|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Horatio suggests that they use a ________ from the ship to attack the far end of the bay.
2. Hornblower resides at ___________________.
(a) Highbury Street.
(b) The Navy Office.
(c) Keppel's Head.
(d) The Long Rooms.
3. ________ is not one of Bush's strong points.
4. While discussing their plans for the Spanish, Buckland tells Hornblower that he talks like a __________________.
(b) Sea lawyer.
5. The run to Kingston, Jamaica would be completed in ___________________.
(a) Ten days.
(b) Less than a week.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) A week.
Short Answer Questions
1. In reference to the evening of playing cards with Hornblower, Admiral Parry says that the night is _________________.
2. What kind of situation is occurring in Santo Domingo?
3. In Portsmouth, Bush runs into Hornblower. Why isn't the latter a commander?
4. Which shipman can speak and understand Spanish?
5. The Spanish officer with a white flag who approaches the English-taken fort is __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Admiral Parry confirm Hornblower's promotion to Commander?
2. How is Surgeon Sankey characterized throughout Chapter 15?
3. What is the reward for Bush after the victory in Haiti?
4. What season is it during Bush's second visit with Hornblower in Pourtsmouth?
5. What is the story that Hornblower tells to Admiral Parry at the whist table when Parry says he recognizes Hornblower's name?
6. When Colonel Ortega and his ship approach the fort, they wave a white flag and sound the trumpets. What is the point of this?
7. What are Hornblower's duties after the Renown's change in command is issued at Kingston Station?
8. Describe Bush's fighting style during the prisoners' rebellion on board the Renown.
9. How is Colonel Ortega described physically?
10. Why is Buckland so unhappy after the Court of Inquiry?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)