Part I: Chapter I, Witch Hunt
1. What type of flowers were in a Qjanlong vase on Cheng's desk?
2. In 1966, how many people in Shanghai lived as Westerners?
(a) Five or six familes.
(b) A couple dozen familes.
(c) A dozen or so families.
(d) Maybe twenty families.
3. When did the Communist Army enter Shanghai?
4. What had Cheng's servant Lao-zhao left for her on a tray on a coffee table on July 3, 1966?
(b) Iced tea.
(c) Iced water.
(d) Iced coffee.
5. By 1966, how many years had passed since Cheng's husband had died?
(a) Nearly 9 years.
(b) About 7 years.
(c) Nearly 10 years.
(d) About 8 years.
6. Where did Cheng and her husband meet?
(c) United States.
7. What foreign company did Cheng's husband serve as general manager of their Shanghai office?
(a) Sinclair Oil Corporation.
(b) Shell International Petroleum Company.
(c) Hess Oil and Chemical.
(d) Hunt Petroleum.
8. When Cheng was taken to a struggle meeting on July 4, 1966, who was the target of the meeting?
(a) Deng Xiaoping.
(b) Tao Feng.
(c) Chen Yun.
(d) Qi Baishi.
This section contains 3,768 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)