|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Slawkenburguis?
(a) A nose scholar.
(b) A local lawyer.
(c) Walter's favorite philosopher.
(d) A famous physician.
2. Who delivers a fine sermon while the other characters wait for Tristram's birth?
(b) Mr. Yorick.
3. In Volume 3, what confusion does Toby have about Dr. Slop's creation?
(a) He wonders why a doctor would use a spoon for a knife.
(b) He asks if the doctor is French.
(c) He thinks the doctor is creating a drawbridge for him.
(d) He thinks the sandwich is for him.
4. What concerns does Walter Shandy have about Dr. Slop's abilities?
(a) He is concerned that the forceps will damage the baby.
(b) He questions the validity of his medical license.
(c) He thinks the doctor is too short to operate.
(d) He believes the doctor has been drinking.
5. Who is present at Mr. Yorick's death?
(c) Dr. Slop.
6. How many miles away does Dr. Slop live?
7. Why does Yorick christen Tristram with the wrong name?
(a) He doesn't like the name Walter has chosen.
(b) Susannah mispronounces the name.
(c) Mrs. Shandy interrupts the christening.
(d) Yorick is deaf and cannot hear clearly.
8. When considering names for his newborn son, which name does Walter like the least?
9. Why is Dr. Slop offended by the sermon delivered in Volume 2?
(a) He is a Protestant.
(b) He is an Atheist.
(c) He is a scientist.
(d) He is a Catholic.
10. Who is Mr. Yorick?
(a) The midwife's husband.
(b) The village parson.
(c) The village doctor.
(d) Walter's servant.
11. What is Diduis' profession?
(a) A writer.
(c) The bishop.
(d) A lawyer.
12. On which night does Walter Shandy always wind the clock?
13. Who is sent to fetch the midwife?
14. What explanation does Toby give for Mrs. Shandy's reluctance to employ Dr. Slop?
15. How long does Toby take to recover from his injury?
(a) Six months.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Six days.
(d) Six years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what descent is Mr. Yorick's family?
2. What concern does Walter Shandy express about his son's birth in Volume 2?
3. Why is Dr. Slop offended by the request to come to the birthing room?
4. Why is Tristram's christening rushed?
5. How does Dr. Slop cut his thumb?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)