|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Diduis' profession?
(a) A writer.
(c) The bishop.
(d) A lawyer.
2. Who delivers a fine sermon while the other characters wait for Tristram's birth?
(d) Mr. Yorick.
3. When considering names for his newborn son, which name does Walter like the least?
4. Who is sent to fetch the midwife?
5. Who dies and leaves Walter a substantial inheritance in Volume 4?
(a) Hammond Shandy.
(b) Mr. Yorick.
(d) Aunt Dinah.
6. What does Mrs. Shandy question while she and her husband are conceiving Tristram?
(a) If the clock is wound.
(b) If the table is set.
(c) If the alarm is set.
(d) If Walter has been faithful.
7. How long does Toby take to recover from his injury?
(a) Six years.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Six days.
(d) Six months.
8. Of what descent is Mr. Yorick's family?
9. Whom does Phutatoruis blame for his injury?
10. What comfort does Dr. Slop offer Walter Shandy in Volume 2?
(a) Medicine has made great advances.
(b) Children do grow up and move away.
(c) All births are difficult.
(d) He is young enough to find another wife.
11. Who is Bobby?
(a) Tristram's eldest brother.
(b) Tristram's uncle.
(c) Tristram's youngest brother.
(d) Tristram's imaginary friend.
12. Why is Dr. Slop offended by the request to come to the birthing room?
(a) He has not finished his tea.
(b) He expects to be paid in advance.
(c) He feels the midwife should personally ask for his help.
(d) He is not finished telling his story to Toby.
13. How does Dr. Slop injure baby Tristram during delivery?
(a) He sews Tristram's ears to his head.
(b) He accidentally circumcises Tristram.
(c) He drops Tristram on his head.
(d) With his forceps.
14. What medical procedure does Walter Shandy suggest for his wife?
(a) An episiotomy.
(b) A cesarean section.
(c) A lobotomy.
(d) A hysterectomy.
15. Where does Mrs. Shandy wish to deliver her child?
(d) The Shandy estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation does Toby give for Mrs. Shandy's reluctance to employ Dr. Slop?
2. Where on his body is Toby Shandy wounded?
3. Where on his body is Trim wounded?
4. What does Phutatoruis exclaim when he is injured?
5. According to Uncle Toby, when do Tristram's problems begin?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)