|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dr. Slop angry at Obidiah in Volume 3?
(a) Obidiah ruins his jacket.
(b) Obidiah spills tea on his lap.
(c) He arrives after the baby is born.
(d) Obidiah ties tight knots in his bag.
2. How does Walter Shandy determine to compensate for Tristram's deformity?
(a) By removing all the mirrors from the house.
(b) By forcing him to grow tall.
(c) By giving him a strong name.
(d) By teaching him Latin.
3. How many children does Obidiah have?
4. Tristram interrupts his story about Toby with an anecdote about which author?
(b) Edgar Allen Poe.
(c) John Locke.
5. Where does the preface appear in Volume 3?
(a) Tristram promises to include it in the next volume.
(b) In the middle of the book.
(c) At the end of the book.
(d) In the beginning of the book.
6. Whom does Phutatoruis blame for his injury?
7. What tune does Toby whistle in Volume 3?
(a) The Keys of Canterbury.
(b) Eileen Oge.
(c) Ally Croaker.
8. How tall is Dr. Slop?
(a) Four and a half feet tall.
(b) Six feet tall.
(c) Three feet, eleven inches tall.
(d) Five and three-quarters of a foot tall.
9. Who is sent to fetch Dr. Slop?
10. What comfort does Dr. Slop offer Walter Shandy in Volume 2?
(a) Children do grow up and move away.
(b) He is young enough to find another wife.
(c) All births are difficult.
(d) Medicine has made great advances.
11. Who helps the village midwife attain a license?
(a) Dr. Slop.
(b) Mr. Yorick.
(c) Walter Shandy.
(d) Toby Shandy.
12. What is Phutatoruis' profession?
(a) A lawyer.
(c) A writer.
(d) The bishop.
13. Why does Yorick christen Tristram with the wrong name?
(a) Mrs. Shandy interrupts the christening.
(b) He doesn't like the name Walter has chosen.
(c) Susannah mispronounces the name.
(d) Yorick is deaf and cannot hear clearly.
14. How does Dr. Slop cut his thumb?
(a) While trying to open his bag.
(b) Trying to hold onto the reins.
(c) On a sharp edge of the tea cup.
(d) While trying to operate on Mrs. Shandy.
15. Who is the Homunculus?
(a) Walter Shandy.
(b) Tristram Shandy.
(c) Mr. Yorick.
(d) Mrs. Shandy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Dr. Slop to come to the birthing room?
2. Why is Tristram's christening rushed?
3. What medical procedure does Walter Shandy suggest for his wife?
4. Who does Mrs. Shandy wish to have deliver her child?
5. What does Toby buy to help plan out his old battles?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)