|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toby Shandy have difficulty remembering after the war?
(a) How to tie his cravat.
(b) His full name.
(c) How to eat and drink.
(d) Exactly how he was injured.
2. What concern does Walter Shandy express about his son's birth in Volume 2?
(a) A breech birth is indicative of a stubborn child.
(b) A long delivery could cause a deformity.
(c) Mrs. Shandy's pelvis could crush his head.
(d) Mrs. Shandy is too old to deliver a child.
3. What tune does Toby whistle in Volume 3?
(a) Ally Croaker.
(b) The Keys of Canterbury.
(d) Eileen Oge.
4. How many children does Obidiah have?
5. How is Toby wounded in Volume 3?
(a) Dr. Slop's forceps tear his skin.
(b) He trips over the rug and falls.
(c) He faints at the sight of the scalpel.
(d) He pinches his thumb in the clamp.
6. Why is Dr. Slop offended by the sermon delivered in Volume 2?
(a) He is an Atheist.
(b) He is a scientist.
(c) He is a Protestant.
(d) He is a Catholic.
7. What animal does Toby gently catch and release when Tristram is ten?
(a) A fly.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A flea.
(d) A gnat.
8. In Volume 3, what does Dr. Slop create in the kitchen?
(a) An omelet.
(b) A scalpel.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A sandwich.
9. Which famous poet does Tristram quote in Volume 1?
10. What is Homenas?
(a) A church.
(b) A law text.
(c) A song.
(d) A town.
11. Who is the Homunculus?
(a) Tristram Shandy.
(b) Mr. Yorick.
(c) Walter Shandy.
(d) Mrs. Shandy.
12. What does Trim oil in Volume 3?
(a) The floor.
(b) The generator.
(c) Door hinges.
(d) His hair.
13. In Volume 3, what confusion does Toby have about Dr. Slop's creation?
(a) He asks if the doctor is French.
(b) He thinks the sandwich is for him.
(c) He wonders why a doctor would use a spoon for a knife.
(d) He thinks the doctor is creating a drawbridge for him.
14. On which night does Walter Shandy always wind the clock?
15. Why does Toby Shandy come to live with Walter and his family?
(a) He is too old to live alone.
(b) To recover from a war wound.
(c) He lost all his money in a bet.
(d) His parents abandoned him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Phutatoruis' profession?
2. How tall is Dr. Slop?
3. In Volume 4, why does the man with the big nose travel to Strasborg?
4. How long does Toby take to recover from his injury?
5. To what does Walter Shandy attribute his family problems?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)