|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The night after the British take the fort, how many hours of sleep does Bush get to sleep before taking the morning watch?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 6 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 8 hours.
2. Bush lives in a cottage with _________________.
(a) His sisters.
(b) No one.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother and father.
3. During the past several years of war, Bush has only known ______ short interval(s) of leave.
4. What does Bush determine about Hornblower after their discussion?
(a) Hornblower was a very misguided young officer.
(b) Hornblower was a very brilliant young officer.
(c) Hornblower was a very promising young officer.
(d) Hornblower was a whippersnapper of an officer.
5. Bush hadn't been to the Kingston station in _____ years.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the Court of Inquiry, Buckland is what?
2. Which shipman can speak and understand Spanish?
3. How does Colonel Ortega try to scare the British from staying at the Spanish fort?
4. Who wins the last hand of whist?
5. While discussing their plans for the Spanish, Buckland tells Hornblower that he talks like a __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. When Colonel Ortega and his ship approach the fort, they wave a white flag and sound the trumpets. What is the point of this?
2. What season is it during Bush's second visit with Hornblower in Pourtsmouth?
3. How is Surgeon Sankey characterized throughout Chapter 15?
4. Why does Admiral Parry confirm Hornblower's promotion to Commander?
5. What is the story that Hornblower tells to Admiral Parry at the whist table when Parry says he recognizes Hornblower's name?
6. How is Colonel Ortega described physically?
7. Why is Maria so upset at the news that Hornblower has been given the command of a war sloop?
8. Why is Buckland so unhappy after the Court of Inquiry?
9. Describe the Court of Inquiry.
10. What is the reward for Bush after the victory in Haiti?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)