Short Essay Questions Key
1. Describe Tristram Shandy.
2. Describe Toby Shandy.
3. To what does Uncle Toby attribute to Tristram's problems before entering the world?
4. What declaration does Tristram make about his narration in Volume 1?
5. Describe Yorick.
6. How does Yorick assist the midwife?
7. Why does Tristram's mother give birth in the country?
8. Describe Walter Shandy.
9. How does Walter Shandy help his brother after he returns from war?
10. With what hobby is Toby Shandy obsessed?
11. How does Toby's hobby assist in his recovery?
12. What differing opinions do Walter Shandy and his wife have about childbirth?
13. Why does Obidiah ride to Dr. Slop's residence twice?
14. What topics do the men discuss in Volume 2 while waiting for Tristram's birth?
15. Why does Trim deliver a sermon in Volume 2?
16. Describe Dr. Slop.
17. Why is Dr. Slop angry with Obidiah in Volume 3?
18. Whom does Dr. Slop blame for his injury?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)