|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Volume 3, what does Dr. Slop create in the kitchen?
(a) A sandwich.
(b) An omelet.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A scalpel.
2. How does Dr. Slop injure baby Tristram during delivery?
(a) He sews Tristram's ears to his head.
(b) With his forceps.
(c) He accidentally circumcises Tristram.
(d) He drops Tristram on his head.
3. Who asks Dr. Slop to come to the birthing room?
(a) Walter Shandy.
(d) The midwife.
4. Why is Tristram's christening rushed?
(a) Yorick charges extra on Sundays.
(b) Susannah believes he is dying.
(c) Fights break out concerning his name.
(d) The vicar is leaving town.
5. Why is Dr. Slop offended by the sermon delivered in Volume 2?
(a) He is a Catholic.
(b) He is a Protestant.
(c) He is a scientist.
(d) He is an Atheist.
6. Where does the preface appear in Volume 3?
(a) In the middle of the book.
(b) In the beginning of the book.
(c) At the end of the book.
(d) Tristram promises to include it in the next volume.
7. When was Tristram conceived?
8. What is dropped into Phutatoruis' lap in Volume 4?
(a) A full inkwell.
(b) A cup of tea.
(c) The forceps.
(d) A hot chestnut.
9. What animal does Toby gently catch and release when Tristram is ten?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A flea.
(c) A gnat.
(d) A fly.
10. On which night does Walter Shandy always wind the clock?
11. Who is sent to fetch Dr. Slop's medicine bag?
12. What type of book does Toby plan to write?
(a) A history book.
(b) A war manual.
(c) A book of poetry.
(d) An autobiography.
13. Why does Yorick christen Tristram with the wrong name?
(a) Yorick is deaf and cannot hear clearly.
(b) Susannah mispronounces the name.
(c) Mrs. Shandy interrupts the christening.
(d) He doesn't like the name Walter has chosen.
14. What is Phutatoruis' profession?
(a) The bishop.
(b) A lawyer.
(d) A writer.
15. Why does Toby Shandy come to live with Walter and his family?
(a) To recover from a war wound.
(b) He is too old to live alone.
(c) He lost all his money in a bet.
(d) His parents abandoned him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What medical procedure does Walter Shandy suggest for his wife?
2. Where does Mrs. Shandy wish to deliver her child?
3. Why is Dr. Slop angry at Obidiah in Volume 3?
4. Who is present at Mr. Yorick's death?
5. What book does Walter Shandy hand Dr. Slop after he cuts his thumb?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)