|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is dropped into Phutatoruis' lap in Volume 4?
(a) The forceps.
(b) A hot chestnut.
(c) A cup of tea.
(d) A full inkwell.
2. When considering names for his newborn son, which name does Walter like the least?
3. How is Toby wounded in Volume 3?
(a) Dr. Slop's forceps tear his skin.
(b) He pinches his thumb in the clamp.
(c) He trips over the rug and falls.
(d) He faints at the sight of the scalpel.
4. What does Toby Shandy have difficulty remembering after the war?
(a) How to tie his cravat.
(b) Exactly how he was injured.
(c) How to eat and drink.
(d) His full name.
5. What comfort does Dr. Slop offer Walter Shandy in Volume 2?
(a) He is young enough to find another wife.
(b) All births are difficult.
(c) Medicine has made great advances.
(d) Children do grow up and move away.
6. Where does Mrs. Shandy wish to deliver her child?
(a) The Shandy estate.
7. Who is Slawkenburguis?
(a) A local lawyer.
(b) A famous physician.
(c) A nose scholar.
(d) Walter's favorite philosopher.
8. What opinion does Tristram have about time?
(a) It moves too quickly.
(b) It moves too slowly.
(c) It is meaningless.
(d) Everyone's concept of time is different.
9. Who is sent to fetch Dr. Slop?
10. How tall is Dr. Slop?
(a) Four and a half feet tall.
(b) Six feet tall.
(c) Three feet, eleven inches tall.
(d) Five and three-quarters of a foot tall.
11. What is Trim's true name?
(a) John Smith.
(b) Tad Most.
(c) James Butler.
(d) Todd Moore.
12. Where on his body is Toby Shandy wounded?
(a) His back.
(b) His head.
(c) His knee.
(d) His groin.
13. Who is sent to fetch the midwife?
14. To what does Walter Shandy attribute his family problems?
(a) Bad food.
(b) Bad karma.
(c) Their small noses.
15. Who delivers a fine sermon while the other characters wait for Tristram's birth?
(b) Mr. Yorick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Trim?
2. What medical instrument does Dr. Slop show Toby?
3. What falls after Walter realizes Tristram has been named incorrectly?
4. What does Mrs. Shandy question while she and her husband are conceiving Tristram?
5. With whom does Aunt Dinah have an affair?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)