|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 6, how many days have passed since the change in command?
2. How many marines from the fort does Hornblower send to assist Bush?
(a) None of the answers are correct.
3. How does Bush feel when the Captain accuses him of something untrue?
(d) Puzzled and a little hurt.
4. A pending war with France would mean _______________.
(a) The country would go further into debt.
(b) There would be cutbacks for the Royal Navy.
(c) The re-expansion of the Royal Navy.
(d) There would need to be a draft of soldiers.
5. Wellard is punished by being beaten with ______________.
(a) Mr. Booth's silver-mounted cane.
(b) Captain Sawyer's leather strap.
(c) Captain Sawyer's silver-mounted cane.
(d) Mr. Booth's whip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Captain Sawyer's attitude when he looks around the quarterdeck for the first time revolves around ______________.
2. At the end of Chapter 10, how many of the privateers' schooners are destroyed?
3. What is the consequence for being caught speaking mutinously in secret?
4. Hornblower becomes excited when getting glimpses of what alongside the ship?
5. Admiral Lambert renames La Gaditana the ________.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)