|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The 22nd Article concerns _______________.
(a) Consequences of quarreling with a superior officer.
(b) Consequences of spying.
(c) Treatment of prisoners.
(d) Consequences of mutiny.
2. Who does Horatio request to be the messenger while off-ship?
3. Finish this quote from the text: "And sea and surf and beach seemed to be _______."
4. Each cannon shot weighs _______________.
(a) 8 pounds.
(b) None of the answers are correct.
(c) 24 pounds.
(d) 12 pounds.
5. Bush describes Hornblower's gait as being _______ from his overflowing energy.
6. Who makes a written statement about the Captain's fall?
(b) Corporal Greenwood.
7. At the beginning of Chapter 3, the Renown is plunging across the ________________.
8. What are all midshipmen trained NOT to do?
(b) Put their hands in their pockets.
(c) Drink too much rum.
9. Hornblower suffers from ________________.
(a) A stomach ulcer.
(b) Migraine headaches.
(c) Paranoid schizophrenia .
10. After taking an altitude reading, Hornblower says that he's never been ________________.
(a) This far away from England before.
(b) This close to the West Indies before.
(c) As far north as this before.
(d) As far south as this before.
11. Wellard is a ____________.
(b) Junior Lieutenant.
(d) Stow away.
12. Buckland, as acting Captain, seems to be quite ______________.
13. What is the known destination of the ship?
(a) The Netherlands.
(c) The West Indies.
14. What rank is Hornblower on the ship?
15. Mr. Lomax is ______________.
(a) The purser.
(b) The ship surgeon.
(c) A volunteer.
(d) A midshipman.
Short Answer Questions
1. In regards to Hornblower's illness, Bush says _______________.
2. Why does Hornblower get angry with himself in Chapter 10?
3. Finish the quote: "A ship of war manned for active service was _______."
4. Which ship is Bush serving on prior to his current employment?
5. How many times is Wellard beaten in total on this day?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)