|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which sailor(s) on the ship have a higher rank than Junior Lieutenant Horatio Hornblower?
(c) All of the answers are correct.
2. How many prisoners does Hornblower take at the main gate on the other side of the fort from Bush?
3. What is "watch and watch" that the Captain orders Hornblower to be on until further notice?
(a) Six hours on duty and two hours off day and night.
(b) Four hours on duty and four hours off day and night.
(c) None of the answers are correct.
(d) Two hours on duty and two hours off day and night.
4. Lieutenants are promoted through merit _______.
(a) Only when prisoners are captured.
(d) Every few years.
5. Wellard is punished by being beaten with ______________.
(a) Mr. Booth's silver-mounted cane.
(b) Captain Sawyer's leather strap.
(c) Captain Sawyer's silver-mounted cane.
(d) Mr. Booth's whip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bush reflects that he moves slower than Hornblower during the landing party's attack on the fort because Bush has a ________________.
2. ________ takes over the charge of the boats after one of the lieutenants dies.
3. What does Hornblower say while watching an enemy ship being consumed by fire?
4. Who takes command of the landing party?
5. The surgeon's assistants are _____________.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)