|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the 19th Article pertain?
(a) The consequences of mutiny.
(b) Treatment of prisoners.
(c) The consequences of spying.
(d) Consequences of starting fights onboard.
2. While discussing their plans for the Spanish, Buckland tells Hornblower that he talks like a __________________.
(a) Sea lawyer.
3. "D.D." in the ship's books after a shipman's name means _____________.
(a) Dead, dumb.
(b) Dead, discharged.
(c) Dumb, discharged.
(d) Done, discharged.
4. Which ship is Bush serving on prior to his current employment?
5. Hornblower's landlady is ___________________.
(a) Mrs. Masters.
(b) Mrs. Masons.
(c) Mrs. Manson.
(d) Mrs. Mason.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the quote: "A ship of war manned for active service was _______."
2. How much of his pay has Bush been giving his sisters since he first joined the Royal Navy?
3. Hornblower shows recognition that the Captain's behavior is unusual by ______________.
4. Because of one of the lieutenants' deaths, Bush becomes elevated to the rank of ______________.
5. What colors are the Spanish officers' uniforms?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)