|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What colors are the Spanish officers' uniforms?
(a) Blue and white.
(b) Blue and gold.
(c) Green and white.
(d) White and gold.
2. Which sailor(s) on the ship have a higher rank than Junior Lieutenant Horatio Hornblower?
(b) All of the answers are correct.
3. The gun that Bush and Hornblower choose to use in their plan weighs _____.
(a) 2.5 tons.
(b) 1.5 tons.
(c) 2 tons.
(d) 1 ton.
4. Since when have the British been at war?
(b) None of the answers are correct.
5. Who says, "No peace for the wicked"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men does Hornblower bring with him to aid the Renown during the prisoner rebellion?
2. With what is the Captain restrained?
3. The word _______ strikes Bush's ear with special emphasis as the Captain reads.
4. Who asks Hornblower, "How did the captain come to fall down the hatchway?" at the end of Chapter 8?
5. The Spanish officer with a white flag who approaches the English-taken fort is __________________.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)