|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tristram interrupts his story about Toby with an anecdote about which author?
(b) Edgar Allen Poe.
(c) John Locke.
2. Who dies and leaves Walter a substantial inheritance in Volume 4?
(b) Aunt Dinah.
(c) Hammond Shandy.
(d) Mr. Yorick.
3. Why is Dr. Slop offended by the request to come to the birthing room?
(a) He has not finished his tea.
(b) He expects to be paid in advance.
(c) He feels the midwife should personally ask for his help.
(d) He is not finished telling his story to Toby.
4. Who does Mrs. Shandy wish to have deliver her child?
(a) Walter Shandy.
(b) Dr. Slop.
(c) Mr. Yorick.
(d) The village midwife.
5. In Volume 3, what does Dr. Slop create in the kitchen?
(a) An omelet.
(b) A bridge.
(c) A sandwich.
(d) A scalpel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which famous poet does Tristram quote in Volume 1?
2. How tall is Dr. Slop?
3. What animal does Toby gently catch and release when Tristram is ten?
4. What type of handkerchief does Walter Shandy use in Volume 3?
5. Who is Hammond Shandy?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)