|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tristram interrupts his story about Toby with an anecdote about which author?
(c) Edgar Allen Poe.
(d) John Locke.
2. Who is sent to fetch the midwife?
3. Why is Dr. Slop angry at Obidiah in Volume 3?
(a) Obidiah ruins his jacket.
(b) Obidiah ties tight knots in his bag.
(c) Obidiah spills tea on his lap.
(d) He arrives after the baby is born.
4. Who dies and leaves Walter a substantial inheritance in Volume 4?
(a) Mr. Yorick.
(c) Hammond Shandy.
(d) Aunt Dinah.
5. What is Homenas?
(a) A law text.
(b) A town.
(c) A song.
(d) A church.
6. In what battle is Toby Shandy wounded?
(a) The gate of St. Nicholas.
(b) The battle of Roch.
(c) The battle of Sambre.
(d) The siege of Namur.
7. Who is present at Mr. Yorick's death?
(b) Dr. Slop.
8. What is Yorick's first name?
9. What concern does Walter Shandy express about his son's birth in Volume 2?
(a) Mrs. Shandy's pelvis could crush his head.
(b) A breech birth is indicative of a stubborn child.
(c) Mrs. Shandy is too old to deliver a child.
(d) A long delivery could cause a deformity.
10. To what does Walter Shandy attribute his family problems?
(a) Bad food.
(b) Their small noses.
(d) Bad karma.
11. Where does the preface appear in Volume 3?
(a) In the beginning of the book.
(b) Tristram promises to include it in the next volume.
(c) In the middle of the book.
(d) At the end of the book.
12. What does Walter Shandy want to name his newborn son?
13. What does Phutatoruis exclaim when he is injured?
14. Who has the power to change Tristram's name?
15. How many miles away does Dr. Slop live?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toby Shandy have difficulty remembering after the war?
2. Who is Slawkenburguis?
3. What phrase is inscribed on Mr. Yorick's gravestone?
4. In Volume 4, why does the man with the big nose travel to Strasborg?
5. What comfort does Dr. Slop offer Walter Shandy in Volume 2?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)