|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Walter Shandy hand Dr. Slop after he cuts his thumb?
(a) A medical text.
(b) The Bible.
(c) A book of excommunication.
(d) A collection of poetry by Ovid.
2. Who is Hammond Shandy?
(a) Tristram's great-grandfather.
(b) Tristram's great-uncle.
(c) Tristram's grandfather.
(d) Toby's father.
3. Why is Dr. Slop angry at Obidiah in Volume 3?
(a) Obidiah ties tight knots in his bag.
(b) He arrives after the baby is born.
(c) Obidiah ruins his jacket.
(d) Obidiah spills tea on his lap.
4. Where does Mrs. Shandy wish to deliver her child?
(c) The Shandy estate.
5. How is Toby wounded in Volume 3?
(a) He trips over the rug and falls.
(b) He faints at the sight of the scalpel.
(c) He pinches his thumb in the clamp.
(d) Dr. Slop's forceps tear his skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Obidiah have?
2. What saves Toby's life after the war?
3. Who does Tristram compare to the main character in Don Quixote?
4. In what battle is Toby Shandy wounded?
5. What does Toby buy to help plan out his old battles?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)