|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Toby gently catch and release when Tristram is ten?
(a) A fly.
(b) A flea.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A gnat.
2. Who does Mrs. Shandy wish to have deliver her child?
(a) Mr. Yorick.
(b) The village midwife.
(c) Walter Shandy.
(d) Dr. Slop.
3. What part of baby Tristram's body is damaged during delivery?
(a) His ears.
(b) His nose.
(c) His left foot.
(d) His head.
4. What book does Walter Shandy hand Dr. Slop after he cuts his thumb?
(a) The Bible.
(b) A collection of poetry by Ovid.
(c) A book of excommunication.
(d) A medical text.
5. Who is the Homunculus?
(a) Mrs. Shandy.
(b) Walter Shandy.
(c) Tristram Shandy.
(d) Mr. Yorick.
6. Why is Dr. Slop offended by the request to come to the birthing room?
(a) He expects to be paid in advance.
(b) He is not finished telling his story to Toby.
(c) He feels the midwife should personally ask for his help.
(d) He has not finished his tea.
7. Who is Toby Shandy?
(a) Walter's grandfather.
(b) Walter's brother.
(c) Walter's father.
(d) Walter's nephew.
8. Who asks Dr. Slop to come to the birthing room?
(a) Walter Shandy.
(c) The midwife.
9. Who is Hammond Shandy?
(a) Toby's father.
(b) Tristram's grandfather.
(c) Tristram's great-uncle.
(d) Tristram's great-grandfather.
10. What is Phutatoruis' profession?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) The bishop.
(d) A writer.
11. What comfort does Dr. Slop offer Walter Shandy in Volume 2?
(a) Medicine has made great advances.
(b) He is young enough to find another wife.
(c) Children do grow up and move away.
(d) All births are difficult.
12. What medical instrument does Dr. Slop show Toby?
13. Who is Bobby?
(a) Tristram's eldest brother.
(b) Tristram's youngest brother.
(c) Tristram's imaginary friend.
(d) Tristram's uncle.
14. What does Toby buy to help plan out his old battles?
(a) A scope.
(b) A riding crop.
(c) A compass.
(d) A map.
15. What tune does Toby whistle in Volume 3?
(a) The Keys of Canterbury.
(c) Eileen Oge.
(d) Ally Croaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is dropped into Phutatoruis' lap in Volume 4?
2. What is Diduis' profession?
3. What does Walter Shandy want to name his newborn son?
4. What do Walter and Toby do after Dr. Slop leaves the parlor?
5. In what battle is Toby Shandy wounded?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)