c) Mr. Yorick.
(d) Walter Shandy.
14. Who is present at Mr. Yorick's death?
(d) Dr. Slop.
15. Who delivers a fine sermon while the other characters wait for Tristram's birth?
(c) Mr. Yorick.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Tristram conceived?
2. What phrase is inscribed on Mr. Yorick's gravestone?
3. Who is the Homunculus?
4. What opinion does Tristram have about time?
5. Who is Dolly?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)