|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the known destination of the ship?
(a) The Netherlands.
(d) The West Indies.
2. Who is the ship surgeon?
3. The 22nd Article concerns _______________.
(a) Consequences of mutiny.
(b) Consequences of quarreling with a superior officer.
(c) Treatment of prisoners.
(d) Consequences of spying.
4. Lieutenants are promoted through merit _______.
(c) Every few years.
(d) Only when prisoners are captured.
5. Who is the officer on watch during the Captain's reading?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times is Wellard beaten in total on this day?
2. What does Hornblower do on the quarterdeck?
3. Buckland, as acting Captain, seems to be quite ______________.
4. Who would be left on the ship to take a watch while the landing party descends to the shore of Samana Bay?
5. Who says, "You wear your guilt on your face, Mr. Bush. I'll remember this"?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)