|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Yorick's first name?
2. Who is the narrator?
(a) Walter Shandy.
(b) Tristram Shandy.
(c) Toby Shandy.
(d) Mr. Yorick.
3. On which night does Walter Shandy always wind the clock?
4. What type of book does Toby plan to write?
(a) A war manual.
(b) A history book.
(c) A book of poetry.
(d) An autobiography.
5. What does Mr. Yorick often loan the villagers?
(b) His horses.
(c) His cloak.
6. Who is Trim?
(a) Toby's nephew.
(b) Toby's servant and friend.
(c) Toby's commanding officer.
(d) Walter's servant.
7. In Volume 3, what confusion does Toby have about Dr. Slop's creation?
(a) He asks if the doctor is French.
(b) He thinks the doctor is creating a drawbridge for him.
(c) He wonders why a doctor would use a spoon for a knife.
(d) He thinks the sandwich is for him.
8. In what battle is Toby Shandy wounded?
(a) The battle of Sambre.
(b) The gate of St. Nicholas.
(c) The siege of Namur.
(d) The battle of Roch.
9. Whom does Phutatoruis blame for his injury?
10. How many miles away does Dr. Slop live?
11. To what does Walter Shandy attribute his family problems?
(a) Bad food.
(b) Their small noses.
(d) Bad karma.
12. What concern does Walter Shandy express about his son's birth in Volume 2?
(a) Mrs. Shandy's pelvis could crush his head.
(b) A breech birth is indicative of a stubborn child.
(c) A long delivery could cause a deformity.
(d) Mrs. Shandy is too old to deliver a child.
13. What medical instrument does Dr. Slop show Toby?
14. Why does Yorick christen Tristram with the wrong name?
(a) Mrs. Shandy interrupts the christening.
(b) Susannah mispronounces the name.
(c) He doesn't like the name Walter has chosen.
(d) Yorick is deaf and cannot hear clearly.
15. What is in Flanders?
(a) Toby and the British army.
(b) The finest lacemakers.
(c) Bobby's university.
(d) The most effective physicians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Slawkenburguis?
2. What animal does Toby gently catch and release when Tristram is ten?
3. Which famous engineer do Toby and Walter discuss while waiting for Tristram's birth?
4. What book does Walter Shandy hand Dr. Slop after he cuts his thumb?
5. According to Uncle Toby, when do Tristram's problems begin?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)