|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tristram interrupts his story about Toby with an anecdote about which author?
(b) John Locke.
(c) Edgar Allen Poe.
2. Where on his body is Toby Shandy wounded?
(a) His back.
(b) His head.
(c) His knee.
(d) His groin.
3. Who orders hot chestnuts from the kitchen in Volume 4?
4. What saves Toby's life after the war?
(a) Susannah's poultices.
(b) Trim's encouragement.
(c) His hobby.
(d) Walter's support.
5. What opinion does Tristram have about time?
(a) It is meaningless.
(b) It moves too slowly.
(c) It moves too quickly.
(d) Everyone's concept of time is different.
6. Who is the narrator?
(a) Walter Shandy.
(b) Toby Shandy.
(c) Tristram Shandy.
(d) Mr. Yorick.
7. Why does Yorick christen Tristram with the wrong name?
(a) Susannah mispronounces the name.
(b) Mrs. Shandy interrupts the christening.
(c) He doesn't like the name Walter has chosen.
(d) Yorick is deaf and cannot hear clearly.
8. What does Trim oil in Volume 3?
(a) His hair.
(b) Door hinges.
(c) The floor.
(d) The generator.
9. What is Trim's true name?
(a) John Smith.
(b) Todd Moore.
(c) Tad Most.
(d) James Butler.
10. Who does Mrs. Shandy wish to have deliver her child?
(a) The village midwife.
(b) Mr. Yorick.
(c) Dr. Slop.
(d) Walter Shandy.
11. Who is Hammond Shandy?
(a) Toby's father.
(b) Tristram's great-grandfather.
(c) Tristram's great-uncle.
(d) Tristram's grandfather.
12. Whom does Phutatoruis blame for his injury?
13. What do Walter and Toby do after Dr. Slop leaves the parlor?
(a) Read books.
(b) Play cards.
(c) Drink brandy.
(d) Fall asleep.
14. What does Walter Shandy want to name his newborn son?
15. To what does Walter Shandy attribute his family problems?
(b) Their small noses.
(c) Bad karma.
(d) Bad food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Yorick?
2. Why is Dr. Slop offended by the request to come to the birthing room?
3. What concern does Walter Shandy express about his son's birth in Volume 2?
4. What does Toby Shandy have difficulty remembering after the war?
5. How is Toby wounded in Volume 3?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)