|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the time of this story, _____ is in supreme control of France.
(a) King George II.
(c) French Parliament.
(d) Napoleon Bonaparte.
2. How many marines from the fort does Hornblower send to assist Bush?
(c) None of the answers are correct.
3. After their retreat, what is Hornblower's proposed plan?
(a) Sail on to Jamaica.
(b) Storm the fort in a surprise attack the next night.
(c) Storm the fort in a surprise attack that very night.
(d) Go back to England.
4. The night after the British take the fort, how many hours of sleep does Bush get to sleep before taking the morning watch?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 4 hours.
(c) 8 hours.
(d) 6 hours.
5. In a report given at the Court of Inquiry, it is said that Bush and his men stormed the fort with no more than _____ casualties.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 6, how many days have passed since the change in command?
2. Bush reflects that he moves slower than Hornblower during the landing party's attack on the fort because Bush has a ________________.
3. Bush hadn't been to the Kingston station in _____ years.
4. What does Hornblower do on the quarterdeck?
5. The "Morning Chronicle" says Napoleon is going to call himself __________________.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)