|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Toby wounded in Volume 3?
(a) Dr. Slop's forceps tear his skin.
(b) He faints at the sight of the scalpel.
(c) He trips over the rug and falls.
(d) He pinches his thumb in the clamp.
2. Who is the Homunculus?
(a) Tristram Shandy.
(b) Mrs. Shandy.
(c) Mr. Yorick.
(d) Walter Shandy.
3. Why is Dr. Slop angry at Obidiah in Volume 3?
(a) Obidiah ties tight knots in his bag.
(b) Obidiah spills tea on his lap.
(c) Obidiah ruins his jacket.
(d) He arrives after the baby is born.
4. Why does Toby Shandy come to live with Walter and his family?
(a) His parents abandoned him.
(b) He is too old to live alone.
(c) He lost all his money in a bet.
(d) To recover from a war wound.
5. How many miles away does Dr. Slop live?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Trim?
2. What phrase is inscribed on Mr. Yorick's gravestone?
3. What reaction does Trim have to Bobby's death?
4. What medical procedure does Walter Shandy suggest for his wife?
5. Who is named as Tristram's godfather?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)