|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Complete Hornblower's quote: "With the fort in our hands, we can deal with the __________ up the bay."
(b) Rebellious slaves.
2. Most of the Captain's injuries are to his _______________.
3. Who takes command of the landing party?
4. Which sailor(s) on the ship have a higher rank than Junior Lieutenant Horatio Hornblower?
(b) All of the answers are correct.
5. At each corner of the fort there is a small ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Captain fell, he landed on his ___________.
2. The 22nd Article concerns _______________.
3. After three days at sea, Bush knows he feels what?
4. Captain Sawyer's attitude when he looks around the quarterdeck for the first time revolves around ______________.
5. Buckland, as acting Captain, seems to be quite ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the proof of the shipmen's diligence of work on the ship?
2. Describe the injuries that the Captain suffers after his fall down the hatchway.
3. How do the Captain's moods seem to change throughout Chapter 2?
4. How is Samaná Bay described?
5. What does it mean that Bush is "brought up in a hard school"?
6. Who is and is not on the maindeck for the Captain's reading on the 4th Sunday?
7. Describe Hornblower's appearance throughout Chapter 10.
8. What are the specific commission dates for the Lieutenants Bush, Hornblower, and Smith?
9. Why does the Captain have Wellard whipped?
10. Why does Bush ask Hornblower, "How did the Captain fall down the hatchway?"
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)