|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _______ had been Captain Sawyer's toady and informer.
2. What does Bush determine about Hornblower after their discussion?
(a) Hornblower was a very promising young officer.
(b) Hornblower was a very misguided young officer.
(c) Hornblower was a very brilliant young officer.
(d) Hornblower was a whippersnapper of an officer.
3. After their retreat, what is Hornblower's proposed plan?
(a) Go back to England.
(b) Sail on to Jamaica.
(c) Storm the fort in a surprise attack the next night.
(d) Storm the fort in a surprise attack that very night.
4. What is "watch and watch" that the Captain orders Hornblower to be on until further notice?
(a) None of the answers are correct.
(b) Four hours on duty and four hours off day and night.
(c) Two hours on duty and two hours off day and night.
(d) Six hours on duty and two hours off day and night.
5. What role does Whiting have?
(a) Captain of the Marines.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his opinion, it is not proper for Bush to feel what for Hornblower, a junior officer?
2. Horatio proposes that the landing party be made of ______________.
3. Half the ________ trade comes up through the Bay.
4. What word is difficult for Hornblower to use when speaking with superior officers?
5. What is the first concern of the previously-mentioned Spanish officer?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)