|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies and leaves Walter a substantial inheritance in Volume 4?
(b) Mr. Yorick.
(c) Hammond Shandy.
(d) Aunt Dinah.
2. Which famous poet does Tristram quote in Volume 1?
3. What is Yorick's first name?
4. Where does the preface appear in Volume 3?
(a) Tristram promises to include it in the next volume.
(b) In the beginning of the book.
(c) In the middle of the book.
(d) At the end of the book.
5. What medical procedure does Walter Shandy suggest for his wife?
(a) An episiotomy.
(b) A hysterectomy.
(c) A cesarean section.
(d) A lobotomy.
6. What does Phutatoruis exclaim when he is injured?
7. Who is sent to fetch Dr. Slop?
8. How does Dr. Slop cut his thumb?
(a) Trying to hold onto the reins.
(b) While trying to operate on Mrs. Shandy.
(c) On a sharp edge of the tea cup.
(d) While trying to open his bag.
9. With whom does Aunt Dinah have an affair?
(a) Toby Shandy.
(b) The coachman.
(c) The butler.
(d) Mr. Yorick.
10. Who is sent to fetch the midwife?
11. According to Uncle Toby, when do Tristram's problems begin?
(a) Sixty seconds after he is conceived.
(b) At birth.
(c) At the age of five.
(d) Nine months before he enters the world.
12. What is Mrs. Shandy's maiden name?
(a) Elizabeth Yorick.
(b) Emily Yorick.
(c) Elizabeth Mollineux.
(d) Elsabeth Mollard.
13. What is Phutatoruis' profession?
(a) A writer.
(b) The bishop.
(d) A lawyer.
14. Who is Slawkenburguis?
(a) A local lawyer.
(b) A famous physician.
(c) Walter's favorite philosopher.
(d) A nose scholar.
15. What concerns does Walter Shandy have about Dr. Slop's abilities?
(a) He is concerned that the forceps will damage the baby.
(b) He thinks the doctor is too short to operate.
(c) He questions the validity of his medical license.
(d) He believes the doctor has been drinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toby buy to help plan out his old battles?
2. What is in Flanders?
3. To what does Walter Shandy attribute his family problems?
4. In Volume 3, what does Dr. Slop create in the kitchen?
5. Where on his body is Trim wounded?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)